Star Wars Collection (and other stuff)

Reaction score
Since I almost finished the search that I started about 3 years ago on this board and on the aftermarket I thought I could show how my display in the basement looks like at the moment. I have a lot of space left that is reserved only for new collectibles from the OT, like for example the new Rancor Maquette that is coming.
I am also hoping for a life-size prop of the TESB Boba Fett Carbine Rifle, a Death Star studio scale replica and of course a Star Destroyer in studio scale for a reasonable price (don't know what eFX was smoking when they calculated the price for theirs 🇯🇲).

Chris

Reaction score
Wow, what a STUNNING collection! Beautifully displayed, no clutter. Just perfect! Excellent pieces as well!

Ironic your helmets are of the core three characters I collect (Boba Fett, Darth Vader and OT Stormtrooper). Kudos, great job!

PS) I also love the Battlestar Galactica helmet and the SS comic book pieces as well.

Reaction score
I might pick up a real grail today, I will know at 4 p.m. today, need to check whether it's completely mint, complete and no fake first. Fingers crossed.
Chris

Reaction score
I might pick up a real grail today, I will know at 4 p.m. today, need to check whether it's completely mint, complete and no fake first. Fingers crossed.
Chris
Maybe have someone else drink from it first?
I can't help but think of the grail scene from Indiana Jones....lol. Good luck a lot of love and hard work went into your collection, and it shows.

Reaction score
Great collection and displayed very well. I don't even want to think about how much you've spent in the last three years at aftermarket prices. Sounds like you flipped a good portion of your DC/Marvel collection. I'm sure that helped based off what you have remaining. Speaking of which, I'm not a comic book guy, but as a collector of things, I can appreciate any nice collection.

Question - what Rancor maquette are you referring too? Since I "completed" my collection years ago I'm kinda outta the loop, but I may need to get back in.

Reaction score
Maybe have someone else drink from it first?
I can't help but think of the grail scene from Indiana Jones....lol. Good luck a lot of love and hard work went into your collection, and it shows.
Thanks, but I took the risk myself and it was a success ^^, I now own a Master Replicas Millennium Falcon, complete, with all boxes, SE, even the advertisements were still inside, never opened. Displayed for only 2 months and than stored for about 13 years. Lights all work fine, no dust, everything like new. It's as miracle. :love:
Before I display him I will have an acrylic cover made, does anyone here have the exact dimensions for this?
Chris

Reaction score
Great collection and displayed very well. I don't even want to think about how much you've spent in the last three years at aftermarket prices. Sounds like you flipped a good portion of your DC/Marvel collection. I'm sure that helped based off what you have remaining. Speaking of which, I'm not a comic book guy, but as a collector of things, I can appreciate any nice collection.

Question - what Rancor maquette are you referring too? Since I "completed" my collection years ago I'm kinda outta the loop, but I may need to get back in.
Thanks a lot. Yes I needed to sell a lot of DC/Marvel 3 years ago, it completely covered my expenses for Star Wars + I still have some of that money to spend. I was a completist for Marvel, LotR, Star Wars, Street Fighter, Warhammer and DC Statues of all kind. So I sold about 100-120 of them when they still had a good value. Nowadays the aftermarket prices are not even 1/3 of what they used to be when I sold everything.

It's this Rancor:

Hope to score one on the aftermarket fopr less.

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. Yes I needed to sell a lot of DC/Marvel 3 years ago, it completely covered my expenses for Star Wars + I still have some of that money to spend. I was a completist for Marvel, LotR, Star Wars, Street Fighter, Warhammer and DC Statues of all kind. So I sold about 100-120 of them when they still had a good value. Nowadays the aftermarket prices are not even 1/3 of what they used to be when I sold everything.

It's this Rancor:

Chris
That piece looks incredible. Not something I personally collect, but I can see how well done it is. Best of luck!!

Reaction score

It's this Rancor:

Chris
Ahh ok. Looks like its a statue vs a maquette. When I think maquette, I'm thinking of the ones GL would look over and approve in those making of specials back in the day. Like these Jabba concepts.

Screenshot_20200112-174000~2.png

Don't get me wrong, that Rancor is gorgeous, just doesn't fit my prop replica theme.

Hey congrats on the MR MF! I almost had a SE, but i got hoodwinked. I'm envious.

Reaction score
Chris that is one HUGE grail. I would love to have it as well but the footprint is just too much for my den!!!! However Congrats !!!! GC

Reaction score
I almost had a SE, but i got hoodwinked.
That is the reason why I needed to see him myself before I bought it. It seems that his father passed away +- 2 months after the Falcon was shipped, then he got him as an heirloom and never displayed it, now his wife needed a new horse saddle so he sold the Falcon. Now I'll give him a nice new home as a centerpiece like the MF deserves it.

Chris that is one HUGE grail. I would love to have it as well but the footprint is just too much for my den!!!! However Congrats !!!! GC
Yes the footprint is enormous, I would not have bought when I could not display him properly. That's very important to me.
Chris

Reaction score
Great collection and displayed very well! Good pictures also. It's nice you have a dedicated room. Congrats on The Falcon! Wish I picked one up for MSRP lol.

Reaction score
Since I have been asked:

in case someone would like to get a pedestral done like this or smaller.

Step 1 is the pedestral itself, this site is maybe just for Europe, but I am sure this exists for the US, Asia, ... as well:
You can get them raw (very cheap) or already colored etc...

Step 2 is to put on the primer, which is VERY important to avoid that the plaster comes of again after a while, I used that one (very cheap). Actually the same one I used in my house.

Step 3 is the roll-on plaster for indore use, I used a raw one in combination with a regular paint roller:

Step 4 is just the painting of the color you like best.

Chris

Reaction score
Display for the Falcon is almost ready, only missing is the acrylic cover that will arrive next week saturday and I will have a bluprint of the Falcon printed behind glas that will be attached to the pedestral with distance bolts.

Here are pics of the Falcon, I can tell that he is worth the money (if eFX would make one today without Ford Signature it might be the same price as I payed for this one)! In person he looks MUCH better than on pictures, I hope I could capture him properly.

Next ist the AT-AT-Walker and also the Y-Wing now, I think I won't be after the BSG Viper anymore since I need the space for more Star Wars ^^. I might even sell the dual signed eFX BSG Pilot Helmet.

Chris

Reaction score
The cover arrived yesterday and it fits perfectly, my Falcon display is almost done now. I will get another blueprint that I created from an existing one.
the blueprint will be printed on glas and it will be mounted to the base with a distance of +- 1 cm.

Chris

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just sent this to a company in Germany to recreate a glasbase + cover for the screen used Death Star piece I gor from PropStore.

Chris