Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The SWGFA was officially kicked off in Orlando on January 24th as a large group of us met for what I hope to be the club to be a part of for all Star Wars collectors and fans. The SWGFA is open to anyone who lives in the state of Florida and wants to take part in it. If you have a local club in your area and would like to join the Alliance, please let us know.

Currently, our group consists of the Tampa Star Wars Club, The Treasure Coast Star Wars Club and the Orlando System. Our groups meet locally about once a month and every few months, we have a large get together with all the groups.

For more information about the group, you can visit swgfa.com. We are also on Facebook as well. Watch this thread for updates about upcoming events and news regarding the club.

Reaction score
It's great to have a presence here. Any collector worth their salt knows about Rebelscum, and I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Collector or not, we've a lot to gain by joining forces. I look forward to making more contacts through Rs and welcome everyone.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just announced...Fanboys will be coming to Orlando starting on February 20th! Let's try and get as big a group together to go as possible.

Reaction score
Noticed on a search for Fanboys that there is a 12:01 am showing next Thursday/Friday at Universal Cineplex. Hopefully they will also have it at Pleasure Island because I do not want to be charged to park to go see a film.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in going to see Fanboys at the AMC Loews Universal Cineplex 20 in Orlando on Monday, February 23rd at 2:05pm, 4:20pm, 6:45pm?

I believe it's free parking after 6:00pm.

Reaction score
What did you guys think of it? I saw it with local boston scummer Grak on the 20th and I think it was a pretty good movie. Funny stuff. Anyone else noticed the saga tauntaun ahead of its time in the background?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought it was extremely funny! I can't wait to see it again. Top notch film.

Don't think I noticed the Taun Taun. I'll have to look for it next time.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Fanboys

AMC Veterans 24 - Friday, March 6th
10:20am, 12:35pm, 3:00pm, 5:25pm, 8:00pm, 10:20pm, 12:35am

AMC Veterans 24 - Saturday, March 7th
10:20am, 12:35pm, 3:00pm, 5:25pm, 8:00pm, 10:20pm, 12:35am

AMC Veterans 24 - Sunday, March 8th
10:20am, 12:35pm, 3:00pm, 5:25pm, 8:00pm, 10:15pm

AMC Veterans 24 - Monday, March 9th
12:45pm, 3:00pm, 5:25pm, 8:00pm, 10:15pm

Reaction score
Too bad you guys are far from me...would definitely join you all. How about a reunion planned somewhere down south sometime?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seize9 said:
Too bad you guys are far from me...would definitely join you all. How about a reunion planned somewhere down south sometime?
That is certainly in the works, Seize! The goal is to get the whole state involved. We are planning an event over in Port Saint Lucie for May which is less than two hours from Miami. Would you guys be interested in joining us?

Reaction score
JGordon24 said:
Seize9 said:
That is certainly in the works, Seize! The goal is to get the whole state involved. We are planning an event over in Port Saint Lucie for May which is less than two hours from Miami. Would you guys be interested in joining us?
Really? When did this come up?

Reaction score
Still a lil' far but I probably would be down...maybe I could road trip with someone. I dunno, would love to pull that one day...just to get away from my normal social gatherings (even if it meant leaving the girly behind for a weekend). Would be cool to meet a lot of you in person too.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Khelden_Nur said:
JGordon24 said:
Seize9 said:
Really? When did this come up?
We don't have a set date yet, but it's been in the works for the last two or three days.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seize9 said:
Still a lil' far but I probably would be down...maybe I could road trip with someone. I dunno, would love to pull that one day...just to get away from my normal social gatherings (even if it meant leaving the girly behind for a weekend). Would be cool to meet a lot of you in person too.
Oh, come on now...we'll be driving over three hours to get to Port St. Lucie. A little hour and a half ain't gonna kill ya!

Reaction score
Depending on when I would probably go for it...hopefully there will be something cool going on.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seize9 said:
Depending on when I would probably go for it...hopefully there will be something cool going on.
One of our members wants to host the May event. He'd like to have a BBQ at his house and have everyone over. Typically, we would bring over pieces from our own collection and the host would showcase his or her own collection as well. This will more than likely be on a Saturday afternoon. I'll announce more details once we've ironed out when it will be.

Reaction score
Sounds cool...doesn't Coeli and some other regular members stay near there? What about you Rahilio, you down to escape a weekend?

Reaction score
Def would be cool to have all of us regular posters in this area + others gather up and meet in person one day. I would try my best to make it happen if the date works out.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll give you guys plenty of notice so you'll have time to plan and take off work if need be. It will either be on a Saturday or Sunday, probably a Saturday.

Reaction score
I'll be on the Port Saint Lucie trip in May. Looking forward to meeting more Florida fans.

Great to see so much activity on here. Now if we could get some more heat in the actual SWGFA forums.

Also, as far as Fanboys anachronisms. There were tons of them, and I don't think Kyle Newman went crazy avoiding them (and I think that's okay). One that sticks out still in my mind were the large PEZ dispensers, also in the Coach House, by the bed headboard.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just an FYI: A few of us from the SWGFA will be attending the 10:15pm showing of Fanboys this Sunday evening for anyone that cares to join us. It's showing at the AMC Veteran's 24 on Anderson Rd. here in Tampa.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It’s that time again! We have finally decided on a date and time for our May Event. We will be joining SWGFA member Rich at his home in Port Saint Lucie on Sunday, May 17th at 1:00pm. Stay tuned for more details on this as the date approaches. I will be stopping in Orlando to pick up any member that wishes to join us. I’d really like to see a nice showing of members for this as Rich tries to get a local club going in his area. What better way to do this than to show up and support his efforts. This announcement gives everyone more than a month to plan ahead for the event, so let’s make it happen!

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Other news:

Just a quick reminder, we’ll be meeting at the FX Show in Orlando on April 18th, so make plans to join us for a day of fun and relaxation. Ray Park (Darth Maul) will be in attendance as well as Leonard Nimoy and many others. Hope to see you there.

Reaction score
This will be a lot of fun. I'll be there. Rich is a cool guy. He helped me get my big Millennium Falcon for the clearance price of $65.00.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just a quick reminder about our May event on the 17th. If you are interested in attending, please PM me for the exact location address in Port Saint Lucie.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For those that have never attended an SWGFA event...there will be some great food and of course, Star Wars trivia with prizes! Come on out and join us next Sunday in Port Saint Lucie.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, it's that time! Can't wait to see everyone out at the SWGFA event in Port Saint Lucie, FL today. I'll be leaving Tampa in about thirty minutes, picking up all the Orlando guys and then we'll be on the way.

Really looking forward to the lunch Rich has prepared for us!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
whendroidsfly said:
It was good seeing you all yesterday. I had a good time. I already made a special place on my shelf for some of the prizes I won.
Great seeing you as well, Justin. Huge thank you to yourself and all the other guys that made it out for the event. Turned out fantastic!

Also, a big thanks to Rich and his wife for opening up their home to us and hosting the event AND to the San Diego Star Wars Society for donating pieces of the Sarlacc Pit and Sail Barge as prizes for the trivia!

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
...AND to the San Diego Star Wars Society for donating pieces of the Sarlacc Pit and Sail Barge as prizes for the trivia!
Yep. Figures. You guys always do things like this when I can't make it.

Reaction score
Is there a group in South Florida that has meetings with any regularity? While no one wants to drive all day for these things generally, if there is a place in Florida that can get their own group together, we'd love to try and bring the SWGFA to them.

It seems there's a good bit of activity on here from South Florida (as indicated in the Store Reports) but I'm not aware of any organized groups.

Seize9 said:

Reaction score
whendroidsfly said:
It was good seeing you all yesterday. I had a good time. I already made a special place on my shelf for some of the prizes I won.
Which one are you in the pic Justin? Wish I could've made it...really wanted to, but had many reasons I couldn't.

Reaction score
That's me top left in the first photo. I'm sure we'll be able to do this again some time. I only takes me an hour to drive to Port St. Lucie.