TFA Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

Reaction score
It would have been nicer if they'd left him in a Bacta tank at the end of the film, IMO.

Reaction score
It would have been nicer if they'd left him in a Bacta tank at the end of the film, IMO.
Bacta Tank!?! :| Pffffffff - The Resistance aren't made of credits!

They have to resort to good ole' fashioned medics, 'M.A.S.H.' styles at their base - hence why Chewie gets the personal attention he does, having his arm seen to...

Oh wait - maybe Chewie drank the Bacta tank dry... :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
He would have just soaked a lot of it up, not to mention the spraying of everyone around him and general mess e'd make when shaking himself dry!

Reaction score
Yeah but that would just lead to more complaints about similarities to the OT.
Not if the tank was different, say a square. Or maybe Bacta gel packs. Possibly a different color? Not having it seems unlike star wars, for such a serious injury. Something like that, is just a star wars thing you'd expect to see frequently.

kk1

Reaction score
There was a time gap between when they first arrive and she leaves, he might have been in one and already was out of it.

Reaction score
There was a time gap between when they first arrive and she leaves, he might have been in one and already was out of it.
Exactly!

Also - I wonder if Wookies have an aversion to being seen (publicly) with wet hair... takes the mass out of their physique, and makes them look rather bedraggled! :p

Reaction score
I thought a new style of bacta would be appropriate as well. Just having him lie there seemed odd.

I wonder if we're going to see the injury somehow ... and by that I mean will he get some sort of enhancement? Cyber-something? could be interesting...

Reaction score
If they really needed the kiss they could have done it a few other ways. Like before he was handed over to the med team (on the Falcon perhaps) or even a kiss on hand placed on the glass of the tank? Or keep it as is but just have a shot of him in the tank earlier on maybe. Wouldn't be too OT for my tastes, just simply SW tech that we all know exists in-universe.

Reaction score
a friend of mine sent me a website link to watch it, but that's not my thing, just not a piracy kinda guy.
Someone said the same thing about being able to watch Spectre legally from the comfort of their home somewhere on this site too. Been looking into that, and I haven't found anything.

I'd love to be able to watch TFA at home right now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I first saw TFA, and I saw the elderly nurse tending Chewie, I don't know why, but the first thing that popped into my mind
was that I thought that it would have been a nice nod to Peter Mayhew if they let his wife have that cameo and one-line...

EDIT: and I searched thru the end-credits to find the name of the nurse, and confirmed it wasn't... :-(

Last edited:
Reaction score
That scene did seem odd to me, hoe they just lingered on her for no apparent reason.

I wonder if we're going to see the injury somehow ... and by that I mean will he get some sort of enhancement? Cyber-something? could be interesting...
Yeah, i have to imagine that getting a Lightsaber slash along your spine might be pretty bad. IMO, it's surprising that he didn't lose some organs.

Reaction score
I've seen the movie three times and each time I notice more great Chewie moments. When Finn and Rey are gushing over Han, Finn mentions Han being a war hero and Chewie does this great little shrug as if to say "Yeah he is. But big deal." When Han says "that's not how the Force works," Chewie shakes his head in agreement. I love when he hugs Leia and looks back at Han. I really like that he goes with Rey to find Luke and the look he gives her before they leave is fantastic. This is my favorite portrayal of Chewie in the whole saga.

Reaction score
Does Rey leave Bb8 and R2 behind or does she take either of them with her to Lukes house? I can't remember but I think she leaves them.

Reaction score
Does Rey leave Bb8 and R2 behind or does she take either of them with her to Lukes house? I can't remember but I think she leaves them.
BB-8 presumably goes back to Poe, who he belongs to. Which is awesome in my opinion. I'm glad he didn't just become Rey's because she found him.

Reaction score
Gotta wonder how they are going to keep BB-8 in play now though... If the next movie is with Luke and Rey, where does that leave Poe and BB-8?

Reaction score
I honestly don't care. But I'm pretty sure there will be some space battle involving Poe, and BB-8. They aren't going to introduce a new Droid, surround it with media buzz. Then let him never be seen again.

Reaction score
Gotta wonder how they are going to keep BB-8 in play now though... If the next movie is with Luke and Rey, where does that leave Poe and BB-8?
Like TESB. Luke was with Yoda, while the rest were on their own adventure

Reaction score
Maybe Finn can scream in a high pitched, "comedic" way.

Plus, I bet they high five some more.

Reaction score
Random question for everyone, but I recently watched TFA again on a flight over Easter break and realized it begged the question: How did Rey get her blaster pistol back after Kylo took her captive?

We see her Starkiller Base figure include it, and it's on her belt ala Han with the thigh strap holster when she looks for Luke at the end. I'm just very curious how that ended up back in her possession when she was shown with nothing on the torture chair and ended up grabbing the Stormtrooper blaster during her escape and also pointed said blaster at Kylo during the initial confrontation in the woods.

I get why the blaster would be iconic to keep since Han gave it to her as a gift, which is a very cool moment. But it pisses me off it was just thoughtlessly forwarded to later scenes without any explanation. I mean, Force strong or not, how in the hell would she know where it was being kept to swipe it before she got off the base, or moreover, why that would even be a priority when she already had a blaster rifle in hand. Anyone else notice this or have a problem with it?

Utinniii

Reaction score
You're assuming it is the same gun, not just the same make. The Resistance does (presumably) have an armoury. If she was given a choice of weapons she might very well pick that one because a] she's familiar with it, and b] to honour Han.

The Falcon might have an Armoury as well. Han didn't seem to fussed about giving his weapons away. I don't remember, but is it possible she dropped it and someone picked it up (off screen)?

It is also (slightly) possible that after she left the Interrogation room she passed her stuff on the way out.

Reaction score
How did Han get his blaster back from Vader?

'Nuff said?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Clearly, she realized she left it there after making her escape out of Starkiller Base and called it back to her hand using the Force. Around corners, through troops walking down hallways, and through the garbage compactor.

Similar to Seinfeld's take on the "Magic Loogie": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBz3PqA2Fmc

:p

Reaction score
Blas Tech pistols like Han's theres plenty of them made. Rebels have one, mercenaries, bounty hunters, etc. Han Solo isnt the only person to have a Blas Tech laser gun
Exactly. And I'm sure the pistol he gave Rey might have been just as common. Perhaps he even had a crate of them on the Falcon (as someone above speculated). Point is...no one ever asked. But perhaps that was because this was because it happened pre-internet?

Reaction score
I don't know that it would be iconic. I don't even know why such emphasis was put into it, that was the worst looking blaster I've ever seen in SW. So i wouldn't have made an issue out of keeping anyways, it's like that ugly sweater you get for the Holidays.

Reaction score
Interesting theories all around, I suppose it's just that since Han gave it to her and she's seen with it again, it would seem to me Disney/the director would want to see her with it more after the fact. I'm also assuming someone picked it up for her, like BB-8 since Han and Finn actually saw where she was heading. There would be no reason to go back out into the woods to retrieve the gun. I'm leaning more along the lines of her having the stuff close by in the interrogation room, but it begs the question why Imperials with major procedure would even take that risk.

Reaction score
Actually, while watching it tonight I paid attention this time and realized she does not have this gun until she's leaving the Resistance base. We do not see her with it on Starkiller base (which I thought people were saying she did). The entire time she has a trooper rifle. So it is even more likely she got another just like it (that it was not rare or one of a kind) from either the Falcon or asked for it from the Resistance finding that particular type of gun to hold meaning for her now. I don't think it was either a cheap move by Disney nor a continuity error.

Reaction score
Didn't Han give a rifle to Finn? And wasn't it basically the same style rifle the Resistance troops use (without the stock some have, like Poe's at the start of the film)? Perhaps the spare pistol is another common Resistance one (in addition to the pilot pistols guys like Poe & Ello are shown with in toy form), or maybe there are others in Han's ****nal on the Falcon and she just picked another while they were flying back to D'Qar (even if she didn't carry it off the ship in the landing scene).

As for Han's, clearly he never got it back from Vader, as he was in carbonite for several months. The blaster in ROTJ isn't the same as the one in ESB; it's the same/similar prop to one of the models used in ESB (the Stunt or Hero one, I forget which, with the scope raised up higher on the body of the gun than the other version), but Han just got himself another...just as Luke had one of his own in ESB (which was slightly different from Han's, too, in both Hero & Stunt models).

The bigger issue I have with Han's blasters is when people assume it's the same blaster thru all 4 films. Same model number, yes... but he modifies 'em quite often. TFA's blaster is the first one since ANH to have a long scope again, but probably isn't meant to be the same individual blaster he used in any of the OT films with a new scope. He just favors DL-44s (which makes sense, as all his holsters are designed for them!)