Star Wars Land coming to Disneyland and Disneyworld!

Reaction score
The origin doesn't matter anymore. It's here now, and more confirmed cases are announced everyday. Taking preventative measures, both big and small, to try and limit how much it spreads, is the proper thing to do.

Also, I wouldn't say calling it a 'pandemic' is a fallacy. The Google definition of the word is '(of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world'. Sure sounds apt to me! lol

Reaction score
Maybe Disney can use this time to work out the bugs with Rise of the Resistance and get it running it more smoothly when it re-opens.

Too soon?

Reaction score
What were the bugs? Hadn't heard about any. Only thing that stood out as needing some refinement was the movement of the animatronic Kylo Ren, especially his second appearance when the hull suddenly explodes out behind him. The movement feels very stiff and fake.

Reaction score
I believe there were times when the ride had to be shut down, and I thought I heard that it had been shortened in Disneyland, either to sidestep sections that had been on the fritz or to have the chance to ensure more guests get on it despite the frequent shutdowns.

In terms of this being an over-reaction...I don't think so. The number of cases doesn't seem like much now, but every other country that has had it has shown exponential growth once it got a foothold in the population, which it surely has here. (And that's not taking into account the artificial dampening of the numbers due to the severely limited number of tests available.) We shouldn't all be hoarding all the toilet paper in the world, but hunkering down for a few weeks to try to slow the spread of the disease (and, by extension, to ease the pressure that will be on hospitals to deal with the percentage of severe cases) is definitely the right call.

Besides, this gives all of us the chance to fire up Disney+ and watch some Star Wars while we re-arrange our action figure displays...

Reaction score
The origin doesn't matter anymore. It's here now, and more confirmed cases are announced everyday. Taking preventative measures, both big and small, to try and limit how much it spreads, is the proper thing to do.

Also, I wouldn't say calling it a 'pandemic' is a fallacy. The Google definition of the word is '(of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world'. Sure sounds apt to me! lol
The origin, of course matters. Some people are acting idiotic with help from the media with up to the micro second of every time a person sneezes in a parking lot. You can see these stories at Five Six and Eleven 24-7. People are complaining they can’t get tested and they aren’t even sick. And by the way, the World got through many historic events without google and it’s all knowing advice. Use common sense people. Enough said.

Reaction score
By the way there is a photo op static speeder bike outside Savi's. It's not an imperial speeder bike though. More like an EU bike.

Reaction score
I believe there were times when the ride had to be shut down, and I thought I heard that it had been shortened in Disneyland, either to sidestep sections that had been on the fritz or to have the chance to ensure more guests get on it despite the frequent shutdowns.

In terms of this being an over-reaction...I don't think so. The number of cases doesn't seem like much now, but every other country that has had it has shown exponential growth once it got a foothold in the population, which it surely has here. (And that's not taking into account the artificial dampening of the numbers due to the severely limited number of tests available.) We shouldn't all be hoarding all the toilet paper in the world, but hunkering down for a few weeks to try to slow the spread of the disease (and, by extension, to ease the pressure that will be on hospitals to deal with the percentage of severe cases) is definitely the right call.

Besides, this gives all of us the chance to fire up Disney+ and watch some Star Wars while we re-arrange our action figure displays...
I was at the Orlando park new years week with my son.. And the ride pretty much broke down every day causing delays.. I was on the first boarding group (3rd in line) and we had to wait about 45 minutes longer.
They allowed us to take selfies in the hanger and in the hallways with imperial troopers and officers while we waited..worth the wait as its an awesome ride!

Reaction score
The origin, of course matters. Some people are acting idiotic with help from the media with up to the micro second of every time a person sneezes in a parking lot. You can see these stories at Five Six and Eleven 24-7. People are complaining they can’t get tested and they aren’t even sick. And by the way, the World got through many historic events without google and it’s all knowing advice. Use common sense people. Enough said.
Are you saying you don't believe that the virus is here in the states? If that's not what you're saying, then again, where the virus originated from (China) doesn't matter anymore, because now it's here. But, if that is what you were saying, then, umm.....😐???

Look, I don't think anybody would disagree that some people have been whipped into a frothing panic by what they see on the news and social media. However, people behaving irrationally doesn't change the fact that the virus is here and very, very real. Disney, and all the other companies and organizations who have halted operations temporarily, are doing the right thing.

Reaction score
Have (had) a plan to go with friends to WDW in April. Was totally psyched, did all my research and painstaking planning....and now here we are.

Even if the parks are technically open, I think I'm going to pass. We can always reschedule.

I'm definitely disappointed, but am feeling pretty Zen about the whole thing now.

Reaction score
Well, since this panic got to the rest of the family they cancelled. So I went ahead and cancelled as well, no fun going by yourself. Not knowing for sure whether the park would even be open was my biggest concern.

Reaction score
Plot twist, during the pandemic shutdown, Disney retools the Galaxy's Edge parks into Mandalorian-centric parks.

Just a fun thought I had today. I doubt it would happen, but you never know what they'll do in the future.

pod

Reaction score
Plot twist, during the pandemic shutdown, Disney retools the Galaxy's Edge parks into Mandalorian-centric parks.

Just a fun thought I had today. I doubt it would happen, but you never know what they'll do in the future.
It would be cool if they actually filmed an episode or two "on location" there in Batuu.

Reaction score
I was supposed to tour Galaxy's Edge May 3rd before a Star Wars themed wedding on the 4th. The trip and wedding were cancelled due to corona... Bummed we missed our trip but we are trying again for the fall for a longer stay with my parents. We are worried about what the parks will be like on the other side of this (reduced admissions, social distancing, masks, etc.) and/or a second wave of the virus.

On a side-note I am reading an older Smithsonian magazine from 2017 discussing the 1918 pandemic, predicting where the next may strike, and how we need a universal vaccine for influenza. It is pretty worrying and powerful to read these articles written 3 years ago and seeing this all unfold now.

Reaction score
I was bummed to about my canceled trip as well, hadn't been there in over thirty years! Was really looking forward to it, and hope that Covid did not permanently change the landscape.

Wouldn't be the first article I've read about an impending pandemic, they go back as far as the 40's. And while it most always not in the common persons daily thoughts, you have to think that top people in those respective fields have to be working on it daily over decades. And yet...
It still happens, mother natures is a B when she wants to be.

It's still troubling that they cannot seem to wipe certain diseases/viruses off the face of the Earth as time reveals new took to combat such ailments, yet they can sure the heck think up new threats to Humanity. Which likely come about in the pursuit of eliminating said viruses.

Reaction score
So was reading a article about a drone operator who got caught filming the empty parks. So of course I check out you tube. There are a ton of videos that show a lot of fun behind the scenes stuff about the different parks.