Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Light Side & The Dark Side

Reaction score
I'm looking to do the Kessel Run next year. Do I just need to do the Star Wars Half Marathon at Disneyland in addition to the Dark Side Challenge that I've already signed up for?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm looking to do the Kessel Run next year. Do I just need to do the Star Wars Half Marathon at Disneyland in addition to the Dark Side Challenge that I've already signed up for?
From the runDisney website:

"runDisney Kessel Run Challenge "Let the Force be with you!" during the Kessel Run Challenge. Take this galactic challenge and earn your Kessel Run Commemorative Medal by participating in either the Star Wars Half Marathon/Rebel Challenge at the Disneyland® Resort and the Star Wars Half Marathon at the Walt Disney World® Resort."

Reaction score
Nice front page article today, Chris! Just a few months to go....

Unfortunately, between catching pneumonia over the summer and a recent bought of illness, I haven't been able to train like I should. Luckily the pacing for the events is a 16-minute mile!

Reaction score
Nice front page article today, Chris! Just a few months to go....

Unfortunately, between catching pneumonia over the summer and a recent bought of illness, I haven't been able to train like I should. Luckily the pacing for the events is a 16-minute mile!
I'm with you. I'm just getting over a bad case of stomach flu and need to get back in pace for the light side half marathon in January and the Dark Side Challenge in April.

Last edited:

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ahh...hope you guys get well soon and can get back to training. It's a lot more fun and enjoyable when your body is prepared. You'll still get those medals though, so that's the important thing. :D

Reaction score
Wow - hard to believe the race weekend is coming up already at Disneyland. I'm surprised the Dark Side race weekend still has open spots except for the 10K.

Reaction score
Btw, for those of you at the event this weekend, Disney posted a link about some of the merchandise from the store inside the Expo. Have to say overall I'm not too keen on the merchandise this year. I guess I'll save my money and spend it on a RC Mouse Droid inside Disneyland! ;-)

I'll be at the Expo on Friday at noon. Can't wait to get there, enjoy a beverage at Trader Sams and hit the parks before doing the Rebel Challenge over the weekend!

Reaction score
I think this weekend was some of the most fun I've ever had as a Star Wars fan, aside from Celebrations. Other than the races and a few days in the parks, I made time for a few other fun excursions:

- D23 tour of the Walt Disney Studios (great chatting with you and Courtney, Chris!)
- A showing of Rogue One at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood

Bring on the Dark Side Weekend in April!

Reaction score
I had a great time there too. Nice chatting up with new friends and my 10K and 1/2 times weren't too bad (I didn't stop for photos). Looking forward to doing the Dark Side challenge in April.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think this weekend was some of the most fun I've ever had as a Star Wars fan, aside from Celebrations. Other than the races and a few days in the parks, I made time for a few other fun excursions:

- D23 tour of the Walt Disney Studios (great chatting with you and Courtney, Chris!)
- A showing of Rogue One at the El Capitan theater in Hollywood

Bring on the Dark Side Weekend in April!
Good to meet you and your brother as well, Devon!

Reaction score
Btw, are there any fellow 'Scummers going to Orlando for the RunDisney Star Was Dark Side 1/2 marathon weekend? I'll be running the 10K and 1/2 that weekend. Let me know! Looking also to finally try out "Secrets of the Empire" at Disney Springs.

Reaction score
My wife and I will be there along with another couple. I'm doing all three, they're doing the 5k and 10k.
I'm pretty sure Chris Wyman will also be there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll be there with my family. I'm doing the 10k and 1/2, my wife is doing the 5k and my kids are doing the kids runs. This is my first and I've wanted to do it for a long time. I'm nervous because I nursing an injury so it will be rough but I'm dertermined to finish. Maybe I'll see some of you there.