Star wars collectors in Huntsville AL

Reaction score
Re: Endor Wave?

Madison walmart had them this morning but almost ALL of them were crushed and had bent cards. There were 3 ewoks, 3 3p0s, 2 emperors, 1 ds gunner, and 2 moff's. I got one of each.

Reaction score

I've read other threads here where people were saying the same thing about this wave. If the crushed cards are showing up here, I'm gonna pass. I wasn't going to open any from this wave anyway.

But looking at the pics coming out of Comic-Con, I should be saving my money anyway!

Reaction score

I'm talking all the figures but MAYBE one of the chief chirpas were mangled. Normally if a box is crushed on one side maybe half the figs tops will get messed up. This must have been knocked in at each side of the case or had something incredibly heavy on top of it. I'm probably gonna return all the figures I got for better ones when I find more. There were 2 codys and a hoth r2 (with red holo) that must have shipped with them as well. Maybe 1 or 2 of vaders also.

Reaction score

I think I'm gonna wait until the Endor soldiers and Endor Luke come out. I thought about getting the DS gunner, but the close up pics I've seen here suggest something off about the face sculpt.

Reaction score

Hey guys I went to every freakin walmart here in huntsville from 12-2 at night and didnt find crap....so just letting you know in case you are planning to hunt it will be a waste of gas.

John

Reaction score
Re: Help in Huntsville

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Poster: jedimasterc
Subject: Re: Help in Huntsville

I need help finding the Hunt For Greivous also.I work(ironicly for the Target Distribution Center)6am-4pm and if TRU gets these in a scalper will buy the whole blinking case.So,I too need some help.I will pay cost and shipping.I live in Athens Alabama and go to Huntsville frequently.

[/QUOTE]

I gave up on trying to find them in town. The guy I know at TRU checked the inventory system for me. They do not have any on order. You might want to try online. I sent a PM with the info on the scummer who helped me.

Reaction score

A member of another site i frequent has ties with tru and looked this up on their computer:

"In case anyone wants to know the stats
on up coming TRU exclusives here they are.
AT-AT - arrives at DC - 8-5-06 hits stores week after (has ordered 442 total)
Dagobah X-wing - arrives at DC 8-5-06 hits stores week after (has ordered 1304 total)
Hunt for Grievous - 2206 total (intrant shows 12 left in entire country) "

I'm guessing those are case totals and not individual units...

Reaction score

University drive walmart had the endor wave this morning so I hear. May still be some there.

Reaction score

I stopped by there this afternoon and they had 1 C-3PO and whatever was left from the Tatooine wave, plus the usual assortment of Vaders and Dofines.

Reaction score

Drake Walmart got hit with 2 boxes of the endor wave friday night, and wave 4 rev 5 or something. I opened all boxes and got a few for my collection and some other people. Wave 4 had two scorches in them, and some others. Unfortunely the pegs are full so they probably just took them to the back. Today (Sunday) I made some room on the pegs so maybe they will put some out tonight, or if you go down there they might be on the pallets at 10:30 b/c they close at 11.

Good luck, Monk

Reaction score

Target on university got some cases of the greatest battles figures this morning.

Reaction score

They also had 1 Mace Starfighter and 1 Vader TIE fighter this afternoon.

Reaction score

Target on Airport Rd got in new cases of Greatest Battles and Heroes & Villains today. Still no sign of Endor wave.

Reaction score
Re: Huntsville

Is C-3PO part of the greatest battle wave? Universtiy Target had a couple on the pegs, but I do not remember if he was Endor or Greatest wave. I have not seen a Death Star Gunner yet, but am still looking. Supposedly the Huntsville TRU got 6 Hunt for Greivous battle packs in. Not sure if they have made it to the shelves yet. Might be worth a shot to ask about them if anybody is still looking.

Reaction score

The ROTS C3PO is part of the Greatest Battles wave. The Endor wave C3PO comes with the Ewok throne. I saw the remnant of the Greatest Battles wave at Univ. Dr. Target the other day -- C3PO, Kit Fisto, and Padme.

Reaction score

Madison walmart got 3 newer cases in. There were six scorches with red holos carkoon figs with red holos and a couple other rereleases with red holos.

Reaction score

Greatest battles figures hit walmarts this morning.

If anyone runs across a greatest battles c3p0 packaged with the lava/mustafar base I'd appreciate it if you'd pick me one up and I'll trade with ya or pay ya for it. I'm a variation hound what can i say.

Reaction score

I was at Univ. WalMart yesterday and they had the Saga C-3PO with the battle droid head, one with the 3PO head on 3PO body and one with the battle droid head on 3PO body.

Reaction score

TRU had Endor wave this morning. No Scorches, but a couple of Codys with red holos (one was emperor, didn't look at the other one).

Reaction score

gorkoracing said:
Madison walmart got 3 newer cases in. There were six scorches with red holos carkoon figs with red holos and a couple other rereleases with red holos.
Thats funny I was there at 2:15 and all the scorches were gone, then I went to TRU and someone must of bought ALL the Death Gunners...at least 6-8 were there.

My main thing right now is this I need the Endor ATAT if anyone sees it please please hide it and let me know. I know asking someone to pick one up is out of the question.

PS which user on here is Ron's son?

John

Reaction score

You were at TRU at 2:15? I was there at 11:00, and they had about 5 or 6 DS Gunners. No ATATs, though.

Reaction score

Buriedonceagain said:
gorkoracing said:
PS which user on here is Ron's son?

John
That'd be me. I'm guessing you are who he calls Monk from your sig. My dad said you go by madison early in the mornings i think right? Was that 2:15 a.m.? I'm usually there about 8:00 a.m. on my way to work. My dad usually goes by tur the day after they get a truck I think (unless hes golfing) so I'll tell him to pick you up that endor atat if he finds em. I think he mentioned that he was looking for one for ya already though. Anything else you looking for?

Reaction score

Univ. Target has Greatest Battles now. 2 501st, 2 ATTE gunners, & the rest. No new ships, though.

Reaction score

Madison walmart had 6 cases of endor I saw this morning. One was open but the others are still sealed on the pallets. They also have the new hoth mini unleashed battle playsets out on the shelf.

Reaction score

Hey all, lurked here for a while but never posted. I wanted to follow-up gorko's post. I read it this morning and went to the Madison Wal-Mart around 11:30 but I didn't see anything but the remnants of the Greatest Battles stuff from Monday. No Endor wave, no pallets around the toy section, no cases. They must've put them in the back for now.

Quick question any of you regular figure checkers ever hit Kohl's? I found a few figures there during the Coruscant wave when they were still really rare, even saw a UGH Grievous that I foolishly didn't pick up. Anyone know when they get new figures or if theyre even still carrying Saga?

Reaction score

Ockham said:
Hey all, lurked here for a while but never posted. I wanted to follow-up gorko's post. I read it this morning and went to the Madison Wal-Mart around 11:30 but I didn't see anything but the remnants of the Greatest Battles stuff from Monday. No Endor wave, no pallets around the toy section, no cases. They must've put them in the back for now.

Quick question any of you regular figure checkers ever hit Kohl's? I found a few figures there during the Coruscant wave when they were still really rare, even saw a UGH Grievous that I foolishly didn't pick up. Anyone know when they get new figures or if theyre even still carrying Saga?
They probably pulled the pallets back to the back. They'll prolly be out again around 9-9:30 tonight till about 8-9 tomorrow morning.

As for kohls i had good luck there with the rots stuff but havent checked them since the saga2 stuff came out. I guess i should check more since i love eating at that outback right there.

Reaction score

Anybody ever go to the Hampton Cove Walmart? I remember finding a ton of ROTS stuff last year, but I haven't seen much Saga stuff there. I'm just wondering if I'm going at the wrong times (not very often, since it's across town) or if they just aren't getting much.

Reaction score

Yeah I go by Madison Walmart every morning at 7:20 after hitting Drake Walmart at 7am. I also had seen the 6 cases of wave 5 and only got anothe DSG but I will probably take him back.

What I am needing is the TRU ATAT, and Xwing....Target Snowspeeder, Shuttle, Mace Windu battlepack....Whatever that comes out exclusive form or another.

I told your dad on friday night I ran into a lady who just sold like 300 hundred Treasure Hunts each for a dollar? I bought an unleashed Clone trooper for $7 and Aalyee (whatever her name is) and Tusken unleashed from her for $10 both. That was the last of her stuff.

I need 2 more shocktroopers, I have plenty of 501st troopers now.

John

Reaction score
area comic shops

I was going to be in your area soon and wanted to know about comic shops. I collect 1st appearance stuff and would like to check out a place with a good backstock.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Re: area comic shops

As far as I know we only have two comic shops anymore. One is called The Deep and is located off of the Parkway between Governors Dr and Bob Wallace. I have not been in since they changed ownership, so I am not sure what they have these days. The other is Jennings collectibles (not sure if they are still open) off of Leman Ferry Rd.

Reaction score

phantombubba said:
As far as I know we only have two comic shops anymore. One is called The Deep and is located off of the Parkway between Governors Dr and Bob Wallace. I have not been in since they changed ownership, so I am not sure what they have these days. The other is Jennings collectibles (not sure if they are still open) off of Leman Ferry Rd.
I've seen a sign for "Haven Comics" on Slaughter Rd just south of 72, but I've never been to the store. Anyone know anything else about it?

Reaction score

There's a place in 5 points called the green monkey. Its run by a guy who sets up at the limestone flea market. I think he MIGHT have some comics. I've bought a few sw figs from him (foreign figs)

Reaction score

I went in once and was not real impressed with it (The Haven), so I did not mention it. The employees were busy with a role playing game and did not seem to be interested with helping customers.

Reaction score

Thanks again for the help guys, it sounds like The Deep all the way. I wish they had more comic shops in this state.

Reaction score
Target/Walmart finds

Target on Airport Rd (Carl T. Jones Dr., Bailey Cove, whatever the road is called there) has the Vader TIE fighter and Mace Starfighter. Also had Greatest Battles. Saw a few 501st and ATTE gunners, but no shocktroopers. They also had a ton of titanium stuff.

Madison Walmart has Endor wave, incl a few Codys. They also had some Greatest Battles. No clones, though.

Reaction score
Re: TRU finds

TRU has Endor and Greatest Battles waves in stock. 501st, AT-TE Gunner, DS Gunner, and the rest were all on the pegs.

Reaction score

I just found my 4th cody paint error at TRU.

One of them was missing the orange flame insignias that are usually right above the breather holes on his helmet.

I've got another like this but the blue lines on the side of the helmet are unpainted as well as the white insignias on the visor. My other 2 cody errors are one with the grey mouth area of the helmet unpainted and my favorite one a cody with an unpainted shoulder.

Reaction score

Found the Green commander, and shock trooper at target. The Shock Trooper has a paint error on it the Left Shouldar armor plate is not painted. Has anyone else seen this?

There are 3 local comic stores now, The Deep, Haven and Hit Videos (Jordan & Holmes) which Larry carries alot of vintage stuff and other toys. The Green Munkey shut down about 8 months ago.

Reaction score

Oh Yeah Larry at Hit Videos and Collectibles bought all of Jennings toys and comics about 1 year ago.

Monk