Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Reaction score
Picked it up today, my son has been playing it all day and I have been watching on and off but haven't gotten my hands on it yet. I think it looks pretty bad ass though! It made me regret not picking up the TBS Cal Kestis figure on FF. I might have to track one down now LOL.

Reaction score
Edit: I can't get the spoiler tag to work in this new forum from my mobile. Annoying.

Reaction score
I like everything about this game besides all the gameplay. Does that sound strange? I’m just happy I Redbox’d it and didn’t buy it outright.

Reaction score
I like everything about this game besides all the gameplay. Does that sound strange? I’m just happy I Redbox’d it and didn’t buy it outright.
I kinda get what you are saying. The puzzles, environment, transversing, exploring, story all are serious fun. The combat is not. At all.

Reaction score
I didn’t want to do it but I turned down the difficulty to story mode and it helped tremendously.

I just finished the game and really enjoyed it overall which is pretty impressive considering this game was comprised of mechanics I just really hate.

Reaction score
I didn’t want to do it but I turned down the difficulty to story mode and it helped tremendously.

I just finished the game and really enjoyed it overall which is pretty impressive considering this game was comprised of mechanics I just really hate.
I didn't even mess around. I STARTED on story mode.

Reaction score
picked it up yesterday, played a few minutes, and set it on ice for now.
I am in desperate need of a graphic card upgrade. :p
BTW, might look for the BS figure just because of the little droid

Reaction score
Picked my copy up today and have played it for a couple hours. I'm not blown away by it like some are. Nothing has been particularly interesting and I'm already tired of fighting giant frogs and weird bugs. I can't get past the first monster on Dathomir. Whenever I get him to critical health he just destroys me in seconds.

I also don't like the camera angle. Really funky at times.

Hopefully the game gets better and starts to grow on me.

Reaction score
Picked my copy up today and have played it for a couple hours. I'm not blown away by it like some are. Nothing has been particularly interesting and I'm already tired of fighting giant frogs and weird bugs. I can't get past the first monster on Dathomir. Whenever I get him to critical health he just destroys me in seconds.

I also don't like the camera angle. Really funky at times.

Hopefully the game gets better and starts to grow on me.
Don't do Dathomir yet. Until you get a few Force upgrades later on there isn't much to do there yet. Get through it until you obtain the double bladed lightsaber and head off Zephos or whatever the other new planet is called

Reaction score
I mentioned no names, and there were a lot of betrayals in TCW. So not really sure what i spoiled.

Agree about the fighting style, it gets a bit unrealistic for a Jedi when surrounded by melee fighters and shooters in the distance. It's too easy to go down, when one should have certain abilities to deal with the scenario. It seems they want you to depend on multiple button mashing to win. And teh dexterity in my hands fingers isn't what it used to be. lol

The story/lore is interesting even though the take is more inline with new Star Wars. At times the game feels linear though, as if three's no option to explore unless it fits within their walls. So far it's been pretty fun, but it also feels like something is missing that I can't quite put my finger on.
perhaps the hands-on interaction to customization. Though it is still early in the game yet, just arrived at second destination.

Reaction score
I mentioned no names, and there were a lot of betrayals in TCW. So not really sure what i spoiled.

Agree about the fighting style, it gets a bit unrealistic for a Jedi when surrounded by melee fighters and shooters in the distance. It's too easy to go down, when one should have certain abilities to deal with the scenario. It seems they want you to depend on multiple button mashing to win. And teh dexterity in my hands fingers isn't what it used to be. lol

The story/lore is interesting even though the take is more inline with new Star Wars. At times the game feels linear though, as if three's no option to explore unless it fits within their walls. So far it's been pretty fun, but it also feels like something is missing that I can't quite put my finger on.
perhaps the hands-on interaction to customization. Though it is still early in the game yet, just arrived at second destination.
Turns out you were wrong anyway

Reaction score
So last night I just got the mission to go to Kashyyyk, so I decided to try and finish up secrets and cases to complete Zeffo so i wouldn't have to return.
On one of the run through i slipped on some ice and fell into a bottomless pit. Decided i had had enough of that for the night and turned it off. Today I try to play and I get an error message about unfinished install/update... It will not let me play the game, so I uninstalled and reinstalled hoping this will work and am currently waiting for that to finish. However, i notice there is no saved game data. I hope to the Maker that I do not have to start over...

Reaction score
^ Ugh, I have a knot in my stomach thinking about the possibility of you losing all of your progress. Are you playing on Playstation? Your progress should be automatically saved to your PSN so even if you uninstall and reinstall a game it will be there.

I'm still on the fence about this game. I have immensely enjoyed some of it like infiltrating an AT-AT and storming an Imperial base with it. That was cool. Force pushing Stormtroopers over cliffs never gets old. What does get old is the length of some missions. I can appreciate large maps, but it's almost to large most of the time. For example I just finished Kashyyyk and it just got so repetitive. It seemed all I was doing was climbing up trees, fighting big insects, running along walls, repeat, repeat, and repeat. I was so happy when I got to the battle with the Ninth Sister not because it was a boss to fight, but because it was something different than I had been dealing with.

Zeffo felt the same way. You can only push around big spheres and go down ice slides so many times before it gets boring. I also don't like how much backtracking you have to do to get back to the Mantis each time. Other than the occasional shortcut you're covering the same ground as before and if you're on Zeffo the holomap is so hard to look you have trouble figuring out your route.

Reaction score
Playing on XBone. My data was saved though so that was a relief. Yeah, I get what you're saying about repetitiveness. Truthfully every game has a certain amount of it, but it depends on how the game is designed on whether it feels that way or not. This game could have used a little more hands on/unique customization, and interaction. I've always want a Star Wars game with Assassin Creed style game play and open world feel. etc.

I have to laugh at myself because I somehow got lost in the tombs on Zeffo, took a wrong turn and wound up going all the way back trying to figure out where the exit went. lol The 3D map isn't the best at finding where to go between levels all the time.

I stopped last night on Kashyyyk right after the first Purge Trooper because I got locked in that room with Wookiee prisoners and cant get out. So I quit and reloaded to tried it again and the same thing happened. IDK what is happening here, perhaps I caused glitch the first time through when the Droid killed me after going in with only half life.

Reaction score
^ Ugh, I have a knot in my stomach thinking about the possibility of you losing all of your progress. Are you playing on Playstation? Your progress should be automatically saved to your PSN so even if you uninstall and reinstall a game it will be there.

I'm still on the fence about this game. I have immensely enjoyed some of it like infiltrating an AT-AT and storming an Imperial base with it. That was cool. Force pushing Stormtroopers over cliffs never gets old. What does get old is the length of some missions. I can appreciate large maps, but it's almost to large most of the time. For example I just finished Kashyyyk and it just got so repetitive. It seemed all I was doing was climbing up trees, fighting big insects, running along walls, repeat, repeat, and repeat. I was so happy when I got to the battle with the Ninth Sister not because it was a boss to fight, but because it was something different than I had been dealing with.

Zeffo felt the same way. You can only push around big spheres and go down ice slides so many times before it gets boring. I also don't like how much backtracking you have to do to get back to the Mantis each time. Other than the occasional shortcut you're covering the same ground as before and if you're on Zeffo the holomap is so hard to look you have trouble figuring out your route.
A whole bunch of short cuts open up on Zeffos that getting back to The Mantis much more tolerable as you acquire more Force powers.

Reaction score
I finished the story last night.

No major story spoilers below

Some things I liked about the game:

- The storyline was fantastic and the way it was presented was actually quite amazing. The character models and voice acting were so realistic. The way the characters interacted with each other looked like a movie. With the exception of Cere all the characters you encounter and speak with were worthwhile but I found the last crew mate to be the most interesting. Cal's Jedi Master was a great new character and I'm glad they used the species for him that they did.

- The way the PT was Incorporated was amazing.

- The way a certain character was introduced and handled toward the end of the game was brilliant in my opinion

- BD-1

- The puzzles were tons of fun. I thought they were smart and well designed.

- Lightsaber customization is awesome. With so many sleeves, emitter, switches etc I could spend hours finding the perfect look.

- The traversing and platforming was also a highlight especially when the Force powers you acquire opened up the new areas and possibilities. At times this was actually a bit frustrating though and I'll get to that later.

- I quite enjoyed exploring and finding new echoes that added some flavor to the story and areas. Again though this could be kinda frustrating which leads to...

Some things I didn't like about the game:

- Seriously the map design was awful. Too easy to get lost and run around in circles. I know I'm nitpicking here but a couple levels are just way too big or spread out. At times it was intimidating especially when you had to head back to them for story purposes. I loved exploring for echoes, secrets and crates but it took so long to actually get back to them sometimes. Part of this was the map system that was near impossible to follow

- On the topic of crates...I had my fill of Mantis paint jobs.

- The outfits and ponchos were just eh. Kind of sucks that you get the best outfit and poncho so late in the game.

- Every time I had to stop and look at Cere's bugged out eyes and listen to her sob story was just annoying. Not an endearing character in my opinion and was the only one that flat for me.

- Enemies got a bit repetitive

- There is certainly no replayability for me. There is no way I'm going and 100% these massive levels just for achievements. The crates are all cosmetic and I've already acquired the best looking outfit, poncho and BD paint. Plus what's the point of more cosmetics when I'm not playing anymore...which kind of leads to the absolute reason I'm done with the game

- The ****ing combat absolutely sucks. Running into enemies and having to parry and roll to hopefully get some hits in was beyond annoying. If the story wasn't as great as it was I would have been done with the game by the 2nd planet. Feeling unequipped to deal with a couple of spiders while getting the **** shot out of me by distant Stormtroopers was so frustrating. Things got a bit more tolerable once I got the Force pull and twin lightsabers. I get that part of the story was that you are a Padawan dealing with getting your mojo back so being unsure and clumsy with the Force and lightsaber but it's also a video game. There was literally one time - ONCE - that I felt like a true bad ass Jedi. Maybe I'm just not a fan of this popular punishing "Dark Souls" type combat but seriously keep it. It's just not a fun system. I'll also admit I'm a bit older and not really a "gamer"...but if there wasn't a story mode level of difficulty I wouldn't be able to progress in this game lol. I'd deal with the massive labyrinths and ****** map to go back and finish off the levels or even fire up a new game if the combat wasn't so bad.

All in all though...it was by and large pretty amazing. Finally a good Star Wars game. The story alone was literally movie worthy. I'd love a sequel although I'm not so sure how it would fit into the overarching Star Wars narrative.

I guess...9/10?

Apologies for grammar and spelling. I'm on my mobile and 2am

Reaction score
Enjoyed the story of this game and finished the platinum this last weekend. I hope there is a sequel with Cal & the new crew member where you get to play them on missions also.

I totally agree that the map was very frustrating, there were many times where it wasn't clear how to get to certain sections when I was going for 100%. They really needed fast travel or a system to mark a spot and have a force trail lead you on the correct path.

Reaction score
I also finished the game today. Took me one week exactly. I thought it would have lasted longer but nonetheless here are my thoughts:

Pros:

Great story! It was like Star Wars meets Indiana Jones.

Nice music.

BD-1 is a very likeable droid. I'd say he is one of my favorites in the canon story.

A lot of cool and interesting characters, except for one. Will touch on that in the spoilers.

The different combos for Lightsaber attacks were fun. My personal favorite was when he would slash with the double bladed Lightsaber and then throw it in a circle.

Force pushing baddies over cliffs always put a smile on my face.

The opening mission on Kashyyyk was my favorite part of the game. Climbing the Walker, sneaking through it, and gaining control to attack the Imperial base was a blast! I just wish it had lasted longer but the events that followed directly after were still fun.

Cons:

The holomap was terrible. I had a lot of trouble understanding it at times.

It's a hard game. If you're an average gamer like myself you're going to have a lot of moments of pushing the wrong button, or being off on your timing which is so important in this game. I played it on the easiest difficulty setting and still had a hard time with a lot of things.

Maps were almost to big. I like an immersive open world with lots to see, but I got my fill of each map with all the backtracking, going around in circles, walking all the way back to the Mantis, etc. Most of it was due to the useless holomap. As for backtracking and getting back to the Mantis some sort of fast travel is needed I think. Aimlessly walking around is never much fun.

The echoes and crates weren't compelling enough to hunt down. The cosmetics weren't interesting, and the echoes were kinda neat but not enough to spend time finding each one. I would've been more motivated to hunt these things down if you could get free skill points or something.

Would've liked to have spent more time fighting Imperials and infiltrating their bases, and less time fighting bugs and wandering around environments that start to look the same. Kashyyyk and Zeffo are specifically what I'm talking about. Everything just started to look the same after a while. As a whole this game suffers from repetitiveness.

Now here are my thoughts with specific characters names so I'll put them in spoilers in case someone hasn't finished the game yet.

Spoiler:  
Okay so I thought most of the characters were great. Cal, Greez, BD-1 as mentioned. I really liked the Second Sister Inquisitor, Trilla, especially after we see her without her mask and learn her backstory. She was a badass villain and as you learn more about who she was/is she becomes more interesting.

I really enjoyed the inclusion of the Nightsister, Merrin and how she started down her own path, away from the typical life of her people. Back in the Clone Wars show I found the Nightsisters pretty interesting. In fact the episode where Grievous attacks and wipes them out was one of my favorites. So I had goosebumps when Merrin mentions a warrior brandishing a Lightsaber that wiped out her people. Unless I'm mistaken, she was talking about Grievous. One thing I would've liked to have seen Merrin in action later in the game, possibly against some Stormtroopers or something to see her how lethal her magik is. I think she could have been a strong asset to have inside the Inquisitor's facility.

The new Stormtrooper design, the Purge Stormtrooper, was cool. I like the idea of a legion of troops trained to kill Jedi. I already have a couple of the Black Series figures on the way. I gotta figure out a custom electrostaff.

HothHan hit the nail right on the head- the way Vader was handled was fantastic.

Having Saw and his gang apart of this was a great idea. I wish we got to see more of him.

The only character I truly did not like was Cere. Those buggy eyes were just to much. Can't believe she got into the final product without someone along the production process pointing that out.

Overall my personal rating would be a solid 7/10. If it wasn't for the repetitiveness and Cere's buggy eyes, easily 9/10.

Reaction score
I think after beating the game we should be able to fast travel between meditation spots.

Reaction score
Great story! It was like Star Wars meets Indiana Jones.
I've always thought that this combo would be an interesting story. I mean there's only so many times you can tell the hero rises from nothing scenario. I realize Movies hinge on major action and Universe at stake outcomes. But sometimes less is more. And that's what I loved most about the Cap trilogy, a more personalized story.

That said I agree with most everything you posted about the game. I feel that they made the map so big and spread out in an attempt to make the game seem huge and immersive, when in fact it's not. There is indeed way to much repetitiveness, and the combat difficulty to some might seem challenging in a skillful way. It comes off as clunky and unresponsive in the heat of battle. Requiring a person to press far too many buttons to achieve a move/strike, and timing it just right to turn a parry into a strike. Also the force moves were to taxing on your reserves, when unable to perform enough combat strikes to refill it. I mean who rolls around the ground to dodge attacks? lol
Especially when you have to fight multiple targets and then having an AT-ST drop in...

Fast travel feature would have helped immensely! Because lets face it, once through there's not much reason to go back through. Unless trying to build XP from respawn enemies. The content was boring to the point there was no real excitement whenever I came across cases. And the same responses from Cal to BD-1 got boring quick. You've seen him open 30 cases already, yet you've got that shocked reaction?

I honestly don't know how they can continue to make SW games less and less interesting. It's like they want to get further and further away from what made KotOR a success. As much as the Assassin Creed and Fallout games are all pretty much the same, there always seems to something interesting in the next one.

All in all it was fun for what it was, but I'm glad I didn't pay $60 for it.

Reaction score
The AT-ST fights were annoying too. There was no graceful way to fight them.

Reaction score
I feel that they made the map so big and spread out in an attempt to make the game seem huge and immersive, when in fact it's not.
Agreed Masterfett, but this. 100% this. To me it's false advertising when you say a game is huge, but most of the time is spent aimlessly wandering around. When I think of huge and immersive, I think of something like Skyrim. I'd love something similar to Skyrim set in the Star Wars universe.

The AT-ST fights were annoying too. There was no graceful way to fight them.
I would just get in tight and wildly hack and slash at the legs.

Reaction score
Agreed Masterfett, but this. 100% this. To me it's false advertising when you say a game is huge, but most of the time is spent aimlessly wandering around. When I think of huge and immersive, I think of something like Skyrim. I'd love something similar to Skyrim set in the Star Wars universe.

I would just get in tight and wildly hack and slash at the legs.
I would do the same with the AT-ST but wasn't the whole point of this combat system to learn the tells of the enemy and counter strike? There was none of that with the AT-ST (at least that I picked up on). It was just run around and survive long enough to swat away at the legs. Kinda boring b

Reaction score
True. Especially when they could have made it more interesting, by it being at half life allowing you to scale up an enter the darn thing! I feel there were too many vehicles you couldn't enter because it wasn't in the story. But it would have expanded game play allowing to you enter the vehicles.

Yeah, I've always thought that Skyrim or fallout style would be great for a Star Wars game.

One thing I discovered on Bogano was teh double bladed Saber, but had read reports that you don't get access to that until Dathomir. So i was a bit surprised when i got it. Speaking of that I really should go there soon!

Reaction score
Ugh. I went ahead and 100% Zeffo, Ilum and Bogano. At this point I might as well finish off the other 2 planets. I figure neither can be as bad as Zeffo.

Reaction score
I actually deleted Fallen Order from my PS4 last night to make space for Battlefront II and Jurassic World: Evolution updates coming this month. I just don't feel compelled to replay Fallen Order. :(

Reaction score
Well, after finaly replacing my 6 year old GeForce 680, with ( not the latest, but good enough to me ) GeForce 2060, I was able to enjoy the ride in all its glory and I really loved it. Played through the story in about a week, with an "found secrets-score" of about 85-90 % on each planet. Awesome story IMO with perfect presentation. Adore BT-1, would love to get a 1:2 scale modelkit to go with BANDAI´s BB and DeAgos R2 :)
The Ninth Sister does make a welcome enemy too.

SPOILERs below
Although free choice of where to go next, I strictly followed the set path, so I got stuck no where.
Loved the sequence piloting the AT-AT
The "vision" levels felt great located and although short I liked them too.
Climbing up the "origin tree" on Kashyyyk, had a little bit of Avatar´s Pandora :) ... and taking the ride on the giant bird helped that too :) :) :)
The fight with the "flying Rancor" on Dathomir, was some kind of epic
The "mirror sequence" in the temple, was BETTER executed as the mirror sequence in TLJ :)
Encountering Vader at the end, took me by surprise.

Will go back to find the remaining secrets now.
The giant lizard on the world with the Jedi-temple, is this one reachable somehow ? Anyone figured that out ?

Really hope there comes either a sequel or a little update with another planet(s) to explore.

Reaction score
Well, after finaly replacing my 6 year old GeForce 680, with ( not the latest, but good enough to me ) GeForce 2060, I was able to enjoy the ride in all its glory and I really loved it. Played through the story in about a week, with an "found secrets-score" of about 85-90 % on each planet. Awesome story IMO with perfect presentation. Adore BT-1, would love to get a 1:2 scale modelkit to go with BANDAI´s BB and DeAgos R2 :)
The Ninth Sister does make a welcome enemy too.

SPOILERs below
Although free choice of where to go next, I strictly followed the set path, so I got stuck no where.
Loved the sequence piloting the AT-AT
The "vision" levels felt great located and although short I liked them too.
Climbing up the "origin tree" on Kashyyyk, had a little bit of Avatar´s Pandora :) ... and taking the ride on the giant bird helped that too :) :) :)
The fight with the "flying Rancor" on Dathomir, was some kind of epic
The "mirror sequence" in the temple, was BETTER executed as the mirror sequence in TLJ :)
Encountering Vader at the end, took me by surprise.

Will go back to find the remaining secrets now.
The giant lizard on the world with the Jedi-temple, is this one reachable somehow ? Anyone figured that out ?

Really hope there comes either a sequel or a little update with another planet(s) to explore.
The dragon is not reachable but you can get a real close up of his face down in the cave below him