Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Members from the Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance have been invited and will be appearing at the Moviestop in Largo, FL on Thursday, September 15th for the midnight release party for the Star Wars Saga on Blu-ray. The party starts at 10:30pm with free food, trivia and giveaways. Of course, everyone is encouraged to dress up in a Star Wars costume!

If you reserve your Blu-ray set from this Moviestop, you are guaranteed to get the lowest price in the nation. Call 727-585-2328 to do so. The physical address for the store is 10500 Ulmerton Rd. Largo, FL 33770. See you there!

Reaction score
Woot! I used to live in Orlando but now I am living in the Miami area! But I deff would like to join the club :p.

Reaction score
I need help ;) somebody go to the Orlando comic Expo

Orlando Comic Expo

I need the Nalini Krishan (Barriss Offee) Autograph

I'll send you action figure to autograph and I'll pay all cost and if you charge someting for the waiting let me know

Reaction score
Sooooooo.......when do I get to come over and play at your house! That thing is very nice; shame ya have to sell it!
I actualy live close to you lol Ft. MYERS it sold super fast if anyone in florida wants one made pm me and thanks for the compliments.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If anyone wants one of these made for them id be glad to do so that one sold but i can always make more of them thanks

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance 2012 End-of-the-Year Bash

Make plans to join the SWGFA for an evening of Star Wars fun!

Location, Date & Time:

The SWGFA will be meeting at ACME Superstore on Saturday, November 3rd from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. The store boasts one of the largest selections of Star Wars merchandise in the south east and is not to be missed! The physical address for the shop is 905 E. State Road 434 #100 Longwood, FL 32750. If you have questions about directions, please call the store at (407) 331-0433.

Stephen Hayford:

Official Star Wars artist Stephen Hayford will be making his first appearance with the group! Many will know him from his incredible Star Wars dioramas based on themes from Christmas, Thanksgiving, July 4th, Valentine's Day, Halloween, New Years and many more. Stephen will have some of his Celebration VI prints for sale as well as a display of his amazing work.

Tim Proctor:

Official Star Wars artist Tim Proctor was just been added to the line up and has been a frequent guest at SWGFA events over the last few years. He will also have Celebration VI prints available along with a nice collection of his most recent work.

Food & Drinks:

ACME Superstore will have candy, chips, soda & water for just $1.00 each!

Store Discount:

All attendees will receive an incredible 25% off every single Star Wars item in the store!

Name Badges & 2013 Membership Kit:

There will be another official club name badge order which fans can sign up for as well as a preview of the upcoming 2013 Membership Kit!

If you have any questions, please feel free to send them here.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance will be holding their first event of 2013 and you're invited!

Location, Date & Time:

The SWGFA will be meeting at Heroes Landing Comic Shop on Saturday, March 2nd from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. The physical address for the shop is 12348 Roper Blvd. Clermont, FL 34711. If you have questions about directions, please call the store at 352-242-XMEN (9636).

Vanessa 'Banky' Farano:

As an official Star Wars artist, Vanessa has worked on the Topps Star Wars: Galactic Files and Star Wars: Galaxy 6 & 7 series as well as cards for the 501st Bash and Topps booth at Celebration VI. If interested in contacting Vanessa for a commission to pick up at the event, email her or visit her Facebook page.

Michael "Locoduck" Duron:

Also an official Star Wars artist, Michael has worked on the Topps Star Wars: Galactic Files, Star Wars: Galaxy 4, 5, 6 & 7, Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 1 & 2, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Widevision and all of the Indiana Jones series. If interested in contacting Michael for a commission to pick up at the event, email him or visit his Facebook page.

Food & Drinks:

There will be FREE food & drinks for everyone courtesy of Heroes Landing Comic Shop! This will include pizza, chips, vegetable trays, cake, soda, tea & water! Amounts will be based on RSVP numbers, so please confirm your attendance here.

2013 Membership Kit:

The 2013 Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance Charter Membership kit is now available in the SWGFA online store and will be available for pick up at this event. The kit includes an exclusive Charter Member t-shirt, exclusive Charter Member patch, exclusive Charter Member card (good for store discounts), a 1.5" metal Club Logo pin and a 1" round Special Edition ROTJ style Club Logo button. There is also an option to have the kit mailed as well.

Costumes:

As always, all attendees are welcome to wear Star Wars costumes! Photo ops are a big part of the fun.

Questions? Send them here! If you are a Florida resident, head on out and support this local Star Wars event.

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Could anyone help me find a VC Starkiller? I've been ill for the past few months so I dont even know if they came to our area yet as I dont really get to get out much.
I can pay cost plus shipping plus a little for your time if need be.
Thanks

PS. I am also looking for a TRU Masterpiece Optimus Prime...

Reaction score
I can point you in the direction of Amazon. You will pay a bit more than retail but make sure you order another figure to go with it. Single cards don't fare well with amazon. They tend to mail it in a bubble mailer. 2 figs or more go in a box. I haven't even VC Starkiller on the pegs anywhere.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Rebelscum.com: An Evening With The Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance At Oakley's Grille

Looking to meet other Star Wars fans who share your passion? Come join members from the Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance’s Tampa Star Wars Club on Wednesday, October 2 from 7:30pm to 11:00pm for an evening of fun and great food at Oakley's Grille located at:

17631 Bruce B Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33647
(813) 523-5075

All fans across the state of Florida are invited and welcome.

You can expect a few rounds of Star Wars trivia with prizes, blue bantha milk and maybe even a real droid or two!

Oakley’s Grille is a family owned restaurant boasting the number one ranked burger in New Tampa and they are HUGE Star Wars fans. They’ve even offered to stay open late just for this event!

As always, costumes and other Star Wars apparel are welcomed and encouraged. Be sure to confirm your attendance on the official event page here.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Today marks the 5th Anniversary of the Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance. It was January 24th, 2009 that the Tampa Star Wars Club and the Orlando System joined forces to start the SWGFA. Thanks to everyone who has been a part of our group over the last half-decade!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Our next event is coming together quite nicely and will take place in one month. The 2014 Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance Collector Showcase will feature pieces from YOUR collection that you choose to bring and display for other collectors to see! Make plans to attend this exciting event on Saturday, October 4th at the South Peninsula Community Church in Daytona Beach! We are also very excited to be accepting donations for a Christmas Toy Drive benefiting the Longstreet Elementary School. If you've got toys sitting in the closet that you no longer want, consider making them a donation for this good cause. This event will be FREE and fans of all ages are welcome. More details coming soon!

Reaction score
Greetings, I'm relocating from southern Ky to the Orlando area just before the thanksgiving holiday. The 2nd time we're had to move my huge collection, which is stressful!

I wanted to to jump on RS and start networking with other collectors. I have a few folks here and in the Nashville area that like me, are just looking to collect (not to make a buck)... Not to make a buck on scalping stuff. If we find anything scarce, we have built a network to where we can help out one another. My hope is that something similar exists in Orlando that I can earn enough trust to be mingled into.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Greetings, I'm relocating from southern Ky to the Orlando area just before the thanksgiving holiday. The 2nd time we're had to move my huge collection, which is stressful!

I wanted to to jump on RS and start networking with other collectors. I have a few folks here and in the Nashville area that like me, are just looking to collect (not to make a buck)... Not to make a buck on scalping stuff. If we find anything scarce, we have built a network to where we can help out one another. My hope is that something similar exists in Orlando that I can earn enough trust to be mingled into.
We have a lot of members and collectors in the Orlando area, so you should have no trouble finding others with the same mind set. Like the official Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance Facebook page and join the fan page to get plugged in.