Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the SWGFA, GeneralKenobi7! This is indeed the right place to introduce yourself.

We will be having our first event of 2010 in mid January, so stay tuned for updates on an exact date and location. I would be happy to add you to the mailing list as well, just let me know.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
Welcome to the SWGFA, GeneralKenobi7! This is indeed the right place to introduce yourself.

We will be having our first event of 2010 in mid January, so stay tuned for updates on an exact date and location. I would be happy to add you to the mailing list as well, just let me know.
Yeah, definitely. Any day is good for me but saturdays.
Where abouts to you have your events?

Thanks!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
GeneralKenobi7 said:
Chris Wyman said:

Yeah, definitely. Any day is good for me but saturdays.
Where abouts to you have your events?

Thanks!
We move around the state between Tampa, Orlando and Port Saint Lucie right now with other areas pending.

Our next event and possibly the one after that will be in Orlando.

Reaction score
GeneralKenobi7 said:
I am in the 501st (any others here?)
Welcome to the area and welcome to the SWGFA, GK. Hope to meet you soon. We have a couple of 501st members in our ranks (Dale and Audrey come to mind) but they don't often speak up on this forum. I'd like to have more of a connection between our group and the 501st as we're all passionate fans of the Saga. -Campbell

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
Ravenjack said:
Great event, glad I could finally make it again. Looking forward to the next one.
A few photos from Saturday night:

Nice shirt Chris! Where ever could you find such a fine, fine product? (hint)

I just discovered this thread. Cool, I didn't know GFA was on RS. I never leave the Force Cast area, but I will have to make a point to try and watch this thread as well.

Anyway, the reason for this post is because we live in St. Augustine, and I was wondering if there is anyone else in this group that lives in the first coast area. I see that "Hail_Lord_Helmet" is in Jacksonville, cool. Any one else?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wear this shirt with pride, Mark!

Yes, please speak up if you are in the St. Augustine area or there about! We'd love to get a group going there to join the Alliance.

Reaction score
Yeah, we need to wrangle the Jawas more. Speak up if you want to creat the First Coast Star Wars Club or something to that effect.

By the same token, we'd like to welcome all Floridians (in space or in spirit) to truly make the make the Alliance Grand.

Reaction score
Yep here in Jacksonville. We had a start of a Club/etc here in Jax, even had a Private forum created here from the Mods. Chris can be the one to answer if that still exists. It kind of broke apart, then some of that group have actually moved away because of Navy obligation, etc. It is what it is.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hail_Lord_Helmet said:
Yep here in Jacksonville. We had a start of a Club/etc here in Jax, even had a Private forum created here from the Mods. Chris can be the one to answer if that still exists. It kind of broke apart, then some of that group have actually moved away because of Navy obligation, etc. It is what it is.
There are still a few that use the private forum, yes.

Reaction score
Hey I just want to put it out there I don't know if this is the right forum for this. I am trying to get people to joint the Treasure Coast Star Wars Club anywhere from West Palm Bch to Vero Bch you can reach me here or on the SWGFA site under Treasure Coast forum. Thanks.

Reaction score
I think it's the right place and I really hope you get some feedback. I really want the GFA to be for every Florida fan.

Reaction score
I just want to get the word out and hope I can get e few real die hard fans to help grow the club and the Alliance. We have allot of great things coming up for 2010 and the more people we get the greater presence we will have at conventions.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is very much the right place! The more the merrier. Any Florida fans that wish to join the Alliance are welcome.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First event of 2010 has been announced!

The SWGFA will be meeting at a new comic book shop that just opened up called Heroes Landing. Our huge thanks to the owners, Todd Merrick & Stu Cohen, for opening up their store to us! The physical address for the shop is 12348 Roper Blvd. Clermont, FL 34711. If you have questions about directions, please call the store at 352-242-XMEN (9636).

Day and time:

We'll be meeting on Saturday, January 16th from 5:00pm to 9:00pm.

Food & Drinks:

This will be a potluck style event where everyone brings some type of food to share. Drinks will be available for purchase at the store which includes Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, Aquafina Water, Orange and Grape Crush, and other similar drinks. They also sell lots of novelty energy drinks like Ghostbusters, Futurama Slurm and more.

What to bring:

• Bring yourself for starters. We want you to come and enjoy yourself with all the other Star Wars fans out there. Bring a friend too!
• Feel free to bring items to buy/sell/trade. There will be a limited amount of space for display and swapping collectibles.
• Some type of food to share with everyone! (not required for attendance)

501st Legion:

I'm very pleased to announce that the 501st Legion will be in attendance! Be sure to bring your camera!

Costumes:

Everyone is encouraged to come in costume! If you have something you've been working on and you need help, bring it. You never know who might be around that could give you some pointers or even assist you with the construction of your costume.

Store discount:

All SWGFA, Rebelscum.com, TheForce.net and 501st Legion members will receive 15% off all in store purchases. Just be sure to mention that you saw this story!

MegaCon:

A large group of members will be attending MegaCon in March as it already has a large Star Wars presence lined up. We'll be discussing our plans for this show as well as our April event.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me at chris.wyman@verizon.net. May the Force be with you...always. We'll see you on January 16th!

Reaction score
It just friggin' figures. You literally have the event 2 miles from me, and I can't go because it's my closing weekend at work. Stupid work!

I guess, if anyone wants to, you can all swing by the Clermont Super Target later that night to say "Hi!" I'll be there from 3pm-11pm. Come see me in Electronics

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Darth_Chuck said:
It just friggin' figures. You literally have the event 2 miles from me, and I can't go because it's my closing weekend at work. Stupid work!

I guess, if anyone wants to, you can all swing by the Clermont Super Target later that night to say "Hi!" I'll be there from 3pm-11pm. Come see me in Electronics
Ahh, Chuck!

You really can't get that one night off with over a month's notice?

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
You really can't get that one night off with over a month's notice?
This is not calling out Chuck- I have a job that makes it hard to get time off as well. However, I've noticed that a lot of people don't even consider adjusting their schedules for these meetings and only come if there's nothing going on.

I can tell you, they are a lot of fun, and it's so nice to be in a mob of people that all share our love of Star Wars. This is the start of a very exciting year for Florida Star Wars fans and I urge everyone that can come to make an effort to be there.

Again, Chuck, I'm not referring to your situation in particular. That's a bummer if you just can't make it. Happens to the best of us.

Reaction score
I'm still floating around St. Augustine - the private forums for Jax still have a few people too. I got laid-off a year ago so it extremely curtailed my SW spending but I may try and make it for the next meeting!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
leia214 said:
I'm still floating around St. Augustine - the private forums for Jax still have a few people too. I got laid-off a year ago so it extremely curtailed my SW spending but I may try and make it for the next meeting!
Awesome! Hope to see you there.

Reaction score
I have to say being with this group of people in florida is like being with family, the meetings are a blast. And a major plus with it is the hole family loves Star Wars.

Reaction score
usually, the weekends are FROWNED upon for requests off...especially closing shifts....and my exec if sort of a [censored]...but I will mention it when I go in this evening

Reaction score
TallestJawa said:
... the reason for this post is because we live in St. Augustine, and I was wondering if there is anyone else in this group that lives in the first coast area.
leia214 said:
I'm still floating around St. Augustine - I may try and make it for the next meeting!
Hey! St. Augustine in the house - repreZENT!

We may yet be able to take over the universe...

PM sent!

Reaction score
Sabacc said:
"Han Shot First Coast Faction?"
We love it! I can see the logo now. It has the iconic Han blaster over a big "FIRST" inside the Star Wars word-box. The new SWGFA logo is now the SECOND highest thing on my list.

Reaction score
Just wanted everyone to know that the Treasure Coast Star Wars Fan Club is now on Facebook so come and check it out and join are group!!!! Go to the new page that says Treasure Coast Star Wars Fan Club only.

Reaction score
I have 2 TURBO TANKS (MIB) that Im looking to sell.

Im only asking $80 each (obo considered).

I'd be willing to trade for:
BMF
and the GI Joe Mobile Command Center (NOT the Pit. The MCC is not the same as the new Pit playset.)
Airsoft guns or possibly gear
(Also looking for a Pug puppy, if anyone know where I could get one)

I live in BRANDON, Fl