Star Wars Oriental Style - Japanese Popy

Reaction score
On the 15th October 2013 James (Fuzzybuzzytoys) instigated the collection you see below.
In listing a nice Luke FB Popy he started me on the road to Popy that I never anticipated being able to complete so quickly.
When I checked back the PayPal payment I was surprised to see it was only 9 months ago, its felt like at least double that ;)

Anyway enough talking for now!

Box Front

Box Back

Box Side

Box Angle

Box Angle

Group Shot with baggies and catalogues

Individual Pics

S1 Boba S2 Vader S3 R2D2 S4 C3PO

S5 Luke Bespin S6 Han Hoth S7 Chewie S8 Luke FB

S9 Han S10 Hoth Stormie S11 DSD S12 Hoth Soldier

S13 Luke Xwing S14 R5D4 S15 Stormie

I think I have been lucky to be able to complete this run in the time that I have done it in. The overall condition of the Popys is excellent. The only one in real need of an upgrade is the R5D4. Apart from him Im very happy with the rest of the set.
The eagle eyed Popy enthusiast amongst you will notice 2 of SW catalogues are missing and the message that comes with the R5D4. I have one of the SW catalogues on the way and I am always looking for an upgrade for the R5 so If anyone sees one please let me know :D

In relation to the baggies all are sealed with the exception of Vader (seal came undone when I was first looking at him :wtf:, Luke and Han (seal came away in transit to me). The Boba baggie could do with an upgrade as it has a few slits and Boba has some discolouration. As far as Im aware all the baggies are correct for the Popy release, however Im open to correction.... Frank :p

As you can guess I absolutely LOVE popys, the packaging, baggies, little catalogues, the presentation as a whole really appeals to me. You really have to wonder though about the selection of what characters they decided to release; No Leia or Yoda?, 3 x Lukes, 2 x Han. I would also question the inclusion of the Hoth Rebel Soldier???

I know there are a few other Popy addicts out there so I hope you enjoy, along with anyone else who happens to take a look.
A BIG special thanks goes to Jeff (CorporateSlave) for not only being an absolute gent to deal with but also for giving me the most ridiculously favorable trade in history:D part of which is the fantastic C-3PO pictured above.

As some of you may know my focus is on all Japanese SW released items. However I only want to display them as I complete them. So I will probably use this thread for other runs as I complete them, keep an eye out for Takara, Zetca and Tsukuda to come..... in time :D

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Big congrats on completing this set! I have always had a soft spot for the Popy figures. :)

Reaction score
Just beautiful Yogi..!! Has anyone ever done acrylic cases to protect these??

Im hanging out to see your Takara items......

AB

Reaction score
Absolutely amazing! This is a collection that I'd love to work on one of these days.

Reaction score
Are these those hollow doggie chew-toys? I have a bunch of Ultraman, GranSazer, and even Super Sentai figures in that style.

Reaction score
Beautiful collection. get them cased up.
I have a set but they are not in sealed baggies...
So the Luke and Vader came with SW A's and the rest with ESB C's? Is the Fett bag type correct as well?
Would have been nice to have the first 21 and at least the first wave of ESB plus Yoda done like this.
The whole ESB set would be perfect.
I saw a custom box made up somewhere, anyone remember who might have one?

Again great set, best of luck tracking down the missing booklets.

HWR

Reaction score
Congrats on completing this run, and thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Only 15 total different figures!! Too bad they didn't do a Sandpeople or Jawa…. or ….

Interesting how #1 is Fett , and the last #15 is Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Awesome I can't say I have seen them pictured together!

What a great run and congrats Bud!

Love those Popy baggie box sets!