Star Wars Chess set

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I live in Scotland and a couple years ago I started collecting the new star wars chess set, and If I subscribed I would be entitled to the amazing chess board (which unfortunately I did) but I got as far as 5 star war figures and was waiting for my free chess board when I received a letter saying they had run out, so had to cancel my subscription. Does anyone know when they will be back in? I've tried emailing Deagostini but they don't help very much..:'(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is this chess board made by Attakus then? I know of Gentle Giant's chess set but I didn't know another company had made one..., interesting. Do you have any pictures of the peices you've got so far, it might help anyone give you an answer if they can see what you have? :)

Reaction score
Hi yes!! it is actually, I just had a look and it was the 2010 edition?

Reaction score
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1064379/

I'm not sure what happened to the chess set to be honest, there was a thread on it in 2011 but only about 8 entries & then it died out..., it looks like they sold the set in Poland too but as it was a few years ago now I'm not hopeful that you'll get the board for the set now unless looking on eBay or something. You could however try contacting Deagostini themselves as I know they like selling back issues when they sell stuff & I'm pretty sure all the Star Wars vehicles they were selling a while back can still be bought from their website. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for that!! However I did get in touch about it but they didn't know what I was on about (which was annoying) I'm not even bothered about the chess board, would still like to collect the rest of the figures and perhaps get my own board (which wont quiet be the same tho) There is a Star Wars Chess set on the go for £30 odd pounds but not the same as mine..

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had a look at Star Wars chess sets on eBay & most look to be cheapies really, haven't ever seen the one you started collecting before today, there are websites that refer to it but they seem to all be referring to Poland so I'm guessing it wasn't a big seller over here?!? You can get nice chess boards from plenty of places, just depends on how much you want to spend? As for the peices, I'd say if the distributors can't help you then perhaps the manufacturers (Attakus) would be your best bet..., they always reply to me on their Facebook page regarding enquiries so I'd say try leaving a message there about the chess set & see what they suggest. :)

Reaction score
Ohh thanks kevb0977 that's a brilliant idea, yes! quiet agree, the ones on ebay at 30 odd pounds are a bit cheap looking in comparison to the 5 I already have. Do you just look for Attakus ?? on facebook :)

Reaction score
Ohh thanks kevb0977 that's a brilliant idea, yes! quiet agree, the ones on ebay at 30 odd pounds are a bit cheap looking in comparison to the 5 I already have. Do you just look for Attakus ?? on facebook :)
Yes, if you type in Attakus it comes up. :)

Reaction score
Hi Kevb0977... Wrote a message on Attakus facebook page a couple days ago and as yet no reply :-(

Reaction score
Hi Kevb0977... Wrote a message on Attakus facebook page a couple days ago and as yet no reply :-(
They will get back to you, it just sometimes takes a while as they don't simply say we'll get back to you or anything like that, they tend to actually get you an answer then reply. :)

Reaction score
Danbury also made a wonderful pewter chess set back in the 90s (?) which I own and would definately recommend.

You can find it on ebay frequently, although getting one mint with no missing pieces can be tough.

Reaction score
Will have a look at that one ambasah, although the chess set I started had brilliant chess figures, it wasn't pewter..

Reaction score
Will have a look at that one ambasah, although the chess set I started had brilliant chess figures, it wasn't pewter..
Danbury make very nice figures & chess sets, they made one for Doctor Who a while back too & it was very good quality, expensive though & even more so now so I'm sure the Star Wars one will be the same. :)

Reaction score
Have just seen 3 sellers online trying to sell the very same 5 star wars chess figures (one is Spain) so I'm now thinking that the UK weren't the only ones left in the lurch with this chess set... :-(

Reaction score
Have just seen 3 sellers online trying to sell the very same 5 star wars chess figures (one is Spain) so I'm now thinking that the UK weren't the only ones left in the lurch with this chess set... :-(
What pieces do you have? When I did a google search for the set there was a lot about it coming up in Poland & to be honest, not much else..., that's why I thought going to the source would be the best option. I take it you've still not heard from them as yet?

Reaction score
No :-( I have Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, r2d2, storm trooper and C-3po....

Reaction score
No :-( I have Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, r2d2, storm trooper and C-3po....
Well if you look for the chess set on google I remember seeing Boba Fett was one of the pieces on a couple of the sites I looked at & another was a Tusken Raider, not sure if they were for purchase but it's certainly worth a look.

Reaction score
What ever happened to the Deagostini partworks chess set that was sold on mainland Europe? Did it ever make it's way to the UK?

Reaction score
What ever happened to the Deagostini partworks chess set that was sold on mainland Europe? Did it ever make it's way to the UK?
It's looking like it got cancelled at the moment, from what I found on google that is..., but it seems to have faired better sales wise in Poland.