Star Wars is DEAD? says George Lucas

Reaction score
It's funny you posted this. I just got done reading about this on msnbc.com. Can't say I blame him. You can only take so much verbal abuse through the years from ungrateful PT haters! He's earned retirement and should just enjoy the rest of his life away from the insanity.

Reaction score
Just heard my local Fox affiliate tease this "is Star Wars dead??" for the 10 pm news, so I came to RS for some clarification and I wasn't disappointed ;)

If they are meaning the TMZ crud, GL didn't say anything except 7,8,9 will never happen (no new news there) and that he's retired.

Non story. Move along ;)

Reaction score
SW might be dead for the rest of his life but once he passes da suits will ressurect it and for that were thankful. More Star Wars please. It's my drug. B)

Reaction score
SW might be dead for the rest of his life but once he passes da suits will ressurect it and for that were thankful. More Star Wars please. It's my drug. B)
What suits? He owns Star Wars. I think you might be clinging to a false hope CadBane. As much as I would love to see more of George's vision for SW, once he passes, SW dies with him. I believe it's been said that his will states no more films are to be made by anyone else when he goes.

Reaction score
There is far too much money to be made. Fox and everyone else involved will be dying to make another trilogy. It's inevitable.

Reaction score
What suits? He owns Star Wars. I think you might be clinging to a false hope CadBane. As much as I would love to see more of George's vision for SW, once he passes, SW dies with him. I believe it's been said that his will states no more films are to be made by anyone else when he goes.
Man, what a party pooper.

There is far too much money to be made. Fox and everyone else involved will be dying to make another trilogy. It's inevitable.
Fox doesn't own Star Wars, they just distributed it. That's why Warner Bros. distributed The Clone Wars Movie and why they are the ones that release the series on Blu-ray and DVD.

Lucas owns it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Could that interviewer/photographer/whatever stutter anymore? I'd have had five or six questions rolled out before he finished his only one.

But yea, this is non-news. Star Wars is not dead. GL is "retired" or done making new SW stuff.

Reaction score
Fox cannot make any SW films as they don't own them, only George can make it happen. He owns the rights and if he states that no one else can make further movies in writing through his will, then there's nothing that can be done, as I'm sure George's lawyers have made it Ironclad. I'm just sayin', don't get your hopes up.

Reaction score
Lucasfilm falls under others. I'm no legal expert but I believe a will only serves the purpose of demanding something from parties receiving money/land/goods and this is done to ensure that they abide by it. So if he says in his will that his kids can only get money if the promise/swear to not continue sw that makes sense. Katie us getting a taste of the power/fame/wealth so who knows she might delve into a new trilogy one day. SW won't die.

Reaction score
Because CW isn't real SW... :p
Quoted for truth.

Misleading title. Lucas only said he'd 'never' make Episodes 7,8,9 and that he's retired. But.......I'm kinda happy knowing what we got is it. Reassures me nothing horrific can come of the movie end of the franchise.

Ian

Reaction score
How is this even a legit report??? A couple of jerks yelling at Lucas while he's trying to get to his car so he says in haste "i'm retired" and that's somehow concrete & final??? I thought the Princess Diana death made these a-holes scum of the earth but I guess their more popular than ever because of all the dullards that keep these scumbags in business by watching that brainless show.

Thank You... :|

Reaction score
People really need to give the guy a break. I don't understand all the hate towards him. Whether or not you like what he did or didn't do with the prequels, people should at least respect the man. Especially when these TMZ type (insert hateful insult here) people are always harassing him, how do you expect him to react to that? TMZ is a joke and so are the people who actually follow their "news reports." Plus the title of this thread is misleading. George is done with Star Wars, we already knew that. Time to move on, we got what we got from him and be thankful about it instead of acting like insensitive jerks.

Reaction score
How is this even a legit report??? A couple of jerks yelling at Lucas while he's trying to get to his car so he says in haste "i'm retired" and that's somehow concrete & final??? I thought the Princess Diana death made these a-holes scum of the earth but I guess their more popular than ever because of all the dullards that keep these scumbags in business by watching that brainless show.

^
agreed. The less I know about the personal life of celebrities the better. I am sick of that their real life crap creeping and in spoiling my love of certain movies and music of theirs. I almost can't watch a frame of a Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson movie anymore because all I can see is their true life dooshy self now. Thank you TMZ and the media for killing Brave Heart.

That said....I am ashamed to admit that I do enjoy the occasional topless beach photo.

Not ashamed enough to stop looking though.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
His earned his retirement, Star Wars is over simple as that....after all the comments etc about the PT I don't blame him for not wanting to do more, would anyone really want George to do 7,8 and 9 with the OT cast and tarnish the OT? I hope not.

I'd love the franchise to be passed on to someone else but chances of that happening are slim, fans can put up with the dodgy 3d movies for the next 5 years and then we'll call it a day.

Reaction score
All this anger and resentment towards George, granted I can understand it since fans can be rabid about what they truly enjoy, however, there will be more movies, I truly believe some day will happen. Just like Star Trek (gasp!) was Rodenberry's baby, when he died, looked at what happened. ST is alive and well. SW will return, his kids will continue the Empire somehow and no matter what his will does or does not say this franchise is too much of a money maker to completely disappear.

Reaction score
TMZ are a bunch of hacks desperate to get a story. Star Wars isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Reaction score
All this anger and resentment towards George, granted I can understand it since fans can be rabid about what they truly enjoy, however, there will be more movies, I truly believe some day will happen. Just like Star Trek (gasp!) was Rodenberry's baby, when he died, looked at what happened. ST is alive and well. SW will return, his kids will continue the Empire somehow and no matter what his will does or does not say this franchise is too much of a money maker to completely disappear.
That's a very good point. I was never a ST fan of any kind but when they did the Reboot I was converted. I think there are some great writers out there that could do SW justice. I'm a huge Thrawn trilogy fan and even SOTE would be cool with today's CG capabilities it could be done. I don't have a problem with Mr. Lucas it's just that I think I had my expectations pretty high for the PT and for me it just didn't' deliver but I've come to realize that is was me. I don't think any new SW movie could bring back the magic that many of us witnessed in our youth seeing the OT in theaters for the first time.

Reaction score
Yes, this tune has been played before and he has said things like doing a movie about Yoda yadda yadda. The cash cow that this intellectual property is can not stay buried forever. There's also the kids who at some point will want to create something for a new generation or perhaps us old fans.

Last edited:
Reaction score

^
agreed. The less I know about the personal life of celebrities the better. I am sick of that their real life crap creeping and in spoiling my love of certain movies and music of theirs. I almost can't watch a frame of a Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson movie anymore because all I can see is their true life dooshy self now. Thank you TMZ and the media for killing Brave Heart.

That said....I am ashamed to admit that I do enjoy the occasional topless beach photo.

Not ashamed enough to stop looking though.

Oh man you guys hit the nail on the head, after politicians and corrupt CEO's and financiers this is the next segment of the population that I have a scathing contempt for. Never understood the self loathing, low self esteem individuals that have to escape their dismal vapid reality to gobble of every second of this tabloid garbage so they can feel slightly better for a nanosecond to then go back to cramming pastries in their mouth. But I digress and would probably scope it out if some hot starlett that I have been following had some revealing pictures, but that's it I tell you, that's a s far in as I'll go.

Last edited: