Star Wars on Turner Classic Movies

Reaction score
For those of you who haven't cut the cord yet, Star Wars is going to be on TCM tomorrow night (Tuesday, July 30th). This is a real treat because it's very rare that any Star Wars movie comes on TV without commercials. Set those DVR's!

Reaction score
youre surprised that TCM is airing Star Wars? You must not watch TCM alot. TCM airs some obscure stuff over the years such as The Booges a few years back.

I prefer TCM over AMC. just depends on whatever they show or what they feel like showing on TCM.

TCM they air some interesting stuff during Halloween even though Poltergeist is their number one favorite movie

ZX3

Reaction score
I love TCM and have been watching their classic sci-fi selections all month. This was a fun excuse to watch Star Wars again.

I held out an oh so very slim hope that we might see a rare appearance the original version rather than the blu ray special edition, but nonetheless great to see it presented with respect and esteem commercial free on live TV.

Reaction score
I was also hoping for the original version. Still it was nice not to see a Disney logo anywhere!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not just obscure stuff like The Boogens, but TCM is known to air Lifeforce alot too late at night. Even last month or two months ago this summer TCM aired Lifeforce. TCM also recently has been showing some really odd lesser known early 1980s horror and/or slashers that i never heard of

Reaction score
Yeah that's part of their TCM Underground lineup on Friday nights. They show ALOT of obscure stuff for that.

It was nice to see Star Wars! I wished for a couple things: I knew I wasn't going to get the original, but it should have at least been widescreen. Also, I wished Ben had done the bumps instead of the red haired lady.

Reaction score
doesnt matter if they're on their Friday Underground schedule or whatever. Some of those obscure old 1980s movies are also on other nights too. Not just on a frikkin friday night

Reaction score
Star Wars is now on TCM’s free on demand if you get the channel. :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was on again last night with Ben doing the bumps. I missed the opener but caught the closer. I'm really not sure why it wasn't in widescreen format though. TCM is usually really good about showing movies in their original format.