Star Wars Land coming to Disneyland and Disneyworld!

Reaction score
My buddy picked me up the color change droid sets. They are very cool! I changed the FO ball droid to red, and they stay that way until you change them back. The orange CZ droid is funky, and the black Chopper is just close enough to Chopper in disguise that I can pretend.

I still need to pick up the playset and the 6" sets, but I'm betting they will still be around come August. Another friend is getting me the Holiday droid and TROS 4-pack this week.

And also, great pics! It almost feels like you should be required to wear a costume there, because the pictures are great until you see a bunch of tourists in mouse ears, and then the immersion is ruined.

Reaction score
The immersion is mainly hamstrung by the fact that Disney is, to date, refusing to have cast members dressed as 'locals' wandering around the streets of GE. There's no non-main character humans or aliens milling about, and there 100% should be. It makes Black Spire feel like a ghost town. Hell, they don't even have any aliens in the cantina. How do you not have aliens in the cantina? They were planning on having droids roaming around, but sadly, when they tested them a few months before GE opened, they saw they would become a potential lawsuit magnet. You can find videos online of these test droids roaming around the park, and inept parents couldn't keep their idiotic kids from trying to climb on them, hit them, kick them, block them, etc., etc. So we can thank moronic tourists for ruining that particular element for us.

Reaction score
The First Order officer and the Stormtroopers have started showing up in the cantina on my last visit to Batuu East.

There are cast members dressed as locals wandering about the streets. They just aren’t dressed as aliens.

Reaction score
I would love it if they came up with a gonk "costume" even if it was a little bigger than the standard gonk, they could make one with an actor inside for character atmosphere that might be a little safety/more practical than a remote droid.
Would also love to see creature costumes like the universal raptor costumes. Watching mandolorian makes me want to see a blurg wandering around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
For those enjoying The Mandalorian on Disney +...check out episode 3, The Midas Touch on the Disney Imagineering Show. They have a nice section on Star Tours from 1987, plus the Hollywood Studios(MGM) expansion in FL.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Sorry, no links but there are ride throughs of the new ride at GE.

EDIT: I found a moment to get a link.
I always prefer it when links are given with information as it saves dozens of people from searching for themselves.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For those enjoying The Mandalorian on Disney +...check out episode 3, The Midas Touch on the Disney Imagineering Show. They have a nice section on Star Tours from 1987, plus the Hollywood Studios(MGM) expansion in FL.
I've only watched the first episode so far, but that is a fascinating show!

Reaction score
The Imagineering Story on Disney+ is great but I feel like they are flying through the years each episode so fast. Episode 5 will be out this week and is already in the era of the California Adventure 2.0 (2006-2012) I would've enjoyed had they spent more time and detail on specific rides instead of Cliff Notes segments. Maybe that will be season 2?
I am avoiding all Rise of the Resistance videos and articles as I plan to be at DLR opening day on Jan 17, I can wait

Reaction score
That's pretty cool 👍 I wonder if that's a Droid Factory astromech? Is the vehicle scaled for 3¾" action figures?

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's pretty cool 👍 I wonder if that's a Droid Factory astromech? Is the vehicle scaled for 3¾" action figures?
Sure looks like it, but can’t be 100% positive. They’re supposed to hit parks this month.

Reaction score
they're in stock on ebay already at 130.00...retailing at 75.00 AND there's variants to the droids.....oops sold at 130 now relisted at 150.00. orange, white, blue or red highlights on the droid. Shuttle doesn't seem different.

Attachments

Reaction score
For a minute I thought this was 6 inch based on the size of the figure in the guy’s hand. Just must be the angle

Reaction score
I would guess in due time some resellers may sell loose the droid and vehicle seperately. Otherwise, 3 out of 4 droid may be EZ enuff to customize. Need to look at close ups of each to tell 4 sure

Reaction score
Just putting out a request if there is some kind soul, who would be willng to pick me one up and ship it to the UK. I can pay with paypal.

I'll never be able to get to Disney.

Reaction score
they're in stock on ebay already at 130.00...retailing at 75.00 AND there's variants to the droids.....oops sold at 130 now relisted at 150.00. orange, white, blue or red highlights on the droid. Shuttle doesn't seem different.
Ack, variants 😕 I like that it looks like a lifepod of some kind. I'll probably try to get two of them. I'm guessing these probably won't be in the Disney Springs stores, only available in the park?

Reaction score
$75.00 seems really steep for a small vehicle set such as that, and $300 to get all the droid variants? I think I'll wait quite awhile on these...

Reaction score
The immersion is mainly hamstrung by the fact that Disney is, to date, refusing to have cast members dressed as 'locals' wandering around the streets of GE. There's no non-main character humans or aliens milling about, and there 100% should be. It makes Black Spire feel like a ghost town. Hell, they don't even have any aliens in the cantina. How do you not have aliens in the cantina? They were planning on having droids roaming around, but sadly, when they tested them a few months before GE opened, they saw they would become a potential lawsuit magnet. You can find videos online of these test droids roaming around the park, and inept parents couldn't keep their idiotic kids from trying to climb on them, hit them, kick them, block them, etc., etc. So we can thank moronic tourists for ruining that particular element for us.
They probably wanted to prevent something like this from happening. :LOL:

Reaction score
Yeah, the R5 droid definitely looks like Black Series scale in some pics. But the chairs definitely don't look big enough for Black Series figures.

In this video, the presenter says you can fit your "three quarter inch" figures in the vehicle. Obviously just a misspeak from 3 and 3/4.

Reaction score
could it be GoA scale? just by comparison to the one lady's hand. My wife held the R5 from TROS 4 pk and the black droid seemed a bit too big for 3.75" 0f course, that was a rough estimation. Also, an ebay seller posted this pic as well so this may help estimating as wellge box .jpg
sadly, I'll likely pass if not 3.75" but at least i'll be able to sleep not worrying on how to get all 4 droids...lol

Reaction score
Yeah, the R5 droid definitely looks like Black Series scale in some pics. But the chairs definitely don't look big enough for Black Series figures.

In this video, the presenter says you can fit your "three quarter inch" figures in the vehicle. Obviously just a misspeak from 3 and 3/4.

OMG why do they let idiots review things...

Reaction score
I just don’t understand why people who have no clue what the products are, review them.
This was not a review for action figure junkies, it was an overview of all general merch for the average customer. They seemed plenty knowledgeable about what the toy was.

That said, I do hope someone like Bossk's Bounty or another quality toy reviewer gets one of these ASAP for a proper review.