Star Wars Land coming to Disneyland and Disneyworld!

Reaction score
I was told no when I was thinking of buying a jedi tunic and robe. Which as long as the hood is not up should be allowed in my opinion. There are 0 employees in black spire dressed as Jedi! The kids can wear cloaks, in fact kids can do a whole jedi training experience outside of star tours and fight Vader and Kylo.like I said i was ok with their answer, but selling the stuff right there, there's nowhete better to use it! I had a great time none the less. And if you can make rope drop, the presentation is very impressive. Especially at 6 am when it is all lit up.

Jedi Tunic you can wear, I've seen it often, and I know for a fact. The Robe is a hard no though since its has a hood and pretty much acts as a cape. A lot of the confusion comes from mis informed cast members like you encountered. And of course people who skirt the rule or are missed by security and take pics that get posted on social media, like the girl dressed in a full Ahsoka costume. It was very cool to see her in Galaxy Edge, but was totally outside the rules.

The guests not having blasters/fake gun things is a multi layered decision. There were times in the past where people with blasters/fake guns have been mistaken for cast members. They stopped selling all sorts of gun like items across property when the shootings, in Paris and California happened, they also upped their security at the same time. Let's not forget the Pulse shooter in Orlando scouted Disney Springs as a potential target. So it's not like these decisions are made on a whim or out of fear.

Reaction score
I think we all need to agree that "Smuggler's Run" is poorly named. You're not really smuggling. It's straight up piracy, you're attacking and stealing cargo from another vessel.

Reaction score
I must admit, I'm genuinely excited for such an experience! Heck I was totally hyped for the Star Trek experience (full scale Enterprise) that they "were" going to build in Las Vegas and never did.

The actual Star Trek Experience that they DID build was pretty epic, though. Definitely a forerunner to "Galaxy's Edge" and the (original) ride was absolutely extraordinary.

Reaction score
I think we all need to agree that "Smuggler's Run" is poorly named. You're not really smuggling. It's straight up piracy, you're attacking and stealing cargo from another vessel.

They can call it whatever they want, nothing tops the feeling you get when you pull down on that lever and go into hyperspace! :grin:

Reaction score
I don't care who does it, nothing tops the feeling you get when you pull down on that lever and go into hyperspace! :grin:

Reaction score
I don't care who does it, nothing tops the feeling you get when you pull down on that lever and go into hyperspace! :grin:
The closest I got was shouting at our seven-year-old pilot (in a fun, encouraging way, not a mean way), "Pull the green lever! PULL THE GREEN LEVER! PULL THE GREEEEN LEVEEERR!!!!" before her mom finally did it for her.

Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a single YouTube review on the Jedi and Sith busts online. They look pretty nice, but I'd like to find out more about them. Does anyone own them?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, I finally got around to uploading pics from my recent visit. I've got a crap ton of them, so this is part 1:

More to come...

Reaction score
Thanks! I actually have quite a few more from Galaxy's Edge, those pics were only from our first day there. I also have a bunch of pics from Star Wars Launch Bay if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
These are great for the people that can't/won't be going any time soon.

Reaction score
Starting today you can make Oga's Cantina reservations 60 days out at Disneyland. Just made mine this morning for the first weekend in December

Reaction score
Yes Awesome photos, thanks again for sharing!

I'm curious how many days should a person set aside strictly for Galaxies Edge, for the ultimate exploring experience? Since I've been there before back in 86, I don't foresee needing to see much else such as Star Tours. Though I thought they were going to close that down. I was thinking 4 days for a whole park revisit, then 4 days in Galaxies Edge.

Reaction score
It depends on when you go (Rise of the Resistance opens at WDW in Dec and at DLR in Jan) and what all you want to do (Smugglers Run, Oga's, Saavis, Droid Depot). Right now you can do everything in probably half a day but once RotR opens things will busier

Oh and Star Tours isn't going anywhere, just yesterday they announced that the ocean planet from Rise of Skywalker is going to be in the ride rotation starting Dec 20

Reaction score
Yes Awesome photos, thanks again for sharing!

I'm curious how many days should a person set aside strictly for Galaxies Edge, for the ultimate exploring experience? Since I've been there before back in 86, I don't foresee needing to see much else such as Star Tours. Though I thought they were going to close that down. I was thinking 4 days for a whole park revisit, then 4 days in Galaxies Edge.

It depends on everything you want to do. I think one or two full days is enough. Two if you plan to eat there, shop a lot, and want to do everything, including Oga's Cantina (45 minute limit), Savi's Workshop (about 20 minutes), and the Droid Depot (about 20-30 minutes).

Instead of 4 full days, I would personally recommend dedicating 2 full days there, then spending the nights there for the rest of your stay. We were there for about 10 days and would often spend the last hours of the park at GE.

It's nicer at night with everything lit up. It's also a lot cooler and usually fewer people. We had the Droid Depot to ourselves on some days.

Reaction score
You have to pay up front before you can build your saber. There are 4 different paths you can choose, Power and Control (dark side) , Peace and Justice (Light side) Protection and Defense and Elemental Nature (I chose Elemental). You are given a time slot to return and a collectible pin to wear and a card to hand to the "collectors" as well. Once inside your lightsaber pieces are placed in front of you (you can build 2 different styles or combine both styles to suit your needs). It's at this time that you are to choose your Kyber Crystal for the build (red, green, blue or purple). Once you've constructed your hilt, the "collectors" fit it with the blade. it's a very cool experience and the sabers are a mix of metal and plastic. they are very similiar to the Master Replicas/ Hasbro black series sabers.

Reaction score
picked up the Jedi roleplay set from Star Tours.. comes with a Jedi Communicator, Jedi Holoprojector with holographic figures of General Grievous, Commander Cody and Yoda and a Jedi Binoculars. the Communicator has preprogrammed Obi Wan Kenobi lines from The Clone Wars and the Holoprojector has phrases from Yoda, Grievous and Cody.. its a really neat little set