STAR WARS Fan Days III Countdown

Reaction score
Announcement #32 is up. Preorder autographs. Details are on site.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Details regarding update #32:

Can’t attend Fan Days next month? If not, you can still pre-order or send in your items to be signed by many of our attending actors. Order yours today here.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Update #31 from the Star Wars Fan Days III 40 Story Countdown:

Official Pix is happy to announce the addition of three incredibly talented artists today. Help us welcome Steve Anderson, Tony Harris, and Jason Palmer to Fan Days! Read more here.

Reaction score
Great artists additions!
Will the FD3 sketch cards have the artists names like the FD1 set or be generic like the FD2 versions?

Reaction score
FD3 cards fall in between... On the back, there will be a list of all the participating artists. I just uploaded the details to our artist page... -Ben

Reaction score
benstevens said:
FD3 cards fall in between... On the back, there will be a list of all the participating artists. I just uploaded the details to our artist page... -Ben
Are we just limited to getting the five sketch cards, or can we also commision extra sketch cards on the official cards directly from the artists? If so, will you be sending them out ahead of time to the artists, so we can make arrangements with them? Or, do we have to wait until the show.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Participating artists will get a few extra at the show that are there for you to request upgraded pieces.

Reaction score
Thanks Ben for the update.
Now I have to decide how to use my five blanks.....so many great choices!
The artist lineup is really impressive.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Update #30:

Official Pix is proud to reveal our exclusive 11x17 inch CLONE WARS photograph. This cool piece was put together by our very own attending artist Steve Anderson. This image is available as one of the options for the CLONE WARS discount autograph ticket ( here), and available separately in our store to those who can not attend here.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:

Update #30:

Official Pix is proud to reveal our exclusive 11x17 inch CLONE WARS photograph. This cool piece was put together by our very own attending artist Steve Anderson. This image is available as one of the options for the CLONE WARS discount autograph ticket ( here), and available separately in our store to those who can not attend here.

Why's everyone calling this a photograph? It's definatley not a photograph.

Reaction score
Mainly because it's printed on photographic paper and not a inkjet (giclee) or litho printed piece. -Ben

Reaction score
I mean a bit bigger than that. I'd like to see it with a bit more detail if possible.

Reaction score
benstevens said:
I added an enlarge feature to the item in the store.

-Ben

http://www.officialpix.com/estore/proddetail.asp?prod=ACW%2D11x17%2D01
i don't care what anyone says. i love that pic!!!! it has no clone wars stuff on it. like a real serious pic.

Reaction score
Update #29:

JediOKC (www.jediokc.com) will, for a fifth year, be hosting the Star Wars Fan Days Costume Contest, 5:00pm Saturday, October 24th, 2009. Please check in at the JediOKC club table for last minute information at the show.

More details available on the official FD3 site.

Reaction score
Update #28:

Official Pix is happy to announce the addition of one of TV’s hottest actresses, Hayden Panettiere from NBC’s Heroes. Hayden is appearing at Fan Days on Saturday only.

Details on the official site here.

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:
Update #28:

Official Pix is happy to announce the addition of one of TV’s hottest actresses, Hayden Panettiere from NBC’s Heroes. Hayden is appearing at Fan Days on Saturday only.

I didnt see that one coming. IM not interested in seeing her at all. But the FD shirt is cool

Reaction score
Eric_Geller said:
Update #28:

HECK YEAH!!! I'm in for an an auto for sure!

Reaction score
deathstar1000 said:
Eric_Geller said:
Update #28:

HECK YEAH!!! I'm in for an an auto for sure!

How awesome would that be to get her to come to the breakfast??? LOL

Reaction score
Ben the site says:

A special Fan Days $30.00 autograph ticket will be available at the show in limited quantities for Hayden as well as a ticketed photo-op. Stay tuned for more details.

Does that mean no online preorder?

That kind of worries me since I'll be trooping and I don't want to miss out.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Update #27:

The Dented Helmet (TDH) are displaying two full sized costumes, of Boba Fett and Jango Fett, as well as TDH members in costume and additional staff on-hand to answer questions for anyone interested in building their very own bounty hunter from the Star Wars Star Wars universe! Stop by and see them in our Prop Replica Room!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Update #26:

Think you know STAR WARS? Think again! Join the Austin Fan Force for yet another offbeat TRIVIA CHALLENGE with prizes galore! This year we'll have CLONE WARS trivia for kids and ultra-hard general trivia for adults!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Update #25:

Without a doubt, convention fans, young and old alike, have always been captivated by the mystery, magic, and variety of the “droid” room. A place where fantasy HAS become reality! In the droid room you will not only see fully functioning droids but you will also get to see what they look like in various stages of construction and what they are made out of. The results will surprise a lot of you! In the room you should expect to see various R2 units, battle droid, pit droid, C-3PO and even Mouse Droids. You can learn about the global R2 Builders Club at www.astromech.net, the official site of the R2-D2 Builders Club.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Update #24:

Our Fan Day III event schedule has been posted here. Look for more info on the schedule in the weeks to come.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Update #23:

The Art of Ralph McQuarrie is coming to Fan Days 3. This marks the first ever Art Exhibit from the archives of Ralph McQuarrie with art that has never been seen by the public. Selected pieces of original drawings and paintings from his 50 years of work will be presented in the exhibit. Besides the original Star Wars Trilogy, Ralph has worked on many film and T.V. projects as well as book covers, film posters and theme park rides. Don’t miss out this special exhibit of original art, concept drawings from Star Wars, The Empire Strike Back and other projects by Ralph McQuarrie.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Update #22:

Shane Turgeon is the creator of www.tattoosandtoys.com, the web's definitive home for Star Wars tattoos, and the author of "The Force in the Flesh". He's also a Rebelscum staff member and a longtime vintage Star Wars collector, primarily focusing on prototypes and preproduction items, Canadian collectibles, and Droids and Ewoks animation and collectibles. Shane will have copies of his book available at a special Fan Days price of $50.00.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Update #21:

You'll want to check out the auction event Saturday hosted by Steve Sansweet. Steve will be bringing a number of Skywalker Ranch goodies you can only get out at Lucasfilm's company store and maybe even some unique items from Lucasfilm marketing and licensing. Net proceeds for these items will benefit the official show charity, The PKD Foundation. Read all about the auction here.

Reaction score
I thought the exact same thing!!!! My jaw hit the floor and then I started reading...

cool announcent, but the image made me think GL would be there

Reaction score
I read it through twice to make sure that I didnt miss some major announcement that ol' George was coming.