Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Star Wars Fan Days III - Oct. 24th-25th

The Force was not with me today.

My flight was cancelled due to mechanical failure this morning, so I'm waiting for another flight now. I'll arrive in Dallas at 5:10pm this evening, so at least I'll still make the concert!

Reaction score

Don't forget to stop and say hi Chris at the concert. I'll be in my Scout armor.

Reaction score

Have a blast everyone. I was scheduled to leave out of KC in the morning, but I've had to cancel my trip last minute because my 21 month old daughter is still in the hospital recovering from the H1N1 flu bug. I'll be thinking of you all as I sit and watch TV from the hospital room. I'm really disappointed about not coming, but this last week has taught me a lesson about priorities and sadly right now Star Wars is not one of them.

Reaction score

Hope she gets well soon Jedi_Fry

Just got into town about two hours ago and am in mthe motel. Wondering when I should get in line tomorrow. I'm real bummed about Adam Hughes cancelling. I hope Allison and him get well soon. It was just a like getting hit in the junk after driving 10+hrs.

Reaction score

AH news comes as a major blow. Getting tucked in here at the ALoft hotel. Concert tonight was AMAZING. Already looking into tickets for when it swings through NJ. See everyone in the morning. Breakfast cant come soon enough.

Reaction score

I have gotten everything signed, including Dave Filoni on all the Clone Wars posters. All items will be mailed back absolutely no later than Monday, November 2nd. This includes anything still left from Dragon*Con. I'm really sorry if you haven't gotten your items from D*Con, but I will be including Fan Days trading cards with your packages.

International packages that need to be brought to a post office teller will be shipped on Tuesday.

Reaction score

I have gotten everything signed, including Dave Filoni on all the Clone Wars posters. All items will be mailed back absolutely no later than Monday, November 2nd. This includes anything still left from Dragon*Con. I'm really sorry if you haven't gotten your items from D*Con, but I will be including Fan Days trading cards with your packages.

International packages that need to be brought to a post office teller will be shipped on Tuesday.

Reaction score

Passed the time today at Fan Days!

Got to meet Beek, Potts, Mauricio and saw Chris again. And this time I revealed myself!!!
It was great to meet you guys finally!

Wish we had more time to talk and hang out guys. Me and my brother were tired. We probably left around 4:30 from the con.

I saw a few other scummers as well.

Great time all around!

Reaction score

Was able to get a some pretty cool stuff today. Probably spent too much really. I met on Scummer that I know of, lost an auction to him.

Will be just stopping in real quick tomorrow to snap a few more pics and pick up a few other things before heading home. There are a couple of things I wouldn't mind sitting through but I'll be glad to get a head start on the drive too.

I'm the guy with a brown Budweiser hat with gold lettering ana bottle opener in the bill of the cap. I'll either have a green Hulk t-shirt or gray Boba Fett t-shirt tomorrow. Hope to meet more Scummers.

Reaction score

This has been my first convention and it's just too awesome for words. I got the Clone Wars autographs and autographs from Anthony Daniels, David Prowse, Peter Mayhew and Jeremy Bullock. I wish I could do more, but money's running out, and I'm still hoping to pick up Steven's book tomorrow and getting Dave Filloni to sign my Clone Wars print. Also hoping to pick up some items at the exhibit hall!

Reaction score

Nice pics DS...Im assuming that's you in BS outfit. Im not a fan with chicks with thats so that Slave Leia all tatted up is definately not my cup of tea...

Reaction score

Finally settling in after a long day. The breakfast this mornig was to cool for words. I even won a Gentle Giant Han on Taun Taun as a door prize! Who ever that kid was that walked away with three prizes (including the George Lucas signed card) the force was strong with him today. Got photos of all the Clone Wars actors, Prowse and Daniels. Best show I have been to ever. Between the talent attending and how well organized it was I can see the trip to Texas becomming a tradition for Fan Days.

Reaction score

One of my pics... had a great day in Plano. Been to all three Fan Days and I think this was the best one yet thanks to having all the CW actors and director there. Loved meeting all of them. Onto the pic... the obligatory Slave Leia:

Reaction score

i did not take too many but here are mine.this was my first fan days so i was doing more lookin around.

Reaction score

I am in serious danger of falling in love with her by the end of the season

Reaction score

Wow! Awesome pics! Mine didn't turn out at great as I hoped but still it was a lot of fun. Can't wait till next year!

Found lots of great deals and items I needed for my collection and it was a blast meeting and finally being bale to put faces to names for a lot of you guys around here.

I can't believe it is all over with for now...I am hoping to make it C-V.

Reaction score

Hey all. First time really online (other than a bit of twitter) since I left. I'm not even close to being ready to post photos, but thought I'd check in.

Everything awesome!! Got my poster signed by the entire clone wars cast including Accord, Wood, Daniels and Filoni. Got Autos from Ray Park, David Prowse, Don Beis and Steve Sansweet.

Wanted to get Mayhew and Bulloch as well, but money ran short. Got some great sketch cards and other art and picked up McQuarrie's Art of and Art of Star Wars books.

Could have bought SO much stuff but was good and didn't look at the figured and toys too much. Besides it was hard to know even where to start unless I was looking for something specific.

It was great seeing everyone most of all! Didn't want it to end. Definitely best con ever!

Reaction score

Fan Days III was a blast! I literally spent all day helping out with the Anthony Daniels autograph line. I only met a few Scummers, but if you remember the guy in the black Star Wars shirt standing next to Anthony and his table, that was me. Nice to meet you.

Anthony was an absolute gentleman and a real joy to spend the day with. All of us who volunteered were allowed one photo and autograph after everyone moved through the line. I picked up one of the tri-picture metallic photos with a personalized signature thanking me for my help today. Again, a really friendly and pleasant guest to spend the day with.

Here's our volunteer team:

And me with Mr. Daniels:

I was also able to nab autographs of a few guests at the end of the day. I managed to get Jeremy Bulloch, Nalini Krishan (Barriss Offee), Anthony Forrest (Fixer), and Chris Muncke (Captain Khurgee). All were really nice and cooperative, even though I was in there right before the Con shut down for the day.

I was also able to meet and hang out with two of the coolest Scummers around: Beek and Potts. It would have been nice to hang out with them more during the day, but the three of us went and grabbed a bite to eat up in Allen after the Con. Lots of good talk and story sharing. Quality Scummers, there. I wish I could've met more Scummers, but there's always C5.

Oh, and MY favorite part of the Con doesn't even need words.

HOT.

Reaction score

Had a great time at the concert and at Fan Days it was great to meet some of you guys this weekend, you really know how to make a girl feel welcome in the autograph club
Really enjoyed sitting with Klaff and Muncke they were a riot!

Me with Matt

Reaction score

Darth_Mahler said:
I was also able to meet and hang out with two of the coolest Scummers around: Beek and Potts. It would have been nice to hang out with them more during the day, but the three of us went and grabbed a bite to eat up in Allen after the Con. Lots of good talk and story sharing. Quality Scummers, there.

Matt - THANKS so much for hauling us around man! MUCH appreciated and so nice to finally meet you as well. Can't wait for CV where we will have lots more time......

Reaction score

It was awesome meeting several 'Scummers as well as a ton of wonderful artists at FDIII. I've only been collecting SW Art for a little while, so knowing that 99% of the artists are friendly and willing to have a chat is really great.

Next year I'm springing for VIP so I can do the sketch cards.

Reaction score

I wish I could have been there with you all

Reaction score

I'm curious... how do you get to see Phillip's collection? I'm always awed by the pics. Is there something to sign up for every year or does he just take friends each year during FD?

Reaction score

Super big thanks to Philip Wise (and Ben) for such a great Con. Very busy, LOTS of costumes this year, it really seemed like everyone was having a great time. I hope the momentum continues for an even bigger and better Fan Days next year.

I had a blast. I spent a good amount of time re-working my Vader costume, then I was so STUPID and didn't get my lifts in properly and was a good 2-3 inches shorter then usual. I was bummed. I didn't realize until after I was all suited up so I just left it.

But I had TONS of kids who were so happy to see Darth Vader and get a picture with him. A mom even had me hold her little baby for a picture.

It was great to see some local costumers and RPF'ers in person. I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted, I was in costume from 11am until about 4pm and my camera was in a pouch on the back of my belt.

On with the pics !

With our very own RPF Landspeeder:

The very sweet Christy as Leia:

The RPF's Mr. Sparkle :

Me and Barbie Fett:

My kids:

One of the two Boba Fett's:

With my buddy Jeff:

A familiar face:

Cool display in the Droid room:

Cute girl Han Solo = awesome and win:

Reaction score

does anyone have an extra filoni card they might part with? need it for a gift for my dad. thanks!

Reaction score

A big thanks to everyone who stopped by the Austin Fan Force table to get raffle tickets for the fully signed FD3 posters. We raised $400 for Ronald McDonald House in Austin TX!

Reaction score

Same here...it is asking for a password.

Reaction score