Star Wars Rebels - General TV Show Discussion Thread

GNT

Reaction score
We had a similar thread in the Clone Wars forum to discuss the show so I thought we'd have one here as well. Please use the General Toy thread to discuss any new toys, this thread is to discuss the show eg episodes, new characters and pictures from the show.

*Please consider this as a Spoiler thread with show discussion and pictures*

Reaction score
Though I'm posting pics of toys, I'm only using them to establish what seem to be the main characters. :sneaky:

Jedi News posted this the other day:

"On board the Ghost we will encounter:
- Kannan Jarrus
- Hera Syndulla - a Twilek whose family we have met before, and may well meet again.
- Zeb - the gunner, and trusty sidekick.

On board the Phantom we will encounter:

- Ezra Bridger - a renegade Imperial Cadet, who learns of their Force sensitivities through a highly sought Holocron - the very item The Inquisitor is commanded to retrieve by his Emperor. Bridger dresses in some customised Imperial gear."
So, according to the latest LEGO pics from the Nuremberg Toy Fair, here's what the crew of The Ghost looks like:

"Kannan Jarrus" is obviously some sort of Jedi, or at the very least, a dude/chick with a lightsaber...Hera Syndulla is the green-skinned Twilek...and the most interesting one to me is "Zeb", a purple-skinned alien who fits the bill of 'sidekick' and 'gunner', as seen here in The Ghost:

...doesn't he look a little bit like the early McQuarrie Chewie design? I could be wrong, but squinting at and trying to enlarge these pics (which are both from here), it seems that Zeb has either a black beard or some type of fur under his face. The Mission Series set revealed in the Hasbro list yesterday with "Zeb and Stormtrooper" is suddenly way more interesting to me...

Just based on what we've seen so far from these LEGO sets and Chopper, I'm totally digging the 70's colors that seem to be in use--the yellow and orange outfits that Zeb and Hera are sporting, and the orange and olive green accents on The Ghost. Between the heavy McQuarrie inspiration, Stormtroopers, the funky alien, the junky droid, and the clunky ships, this show seems to have tons of potential. I hope it can capture the OT vibe that it seems to be going for.

Reaction score
I love that ship.

Zeb does indeed look like the McQuarrie Chewie designs, but also reminds me of a Noghri from the Thrawn comics:

Reaction score
Interesting, I love the McQuarrie influence on the show. It should look great on screen.

Reaction score
can't wait to see what this show brings to the table in the Star Wars lore. I would love to see some of the main characters from the Clone Wars and the OT make small appearences. I sooo want to see Vader and the Emperor in this show as well as Leia, Kenobi and Ashoka.

Reaction score
Here's a much clearer pic of the crew of The Ghost in LEGO form, from Hothbricks.com:

The Rebels-stylized Stormtrooper helmet worries me that Hasbro will do the same thing, and plop an animated head on the SL11 body...let's hope not.

Reaction score
Here's a much clearer pic of the crew of The Ghost in LEGO form, from Hothbricks.com:

The Rebels-stylized Stormtrooper helmet worries me that Hasbro will do the same thing, and plop an animated head on the SL11 body...let's hope not.
Cool, thanks. Looks like they're obscuring the image of Kanan Jarrus?

Yeah, let's hope they don't mess up SL11. Have to buy those up now, just in case. :\ I still think they're going to want a clear distinction between the animated Rebels figs and the realistic PT/OT figs. So I think we may get an all-new animated Rebels Stormtrooper. And maybe they'll keep SL11 in the case rotation.

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Looks like they're obscuring the image of Kanan Jarrus?

Yeah, let's hope they don't mess up SL11. Have to buy those up now, just in case. :\ I still think they're going to want a clear distinction between the animated Rebels figs and the realistic PT/OT figs. So I think we may get an all-new animated Rebels Stormtrooper. And maybe they'll keep SL11 in the case rotation.
That upcoming MS 2-pack with Boba Fett and the SL11 Stormie is great for kids, but not so much for our purposes...still, better that it gets re-released that way than not at all!

Reaction score
It's cool to see a rag tag group of rebels for this series. As for the stormtrooper, I certainly hope it's animated in the rebels line - I don't want a new head on an old body either.

Reaction score
So much for the lightsaber being an elegant weapon from an ancient time, long forgotten about, eh? :rolleyes:

I can't help but get the feeling that the Clone Wars-ifying of the OT is dumping on it way worse than the PT did.

Reaction score

These guys look pretty sweet. My son collects legos so he's already wanting these figures.
Can't wait to see what they look like in 3.75 form.

Reaction score
I wonder if Kanan will find the lightsaber somewhere, or have it given to him, maybe by a Jedi just before he dies? That'd be a twist–Kanan has the lightsaber, but he's not actually a Jedi.

Reaction score
I wonder if this is another attempt at shoehorning. Jedi during the Empire reign, wasn't it already stated they were wiped out by then?

That Zeb character looks cool. If his action figure turns out okay, I might buy it for custom fodder.

Reaction score
I'm growing attached to Revanfan1's interpretation… I think it would be fitting for the Rebel captain to have the lightsaber but no Force intuition, especially if the Ezra Bridger character is Force-sensitive as has been teased.

Reaction score
It's the only acceptable scenario to me. The most fitting would be that the only blades in the entire series are red.

Reaction score
Of course we already know Ezra Bridger will be Force-sensitive, but not a Jedi, since he'll be an ex-Imperial recruit on the run (and apparently the Inquisitor's main target).

Reaction score
I hope Erza isn't force sensitive. I'd love if this series was just imperials chasing a gang of heroes with no force, no sabers, and no stupid surviving Jedi that miraculously made it out of order 66. Yoda and Obi Wan are the only survivors for me.

Reaction score
They have to have Jedi in this. What will be the point of having the Inquisitor.
I want to see the Inquisitor and Vader hunt down the remaining Jedi. Who knows there could be dozens remaining.

Reaction score
I hope Erza isn't force sensitive. I'd love if this series was just imperials chasing a gang of heroes with no force, no sabers, and no stupid surviving Jedi that miraculously made it out of order 66. Yoda and Obi Wan are the only survivors for me.
No, he is. They've already said so. He's not a Jedi, though.

Reaction score
Does anyone else want to see some clone wars favorites like Rex, Cody and perhaps Gregor in the Rebels line?

Reaction score
Maybe not Windu himself who is all winded out, but a dark force corrupted hand always giving the middle finger sorta like Adams Family.

The series will feature probably a Luke and Leia like characters, or characters as used in Lucas' early scripts, like Deak, Mace Windy, Starkiller family ect. With elements of those bratty jedi kids from The Clone Wars.

Reaction score
Does anyone else want to see some clone wars favorites like Rex, Cody and perhaps Gregor in the Rebels line?
Gregor would be fine, it actually would make sense in a way. But I really don't want Cody or Rex showing up. Even if you have favorite characters, showing up too much ruins their appeal IMO.

Reaction score
Don't forget about Mace Windu. He only got his hand cut off. He could still be alive...
Thats a good point. I never thought much about it, but I guess he could.
Important Jedi normally have a brutal death, like Qui-Gon. He could have stabbed Mace and then blasted him out the window: but they didn't........

Reaction score
Gregor would be fine, it actually would make sense in a way. But I really don't want Cody or Rex showing up. Even if you have favorite characters, showing up too much ruins their appeal IMO.
i don't know my vision of both Rex and Cody (even though we see what happens with Cody in ROTS) was that they felt they betrayed the Jedi and sorta of deserted from the Empire. I actually had a story idea of Luke meeting a very old and remorsefull Cody seeking forgiviness for following Order 66.

As far as Rex goes.... I would hope that since he was sorta very close with Ashoka that he too woould have turned away from the Order 66 command and went awol. I can't imagine ever seeing Rex gun down Ashoka or Askoka fight Rex

Reaction score
Did the Emperor have the cloners hardwire in a "self-destruct" gene into the clones, in case it was needed?

Reaction score
From the bonus trailer I saw it seemed that the clone black out and didn't realize what he was doing until he snapped out of it. So Order 66 may take over the clones consciousness and makes them follow the order if they want to or not. So I can only see Clones that have a close relationship with their Jedi be the only one that can break this order. Rex is the only clone that I can think of that can do this.

Reaction score
From the bonus trailer I saw it seemed that the clone black out and didn't realize what he was doing until he snapped out of it. So Order 66 may take over the clones consciousness and makes them follow the order if they want to or not. So I can only see Clones that have a close relationship with their Jedi be the only one that can break this order. Rex is the only clone that I can think of that can do this.
Here's the clip you're talking about, Qwonos: Clone Wars Lost Missions Clip . Watching that again reminds me of how "toyetic" so much of TCW was, and how unfortunate it was that Hasbro leaned so much on the tired Obi-Wan/Anakin/Clone-repaint strategy towards the end of the run. I hope in a year or so, we're not all bemoaning yet another case full of Ezra Bridger carry-forwards!:p

Reaction score
Cool poster, I'm up for an animated stormtrooper, and maybe that mcquarrie trooper.

Reaction score
starwars.com's twitter just uploaded more of those in-universe propaganda posters from Rebels--this one bodes well for more 5POA OT troops:

Cool! But where's the Death Squad Commander/Star Destroyer Commander/Imperial Navy Commander/whatever he's called? :)

And who is the guy on the bottom left? Looks familiar but I can't place it.

I'm also down for anything with a strong McQuarrie or OT look to it. And I'm definitely getting pysched for Rebels! After PT overload for the past few years, it will be great to get back the the OT. :)

Reaction score
Snags, I think it's this dude, the AT-DP Driver:

AT-DP:

The walker is based off of an old Joe Johnston design, but I agree, the driver definitely has plenty of McQ Snowtrooper DNA!
Cool, good catch! Do you have a link to that Rebels presentation?

Looks like they maybe took some cues from the Snowtrooper with the lower face covering removed...

Reaction score
Snags, I think it's this dude, the AT-DP Driver:

AT-DP:

The walker is based off of an old Joe Johnston design, but I agree, the driver definitely has plenty of McQ Snowtrooper DNA!
My brother had the Empire Strikes Back sketchbook when we were kids and I always loved the design of those little walkers. It's awesome to see that that they are going to be in the show.