Star Wars Hot Wheels Elite: let's give them a thread of their own!

Reaction score
So... is this line dead? None of the anouncements of further X-Wings came through, and I do not see any news on this line. It is a real pity - speaking of vehicles, this was the most promising new line in years. :(
Not dead, SEL, just limping along at a very relaxed rate. Did you see these images on FB recently ? They're starting to become avaiable on Ebay

Reaction score
Not dead, SEL, just limping along at a very relaxed rate. Did you see these images on FB recently ? They're starting to become avaiable on Ebay

Thanks for the update, boris! Are those recent pictures? Now that we have box-shots, I think they may eventually be released, yes!

Where did you get the pics from? Hot Wheels directly, or some FB-group?

Anyway, this is quite good news, although I really hope for new ships insted of just repaints/variations.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but here I go anyway.

I think I'm at the point where I am tired of the constant repeats when it comes to these types of releases. I know that companies have to go with what is popular, but I just don't see a need for X-Wing/TIE fighter #1000.

Maybe something not released at this size, or not something released in the "modern" era (last 25 years).

Reaction score
No, I'm with you SP. It's just all the same old subjects again and again. I'd actually consider a purchase if there was a single new ship in there, like say, some capital ships perhaps?

Reaction score
Is that Tie Fighter even any different than the OT one they did already? Is it just 1 new casting that they did?

To me a Y-wing and a Tie Interceptor would have been the next logical choice. Then maybe start going into the A-wings, B-wings, Tie Bomber etc. Even a snow speeder would be cool.

Heck, I'd prefer prequel starfighters over any ST stuff. Or maybe one of those nice shiny chrome Naboo ships would be really awesome.

Reaction score
Even though I am fan of these and started this thread, those mere repaints are not a good restart for the line. It has tons of potential, but from what I see, those are really just repaints, released at the already steep price.

It feels as Hot Wheels is doing the Hasbro-thing, not understanding what the fans expect, and then wondering why those are turning into shelfwarmers, with probably discounts in just 4 weeks out. This is when I may add them to my collection then.

Reaction score
I agree with all the above comments, lack of range will kill the line. As EM has learnt, the more ships you make, the more people will buy

Reaction score
EM = Eaglemoss - Star Trek Starships Collecton.
This is the yardstick / flagship line by which other lines should be measured against IMO.

Despite being a YUGE fan of TIE-Fighters, I also feel too many companies producing Star Wars diecast vehicles are playing it safe and squandering the license - as well as producing the same vehicles over and over again, ad nausium.

Someone needs to produce:

- more SW capital ships - period.

- starships from the Disney era movies that are new and unique, beyond copious FO TIEs, yet another Milennium Falcon, Resistance x-Wings (the list is exhaustive). So many TFAs, TLJ, Rogue One and Solo vehicles begging to be made!

- more unproduced starships from existing mediums (Clone Wars, Rebels, The Resistance, etc).

my two cents... a

Reaction score
That’s disappointing to hear! Micromachines, Black Series Titaniums, Disneystore diecast vehicles, and now Hot Wheels Elite vehicles.

The list of faltering diecast SW vehicle lines is growing larger by the month/year...

ps: apologies for my bad spelling / a... on the end of my last sentence (bad phone day!)

Reaction score
That’s disappointing to hear! Micromachines, Black Series Titaniums, Disneystore diecast vehicles, and now Hot Wheels Elite vehicles.

The list of faltering diecast SW vehicle lines is growing larger by the month/year...

ps: apologies for my bad spelling / a... on the end of my last sentence (bad phone day!)
I agree - that would be a pity. Still I am confident that if done right, a line like that may pick up. Disney did a lot right, but the availability was too limited. Hot Wheels did a lot right, but the price was too high and the range too limited.

I will always love my full set of DeAgostinis, although smaller in scale. If they would anounce a re-run with newer ships, I'd pay a fortune for the subscription.

The normal Hot Wheels just don't do the job for me.

Reaction score
I agree - that would be a pity. Still I am confident that if done right, a line like that may pick up. Disney did a lot right, but the availability was too limited. Hot Wheels did a lot right, but the price was too high and the range too limited.

I will always love my full set of DeAgostinis, although smaller in scale. If they would anounce a re-run with newer ships, I'd pay a fortune for the subscription.

I was listening to Matt Fox on Galaxy of Toys podcast and he referred to how toy companys launch a new line, and lose patience 3 or 4 items in so you always get the most common designs. Same thing here - the elites arrived 2 years late, when the audience and moved on and have walked away after just scratching the surface. On a positive point, at least there's a finite number to hunt but it's another shame in the history of toy spaceship shames

Reaction score

I even like the non-diecast Disney stuff. I have Poe's X-wing and Falcon (Solo movie) and I think they're kinda cool. Personally, if I'm going to display it on a shelf I really don't care about metal content or not as long as the detail is there.

Reaction score
Hmmm - why does the First Order TIE Fighter lack the distinctive red mark?

Seems like a massive oversight.

Regardless, RIP the Elite line