Star Wars Perpetual Calendar from the Bradford Exchange

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2020-12-08 at 2.31.30 PM.jpg

Does anyone have this or at least an in-hand photo of the figures? It's one of those subscription deals, where you pay $60 for sets of two figures (and the display stand itself) over many months. The total cost works out to be $420 + shipping, which is insane, but I'd really like to get my hands on the Jabba figure for my focus collection. I'd be willing to buy one or two issues if I knew it would come with the Jabba, but they just say that your first issue will be "a set of two character figures most appropriate to the current season." I'm not sure what that means exactly, and am afraid that since November (Jabba's month) is over, he might actually be the last one I would get.

I don't have very high expectations about the quality, judging from some of Bradford's other products. Certainly the images on their site can't be trusted.

Reaction score
Have you reached out to them directly?

I don’t have high expectations for the quality, but maybe they can sell you Jabba and whatever they consider his companion month.

The combination of November/December feels more logical so there could be a chance he’s current, but it might also be January/February at this point.

But unless they have their hands tied or don’t have any more, it feels like it’d be easier to get them to send you and past month than a future one.

Reaction score
I think it's unlikely that they would agree to sell individual figures since it's kind of their business model to trick convince people to subscribe for the entire run. I did consider contacting them to see if they could at least tell me which ones I would get if I subscribed now, but I haven't done it yet.

Reaction score
I suppose that’s what I meant by sell; ask if they could send you November and December first and then cancel after that.

Doesn’t hurt to ask. Worst case, I guess there’s always November 2021.

Reaction score
Yes, ideally I could buy just those two. I will try, but my fear is that the people on the phone either won't know what the situation is or will give me bad information.

Reaction score
I agree, I don’t think the people working customer service will be well versed in Star Wars enough to give optimal assistance since they carry such a broad range of products and licenses.

At least they appear to have a lenient return policy so you should be able to return them if they send you the wrong items. As the infomercials say, your satisfaction is guaranteed*.

*maybe

Reaction score
I did call, but they said that all but two months (something like May/June I think) were out of stock at the moment, but it did sort of sound like I might be able to request a certain combination of figures when they do come back in stock, so I will probably try back in a month or two.

Reaction score
Hi Mighty_Jabba.

I have a couple of the Bradford Exchange items. I enjoy them, but there is a marked difference between what you seen and what you get. Not sure how you'd go about getting single items. Do you want me to try and get in touch with them from the UK?

Reaction score
Hi Rod,

I know there is a difference in quality from what they show and the actual things, but even a crappy Jabba is interesting to me. But I think I'll just wait a bit and try contacting them again. It's also conceivable that someone might sell some of these on eBay eventually. This is how I got the Jabba the Hutt train from Hawthorne Village.

Reaction score
I finally managed to get ahold of the Jabba figure for this calendar. The paint is pretty bad, and the sculpt is not fantastic either, but on the bright side it is a unique sculpt as far as I know. Vader is slightly better but still similar to an action figure in quality for way more money.

IMG_4981.JPGIMG_4976.JPG