Star Wars Land coming to Disneyland and Disneyworld!

Reaction score
For those who haven’t been to Galaxy’s Edge yet(like me)...what are your lightsaber preferences at Savi’s workshop & Dok’s? I really want a legacy Obi-Wan saber, and for the build-your-own...I’m torn between the Old Republic look of protection & defense, and the elemental nature(love the leather-like grip & the rancor tooth pummel).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the Rancor tooth as well, I've always wanted a more unique looking Saber. Especially if it's a higher end item. Actually after watching a fresh baked video, I may come home with more than originally thought. The bigger BAD's do look cool, though i do already have the old interactive R2. Honestly can't wait to go and explore the lands more than experience the actual ride. It looks to be more work than fun with how the interactivity appears.

Reaction score
I just want to see and experience everything without having to buy a lightsaber or a droid. It doesn't look like you can get into the lightsaber building or droid building area without paying... is that true?

Reaction score
I just want to see and experience everything without having to buy a lightsaber or a droid. It doesn't look like you can get into the lightsaber building or droid building area without paying... is that true?
For the droid depot you can definitely get in to look around. When I went on opening day the line for Savvi's was crazy so I only got to peak my head in before I decided I didn't want to wrestle my way through the crowd just to look. You have to pay up front to do the lightsaber build experience and you can have one guest with you. In the last couple weeks they have started a reservation system though. You go put your name in and pay and then they text you when it's your turn so that helped with line crowding I am sure.

Reaction score
You may be able to go in with someone who is building one...I’ve seen family members video taping their experience. But yeah...you pay at Savi’s outside & get a come-back time. I’m waiting till next year, and maybe things will quiet down a bit.

Reaction score
I type slow evidently, Lando...lol.
For the droid depot you can definitely get in to look around. When I went on opening day the line for Savvi's was crazy so I only got to peak my head in before I decided I didn't want to wrestle my way through the crowd just to look. You have to pay up front to do the lightsaber build experience and you can have one guest with you. In the last couple weeks they have started a reservation system though. You go put your name in and pay and then they text you when it's your turn so that helped with line crowding I am sure.

Reaction score
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/06/know-before-you-go-planning-your-visit-to-star-wars-galaxys-edge-at-disneyland-resort-beginning-june-24/

Looks like Disney is going to require reservations for Savi's Workshop and Oga's Cantina in Disneyland. It mentions how to make reservations for Oga's but not Savi's.

Reaction score
Kind of annoying really, how am I supposed to know which day I'm gonna go or what time works the best for me? Especially several months out.

Reaction score
Kind of annoying really, how am I supposed to know which day I'm gonna go or what time works the best for me? Especially several months out.

Reservations for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina
Beginning June 24, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will no longer require a reservation to access the land, although reservations will be required for Savi’s Workshop and Oga’s Cantina, which have very limited capacities. Guests wishing to book a reservation for these experiences may do so on the same day of their visit, beginning at 7 a.m., with a valid credit card. Reservations for both experiences will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation, so it will not be necessary to join a boarding group, if applicable, to enter the land to participate in a reserved experience. Please visit Disneyland.com/SavisWorkshop and Disneyland.com/Cantina for important details.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hate those things. Really don't get it how popular they are. Here in the UK massive real estate in comic stores and toy fairs is lost to this swollen-headed junk these days, to the point that it has been a major factor in why I don't bother to go any more.

Reaction score
I hate those things. Really don't get it how popular they are. Here in the UK massive real estate in comic stores and toy fairs is lost to this swollen-headed junk these days, to the point that it has been a major factor in why I don't bother to go any more.
I don't collect pop, but more so because I'd get addicted, space etc. But I did back in the day collect Pez (90's)

There is something about collecting a line that has a similar style. They all look great together, and you can collect different properties and themes from all over pop culture and the collection meshes (like Pez)

Granted, the "cute" factor is not for everyone, but I certainly see the appeal.

Reaction score
It's probably due to my own personal OCD, but I don't collect "weird/misshapen" items or much else outside normal "Action Figure" lines. I'll get unique/niche items that look interesting/cool, but nothing goofy/gimmicky.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Right there with you...I see row upon row in Target, book stores, etc. I just don’t get it. I think the only Funko item I own is the 6” scale Rocketeer

Reaction score
I take that back, I did pick up MOTU Orko. But can you really tell if he's a Pop or not? lol

Utinniii

Reaction score
I have about half a dozen POPs. They either fit into my SW collection (Ludo and Demogoron) or I intend to decapitate them to customize (Dark Crystal Mystics, Dart, Predator puppy, SW Achtoo guardian...)

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I only have a few Pops — and they’re all Disney Parks exclusives. I guess that’s what I’ve limited myself to with this particular line.

Reaction score
So it looks like Rise of the Resistance isn't opening up at DW
until
December 2019 and DL in January 2020, which sucks since we are going to DL in September.

Reaction score
until
December 2019 and DL in January 2020, which sucks since we are going to DL in September.

I feel your pain. I'm going to Orlando mid-November. Was really hoping that it would be open in time for the start of the Holiday season, aka Thanksgiving. Maybe there will be a soft open or abbreviated open times.

Reaction score
We are honeymooning there in September, It sucks that the rise is not open, but it gives me an excuse to go back.

Reaction score
until
Oh, that's a drag. When are you going, Billy? For how long?

Reaction score
Going the last week in August/first week in September. We will be at DL for 4 days. I'm still pretty stoked though, we haven't been since my two older kids were little and my youngest has never been. We've been meaning to go again for years but kept having to put it off for one reason or another.

Reaction score
Curious...aren’t you closer to Orlando?
Going the last week in August/first week in September. We will be at DL for 4 days. I'm still pretty stoked though, we haven't been since my two older kids were little and my youngest has never been. We've been meaning to go again for years but kept having to put it off for one reason or another.

Reaction score
Pretty much smack dab in the middle between the two. We've been to Disneyland a few times and I have suggested going to Disneyworld, but my wife will have none of it! LOL. Her grandparents lived near Anaheim when she was a kid and she used to spend every summer with them and went to Disneyland every summer...you'd think she would want to try something a little different...but nope.

Reaction score
I hear you. My wife & I want to try to do the Avatar Pandora land at Animal Kingdom, as well as the SW expansion. We’re looking at next Spring. I can’t take the Florida heat July thru September.

Reaction score
A friend told me that attendance is down, and that people are upset over a couple issues. Plus the second ride opening has been delayed for much later. Seems I'll have to push my trip back even further, since I'll likely only go once.

Reaction score
A friend told me that attendance is down, and that people are upset over a couple issues. Plus the second ride opening has been delayed for much later. Seems I'll have to push my trip back even further, since I'll likely only go once.
i think attendance might also be down at World, even before Star Wars Land has even opened and it is primarily do to one thing= GREED!! Disney has used this opening of Star Wars Land to raise park tickets to near stratospheric heights. They have now reached new levels that are completely outrageous and has me really questioning why I am doing this? We went just last week for a couple of days and could not believe the new park ticket expense. Our family has been going every year for over the past 20 years, and I have never seen anything like it. My prediction is they have found their new breaking point and it is going to start backfiring with attendance!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm actually hoping the attendance remains low. We haven't been since about 2003 and yeah, prices have gone up a lot. Fortunately I get a Military discount that is fairly substantial, but still...

Reaction score
Not sure about WDW but attendance has been very noticeably down in Disneyland. I was at GE on opening day, at the parks for several days during that week and aside from GE, it was the emptiest I had seen in, well I don't know how long. Wait times in all other parts of the park were very low. That trend has continued on since then, multiple places have been reporting on it and on many of the FB pages I belong to report on it daily. Some days are slightly busier than others but in general its still pretty quiet.
All but the top two tiered Annual Passes are blocked out of Disneyland until mid-August. For the past year Disneyland has been hyping how busy they expected it to be this summer, Rise of the Resistance being delayed and the cost of park tickets (which was meant to thin out crowds) has kept people away. Will be interesting to see if attendance picks up next month.
I am going back in a couple weeks with my boys. They have a $99 ticket promo right now for AP's. Gonna hit up Ooga's and Docking Bay 7 and visit at night this time around.

Reaction score
I was at Disneyland three weeks before Galaxy’s Edge opened, during a traditionally slow time and it was PACKED! The comments I kept hearing were that the annual pass holders wanted to go BEFORE the Star Wars Mayhem, but they caused Even more crowds than we are seeing now. I welcome smaller crowds spread over a larger area.

Reaction score
i think attendance might also be down at World, even before Star Wars Land has even opened and it is primarily do to one thing= GREED!! Disney has used this opening of Star Wars Land to raise park tickets to near stratospheric heights. They have now reached new levels that are completely outrageous and has me really questioning why I am doing this? We went just last week for a couple of days and could not believe the new park ticket expense. Our family has been going every year for over the past 20 years, and I have never seen anything like it. My prediction is they have found their new breaking point and it is going to start backfiring with attendance!!
Yeah. Seeing how Disneyland is no longer getting property tax breaks, and has also agreed to donate ~$1 billion to Anaheim by the year 2024 in hopes of creating good relations with the city, equates to greed. Because lets also not forget that they have daily maintenance fees, employees, and other things like water and electricity bills to pay. And that these things do not magically disappear because they are Disneyland. Because this is how the real world works for them, and just like the reasons why milk costs more now than it did two decades ago is the same reason why they raise up their prices. I mean... Seriously. Is it so hard for people to act like they pay money to keep the park running? Hoping that the next big thing will help them bring in more people? Or has the internet become an excuse for people to act like overgrown children just because they don't like something that refuse to understand? Here are a couple of links on the subject at hand:

LINK #1: https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-anaheim-disney-tax-break-20180828-story.html
LINK #2: https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disney-tax-agreements-20180822-story.html

And note that I am not calling anybody 'overgrown children'. There is a difference between acting like and being. Just like it took me less time to find this than it takes most to skip this and vent their issues online. And a whole less time for The Walt Disney Company to co-create (with George Lucas) Star Tours as a means of bringing back teens who are bored of both their child-focused and outdated rides.

Reaction score
I was at Disneyland three weeks before Galaxy’s Edge opened, during a traditionally slow time and it was PACKED! The comments I kept hearing were that the annual pass holders wanted to go BEFORE the Star Wars Mayhem, but they caused Even more crowds than we are seeing now. I welcome smaller crowds spread over a larger area.
You and me both. I am planning my postponed (as my birthday lands on Labor Day weekend) venture with my main focus being Galaxy's Edge. So having a chance to at least make either a lightsaber or a droid would make it worthwhile. Plus not having large crowds might allow me to focus less on long lines (which is an issue for me) and more on maximizing my time there. Which I did a few years back even though the only ride I never got to go on was Peter Pan's. But even then those who are too focused on how "empty" it is also need to remember that there is only one ride, you need their app to interact with the space, and they are in dire need to create a means to discourage scalpers/encourage people to shop in that area. Which is why I think things will turn around by mid-2020.

Reaction score
Yeah. Seeing how Disneyland is no longer getting property tax breaks, and has also agreed to donate ~$1 billion to Anaheim by the year 2024 in hopes of creating good relations with the city, equates to greed. Because lets also not forget that they have daily maintenance fees, employees, and other things like water and electricity bills to pay. And that these things do not magically disappear because they are Disneyland. Because this is how the real world works for them, and just like the reasons why milk costs more now than it did two decades ago is the same reason why they raise up their prices. I mean... Seriously. Is it so hard for people to act like they pay money to keep the park running? Hoping that the next big thing will help them bring in more people? Or has the internet become an excuse for people to act like overgrown children just because they don't like something that refuse to understand? Here are a couple of links on the subject at hand:

LINK #1: https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-anaheim-disney-tax-break-20180828-story.html
LINK #2: https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-disney-tax-agreements-20180822-story.html

And note that I am not calling anybody 'overgrown children'. There is a difference between acting like and being. Just like it took me less time to find this than it takes most to skip this and vent their issues online. And a whole less time for The Walt Disney Company to co-create (with George Lucas) Star Tours as a means of bringing back teens who are bored of both their child-focused and outdated rides.
Your comments make for a little laughable read here. No doubt every company will experience rising costs every year, but the key point you are missing is the cost in park tickets from just last year to this year alone have been astounding, far greater than the rising cost of normal inflation. Disney will certainly keep pushing the limit to find the breaking point and I am convinced they are starting to approach it for the typical crowd that they have previously attracted!

Reaction score
Your comments make for a little laughable read here. No doubt every company will experience rising costs every year, but the key point you are missing is the cost in park tickets from just last year to this year alone have been astounding, far greater than the rising cost of normal inflation. Disney will certainly keep pushing the limit to find the breaking point and I am convinced they are starting to approach it for the typical crowd that they have previously attracted!
Laughable, huh? Not getting the point, huh? Your response to what I said is more condescending than realistic. So while you prepare to have a proverbial juice box, I'll point out the one thing you do not understand: At no point did I say that I like what is happening, but I chose to act like an adult by finding a rational way to cope with it. So with that said lets talk about the real me, and not the version you are trying to pass along to those you hope will ignore your condescending attitude.

Plus the real me relies on both family and permanent disability. I have a hybrid but the increased cost of gas means that I cannot go anywhere fun without making some sacrifices at the end of the month. And the only benefit this offers is an excuse to accept the way my friends and family often avoid me. Some told me that it is the same reason "adult" fans like you act like you are a "genius" when dealing with me online. So lets talk about the fact that for me to even go once without help it would take me several months to save up. How long does it take you? Or do you have others to help offset transportation, food, and parking costs? I don't unless one of my friends asks me to tag along for their own reasons.

So should I act like you are no different than those you do not know? Or should I repeat the fact that I act like an adult by being rational? Because the reality is that being rational is another way to oppose rising costs, having a reason to not go to any Disney parks, and so on. The difference is that being rational allows you to be an adult and realize that they have their reasons. Not have a child-like tantrum because you cannot deal with the fact you may lose something you have enjoyed. Because once you drop the attitude, realize that we are on the same boat. And that this too might be my last trip to the park. Okay?

Reaction score
I think time can only improve things, as I've also heard that the Sabers are often defective. I'd certainly hate to pay $200 for something, only for it to stop working or crumble only a week later.

Reaction score
I think time can only improve things, as I've also heard that the Sabers are often defective. I'd certainly hate to pay $200 for something, only for it to stop working or crumble only a week later.
The biggest complaint I have heard is that both every droid and lightsaber sold at Galaxy's Edge come with super-cheap batteries. Ones that are not meant to last for more than a week, or even a month. And I also heard talks that repeated use of the slot where the kyber crystal goes may result in some issues. No specifics on that as of late. As well as some QC issues with one of the 'Elemental Nature' switches. With that being the wood-looking one and the paint reported to come off after multiple uses. But other than that, every first version of something has problems. I just hope that I can get mine before they announce a 'version 2' upgrade. And hopefully not have it haunt Sith_Apprentice (who appears to be in need of coffee).

"Coffee. People should prefer their roast the same way they are expected to prefer their side of The Force: Dark."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reservations for Savvis and Oogas can now be made up to 14 days in advance. Just made a reservation for Oogas for next Saturday, this morning, and am glad I did as there didn't seem to be a lot of availability in the evening.

Reaction score
Reservations for Savvis and Oogas can now be made up to 14 days in advance. Just made a reservation for Oogas for next Saturday, this morning, and am glad I did as there didn't seem to be a lot of availability in the evening.
I just found this out the hard way yesterday. I was previously under the impression reservations could only be made day-of, so I tried to first thing, and they were already booked. So Ooga's Cantina was the only experience I wanted to see and was unable. (No interest in Savvi's, at least not anytime soon.) I intend to go back sometime in the Spring, once Rise of the Resistance opens.

Ultimately I think Galaxy's Edge is incredible. The attention to detail leaves you feeling very much immersed - I absolutely felt like I was on a Star Wars set somewhere. The crowd levels were, as we'd been hearing, low. I didn't even wait an hour to ride Smuggler's Run on standby. And only 35 minutes when I did the single riders line. While that may suck for Disney, it doesn't suck for those of us attending the park.

The merch is expensive. I paid $35 for a t-shirt that would cost $12 at Target, for instance. However that was to be expected - you will definitely be paying the Disney price. Favorites of mine, that I couldn't go home without, were a couple of restraining bolt magnets, a set of cooking tongs shaped like R2-D2's blue spacecraft linkage arms, Droopy McCool's chindinkalu flute, and a worrt that I plan to repaint. The mold is excellent and could be repainted to be a nearly screen-accurate representation of the creature.

Overall, if you get the opportunity - go. I don't think you'll regret it.