Star Wars in Concert Tailgate Party

Reaction score
Ok so mentioned last night on the FC Live chat. What about gathering up prior to the concert at Cowboys Stadium for a little tailgate party.

Reaction score
As mentioned in the Forcecast FD3 fomum-I am going too. I'll be flying into Dallas at like 1:30 pm.

Reaction score
Well I'm definitely going to Dallas now, obviously, but we still doing the tailgate party? With the bus and all that (tho we'll probably have a party ON the bus
)

Is the bus sold out?

Reaction score
It depends on how long it takes us to get going Friday morning, but we're hoping to be into Plano by 3:00, check into the hotel, pick up our "fly-in" buddies, and head down to Arlington. If all goes well, we'll be there close to 5:00, too. I'm in lot #4.

Reaction score
Jedi_Ralat said:
deathstar1000, I live in Arlington and will also be there around 5.
Ah, but I plan on being inside by then. Unless you are 501st and trooping with us!

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
Jedi_Ralat said:
deathstar1000, I live in Arlington and will also be there around 5.
Ah, but I plan on being inside by then. Unless you are 501st and trooping with us!
Alas, I am not a member of the 501st. The show is going to be a blast!

Reaction score
Well-the time is getting near. I posted this on the FD3 thread in the listener lounge, but figured I'd better put it on here too. I sent an e-mail about the party to Cowboy Stadium and here is the response. I say we should start as close to 4:00 as possible. Here is the reponse:

Hello, and thank you for your email. Tailgating will be allowed for the Star Wars event. At this time we have a time of 4pm for the opening of the parking lots. (subject to change) Please give us a call at Guest Services 817-892-4161, if you need anymore assistance.

Thank You,
Germaine B. Watson
Guest Services

Also-can someone who's driving bring a grill (or anyone driving since we might need more then 1). Looking forward to this AMAZING kick off to an AMAZING weekend.

Reaction score
If someone can bring the grill, I can bring some meat (hot dogs?). I'm also a bit of a beer geek. Are adult beverages (a bottle or two) out of the question? Probably are, but thought I'd ask.

Another question: How are we to find each other?

Reaction score
Awesome-I have a spot in lot 4 at cowboy stadium. Here's a copy/paste of what cowboy stadium has to say about tailgating on their website.

ailgating Spaces

Tailgating is permitted in designated tailgating spaces only. These spaces are on the perimeter of each parking lot and have a grassy area immediately behind the vehicle parking spot. There are tailgating spaces in every lot. Tailgating spaces are available on a first come/first served basis. Guests parked in a designated tailgating space must restrict their use of the grass to the space behind their vehicle. You may not spread out and use the grass area behind other tailgating parking spaces.

Tailgating Guidelines

Bus and RV passes are sold by the ticket office.

All guests wishing to tailgate must observe the following guidelines. These guidelines have been developed to provide a fair, reasonable and safe tailgating experience for guests. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the loss of tailgating privileges and ejection from the parking lot.

* Tailgating spaces are for vehicles and trailers only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle or trailer must have a valid parking permit.
* Tailgating is defined as the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.).
* Tailgating is only permitted in the grass areas on the perimeter of the parking lots. The maximum area that any single tailgate space may occupy is 9 feet wide and 12 feet deep (equal to the size of the vehicle parking space).
* Tailgating must be confined to the area adjacent to the end of the designated tailgating vehicle parking space (maximum of 18 feet from the rear of the parked vehicle).
* Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces is considered common ground and may be used by other guests for tailgating or picnicking activities.
* Tailgating is not permitted in Lot 3, portions of Lot 5, Lot 8, and Lot 9.
* Tailgating is permitted from the time that lots open and up to two (2) hours following Dallas Cowboys or college football games.
* All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by stadium personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.).
* Dispose of trash in the appropriate receptacles.
* Coals must be disposed of in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
* The following items/activities are prohibited:
o Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
o Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.
o Disorderly conduct
o Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
o Saving parking or tailgating spaces
o Weapons and fireworks
o Sale of food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
o Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels

And here's a link to their parking map:

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/parkingMap.cfm

Reaction score
Cool, so even if some of us (esp. those on the bus or trooping the event) can't partake before the show, we might be able to after. Or we can go back to the hotel and meet up with the peeps who weren't able to go to the concert.

Ah. possibilities! I'm stoked! (and obviously stalking the boards until I have to leave work and go to the city lol)

Reaction score
Ok Since im also in lot 4 does anyone disgree or object to saying that the tailgate party will meet in that lot. Do we have any idea where the bus will let out and what time?

Reaction score
Chris_Luby said:
Ok Since im also in lot 4 does anyone disgree or object to saying that the tailgate party will meet in that lot. Do we have any idea where the bus will let out and what time?
No disagreement from me.

Reaction score
Over on the listener lounge post were going to all just bring something, the lot opens at 4 and we will be setting up in the lot 4 area. With something that says were the group you are looking for.

Reaction score
Chris_Luby said:
Over on the listener lounge post were going to all just bring something, the lot opens at 4 and we will be setting up in the lot 4 area. With something that says were the group you are looking for.
Had a great time. Thanks for setting it up.

Reaction score
Thanks for setting up this tailgate -- even in the cold, frigid weather of North Texas. It was neat to be able to meet up with some fellow 'scummers early.