Star Wars Rebels - General TV Show Discussion Thread

Reaction score
I could see Disney maybe doing something like bigjim's scenerio yet leave it ?able if the crew made it to Alderaan so that they could bring those characters back later on if they want to do so.

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked and discussed.

Anybody ever think the Rebels main cast was chosen specifically because they could play themselves in a live-action film, if necessary? Freddie looks like Kanan. Taylor could play a later-season version of Ezra. Vanessa could easily pull off Hera, with green makeup and a headpiece. Tiya might be a little short for Sabine, but slap a fluorescent wig on her and I think she can play the attitude. Steve, well ... he'd have to do the mo-cap. And David ... well, that voice! He must play Kallus with that beautiful, sonorous voice! B)

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked and discussed.

Anybody ever think the Rebels main cast was chosen specifically because they could play themselves in a live-action film, if necessary? Freddie looks like Kanan. Taylor could play a later-season version of Ezra. Vanessa could easily pull off Hera, with green makeup and a headpiece. Tiya might be a little short for Sabine, but slap a fluorescent wig on her and I think she can play the attitude. Steve, well ... he'd have to do the mo-cap. And David ... well, that voice! He must play Kallus with that beautiful, sonorous voice! B)
Of course, they would have to recast Chopper. That guy's got real problems and a really bad attitude. :twisted:

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
Of course, they would have to recast Chopper. That guy's got real problems and a really bad attitude. :twisted:

Heh its an old animation trick, using like-similar facial features/construction to create the characters face. It's plain to see from Hera's chin/cheeks that shes based off Vanessa Marshal, the others I haven't examined as much but Disney had been doing this as far back as the 30's. Even Aladdin's Iago the Parrot is based of the face of the Voice Actor (Gilbert Godfrey) lol.

Reaction score
That would be perfect in my opinion. They could even have a scene where Bail greets them on Alderaan, so nobody thinks they didn't actually go there. Either that or we actually see them get killed in some battle. They just need to be dead, dead, dead, before the OT.
Ezra can live.....perhaps after getting caught in an explosion, we see him enter the dark side temple, now bald & heavily bandaged on his forehead and the left side of his face, his gold-colored uniform in tatters. Our last view of him giving a maniacal laugh as he levitates a Sith Holicron,perhaps his last line being something along the lines of "un....tamed....POWER!!!"

Reaction score
Ezra can live.....perhaps after getting caught in an explosion, we see him enter the dark side temple, now bald & heavily bandaged on his forehead and the left side of his face, his gold-colored uniform in tatters. Our last view of him giving a maniacal laugh as he levitates a Sith Holicron,perhaps his last line being something along the lines of "un....tamed....POWER!!!"
Now that's what i want to see. Funny, some of the best sw stories and ideas come from fans, not the "professionals" at LFL/disney. But, in all honesty, i cant wait to see how it will end.

Reaction score
So the premier of the new season...I guess we saw IT coming? At some point it was bound to happen.

Reaction score
I was shocked how quickly it came. Yea, we all seen it coming but wow. I was happy how it played out. Just curious about his eyes though.

Reaction score
I'm glad that they didn't wait until the finale episode for IT to happen. I still think that he might be ok. I mean that the explosion at the fuel depot weren't any worse than the beating the 'force projection LUKE' enjoyed in TLJ. Maybe we were all just fooled again and that it was just force projection Kanan and he is still alive. (Its Stars Wars, it doesn't make any less sense than TLJ).

Reaction score
Yeah, it did happen pretty quick. The worse part is that you saw it coming in that episode due to his behavior. He pretty much decided he wasn't coming back.

As someone who didn't want him to perish, doing that would only ruin his sacrifice. He's gone.
A Force projection wouldn't sustain any stress or damage, so he would have been able to do all he did as a Projection. Also, it took Luke 40 years to learn that trick. Having Kanan use it 50 years prior would only lessen its impact later on.

Reaction score
I was shocked that that they didn't waste anytime in letting IT happen... I sorta figured it early as it was a very character driven episode. Now I'm curious to see how they will work out the rest of the crew. Since we know both Chopper and Hera survive (thanks to RO) I wonder if the rest of the crew (minus Ezra as I'd assume he's going to fall as well) survives up until the battle of Scariff...

Reaction score
Also, it took Luke 40 years to learn that trick. Having Kanan use it 50 years prior would only lessen its impact later on.
But it would be something typical for a show like this.

In a video Filoni mentioned that from the start Freddie Prince Jr. wanted Kanan to die before the show ended. I think they did the right thing here and he should remain dead. They just need to knock off Ezra and things will be as Yoda said they were.

Reaction score
So the premier of the new season...I guess we saw IT coming? At some point it was bound to happen.
After several nail-biting days of waiting, Comcast finally made "Jedi Night" and "DUME" available on demand, and I watched them last night.

I was sad, of course, by what happened, but also relieved and glad to know that Star Wars could still make me feel something other than anger. I've been very angry with Star Wars for the past couple of months, and you all know why.

I also think I finally see what Filoni is doing with Rebels, how he's positioning it, and where he's going to leave it. Took me a while to put it all together, but hey ... I was having too much fun on the ride. This group's mission became Lothal after they met Ezra, and they "adopted" the goal of kicking out the Empire via shutting down the TIE Defender factories. Gov. Pryce has just given them a big leg up on completing that mission. Maybe the last few episodes will deal with the Rebels' final cleanup of Lothal (after Thrawn "deals" with Pryce).

I'm hoping Filoni doesn't kill off Thrawn. But I'm wondering if he has plans for any other main cast members to "meet their destiny" before the end.

I've really enjoyed Rebels. Sad it's so close to ending.

Reaction score
I was shocked that that they didn't waste anytime in letting IT happen... I sorta figured it early as it was a very character driven episode. Now I'm curious to see how they will work out the rest of the crew. Since we know both Chopper and Hera survive (thanks to RO) I wonder if the rest of the crew (minus Ezra as I'd assume he's going to fall as well) survives up until the battle of Scariff...
I wondered, however, whether the "General Syndulla" mentioned in RO couldn't have been Hera's father Cham, taking up her mantle if she does fall by the end of Rebels.

Reaction score
I wondered, however, whether the "General Syndulla" mentioned in RO couldn't have been Hera's father Cham, taking up her mantle if she does fall by the end of Rebels.
I'm pretty sure we see Hera in one of those Forces of Destiny shorts (which I believe, somehow, are canon) that takes place during ROTJ. So she lives.

Reaction score
Yeah, I always thought the same thing. It doesn't have to be Hera. But as LordEdzo pointed out, the Forced Destiny cartoon kept her alive so she can emasculate Han when he asks for food so that Leia can feed some Ewoks.

Reaction score
Oh, my gosh. Forces of Destiny? So that's the name of that ridiculous cartoon I saw on Disney Channel one day/night last month? It was "Teach You, I Will," and I would swear that was not Matt Lanter voicing Anakin. <shiver>

Reaction score
Finally watched. So much for the way I hoped it would end.
Well, we'll go with the back up plan I guess.....yep, Ezra is Snoke. :)

Reaction score
i absolutely hate what they did with this show. the extra force sensitive wolves having these time/space jumping ability. the time traveling portal, it is too far fetched and really doesnt follow the star wars stories in general.

i was all about disney buying SW to dump lucas, now i am thinking maybe it wasnt such a good idea.

honestly, it i think it is one of the dumbest thing in star wars since midiclorians. no joke

Reaction score
i absolutely hate what they did with this show. the extra force sensitive wolves having these time/space jumping ability. the time traveling portal, it is too far fetched and really doesnt follow the star wars stories in general.

i was all about disney buying SW to dump lucas, now i am thinking maybe it wasnt such a good idea.

honestly, it i think it is one of the dumbest thing in star wars since midiclorians. no joke
Agreed. Wolves, time/space portals don’t feel like Star Wars I grew up with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I

I begrudgingly agree, while I'm not totally opposed to time travel. I prefer it to be something more as a scientific experiment environment like if the Empire was trying a massive Star-Gate-esque thing out in the unknown regions to prevent the events of ANH/ROTJ. Or to go back further even to TOR timeframe. Space wolves are fine for bringing a spiritual touch to a series but to make it such a radical twist feels more like a YA novel from Star Trek rather then Star Wars.

Reaction score

I feel the exact same way.

Reaction score
the ONLY benefit the time jumping could have is if it will tie into Snoke's background. It could be a way to explain how he was present during different eras, like CW for example as some reports have said, yet he seemed to be non existent during the PT or OT. Could be my imagination, but the voice of "Dume" the wolf sounded a bit like Snoke, I gotta rewatch a view scenes of Rebels and youtube clips of TLC Snoke again

Reaction score
Did anyone else hear Chirrut's voice "I am one with the Force, the Force is with me" while Ezra was in the space portal? Thought that was a nice touch.

Reaction score
the ONLY benefit the time jumping could have is if it will tie into Snoke's background. It could be a way to explain how he was present during different eras, like CW for example as some reports have said, yet he seemed to be non existent during the PT or OT. Could be my imagination, but the voice of "Dume" the wolf sounded a bit like Snoke, I gotta rewatch a view scenes of Rebels and youtube clips of TLC Snoke again
I respect your opinion, R1G4R3PO. Everyone (myself included) seems to be fascinated by Snoke's background, but Rian Johnson appears to have ended the possibility of any further storytelling about him ... at least until after Episode IX.

Then I think some intrepid author will, in the fine tradition of the "new canon" novels "Tarkin," "Thrawn" and "Phasma," give us a "Snoke" volume that makes up everything we ever wanted to know about this mysterious guy. Not all of us will agree with the story told, I'm sure, just as I'm sure Disney will promptly ignore everything the author writes about Snoke if the character is ever used again in film/TV (just read "Phasma" to see how roundly Rian Johnson disserviced her character in TLJ).

Reaction score
^ Maybe that's due to Disney wanting no reveals just yet. As 8 recall when rebels started, there was reports that a main character was to have ties w/ the new trilogy. So far the only connection to new film are Here being mentioned in R1, the cameo of the ghost or a similar ship also in R1, and of course, the black death troopers, again R1, but so far made connection to the trilogy.

Reaction score
I feel that the time travel was introduced so that Disney can have a way to erase certain stories that the fan base doesn’t like. I wouldn’t be surprised if episode nine ends with Rey traveling back in time to stop Ben Solo from betraying Luke.

Reaction score
Ehhh, not sure about that given Disney already comes across as not caring about what fans like or dislike. They made EU non existent, especially post ROTJ EU. Introducing jedi space walking and mind linking in TLJ, although the latter may have been used to an extent in some EU, but oh well, that EU is non existant now. And agaiin in TLJ, making Luke a grey jedi full of regret, not the Luke we've known for 40+ years.

Reaction score
in my opinion they have to get rid of ezra, they have to. luke was the last jedi alive after ep4 (OT) and there was no mention of him up to now with the new stuff.

I dont think disney will KILL ezra, too many little kids want to be him. however, i could see ezra borrowing the delorean again and heading back to to see revan.

I could also see disney making a revan cartoon and stupid ezra ruining those episodes with his whining too. or they send him back to the future to hang out with rey and they become a love story, also really stupid.

Reaction score
in my opinion they have to get rid of ezra, they have to. luke was the last jedi alive after ep4 (OT) and there was no mention of him up to now with the new stuff.

I dont think disney will KILL ezra, too many little kids want to be him. however, i could see ezra borrowing the delorean again and heading back to to see revan.

I could also see disney making a revan cartoon and stupid ezra ruining those episodes with his whining too. or they send him back to the future to hang out with rey and they become a love story, also really stupid.
The positivity is strong with this one...

:(

Reaction score
They would have to pretty much bump off everyone. I remember in of the Forces of Destiny shorts that took place after the Battle Of Endor Hera showed up. So, I guess she was hiding out somewhere during the OT? Also I would think that Luke was traumatized by what happened in to the Jedi academy more then regret.