TLJ Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Reaction score
Again, NOT HAN'S GHOST!

A representation of Han, in his mind, that he's talking to. Which people who have suffered loss actually have experience with in real life. Like me. So, by proxy, saying that Ben "talking" to Han is dumb, is the same as calling me dumb for asking my "mom's" advice.
I could be wrong, but I think @CellBlock1138 means Han being a ghost (which Han is not) is what he thinks is dumb. And if that was the case, I would agree 100%. At least that's how I perceived it. I also think it's mentioned in the film that Han is there as a memory of Ben's, or something close to that.

Reaction score
It isn't a problem. All opinions are welcome. (There will be a personal choice though where discussion becomes droning, whining or spamming.)
It doesn't sound like it.

It is a question of value. You are parroting second hand information that you have obviously gotten parts wrong. Imagine how much you would want to discuss SW if the other person started out, "Luke was a Sith and the Force is evil". Does that sound fun for you? (Every sentence you wrote in post 1751 is wrong. It was a waste of time reading it. Had you actually seen the movie, you would realize how wrong it was.)
I don't need to have speculation either valued or validated. Posters should be free to speculate on anything they wish. There are entire threads on this board that are nothing but speculation. Maybe the site should nuke the Obi-Wan TV show thread. They haven't even fully cast that yet and there are people talking about it.

As for getting "parts wrong", that doesn't really matter does it. If something is wrong, it can be corrected, just as it was. It's just a speculation based on what one hears. So Han's apparition isn't a Force Ghost, like I heard discussed by people who'd seen the film. It's still a vision, ghost, apparition or whatever. That scenario still sounds dumb. Turning Kylo into some half assed Ebenezer Scrooge doesn't sound good on any level.

Besides, even if I was wrong about him being a Force Ghost, so what? It's not like I punched a baby or anything.

Words matter. You stated that "I haven't made any comments on whether I like or dislike 'The Rise of Skywalker", but you use words like crap, dumb, junk, and "threw up" in your last few posts. Many people will (wrongly or correctly) infer that you don't like, or really hate it.
If something sounds bad, it sounds bad and an awful lot of 'The Rise of Skywalker' sounds bad. But given how awful the sequel trilogy has been so far, I can't say that I am too surprised either.

As to people conjuring up an inference on whether I like the film or not, that is the reason why I stated that I haven't seen it yet.

However, I can still make a comment on whether a given scene sounds like a good idea or not. There's nothing wrong with this.

People that have actually seen the movie have said the exact things you have. I respect what they say even if I might not agree.
I have no reason to respect anything that comes from ignorance though.
Nobody is asking for your respect.

However, again, one should be free to make speculative posts on what they have heard. If those speculations are wrong, then so be it.

You also don't see the difference between calling someone dumb and calling someone dumb by association. The first is blatant while the second is only implied. Many of the fights that happen here start by someone making a broad assertion and then they are surprised when someone takes it personally. I'm not saying that is correct or fair at times, but it natural that it happens.
Let me make this clear to you and the oversensitive poster in question.

I didn't call anyone dumb, either directly or "by association".

I said that the scene sounds kind of dumb. Whether Solo is a Force Ghost, an apparition, a figment of Kylo's imagination or whatever.

Say what you want. Be prepared though, that if you speak from ignorance, people will think you are ignorant. If your words are unkind, you will be treated the same way.
I haven't said any "unkind" words.

Reaction score
Again, NOT HAN'S GHOST!

A representation of Han, in his mind, that he's talking to. Which people who have suffered loss actually have experience with in real life. Like me. So, by proxy, saying that Ben "talking" to Han is dumb, is the same as calling me dumb for asking my "mom's" advice.
It's not even remotely the same.

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I think @CellBlock1138 means Han being a ghost (which Han is not) is what he thinks is dumb. And if that was the case, I would agree 100%. At least that's how I perceived it. I also think it's mentioned in the film that Han is there as a memory of Ben's, or something close to that.
You're not wrong. I think Force Ghosts are a silly addition to Star Wars anyway and only exist because George wanted to retcon a situation he wrote himself into in the first place., re: Luke's daddy.

And even if Solo is an apparition and not a full on qualified FG, it still sounds like a very badly written scene.

I had the entire film voluntarily spoilt, so I know how that scene plays out, what's said in it and I have seen stills. So, there's nothing to suggest that watching the scene is going to miraculously change my mind 180 degrees on my speculative opinion.

Stranger things have happened though. 😄

Reaction score
You're not wrong. I think Force Ghosts are a silly addition to Star Wars anyway and only exist because George wanted to retcon a situation he wrote himself into in the first place., re: Luke's daddy.

And even if Solo is an apparition and not a full on qualified FG, it still sounds like a very badly written scene.

I had the entire film voluntarily spoilt, so I know how that scene plays out, what's said in it and I have seen stills. So, there's nothing to suggest that watching the scene is going to miraculously change my mind 180 degrees on my speculative opinion.

Stranger things have happened though. 😄
It's an odd scene anyway, because Han is there, it really looks like he is really there, out of nowhere. No force ghost blue, no transparency, no hint except for dialogue and "common sense". It did feel like they should have made some kind of effect to his presence - if I had not known of the spoiler I would have been confused for a second or two in the cinema as to what Han Solo was doing there at that moment all of a sudden.

Reaction score
It's an odd scene anyway, because Han is there, it really looks like he is really there, out of nowhere. No force ghost blue, no transparency, no hint except for dialogue and "common sense". It did feel like they should have made some kind of effect to his presence - if I had not known of the spoiler I would have been confused for a second or two in the cinema as to what Han Solo was doing there at that moment all of a sudden.
My buddies who saw the film said pretty much the same. They said it comes out of nowhere, after Rey "force heals" Kylo on the ruins of the Death Star and Leia dies from a voice message or something.

God, that entire sentence just sounds awful to me.

But, who knows. Maybe in the film it's actually great. 🤩

Reaction score
My buddies who saw the film said pretty much the same. They said it comes out of nowhere, after Rey "force heals" Kylo on the ruins of the Death Star and Leia dies from a voice message or something.

God, that entire sentence just sounds awful to me.

But, who knows. Maybe in the film it's actually great. 🤩
Yes, Rey is
  Spoiler:  
about to lose - which in itself is unbelievable - and Leia is calling out through the Force to Ben, he get's distracted, Rey impales him through his abdomen right side circa, then force heals him, steals his Tie Fighter and flies away, then comes ol' man Solo. Oh and Leia dies from overdosing on the Force from that.

Utinniii

Reaction score
@CellBlock1138

I understand the issues. You don't distinguish between fact, opinion and speculation.

Nobody needs to punch babies or "nuke" anything so don't worry.

Obi Wan is an unknown, so only speculation is possible. There is value in speculation. Speculating about something where the premise is wrong is a waste of time for everybody concerned. So yeah, I agree whole heartedly with you. Force ghost Han is a dumb idea. JJ would probably agree with you. He even added a line emphatically saying that wasn't the case.

Opinions are subjective. There can be no right or wrong answer. Not all opinions are of equal worth though. I hope you understand that.

Facts are out there and are proven. It isn't speculation that Han was a Force Ghost. It is just wrong information. (I'm using that example because you understand it was wrong.)

Everything I said in all my posts above was done in good faith with only the intention of bettering the conversation. Take is as you will.

Reaction score
While this is the TLJ thread and not the TROS thread, I'd like to weigh in here. I saw the movie and loved it, but I went in spoiler free, only having seen the the trailers. I avoided the leaks like the plague but, had I read or heard them ahead of time, I would probably feel the same as CellBlock1138. On paper, or second hand, a lot of this stuff (like Han appearing) sound ridiculous...but in the context of the film itself are not. Heck, Han's appearance was one of my favorite parts of the film. I know if someone had told me the plot of the film ahead of time, I would have rolled my eyes at a lot of it. I guess the real question is, had I read the leaks before seeing the film, would I have still enjoyed it or would my opinion going in be "tainted"?

Reaction score
@CellBlock1138

I understand the issues. You don't distinguish between fact, opinion and speculation.
Of course I do, don't be silly.

I specifically stated that I hadn't the film yet. That's making as big a distinction as you can.

I am merely going on what I have heard, seen and read so far. If I have heard, seen and read the wrong info, then there it is. But I, and others, can still comment on what we've heard.

Opinions are subjective.
I have never said otherwise.

Reaction score
What month is it? It's December, right? Possibly January, depending on what part of the world you're in?

Because for a minute, I could have sworn it was one of the months that fall between July and November. But that would be ridiculous, wouldn't it?

Reaction score
What month is it? It's December, right? Possibly January, depending on what part of the world you're in?

Because for a minute, I could have sworn it was one of the months that fall between July and November. But that would be ridiculous, wouldn't it?
Not as ridiculous as the post you just wrote. ;)

In addition, it's nowhere near exemplary of what's being discussed. I made a comment about Han's Force Ghost being silly. It was corrected and stated that it wasn't Force Ghost, but an apparition of some sort appearing to Kylo Ren...

...which I still think sounds silly.

That's it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not as ridiculous as the post you just wrote. ;)

In addition, it's nowhere near exemplary of what's being discussed. I made a comment about Han's Force Ghost being silly. It was corrected and stated that it wasn't Force Ghost, but an apparition of some sort appearing to Kylo Ren...

...which I still think sounds silly.

That's it.
And you still don't get it. It's not an "apparition". It's just a visual representation of what's going on in Ben's head. There is absolutely nothing spectral/ghostly/supernatural about it at all. Let's use another example to see if you can finally wrap your head around the concept.

In Spider-Man 2, when Peter is "talking" to Uncle Ben he's not a "ghost", he's in Pete's head. This is the exact same thing they were doing with Ben & Han. Do you get how you are wrong now?

Reaction score
it also happens in one of the Superman movies: Henry Cavill is alone on the top of a mountain and he sees Kevin Costner... they have a conversation... then Kevin Costner suddenly disappears again. (silly? maybe).

at any rate, the use of 'ghosts-as-vehicles-for-exposition' was not invented by George Lucas. I'm pretty sure that guy was Shakespeare. (so even if JJ broke "GL's rules" regarding force ghosts, he didn't actually break the rules of "theater").

Han's Appearance in ROS is consistent with Shakespeare (and every movie ever made) -- I'll allow it. :p LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
And you still don't get it. It's not an "apparition". It's just a visual representation of what's going on in Ben's head. There is absolutely nothing spectral/ghostly/supernatural about it at all. Let's use another example to see if you can finally wrap your head around the concept.

In Spider-Man 2, when Peter is "talking" to Uncle Ben he's not a "ghost", he's in Pete's head. This is the exact same thing they were doing with Ben & Han. Do you get how you are wrong now?
It still sounds dumb.

BTW...

apparition
/apəˈrɪʃ(ə)n

noun
noun: apparition; plural noun: apparitions
  1. a ghost or ghostlike image of a person.
    "a headless apparition"
a remarkable or unexpected appearance of someone or something.
"an apparition of the Virgin Mary"

Why are people losing their **** over this?

Happy New Year.

😄

Reaction score
It still sounds dumb.

BTW...

apparition
/apəˈrɪʃ(ə)n

noun
noun: apparition; plural noun: apparitions
  1. a ghost or ghostlike image of a person.
    "a headless apparition"
a remarkable or unexpected appearance of someone or something.
"an apparition of the Virgin Mary"

Why are people losing their **** over this?

Happy New Year.

😄
Because you are simply can't get it through your head that he isn't actually "appearing" there in the movie. It's a visual representation of a conversation in Ben's head. No one else would have "seen" Han, because there was nothing to actually see. Hence, no "ghost/apparition/etc." You don't seem to remotely understand this concept and apparently have no intention of even trying to. So let's just leave it at that.

Reaction score
Because you are simply can't get it through your head that he isn't actually "appearing" there in the movie. It's a visual representation of a conversation in Ben's head. No one else would have "seen" Han, because there was nothing to actually see. Hence, no "ghost/apparition/etc." You don't seem to remotely understand this concept and apparently have no intention of even trying to. So let's just leave it at that.
That

Doesn't

Make

It

Sound

Any

Less

Dumb.

Reaction score
I'll only form an opinion after seeing something for myself, personally.

I'll also admit that I enjoyed TROS much more second time and a little less again third and will not be going again.

The only comment I'd make is not to let your opinion be corrupted by leaks or those Fandom Menace lot - some of them are still banging on on about things being terrible despite evidence to the contrary and have exposed their agenda for what it is. This thread appears to have devolved to that level (but I don't think you're right about you-know-what Lister - it's just a similar thing).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought it was rather clear that Han isn't a force ghost or some specter but rather just something hundreds of films do, an artistic visualization for the audience to illustrate the internalized thoughts, memories, and then the conversation Kylo is having within his head. You edit that out...and Kylo would literally be just standing there and then throw his saber away. There's no context. It's much like how, if you've ever seen the youtube experiment, scenes with their score and then scenes with their themes removed. Without them, they just feel bland. It also states that, because Ben is remember Han, the dialogue literally mirroring the very scene in The Force Awakens, that that moment (killing his own father) is the moment that both he fully embraced the dark side and is the most haunting mistake and definitive moment of his life up to that point.

I can't deny, however, seeing him at first, for a split second, was jarring. But I quickly realized what was actually going on and came to think perhaps what was most jarring was actually just they somehow managed to get Harrison "I hate SW" Ford back...again...that is achieving a miracle. A very expensive miracle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That

Doesn't

Make

It

Sound

Any

Less

Dumb.
Han’s “appearance” is the least silly of this entire stupidity thinly-masquerading as a “movie”.

I’d highly recommend you experience ROS… If for no other reason than it’s a complete trolling “experience” from start to finish that absolutely validates your posts. It’s the Macarena as a SW “movie”. I kid you not.

It’s a hilarious, lazy marathon of awfulness where Rey easily overcomes any circumstances immediately. Not a single scene makes any logical and reasonable sense. There’s not a single moment where the story is allowed to breathe and evolve naturally: It simply rushes the audience through one flat, bland action set to another of contrivances— with insufferable and utterly pointless callbacks to the OT. Everything onscreen just looks and feels like nothing more than the promo for a SW “experience” them park ride. I don’t believe that even as weak a creative as JJ is, that this stupid mess is the best he can conjure up: The unadulterated dumbing down is deliberate: No writer is that incompetent. Seems like they know this Sequel isn’t worth investing in the long run, so they decided to invest in the long term of promoting their theme parks. The “story" beat structures are so similar to a mechanical, theme park ride sequence. It’s why I will use the term “experience” rather than “watch” ROS.

Reaction score
  Spoiler:  
Considering Palpatine's scheme in this film, I'm left to assume Snoke went rogue because he tried to kill Rey, which would've denied Palpatine a body to inhabit. The only reason he'd do this is to prevent Palpatine's resurrection, betraying his creator. Deny Palpatine the body of his granddaughter to soul jump into, and then let the old fart die off, and he'd be the most powerful Dark Side user in the universe. Which fits in with Dark Siders always stabbing each other in the back.

Also, does Snoke being genetically engineered by Palpatine make him Rey's uncle...? Even if Snoke was emphatically not made using any DNA from Palpatine, he's still, in the Frankensteinian sense, Palpatine's son and therefore Rey's uncle. Meaning Palpatine had his son and daughter-in-law murdered and planned to body surf into his granddaughter, whilst his lab-engineered "son" planned to kill his "niece" to usurp his "father."

Quoth Mayfeld: "Nice family..."

Reaction score
Han’s “appearance” is the least silly of this entire stupidity thinly-masquerading as a “movie”.
It probably is. But it still sounds wretched. It's comes across as a cheap bit of fake emotion put there just to give Kylo a "reason" (after Leia dies leaving him a Force voice message) to turn to the light for the last third of the movie, thus conveniently wiping out all the genocidal, rampaging, maniacal, psychopathy that came before. And Reylo shipper idiots can also get their kiss too. :rolleyes:

I’d highly recommend you experience ROS… If for no other reason than it’s a complete trolling “experience” from start to finish that absolutely validates your posts. It’s the Macarena as a SW “movie”. I kid you not.
There's a cam version of this floating around the web. I might give that a watch tonight just to see if all these potentially awful elements can actually come together in a somewhat coherent form on the screen. But, I am loath to give Mickey Mouse any more of my hard earned for these sequel films. Considering that I've been burned twice now by the series so far and I have zero faith in JJ Abrams as a film maker. So paying to be burned again isn't at the top of my list of priorities.

It’s a hilarious, lazy marathon of awfulness where Rey easily overcomes any circumstances immediately. Not a single scene makes any logical and reasonable sense. There’s not a single moment where the story is allowed to breathe and evolve naturally: It simply rushes the audience through one flat, bland action set to another of contrivances— with insufferable and utterly pointless callbacks to the OT. Everything onscreen just looks and feels like nothing more than the promo for a SW “experience” them park ride. I don’t believe that even as weak a creative as JJ is, that this stupid mess is the best he can conjure up: The unadulterated dumbing down is deliberate: No writer is that incompetent. Seems like they know this Sequel isn’t worth investing in the long run, so they decided to invest in the long term of promoting their theme parks. The “story" beat structures are so similar to a mechanical, theme park ride sequence. It’s why I will use the term “experience” rather than “watch” ROS.
See, the above just makes me even less to want to pay to see it.

Besides, it's been thoroughly spoilt for me, as I have read numerous reviews and breakdowns in the last fortnight since its release. So, I'd be going just to tick off scenes and to see if they are as bad on screen as they sound.

But everything you say above is just indicative of JJ Abrams' "directing" style. Fast moving expository dialogue flashes, interspersed with swishy actions sequences and layered with empty nostalgia thrown at an unquestioning audience, like Chewie getting a Battle of Yavin medal he never asked for, 30+ years after the event. FFS :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hysterical! Freaking hillarious! Oh my master, tell us how awful it is. You know all! I mean easy to debate some, but you sure, Farmer, you wanna do toe to toe with me? Promise you you'll be farming something...

Dirt. Don't imply anyone who likes it is an idiot, because l will school you in the same way a bad harvest wounds a farmer. You'll starve for replies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One thing I didn't take in upon first viewing (and initially decried, in error, as being silly but now retract) was Chewie's medal.

Why? It's Han's - held by Leia in her dying clutches and taken from the corpse by Maz Kanata and passed on to Chewie. It's pretty deep.

But then I stupidly paid to see it (in effect, because I have an annual pass). More fool me when I could have just listened to Doomcock or JohnTalks instead to make my opinion for me.

Reaction score
One thing I didn't take in upon first viewing (and initially decried, in error, as being silly but now retract) was Chewie's medal.

Why? It's Han's - held by Leia in her dying clutches and taken from the corpse by Maz Kanata and passed on to Chewie. It's pretty deep.

But then I stupidly paid to see it (in effect, because I have an annual pass). More fool me when I could have just listened to Doomcock or JohnTalks instead to make my opinion for me.
I thought it made sense. I am fine with fan service as long as it is logical. I saw logic in Chewie getting the medal now that Han and Leia passed.

Reaction score
Hysterical! Freaking hillarious! Oh my master, tell us how awful it is. You know all! I mean easy to debate some, but you sure, Farmer, you wanna do toe to toe with me? Promise you you'll be farming something...

Dirt. Don't imply anyone who likes it is an idiot, because l will school you in the same way a bad harvest wounds a farmer.
Sounds like you wanna fight vs discuss the merits of the film or lack there of.

I also don't see any implications from farmer about those liking the film equating to them being an idiot. Just reasons on why he doesnt like it. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe you're looking for something that isn't really there?

On a personal note, I do not trust anyones opinion regarding SW if they like Di$ney $tar War$ but not the PT. That goes for my best bud of 28 years...and he knows it. I tell him all the time and he's still my best friend.

Reaction score
Sounds like you wanna fight vs discuss the merits of the film or lack there of.

I also don't see any implications from farmer about those liking the film equating to them being an idiot. Just reasons on why he doesnt like it. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe you're looking for something that isn't really there?

On a personal note, I do not trust anyones opinion regarding SW if they like Di$ney $tar War$ but not the PT. That goes for my best bud of 28 years...and he knows it. I tell him all the time and he's still my best friend.
Call it a joust, not a fight. I'm civil. But maybe I do want one? I took it as implied we must all be morons for liking it, which such passionate disgust he put toward said film. If someone will be so cocky, then I'll be. And I will say, all due respect, yeah, I do personally prefer, by far, Disney SW over the PT, but I am glad to hear that you can befriend people who you disagree with, as I can.

I'm sorry, a bit of my dark side temper came out, I apologize. I will behave. Been a while since I've gone there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
such passionate disgust he put toward said film
Very similar to the passion you had praising the film for which I applauded you for (even though I disagreed).

Hey, I get it. We're all here because we have some connection to some part of SW and we will defend what we find dear to us like a little brother. I just think we some times have a hard time separating liking/not liking a movie vs liking/not liking a person because they like/don't like said movie. We need to keep in mind they are typically mutually exclusive.

Reaction score
Very similar to the passion you had praising the film for which I applauded you for (even though I disagreed).

Hey, I get it. We're all here because we have some connection to some part of SW and we will defend what we find dear to us like a little brother. I just think we some times have a hard time separating liking/not liking a movie vs liking/not liking a person because they like/don't like said movie. We need to keep in mind they are typically mutually exclusive.
That is VERY well said, my friend, very well said. Much love to you and the fandom at large.

Reaction score

This is well said, BobaFatt. I agree wholeheartedly. (y)

I think the problem Mysterio is getting at is how strongly worded farmer's post is. If you were someone who enjoyed TROS, and then you come here and read farmer's post, it comes across as very nasty and there's no way you can't feel like he's directly taking a shot at your intelligence. He could've worded it much differently, as to not come across so nasty.

Reaction score
That is VERY well said, my friend, very well said. Much love to you and the fandom at large.
Thank you

I will tell you this. I would much like to read a healthy debate between you and farmer. I've been reading his posts for years and he is usually very articulate, balanced, and brings up interesting points. Not unlike you.

Truth be told, my personal views and feelings tend to lean more towards farmers, but I like hearing all sides.

I'm particularly interested in hearing more of farmers opinions because he normally is pretty balanced in voicing what he liked and disliked with any particular film.

I know he wasn't a fan of TLJ but would often comment on what he did like. Likewise, he liked many parts of TPM, but would still openly admit to it's shortcomings.

The fact that he seems so lopsided on ROS has me really curious about all his reasoning.

Please joust away! I think we'll all benefit from it.

@farmer @MysterioMaximus

Reaction score
Thank you

I will tell you this. I would much like to read a healthy debate between you and farmer. I've been reading his posts for years and he is usually very articulate, balanced, and brings up interesting points. Not unlike you.

Truth be told, my personal views and feelings tend to lean more towards farmers, but I like hearing all sides.

I'm particularly interested in hearing more of farmers opinions because he normally is pretty balanced in voicing what he liked and disliked with any particular film.

I know he wasn't a fan of TLJ but would often comment on what he did like. Likewise, he liked many parts of TPM, but would still openly admit to it's shortcomings.

The fact that he seems so lopsided on ROS has me really curious about all his reasoning.

Please joust away! I think we'll all benefit from it.

@farmer @MysterioMaximus
I like that.....perhaps we can achieve a true balance in the fandom. I feel a level of almost pressure now. Where we can find things we both love and hate about the franchise....say it....and not hate each other. I hate it depends on us two biggest writers. I also kinda love it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But everything you say above is just indicative of JJ Abrams' "directing" style. Fast moving expository dialogue flashes, interspersed with swishy actions sequences and layered with empty nostalgia thrown at an unquestioning audience, like Chewie getting a Battle of Yavin medal he never asked for, 30+ years after the event. FFS :ROFLMAO:
While true that “witnessing” this mess doesn’t necessarily improve what’s already spoiled and what's already leaked, it does provide the necessary visual context that will either have you being more forgiving of the mess (because there are a lot of OT references/callbacks that could ease the blow of dumbness)— or, in my case, find it even more nonsensical with its resemblance to an overstuffed diorama.

Frankly, the action sets aren’t even swishy… It’s not even a good-looking movie; It’s very generic glossy, shiny MCU. The 1st Act of TFA with Rey scrapping away as a scavenger amongst the Imperail shipyard and its subsequent action set of the Falcon chase is admittedly fun and even fresh. TLJ has a handful of genuinely gorgeous shots that stand out as some of the most stylish ones of all SW films. ROS has… absolutely nothing.

I originally thought the Reylo fight on the remains of the DS ll was nice-looking: A lightsaber fight— and it’s a fight, not a duel since Rey is all gangsta and slashes that lightsaber like it’s a bat and she’s beating down Crips, with these colossal waves smashing down and around them and their surroundings. Sounds great— and even looks good on first impression… Until the reference that this is the DS from ROTJ— which apparently still possesses functioning automatic doorways and rather intact after it exploded to smithereens over some 30 years ago… (And this is the scene leading up to the Han “appearance”. Which, I didn’t mind since it really is the least silliest of anything else. Just that it seems so shoehorned in to desperately illicit an emotional reaction and to have Kylo turn against the Dark Side... Kylo never seemed bothered by his father’s murder by his own hands in TFA and TLJ… But suddenly, he’s swayed into a change of heart now. This happens a lot in ROS: Forced emotional moments onto the audience with absolutely no investment and buildup.)

Reaction score
you didn't address me at all. Or perhaps afraid to?

Let's start straight and simple....from the beginnings of Episode 7. What are your issues?

Last edited:
Reaction score
:Sigh: Address what…??? Afraid of what??? That you want to make it personal? Are you capable of not taking bashing towards a Hollywood blockbuster as a personal attack on your own preferences and tastes?? I’ve noticed from quite a few posters that any bashing towards SW is immediately responded with personals attacks… Amusing behaviour... Nowhere in any of my posts do I accuse anyone of being an “idiot” for liking this. You’re the one that's mentioning it. Enjoy whatever you want, I couldn’t care less about your personal preferences and tastes.

Reaction score
:Sigh: Address what…??? Afraid of what??? That you want to make it personal? Are you capable of not taking bashing towards a Hollywood blockbuster as a personal attack on your own preferences and tastes?? I’ve noticed from quite a few posters that any bashing towards SW is immediately responded with personals attacks… Amusing behaviour... Nowhere in any of my posts do I accuse anyone of being an “idiot” for liking this. You’re the one that's mentioning it. Enjoy whatever you want, I couldn’t care less about your personal preferences and tastes.
Oh no, neither could I! I don't care about your personal tastes either, to each their own, but...personal? No! I don't care about your personal life or the limitless of what it doesn't effect the world. What I care about is how hostile you are. Not sure how I personally attacked you. Must I bring your mother into it for you to feel validated? Silliness. I want to discuss, as I believe we are the most almost too analytical, to a debate. Someone who likes the film and someone who didn't! Act like a human as opposed to a lord.