Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance - 1/16 Event!

Last reminder about tomorrow night's big event in Clermont, FL! Hope to see everyone there at 5:00pm.

Reaction score

Yeah, y'all come visit me at Target in Clermont while you're 2 miles away. My request was shot down, because I'm the only closing Team Lead on my weekends, and no other TL would switch (honestly, I wouldn't have for them either). My friend Nick Wickett is coming though. He works over at Sea World, and is heading over after work. Treat him nice. He's not a "scummer", but he's still a nice guy.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Darth_Chuck said:
Yeah, y'all come visit me at Target in Clermont while you're 2 miles away. My request was shot down, because I'm the only closing Team Lead on my weekends, and no other TL would switch (honestly, I wouldn't have for them either). My friend Nick Wickett is coming though. He works over at Sea World, and is heading over after work. Treat him nice. He's not a "scummer", but he's still a nice guy.
Sorry to hear that no one would switch with you, Chuck! We'll be thinking about you.

Glad to hear that your friend is going to make it for sure. What does he do at Sea World?

Reaction score

Chris and others - see you tonight! We are excited to be hosting you. Also, don;t forget to mention Stu Cohen (he is the co-owner).

Chuck - bummer. Stop in anytime though and we can do a mini-SW get together.

Reaction score

Thanks Todd! Will do, eventually.

Chris, Nick is a trainer and performer in the Blue Horizons dolphin show. If you guys meet him, ask him about his Star Wars bar, complete with a clapper board signed by Rick McCallum.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Darth_Chuck said:
Thanks Todd! Will do, eventually.

Chris, Nick is a trainer and performer in the Blue Horizons dolphin show. If you guys meet him, ask him about his Star Wars bar, complete with a clapper board signed by Rick McCallum.
Awesome! I'll try to remember to ask him about that for sure.

Reaction score

Thansk everyone for coming out to the store last night. Stu and I were thrilled to have you there and look forward to working with you again! May the Force be with you!

Reaction score

Todd, we can't thank you and Stu enough. It was a real pleasure to see your store and meet you both. It's tough to find a place that can hold a group of our size and you two really made this special for us. I was amazed at how you essentially reset a good part of the store for us. I look forward to seeing you again, and I'll be sure to recommend Heroes Landing from here on. -Campbell

Reaction score

Yes, Thank You Todd and Stu for giving us a great place to have are meeting it was awesome.

Reaction score

BIG thanks to Stu and Todd for their hospitality Saturday night. And for having the Boba Fett tin that I bought

Saturday was a blast. I hope we can go out to Heroes Landing again in the future.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I will just echo the thanks to to both Todd and Stu for allowing us to meet at Heroes Landing. What a fantastic turnout that saw 60 people show up! I'll be posting all my photos on the Facebook page soon, so stay tuned!

Reaction score

Chris - I think I noticed some flyers or pamphlets you had made up for the SWGFA. Are you able to send us some or send me it in e-mail and I will print some out. We want to continue to support the group anyway we can. I hope that many of the people that attended will continue and this group can eventually be able to do events like Ohio, Kentucky and DC.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Todd_of_the_Sith said:
Chris - I think I noticed some flyers or pamphlets you had made up for the SWGFA. Are you able to send us some or send me it in e-mail and I will print some out. We want to continue to support the group anyway we can. I hope that many of the people that attended will continue and this group can eventually be able to do events like Ohio, Kentucky and DC.
I believe Campbell has those flyers, so I will get with him and we'll certainly send you some.

Yes, the goal is to grow and become a much larger group just as those other clubs have done.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Sharke said:
random question, are there any Jax area members, groups?
This is in the works.

There is a Jacksonville club, but they haven't joined the alliance as of yet.

Reaction score

Chris Wyman said:
Sharke said:
random question, are there any Jax area members, groups?
This is in the works.

There is a Jacksonville club, but they haven't joined the alliance as of yet.
Really?? Any more info?? Could you PM me with details Chris?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Info on a Jacksonville club joining the SWGFA:

Right now, we currently have the Tampa Star Wars Club, The OrLando System and The Treasure Coast Star Wars Club in the Alliance. I'm looking to add more clubs around the state of Florida. This would require someone to either start up a group or for a group already going to simply join.

I would need the President of this club to be someone trustworthy and knowledgeable in organizing events and someone who is willing to run things for this area. Eventually, we would have an event in Jacksonville for the entire Alliance which means some of us would be traveling a few hours to get there. We've done this in Port Saint Lucie and it turned out fantastic.

Is anyone in the Jacksonville area interested?

Reaction score
There are definitely some people in St Augustine interested in a group too. Lord Helmet - I know you from the old Jax Collectors group. Sharke - not sure if I know you or not.

Reaction score
Although a little late, here is a sincere birthday wish to an honest and committed collector:

Happy Birthday, Campbell!

Reaction score
HI gang. Just wanted to let you know that my store will FINALLY have the Lightsaber chopsticks in this Wednesday (only 3 months after they said they would be available).

CSD

Reaction score
I'll be a part of this Great Alliance. The only bad thing is everyone lives in the south end of Florida and I'm up here in "Horse Country".

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
CSD said:
I'll be a part of this Great Alliance. The only bad thing is everyone lives in the south end of Florida and I'm up here in "Horse Country".
Welcome CSD! Glad you found us.

Actually, most of us are from either the Tampa Bay area or Central Florida (Orlando) and then there's a few guys from the Port Saint Lucie area, Lakeland, Saint Augustine and Clermont. Your only about an hour and a half away which is a pretty standard distance for most when we hold events. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll add you to the mailing list.

Reaction score
CSD said:
Glad to meet you, CSD. If there's a bright center to Florida fandom, you're really not that far from it.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's with great pleasure that I announce our next event to be held at Heroes Landing in Clermont, FL on Saturday, April 17th from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Shop owners Todd and Stu have graciously offered to host us again and we have accepted.

Costumes, costumes and more costumes! I'd like to see anyone who has a costume wear it to the event. This is a unique part of Star Wars fandom that has been lacking as of late. Even if you have a costume that you are simply working on, bring that as well. You never know, we might even have a costume contest!

I'm also very pleased to announce that the original Darth Vader Helmet and Stormtrooper Armor sculptor, Brian Muir, will be attending our event. Brian will be available to sign copies of his new book "In the Shadow of Vader". He will also be signing autographs on photos, posters, figures, helmets, etc. for $20.00 per autograph. He has worked on such films as A New Hope, Indiana Jones, James Bond, The Dark Crystal, Sleepy Hollow, Planet of the Apes, Alien, Lost in Space, Tomb Raider, Harry Potter and many more! He and his wife will be on vacation here in the US for a few weeks and he has agreed to join us.

Be sure to check out our Facebook Event Page and confirm your attendance!

Reaction score
Re: SWGFA / Alliance Council Election

I can't wait for the April event, it will be such fun! For those of you who are (or know) members of the 501st, we're going to have them out for our Orlando Titans game on Saturday, March 20 vs. the Calgary Roughnecks at 7:35pm at Amway Arena in downtown Orlando. Here's some information!

Reaction score
Re: SWGFA / Alliance Council Election

Nice! Go Titans, and Go 501st!

Sabacc said:
The Alliance is electing a Council made up of the three current club leaders and two members at large. Vote Now! Vote Now!
The results are in- Our Alliance Council is now made of Tampa President Chris Wyman, Treasure Coast President Rich Sledziewski, Orlando President Campbell Evans, and Councilors Tony Lodato and Aaron Barnhill.

Congratulations, gentlemen, and thank you to everyone that voted!

Reaction score
Booked a flight to come in on the 16th, so I can be there on the 17th to join you guys and help out and have fun!!!

Reaction score
Glad to hear you'll be back for this meeting, Courtney! Looking forward to seeing you- this should be a great event.

Reaction score
Glad you made it out! As has been the pattern lately, it was our biggest yet. Chris said the sign-in sheet totalled at about 100 attendees! Big thanks to our hosts at Heroes Landing and our guests Brian Muir and Tim Proctor!

Reaction score
We love hosting you guys at the store as much as we love Star Wars. We are trying to look into some other events and signings and will let everyone know when something is locked in.

Reaction score
Please do, Todd! I wish I could get up there more often, but it's a trek for me. Fortunately, I've been able to recommend Heroes Landing to people I meet from the Clermont area.

While we haven't gone as a real group, Star Wars Weekends is in full swing continuing for the next two weeks. I've made it out on Saturdays for both weekends so far and have run into a lot of old and new friends. The Weekends seem busier than ever with parking lots getting filled up and The Studios wall to wall with fans.

Reaction score
Todd_of_the_Sith said:
We love hosting you guys at the store as much as we love Star Wars. We are trying to look into some other events and signings and will let everyone know when something is locked in.
Heroes Landing is an awesome store. It was very nice of you guys to welcome the SWGFA there.