TROS Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker - December 19, 2019

Reaction score
The shots in that little teaser look fantastic. I'm still not holding out much hope for the movie as a whole, but it will at least LOOK beautiful

Last edited:
Reaction score
That wasn't an attack. At all.

My passive aggressive reply/response was no different than your original post outlining a few of the leaked plot points.

Jeeze...you and I have been through this before. I'm pretty sure we both agree that TLJ sucked. I'm not sure of your opinion on TFA (and frankly don't really care). I happened to love it. But you don't ever seem to give any reason why you don't like the ST other than "Ruin Johnson" or "Krazy Kennedy". So my opinion is that it doesn't matter what the eventual film TROS is about. It's ST, it's Kray Kray Kennedy and that it your criteria for a bad movie.

Whatever...
haha just messing with you bro. Nothing offends me.

To answer your first post to me: there’s no new ground to break, it’s Star Wars with over 40 years of lore and rules that can just be expanded on, not re-written. Critically acclaimed means nothing to me, TLJ was critically acclaimed and it was garbage. No movie is universally praised, but again means nothing to me, I’ll form my own opinion of the movie IF I decide to see it, but it won’t be until it’s free either on Android box or Netflix.

As as for your second post to me, I only liked Han and Chewie from TFA. I thought the movie was very “meh.” I’ve given my reasons for hating TLJ a couple times. A lot of the reasons are so obvious that people have discussed them as nauseam and I won’t do it again now. The “Ruin” and “Kray Kray” come from how those two and Lucasfilm in general have reacted to the criticisms and how they treated the people giving them. These are supposedly professional people that need customers to spend their money on their products and all they’ve done is call people names. So myself and others starting calling names back.

We we probably agree on more than you think and might actually be friends in real life. The main difference is you still have hope in Ep.9 where as I feel the damage is done and written it off completely.

I do hope you find something to like about it though. Good luck.

Reaction score
...Is it? If it were moderated at all, Moose would be LONG gone. Hell, half the people in this THREAD would be gone.
I get the feeling that the people in charge of this site let these people hang around because otherwise this forum is pretty dead, and clicks from unrepentant *******s are better than no clicks at all. I mean, they let cobalt back after his racist diatribe, but they perma banned the guy that wasn't spouting racist comments, because he got into it with cobalt.

Most of the decent people on this forum have long since left, rather than spend time with the folks that exist to hate Star Wars because they love Star Wars.

Nothing offends me.

lmao

Reaction score
The people that got banned deserve it. And the people that are crying and complaining about there so called banned Heroes on this forum can go with them. The Deblorables will survive just fine without you. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
haha just messing with you bro. Nothing offends me.

To answer your first post to me: there’s no new ground to break, it’s Star Wars with over 40 years of lore and rules that can just be expanded on, not re-written. Critically acclaimed means nothing to me, TLJ was critically acclaimed and it was garbage. No movie is universally praised, but again means nothing to me, I’ll form my own opinion of the movie IF I decide to see it, but it won’t be until it’s free either on Android box or Netflix.

As as for your second post to me, I only liked Han and Chewie from TFA. I thought the movie was very “meh.” I’ve given my reasons for hating TLJ a couple times. A lot of the reasons are so obvious that people have discussed them as nauseam and I won’t do it again now. The “Ruin” and “Kray Kray” come from how those two and Lucasfilm in general have reacted to the criticisms and how they treated the people giving them. These are supposedly professional people that need customers to spend their money on their products and all they’ve done is call people names. So myself and others starting calling names back.

We we probably agree on more than you think and might actually be friends in real life. The main difference is you still have hope in Ep.9 where as I feel the damage is done and written it off completely.

I do hope you find something to like about it though. Good luck.
Fair enough.

MTFBWY

Reaction score
Not sure how to feel about that (and I'm a big Rebels Fan). :/

I think it is fn' awesome. I'm all for call backs and fan service in TROS.
I totally agree here, little things like this actually make me excited for the movie! But I hope that there is more than just that once scene cameo, be cool if she actually has screen time too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I get the feeling that the people in charge of this site let these people hang around because otherwise this forum is pretty dead, and clicks from unrepentant *******s are better than no clicks at all. I mean, they let cobalt back after his racist diatribe, but they perma banned the guy that wasn't spouting racist comments, because he got into it with cobalt.

Most of the decent people on this forum have long since left, rather than spend time with the folks that exist to hate Star Wars because they love Star Wars.
Revisionist history.

The people that got banned deserve it. And the people that are crying and complaining about there so called banned Heroes on this forum can go with them. The Deblorables will survive just fine without you. :)
Well said.

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Enjoy the **** sandwich everyone

Reaction score
Yea the leaks are strong with this one

I'm pretty excited. This trailer admittedly brought a tear to my eye much like TFA did.

Spoiler:  
the 3PO scene was tough to watch knowing what happens...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't been reading any of the leaks, so thanks everyone for using the spoiler tags. I will say, trailer has me pretty excited. Did someone say "**** sandwiches"? Mmmmm...already secured tickets for 8:00 pm on the 20th.

Reaction score
I haven't been reading any of the leaks, so thanks everyone for using the spoiler tags. I will say, trailer has me pretty excited. Did someone say "**** sandwiches"? Mmmmm...already secured tickets for 8:00 pm on the 20th.
I got mine for 7:00pm on the 19th and 8pm on the 20th

Reaction score
I have to be honest....I bought tickets I felt more for old times sake than actually caring to see the movie. I didn’t care to watch the trailer when it aired and when I eventually watched it 2 hours later, I didn’t even rewatch it. I’m more excited to watch a Star Wars live tv show than the final installment of a trilogy.

I feel like this is the end. All the signs are there. I’m retiring from Star Wars after this movie as a fan boy. No more first showings, no more trailers or plot speculation. Just bring it back to when Star Wars was cool and comfortable. Watch at your leisure and enjoy. Things really do come full circle. Adapt to change or die my friends.

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited. This trailer admittedly brought a tear to my eye much like TFA did.

Spoiler:  
the 3PO scene was tough to watch knowing what happens...
Okay glad it wasn't just me. For someone who dislike TLJ, I was surprised at myself for tearing up at this trailer. For me it was the scene you mentioned, and Luke and Leia's voices at the end.

I thought the coolest scene was that Star Destroyer bursting up through the ice. That was epic.

Reaction score
I liked the trailer. The film looks like the story may be a bit of a mess, but it looks like it'll be great fun. and it looks like it'll be stunningly visual. As long as I'm entertained I'll be happy and I have high hopes after that.

Reaction score
What I liked most was the grand scope of the film. Everything seems big. Big fights, big drama, big smiles, and big tears. All of that was missing in the past two films, mostly.

I'm pumped for the release. I'll take it all in and then decide if it was up to the hope I have for it.

Reaction score
Satan's thoughts:

I watched Han die and expected it so was unsurprised.

I watched Luke die and by that point in the film was too distracted by all the other bad decisions going on.

I knew about 3PO rumours and saw his line in the trailer and welled up. THAT is how it should be done.

Excited for Palpatine, you can't beat Ian McD. Be nice to see him regardless of the overall opinion of the film. If I don't like it, it will certainly not be his fault! Throne is a bit D&D-ish.

Were they riding space horses along a Star Destroyer? Hm.

Clocked the Ghost in the rebel fleet. Acceptable but keep it in the background like the cameos in TFA. I didn't like Rebels and hope they don't use any Force mythology from it in the movie.

Reaction score
Erm ....

Spoiler:  
... Spacehorses riding ON the surface of a star destroyer..... so much of the DS not blown to pieces but still intact .... Grumpy Hermit Man telling us to confront our fears for that is the destiny of a Jedi ...

This trailer was a mess - looked beautiful - but they've waved the pretty lights before. Bring the popcorn ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Considering those rumored and now rumored to be cut (lol) scenes:

Spoiler:  
It's not Luke and Leia in a lightsaber battle. It's Luke training Leia. As for the third one why is it so unbelievable that 1) Palpatine is alive and 2) Luke and Leia fight him as Force Ghosts?
I can't find how to do the spoiler tags in this forum, but from what I read about the third one, they decided to use the voices of other Jedi instead, including one who came from a couple of cartoons by LFL instead of the ones you mentioned.
I

Reaction score
Lots of eye candy in the trailer for sure, but not really anything to give us a bit of the story. Maybe it's better they went with that approach.

Reaction score
I like now (based on the trailer which can be very deceiving) this movie feels big. Like overblown and bombastic and I'm psyched.

So unless I missed it there was no sign of the Sith Trooper or Knights of Ren right?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Dang it! I'm such a sucker. After watching that trailer I say the hell with it. I'm going down with the ship. LOL!

Reaction score
The story may be a convoluted scramble to mitigate the damage of TLJ, but MAN does it look beautiful.

Reaction score
I like now (based on the trailer which can be very deceiving) this movie feels big. Like overblown and bombastic and I'm psyched.

So unless I missed it there was no sign of the Sith Trooper or Knights of Ren right?
No Knights or Sith Troopers shown. It would have been cool to see them, but maybe their scenes give away too much.
N

Reaction score
I'm really hoping they ressurect Luke and at the end of the film, when all the new "heroes" are together on Tatooine watching the suns set, Luke comes out of the Homestead and yells:

Hey, you kids, get offa my lawn!!!!! And, Rey, you better be up early tomorrow and working on the south range before suns-up or there'll be hell to pay!!!!!"

Last edited:
Reaction score
How about that shot of Rey and Kylo destroying Vader's burnt armor...looks like they are working together. Maybe Palpatine has been communicating with Kylo all these years through Vader's helmet?

The story may be a convoluted scramble to mitigate the damage of TLJ, but MAN does it look beautiful.
It doesn't need to mitigate it - it just needs to ignore it.

Kylo's helmet is back (which is more of a metaphorical middle finger to TLJ)

The destroyed lightsaber is back

Enough years passed for the Rebellion to be built up again

Luke is dead but we already know that "no one is every truly gone"

They have already stated that they will address Rey's lineage

Snoke is a dangling thread that can be addressed with like 4 lines of dialogue

TLJ is completely irrelevant at this point. TROS is a sequel to TFA.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Or doesn't need to mitigate it - it just needs to ignore it.

Kylo's helmet is back (which is more of a metaphorical middle finger to TLJ)

The destroyed lightsaber is back

Enough years passed for the Rebellion to be built up again

Luke is dead but we already know that "no one is every truly gone"

They have already stated that they will address Rey's lineage

Snoke is a dangling thread that can be addressed with like 4 lines of dialogue

TLJ is completely irrelevant at this point. TROS is a sequel to TFA.

Reaction score
How about that shot of Rey and Kylo destroying Vader's burnt armor...looks like they are working together. Maybe Palpatine has been communicating with Kylo all these years through Vader's helmet?
I think they're in a fight and destroying it was an accident. Look at Kylo's body language once it's destroyed.

Reaction score
So anybody thinking there might be a Starkillerbase II? I mean it's like poetry they rhyme. :whistling:

Reaction score
I think they're in a fight and destroying it was an accident. Look at Kylo's body language once it's destroyed.
Idk I kinda got a team vibe from the quick glance. I like how Kylo even resembles Vader here.

Also...

Spoiler:  
Rey is holding the rumored "dagger"

Last edited:
Reaction score
They weren't kidding when they said this movie would wrap up the whole Saga including the PT...

Reaction score
"Member Battledroids?"
"Member the Ghost?"
"Member Palpatine?"
"Member the whole plot of RotJ?"
"Member?"