Star Wars Hotwheels

Reaction score
Anyone in the UK seen anything show up in shops recently? Last time I saw any was when some of the TLJ packaged stuff was in TK Max, but that was back around November and I haven't seen any since.

Reaction score
Thought so. Poundland has had some of the very old stuff in, got a few Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighters a few weeks back which is something I hadn't even seen here before, but other than that there's been nothing.

Reaction score
spotted the remnants of the SSD wave today at my local Walmart in Old Bridge NJ. no SSD but the rest of the wave was there. all the SSD's were picked clean. 😢

Reaction score
I can confirm as well, the SSD wave has hit - picked up a SSD and left the rest. There only appeared to be a single case, with one destroyer.

Reaction score
I can confirm as well, the SSD wave has hit - picked up a SSD and left the rest. There only appeared to be a single case, with one destroyer.
typical Mattel.. I think the SSD is going to be the new Grievous Wheelbike fiasco. For the life of me I don't understand why Mattel did release the Wheelbike wave along with the SSD.

Reaction score
Yeah, they seem clueless when it comes to repacking ships that are HTF. I'm frankly surprised I found a SSD, considering I didn't spot the full Wheelbike wave. I think I noticed some remnants once, and then never again. They have a bad habit of that. They're focused on repacks and repaints to the point where I question how viable the line is. What they could use is a catch-up wave of HTF ships from over the years! Maybe some new sculpts will be on display at TF, but I honestly doubt it...

Reaction score
Thankfully I don't need an SSD, as as have one in Titanium. I'm curious if they will release any more new ships this year. It's a such a weird line to figure out.
I too have the Titanium version that came out as well as the Galoob version but the Mattel version has eluded me. I'd just like to see a comparison of the two SSD's side by side.

Reaction score
A while back at a car boot sale I came across a small A-wing from the 2000s, it had a copyright on it and seemed to be official. It was about the size of a hot-wheels car so smaller than the Hot Wheels Starships, had metal and plastic and a transparent cockpit, but I couldn't see a brand on it. Anyone have any idea what that could have been?

Reaction score
A while back at a car boot sale I came across a small A-wing from the 2000s, it had a copyright on it and seemed to be official. It was about the size of a hot-wheels car so smaller than the Hot Wheels Starships, had metal and plastic and a transparent cockpit, but I couldn't see a brand on it. Anyone have any idea what that could have been?
Wasn't a micro-machines, was it? I'm not a big collector of that line, but those I have are all plastic, so probably not...

Reaction score
Thankfully I don't need an SSD, as as have one in Titanium. I'm curious if they will release any more new ships this year. It's a such a weird line to figure out.
You have a version in one line, so therefore you don't need it in another line?
I applaud your restraint!

I also fear this SSD is going to become the next Wheel Bike.

Reaction score
I'm thinkin' it's gotta be the Galoob that later became the Titanium, if it's from that time.

Reaction score
Wasn't a micro-machines, was it? I'm not a big collector of that line, but those I have are all plastic, so probably not...
I'm thinkin' it's gotta be the Galoob that later became the Titanium, if it's from that time.
Thanks, seems you're both right! It looked just like this and I remember it having foldable landing gear. Was in terrible condition and no sort of stand so i didn't get it.

I knew there was the Titanium brand ships from a few years ago but didn't know there that too back then. Suppose that's another range of tiny star wars ships I'm gonna have to see if I can get at some point!

Reaction score
You have a version in one line, so therefore you don't need it in another line?
I applaud your restraint!

I also fear this SSD is going to become the next Wheel Bike.
Yes. I was collecting Titanium since 2005, and when they stopped making them in 2017, I told myself I would continue with Hot Wheels, but only the vehicles not made in Titanium. They mix pretty well in a lineup, though I'd say Titanium was the better toy. They at least had some action features.

Reaction score
Most of my Walmarts don't have peg space for the Star Wars ships, so I'm concerned I will never find one in the wild, unless Target gets the assortment. So far I only have seen Walmart reports.

Reaction score
Cool! New forthcoming case listing for March 2020 from Entertainment Earth: :)

Starships Mix 5 Case (999E) includes 6 individually packaged vehicles and includes:

1x Millennium Falcon (UPC: 887961 70941 4)
1x Tie Fighter (Blue) (UPC: 887961 79176 1)
1x B-Wing (UPC: 887961 80838 4)
1x Vader's Destroyer (UPC: 887961 85486 2)
1x Maul's Speeder (UPC: 887961 85488 6)

1x Sith Infiltrator (UPC: 887961 86881 4)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Listing has been updated with pictures. It appears Vader's Destroyer is actually the Super Star Destroyer, at least that one is being repacked immediately.

Reaction score
Cool to see something new for ROS, glad HW is still producing more from the movie, considering Hasbro seems to have forgotten the movie exists!

Reaction score
spotted the remnants of the SSD wave today at my local Walmart in Old Bridge NJ. no SSD but the rest of the wave was there. all the SSD's were picked clean. 😢
Hey picked up a Super Star Destroyer at the Wal-Mart in North Brunswick(only one case) on Friday. So they are in the area. Didn’t see any evidence of this wave at the Wal-Mart in East Brunswick. But the pegs are kinda full so maybe they’re holding it back.

Good Hunting.

Reaction score
Excited for the Tie Dagger, it's such a cool design and the red accents really flare! Hopefully we'll see a matching Final Order Star Destroyer follow soon

Reaction score
The Y-Wing was also slightly redesigned for ROS, so don't skip it thinking its a repaint - very cool upgrade! :)

It would be cool (if they're just doing retools) if they took the ISD and made mods to the hangar and converted it into the Final Order weapon and then repainted it. After the SSD hitting retail, I really want more capitals.

Reaction score
^^^ argh! You are also correct! :oops: Similar to the treadspeeder, there's been no new Hot Wheels vehicles seen at retail here in NZ, since The Last Jedi red-fonted wave...so not even the opportunity to find the new Y-Wing to then skip!

Great idea on the ISD conversion! I'd love more capital starships also - and sooooo many to choose from that haven't yet been produced, featured in TFAs, TLJ, TROS, RO, SOLO, Resistances, CWs, Rebels, etc...

Reaction score
scored a Super Star Destroyer this morning at my local Walmart. Was shocked to see it sitting on the pegs. still hunting for more to hook fellow scummers up but this SSD's are going to be HTF. at 1 per case and doubles for the rest of the wave this wave is going to clog the pegs and the SSD will become the next "grail" items next to the Grievous Wheelbike and Jawa Sandcrawler.

Reaction score
scored a Super Star Destroyer this morning at my local Walmart. Was shocked to see it sitting on the pegs. still hunting for more to hook fellow scummers up but this SSD's are going to be HTF. at 1 per case and doubles for the rest of the wave this wave is going to clog the pegs and the SSD will become the next "grail" items next to the Grievous Wheelbike and Jawa Sandcrawler.
Were the Wheelbike and Sandcrawler released in a wave, or just randomly (and limited) on their own?

Reaction score
Found & grabbed the SSD at a Walmart here in Austin. I also grabbed Boba’s Slave 1 even though I have a few of the previous releases. The one in this wave appears to be painted a lot sharper than previously, or it could just be my imagination in which case I will use it to do a weathered custom. I just wish they repacked Jango’s since it is one of the few I have yet to aquire.

Reaction score
This is not going to be the next "grail" like the Wheelbike or ARC. Even though it's one per case, I've seen a ton of reports of people scoring it on the Facebook page - from Walmarts, to Krogers, to O'Reilly Auto Parts stores. Plus, it will be in the next case assortment with Maul Speeder Bike.

Reaction score
side by side photos of the Galoob Super Star Destroyer vs. the Mattel Super Star Destroyer. I prefer the details on the Galoob version but the Hot Wheels is superior for Size and details in the engines (has correct amount of engines as compared to the Galoob version). I alos like the addition of the Imperial Class Destroyer with the Galoob/Hasbro versions to show the scale:

Reaction score
Including the Star Destroyer along side the Super Star Destroyer is a nice addition. It really brings the SSD into perspective.