STAR WARS Fan Days III Countdown

Reaction score
Hey guys,

We are starting the countdown to Fan Days III today. Check out our first news story here!

-Ben

Reaction score
Sweet! Captain Rex!

Hmm, I might want to get a CW poster to get them all to sign...

Reaction score
I shall be tweeting links to the 40 stories in 40 days countdown when I get home. Everyone do the same with #fandays3 at the end, let's see if we can get it into the top trending topics!

Reaction score
I wish Ben had an RSS feed for the FD3 announcements. Then I could subscribe to updates instead of checking the website intermittently.

Reaction score
I was not on the guest list but I believe last year an invitation only party followed the first night of the show.

Reaction score
Ben dais in the next week he will have "a couple" OT signers announced. Looks like just 2-3 OT signers and possibly Anthony Daniels just on Saturday.

Hopefully that means he still has quiet a few prequel names to announce, or even better, would love to see a few more behind the scenes people (Ben Burrt perhaps!?)

Reaction score
We actually had Burt and lost him before he could confirm. He took a sound gig that conflicted with the date. We have asked if one day might be possible, but likely not. He is signing a bunch of stuff for OPX though that we will likely offer first at Fan Days.... Some very cool BTS stuff from EP4 and 5.

Reaction score
I know we had decided on a twitter hastage #fandays3 but as far as I know that's it.

Thanks for the info re: Ben Burt

Reaction score
In case anyone didn't know, James Arnold Taylor was also the voice of Plo Kloon, and Dee also did the voice of Rodian Onaconda Farr (Bombad Jedi).

Here's hoping Ben gets some villains from CW! Can't have Matt Wood and Jaime King outnumbered!

Corey Burton would be a hell of a score, since he does Dooku, Bane, and Ziro!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
#37: Everyone’s favorite Clone Wars baddie joins Fan Days III. Nika Futterman voice of Asajj Ventress in coming!

Reaction score
Question: Since the TCW Autograph Combo Ticket mentions that you get seven signatures for one low price, does that mean we aren't getting an eighth or ninth TCW guest?

Reaction score
That just means, that's all the folks included in the ticket... We have Jaime King, and a couple others not yet mentioned coming that will be doing business as usual transactions at the show.

-Ben

Reaction score
benstevens said:
That just means, that's all the folks included in the ticket... We have Jaime King, and a couple others not yet mentioned coming that will be doing business as usual transactions at the show.

-Ben
Okay, good to know. My main worry was that new guests would be added and the ticket would be revised (and repriced), so early birds might lose out. But I can see that's not the case.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
#36: We are happy to announce Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) from all six STAR WARS films, and voice of C-3PO on TV’s Clone Wars, will be appearing at Fan Days on Saturday.

Due to Anthony’s limited signing schedule at Fan Day on Saturday, we anticipate only VIP & SpeedPass customers will have access to his autograph table.

Reaction score
will daniels be there to add his name to the poster? also, are there going to be cards of him (clone wars or regular)?

Reaction score
With Daniels there, my wallet just ran out of the house. I have so many things that I want him to sign. No eating in October for me. I need to use that money at Fan Days.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Update #35:

Official Pix is proud to announce the two newest Fan Days autograph guests: Skywalker Sound talents Matthew Wood and David Acord. In addition to their work on Revenge of the Sith, Matthew and David have both done extensive work on the TV series STAR WARS: The Clone Wars. Help us welcome them both back to Fan Days!

Reaction score
To be honest,
the list is just amazing ! Happy to cross the oceans to attend !

Reaction score
Chris_Luby said:
Dang, seriously this is fantastic. and still 34 more announcements to go!
Ben said the first 10 days would be mostly autos, so after that we'll see a decline in autos.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice comments. Right now just one more guest confirmed and one pending invite. The balance of the news stories will concentrate on artist, programming, OPX offerings, etc. I wanted to get the actors up first instead of spreading them out so you guys can have a chance to prepare the photos you want, get the pre-sale ready, etc.

-Ben

Reaction score
I am looking forward to more artists!
Hopefully there will be some detail on the sketch cards before the show and what will be in the VIP set. Would love to see artist specific cards like FD1 and enough cards to get one quickie from all of the artists that are participating.

I have my VIP purchase, SW Concert tickets, Breakfast tickets and the Clone Wars group buy....this thing is getting expensive but its all so cool that I can not pass on anything either.

Is the last guest a major one?

Reaction score
benstevens said:
Thanks for all the nice comments. Right now just one more guest confirmed and one pending invite. The balance of the news stories will concentrate on artist, programming, OPX offerings, etc. I wanted to get the actors up first instead of spreading them out so you guys can have a chance to prepare the photos you want, get the pre-sale ready, etc.

-Ben
Thanks for the update Ben.

Reaction score
benstevens said:

-Ben
So after these possible other 2 actors, that'll be it, right?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Update #34

Season Two of Star Wars: The Clone Wars features the rise of the Bounty Hunters…and so much more. Lucasfilm’s Steve Sansweet lifts the curtain a bit more on the continuing hit animated series on Cartoon Network and the imminent release of the Season One boxed DVD and Blu-ray sets. Plus, the countdown continues towards the launch of the mighty new MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic as well as other games from LucasArts. What’s ahead for Star Wars over the next several years? Plenty! Come and hear about it from an insider’s perspective.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Ben! Looking forward to ALL the news. Can't wait!!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Update #33:

You would be hard pressed to find another actor who has worn more masks in the STAR WARS series then british actor Jerome Blake whose credits include Rune Haako, Oppo Rancisis, Mas Ameeda, Orn Free Taa, Mik Regrap, Horox Ryyder, and Graxol Kelvyyn! Make sure you stop by and give Jerome a nice big Fan Days welcome!

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
Update #34

Season Two of Star Wars: The Clone Wars features the rise of the Bounty Hunters…and so much more. Lucasfilm’s Steve Sansweet lifts the curtain a bit more on the continuing hit animated series on Cartoon Network and the imminent release of the Season One boxed DVD and Blu-ray sets. Plus, the countdown continues towards the launch of the mighty new MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic as well as other games from LucasArts. What’s ahead for Star Wars over the next several years? Plenty! Come and hear about it from an insider’s perspective.
Gonna be interesting to hear what Sansweet has to say about TCW S2, given that we will be 4 episodes into the season before his panel is held.

Reaction score
I was hoping for a good OT guest to be announced. Blake is a great guy, but he does a lot of shows. I think he was the last guest besides maybe one more addition. Hopefully that other addition will be Hamill. Otherwise I won't be adding too much to my posters on this trip.

Reaction score
I don't claim to be an expert on guests but last year would you say that

Al Lampert
Robert Watts
Leeanna Walsman
Jack McKenzie

Were all rarer guests (don't sign at tons of shows)? Looking at this years guests, who would you say is on the rare side?

Reaction score
Don Bies doesnt sign TTM anymore
Hugh Quarshie and Phil Eason dont pop up too many times but they do do TTM.

Id say those are 3 atleast in my eyes.