Star Wars Hotwheels

Reaction score
I saw the new SSD at Walmart last week. I passed.
It's posts like that one that bring us poor, impoverished Canadians to tearful blubbering. ;) No ships fly north of the border, we're getting hosed, eh!
Luckily for me, a pal in California from the FB group sorted me out for one, phew! :cool:
So it's back to Defcon 5... until Maul's speederbike comes out, anyway.

Reaction score
It's posts like that one that bring us poor, impoverished Canadians to tearful blubbering. ;) No ships fly north of the border, we're getting hosed, eh!
Luckily for me, a pal in California from the FB group sorted me out for one, phew! :cool:
Hahaha ditto xD nothing has hit the UK for a long time, but scored that one from Ebay for a reasonable price. So Defcon 5 is my jam too lol

Reaction score
Hahaha ditto xD nothing has hit the UK for a long time, but scored that one from Ebay for a reasonable price. So Defcon 5 is my jam too lol
What do you class as a reasonable price for them - or ones that didn't get here in general? I enjoy collecting the Starships but so far I've only bought them for poundshops and such, most I've paid has been around £4 for some of the TLJ ones (which are the most 'recent' I have.). Lots I'm missing but I have absolutely no idea what sort of price stuff usually goes for here.

Reaction score
What do you class as a reasonable price for them - or ones that didn't get here in general? I enjoy collecting the Starships but so far I've only bought them for poundshops and such, most I've paid has been around £4 for some of the TLJ ones (which are the most 'recent' I have.). Lots I'm missing but I have absolutely no idea what sort of price stuff usually goes for here.
It varies for me, based on how hard it will likely be to find in the future, and whether I will be able to find a cheaper option.

For the SSD it came to £24 including postage, with no import costs. (Anything over £15 gets an £8 fee from Royal Mail plus VAT)

I scan Ebay, and Amazon. Amazon is generally best as you can get shipping with no import costs for quite cheap, and then bulk buy the ships you want. Like the deal on the concept ships, I got the whole set plus two extras for dirt cheap, then sold the two spare ones and think it worked out at £4/5 I had spent per concept ship.

Like wise with Ebay I question the sellers on how much the weight increase will make the shipping go up, and then accept that there will be an £8 fee, but offset it buy selling a couple of the ships that I buy double. I think 4 new ones and 2 doubles is about the best combo I could find before the shipping jumped signficantly.

Typically It has worked out at about £8 or £10 or £12 per ship for newer vehicles, by buying them early.

The SSD I paid more as I think it will be a harder to get one eventually, and scalpers are only going to drive the current selling prices up. So I'd rather get it now, than eventually cave and pay £60 one day in the future.

I hope that helps :)

Reaction score
SSD prices are gradually dropping on eBay. Saw one go the other day for $13 shipped. Not sure when I should bite! I’m hoping I’ll run across it at Target one of these days.

Reaction score
side by side photos of the Galoob Super Star Destroyer vs. the Mattel Super Star Destroyer. I prefer the details on the Galoob version but the Hot Wheels is superior for Size and details in the engines (has correct amount of engines as compared to the Galoob version). I alos like the addition of the Imperial Class Destroyer with the Galoob/Hasbro versions to show the scale:
Thank you for the great comparison pics, DarkArtist. I have that older Galoob/Titanium one so I figured I'd pass on the HW version, but I do love the increased detail on the engines and command tower of this one. Color is off, but that's fixable.

Though I didn't like TRoS, I'm glad we're getting the TIE Dagger. Very cool design!

Reaction score
Hey man, all you have to do is ask and I'll get something, if I can find it! I've gotten quite a bit of help with these HW's over the last couple years, so I'm happy to return the favor.

Reaction score
Is there a way to open the Starships (or Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment) stuff without damaging the backing and without removing the plastic entirely? I don't want to damage the art, but i want the thing out, and don't want to entirely remove the plastic packaging either.

Reaction score
Hey man, all you have to do is ask and I'll get something, if I can find it! I've gotten quite a bit of help with these HW's over the last couple years, so I'm happy to return the favor.
Oh jeez, sorry to infer otherwise, NH, I didn't even ask anyone to grab one for me, I was just kidding around, really. :)
So many folks here have helped me out over the years too, and it's been totally appreciated. Like you, I've always tried to return the favour wherever possible, it always brings good collector karma when you help your pals out. :)

Reaction score
Is there a way to open the Starships (or Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment) stuff without damaging the backing and without removing the plastic entirely? I don't want to damage the art, but i want the thing out, and don't want to entirely remove the plastic packaging either.
i make a slice with a sharp box cutter around one of the sides of the bubble, just enough that I can pop out the inner tray. I can slide the tray back in if I want to see the ship on the card again, and for the most part it looks like it was never opened (at least on the shelf!). I actually prefer to see them together out of the packaging, so I’m essentially just hoarding a bunch of empty containers. Ha.

Reaction score
stopped by my local 5 Below and scored Home One and Star Destroyer set for $5.00. can't go wrong with more capital ships. They also had the 2 pack of the Ghost with TIE Fighter (the one with the awesome old school Kenner toys vibe).

Reaction score
Cool news! Didn't even know Maul's speeder and the TIE Dagger were a thing. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Reaction score
But the Dagger is not in this case with Maul? A later wave?
We haven't seen the wave assortment the Dagger's in yet, sorry to say. Haven't heard that the Maul wave has hit shops yet, for that matter, but it should be very soon, assuming everyone's favourite virus doesn't screw it up. Hope everybody's doing ok and hangin' in there.

Reaction score
Went to Target this morning looking for the new wave of Mario 4 inch figures and instead found the SSD. I picked it up as I missed out on the Titanium version.

Reaction score
Official hi rez pics of Maul on his space-hog. :)

View media item 397107
View media item 397108
I'm trying to remember if there was a Titanium version of Darth Maul on his speeder. Tried looking in the visual guide, but looks like it's down with all the pictures gone. I'd check my collection myself (which I'm sure I may have) but everything is stored at he moment. Anybody remember?

Reaction score
For the first time it looks like Hot Wheels have surpassed Titaniums! That Maul and speeder looks much better than the Titanium version. Can't think of any other Hot Wheels which is nicer/more accurate than its Titanium counterpart