Star Wars Podcast: JW Rinzler Interview

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've started a Star Wars podcast but that solely focuses on interviews with the cast, crew and creators of the saga. Didn't really want to self-publicize on here too much but this week's episode was at least relevant ... so, I thought, why not?

This week's episode was with one of my favorite Star Wars authors, J.W. Rinzler and I am super proud of it. I wanted to share it with the RS fam, especially with episodes featuring Terry Brooks and Timothy Zahn coming in the next months.

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-6-j-w-rinzler/id1388494261?i=1000414208651&mt=2
Libsyn: http://talkingbay94.libsyn.com/

Reaction score
Of course! I'm very excited (and nervous!) ... he's been my favorite author since i was 12.

Thanks for checking it out, all!

Reaction score
Most enjoyable. Thank you for posting. Rinzler's books have been a valuable insight, into the making of my favorite films of all time.
Curious as to why there wasn't a discussion about the post-Lucas Star Wars "making of" books? We are yet to see one.

Reaction score
Sounds lovely.. Just a quick question.. when you are interviewing Zahn, can you possibly ask him whether if the switch from Lucas to Disney had any negative effect on his approach to his new Thrawn novel (including the upcoming sequel) I mean was there a Disney intervention regarding the storyline or creative direction? I am asking this because I am a huge fan of the original Thrawn Trilogy (I humbly think it is the best EU book(s) period) but his follow up on Thrawn was not received with as high a praise as his original trilogy.. so I started to think is evil donald duck (and even more evil Kathleen Kennedy) behind this as well...

Reaction score
Sounds lovely.. Just a quick question.. when you are interviewing Zahn, can you possibly ask him whether if the switch from Lucas to Disney had any negative effect on his approach to his new Thrawn novel (including the upcoming sequel) I mean was there a Disney intervention regarding the storyline or creative direction? I am asking this because I am a huge fan of the original Thrawn Trilogy (I humbly think it is the best EU book(s) period) but his follow up on Thrawn was not received with as high a praise as his original trilogy.. so I started to think is evil donald duck (and even more evil Kathleen Kennedy) behind this as well...

^This. I felt the same thing about that book. He felt like secondary character in HIS OWN BOOK.

Reaction score
And I am strongly considering this is 'Kathleen Kennedy's intervention because the primary character was a female... just like Lando's activist droid :)

^This. I felt the same thing about that book. He felt like secondary character in HIS OWN BOOK.

Reaction score
Thanks all for checking it out and the questions! I'm interviewing TZ at SDCC this week and I'll try to ask as many as I can (depending, of course, on the flow of the conversation, etc.)

In the meantime, here is today's episode ... a conversation with the man who started it all ... Alan Dean Foster.

Reaction score
Star Wars Podcast: Timothy Zahn Interview

Well it happened! We talked to Mr. Zahn behind the Del Rey booth this weekend at Comic Con, which was a dream come true for me.

I slipped in as many questions as I could about the new process, as well as his hopes for Mara and future stories. Those are in the back half. The story about his initial plans for the post-ROTJ universe are also super cool.

Thanks for giving me some inspiration for questions to ask. Hope you'll enjoy it!

Reaction score
I just finished listening to it.. Such a great interview.. Zahn is such a nice guy.. very down to earth.. thank you so very much! :)