TROS Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - (SPOILERS!!!)

Reaction score
So does anyone think J.J. will actually even bother answering how Maz got Luke/Anakin's saber? Or is it just going to stay left unanswered and become a "She just did" situation?

Reaction score
I hope not.

( Sifo-Dias was a typo ). :p LOL

In early drafts of Attack of the Clones, the name of the Jedi who contacted the Kaminoans was Sido-Dyas, pointing to a likely early conceptual connection to Darth Sidious. However, "Sifo-Dyas" appears in one place, apparently as a typing mistake (as the D and F keys are next to each other on a QWERTY keyboard) that Lucas later preferred to the original name.[11]

In addition, "Sido-Dyas" was originally only a false identity for Sidious—Obi-Wan Kenobi claimed never to have heard of him, and Mace Windu confirmed that there was no Jedi by that name.

Reaction score
I hope not.

( Sifo-Dias was a typo ). :p LOL

You just BLEW MY MIND! I always theorized that the actual intent was that Sifo Dyas was Sidious, originally, sort of like the creepy Goth guy who doesn't have a reflection is named Alucard. Oh! He's not a vampire! Hah! Oh Batman, how did you ever realize that the evil benefactor Jay Oker was THE JOKER? Hm!? Great detective work! It's sooooo cheesy, but I always thought that had to be the intent. It just became SO convoluted. And now you CONFIRMED it for me. I never knew that was ACTUALLY the case!

Reaction score
I didn't really hate TLJ, but this is the least hyped I've ever been for a Star Wars movie in my life. I am enjoying The Mandalorian and am beyond excited for the return of TCW, but I am just so apathetic towards this movie. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Reaction score
So does anyone think J.J. will actually even bother answering how Maz got Luke/Anakin's saber? Or is it just going to stay left unanswered and become a "She just did" situation?
It SHOULD have been addressed in TLJ.

Instead be got some weird scene with Maz as a Ghostbuster settling a labor dispute literally hours after her fortress that she owned for a millennium was destroyed.

Also her interaction with Finn lasted all of like 10 minutes in TFA and there was no indication that she knew or met Poe yet they both thought of her for some reason when they needed a code breaker.

TLJ was a mess.

Reaction score
It SHOULD have been addressed in TLJ.

Instead be got some weird scene with Maz as a Ghostbuster settling a labor dispute literally hours after her fortress that she owned for a millennium was destroyed.

Also her interaction with Finn lasted all of like 10 minutes in TFA and there was no indication that she knew or met Poe yet they both thought of her for some reason when they needed a code breaker.

TLJ was a mess.
Absolutely. Maz should have been a one and done character really, she really had no purpose in TLJ. Literally everything J.J. set up was dismissed.

Who's Snoke? Just some guy who's about to die.

Who are Rey's parents? Alcoholic no-names.

Why is Rey so powerful? Just is.

How did Maz get Anakin/Luke Skywalkers lightsaber? She just did.

How did the First Order rise? They just did.

How does Kylo seem to know Rey? Who cares?

Reaction score
Rey’s parents and A***** ‘s will be known in ROS. It will be a shocker in the worst way (terrible idea and story writing) . I hate what they did. Why is Rey so powerful? The answer to that question will be the same answer as the first.
I can answer the Rey and Kylo question but it will give to much away. There is a giant connection to all of it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Absolutely. Maz should have been a one and done character really, she really had no purpose in TLJ. Literally everything J.J. set up was dismissed.

Who's Snoke? Just some guy who's about to die.

Who are Rey's parents? Alcoholic no-names.

Why is Rey so powerful? Just is.

How did Maz get Anakin/Luke Skywalkers lightsaber? She just did.

How did the First Order rise? They just did.

How does Kylo seem to know Rey? Who cares?

I think you summed that up nicely.

Reaction score
Personally I have no issues with the Rey parents thing, Snoke dying, Rey too powerful stuff. Don't get me wrong I thought TLJ was bad - but Rey having deadbeat parents was the least of it's issues.

Also I'm not gonna kill them yet for Rey being "too powerful". For starters it will be addressed in TROS and secondly...so what if she's powerful? Luke was powerful early on and so was Anakin. It took a couple movies for us to find out why they were so powerful. We don't know the full extent of Rey's story yet so it's hard to judge her Force until the story is told. I'd rather try and work out how a woman who never left a planet full of sand was able to swim so easily when she fell in that cave lol

Reaction score
I'd rather try and work out how a woman who never left a planet full of sand was able to swim so easily when she fell in that cave lol
This is really my #1 question of the whole ST, but I figure it will never get answered anywhere.

Reaction score
I didn't really hate TLJ, but this is the least hyped I've ever been for a Star Wars movie in my life. I am enjoying The Mandalorian and am beyond excited for the return of TCW, but I am just so apathetic towards this movie. I hope I am pleasantly surprised.
I was just thinking this the other day when planning the trip with friends. That out of all the movies, I have zero expectations and am going just to see it closed out. I haev to go se it at Theaters, it's STAR WARS! But I have no excitement for it whatsoever. Definitely nothing like I did for the PT, or for TFA for that matter. The only reason i was hopeful for TLJ was because it wasn't JJ. And I thought we would get something different. . . .

Reaction score
If this rumored ending is true I'm probably going to throw up right there in the theatre :sick: and then have to take a sick day.

Reaction score
If this rumored ending is true I'm probably going to throw up right there in the theatre :sick: and then have to take a sick day.
The rumored ending I read sounded like super sappy fan service and absolutely fantastic. I hope it is exactly how I read it.

Reaction score
The rumored ending I read sounded like super sappy fan service and absolutely fantastic. I hope it is exactly how I read it.
I've read 3 possible endings and I know which one each of you are talking about.
None of them will save the Disney Trilogy though.

Reaction score
I think as time goes on more stuff like this will come out and with more honesty

Agreed. I mean when you look at it, I'd noticed some more casual comments John made that were...interesting as to what his true feelings may be. This is probably the most open he's been about it. But when you're promoting a film and are more so one of the newer characters, you don't really get diplomatic immunity when delivering blunt honesty on what you personally feel about the film. When it's a trilogy, it takes even longer before you kind of feel within that safety zone to finally say, "Yeah, to be honest, I didn't like *such and such*" It may take years, heck, a decade, before he's utterly honest. And I mean, I get it. Imagine I walked into work tomorrow and told my boss and just the world on public television what I really think? Temporary anonymity of your actual opinion is just part of the gig. Well...if you care to keep working. It's also against his own self-interest to bash a project he's worked on BEFORE it's out. After all, of course he wants it to do well, even if he himself disliked the final product. This is his job, he ain't working for free. Hamill was even more open, but I also think he just straight-up knew they couldn't fire him. But even he was still somewhat restrained. I cannot WAIT till he's unleashed from the Disney tether and can just outright say his emotions on the film. But I always liked John, I think he's a class act.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agreed. I mean when you look at it, I'd noticed some more casual comments John made that were...interesting as to what his true feelings may be. This is probably the most open he's been about it. But when you're promoting a film and are more so one of the newer characters, you don't really get diplomatic immunity when delivering blunt honesty on what you personally feel about the film. When it's a trilogy, it takes even longer before you kind of feel within that safety zone to finally say, "Yeah, to be honest, I didn't like *such and such*" It may take years, heck, a decade, before he's utterly honest. And I mean, I get it. Imagine I walked into work tomorrow and told my boss and just the world on public television what I really think? Temporary anonymity of your actual opinion is just part of the gig. Well...if you care to keep working. It's also against his own self-interest to bash a project he's worked on BEFORE it's out. After all, of course he wants it to do well, even if he himself disliked the final product. This is his job, he ain't working for free. Hamill was even more open, but I also think he just straight-up knew they couldn't fire him. But even he was still somewhat restrained. I cannot WAIT till he's unleashed from the Disney tether and can just outright say his emotions on the film. But I always liked John, I think he's a class act.
Yea John seems like a pretty cool guy. His episode of Hot Ones from last week was great.

Reaction score
what's most ironic, is how they went out of their way to entrench the idea that TFA was a "New Era" of SW -- this is NOT about the Skywalkers anymore -- this New Trilogy, in the New Era, is all about New Characters; then later, just to drive the point home even further, TLJ told us to "let the past die, kill it if you have to" (etc); but now, suddenly, we are being sold the "Last Chapter Of The OLD Era" LOL -- as if, this New Trilogy was, suddenly, part of the "Skywalker Saga" ALL ALONG! LOL

--> this movie WISHES it was part of the "Old Era" :ROFLMAO: ROFL!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like they are going with the ending you are referring to. The "Kennedy Ending"

And not this one. The "Iger Ending"

Reaction score
I like how Adam Driver couldn't remember the name of TLJ and just called it the second one. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Random musing....

I've read about Order 67 and the Final Order in various online stuff that may or may not be anything more than fan musings. But... if it is a thing..

It would give JJ a way to bridge the episodes with Palps creating the First Order as his always-intended back-up to be activated whilst he went into hiding. Makes sense to me anyway.