Star Wars Celebration VIII (April 13-16 2017)

Reaction score
Supposed to be 8 both days, but I think so many people were there that security just gave up.
Then they need to get stern and tell people the line won't start until 8pm. Grow a pair Reed! This isn't their first Celebration, but they're acting like it in some regards.

Reaction score
Then they need to get stern and tell people the line won't start until 8pm. Grow a pair Reed! This isn't their first Celebration, but they're acting like it in some regards.
It may have worked out better this way. If you had 1,500+ all showing up right at 8, it would have been a mob. Everyone that was there by 8 (and really up until about 11) is getting in.

Reaction score
Main access line his morning is insanity. Wrapped past past Rosen towards I-4. I've never seen it like this. Security is going to be a pain all week.

Reaction score
I got in around 415. It wasn't bad at all. Hour later and it was backed up pretty bad for most. The bag check/screening is interesting. I don't fly so that was new to me.

Reaction score
It got crazy there for a minute after wristbands were handed out. They tried to divert the front of the line back through the other end of the line and people were yelling that the end of the line was the other way and didn't want to let people through. Some people lost their spot and are a thousand people or more back from where they were.

I got close to where I was originally but lost about maybe 50 or 100 spots in the chaos. There are people who were behind me who are in front of me now and people who were in front of me who are behind me.

They are volunteers. It is what it is.

Reaction score
Am only attending Fri-Sat. Was gonna get in line with my 12 yr old at 5am Friday morning. If campouts are similar to what they were last night is it unlikely we'll get TLJ panel wristbands or is it too early to tell. No idea what the max capacity of those big panels are...

Reaction score
Hard to say. It was busy last night but I think a lot of people might decide they can't barely sleep two nights in a row so maybe there is a chance.

Reaction score
Hard to say. It was busy last night but I think a lot of people might decide they can't barely sleep two nights in a row so maybe there is a chance.
Haha! That's what my hopes are pinned on!

Reaction score
Got totally hosed my this mess. I slept over and still didn't make the Galaxy stage. Ridiculous.

Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous. Line literally raps for miles around the convention center because they only have one door open after 10am. Apparently the security checkpoint. This may be my last Celebration if every day is like this. All other doors have security telling you to get in the one main line.

Reaction score
Absolutely ridiculous. Line literally raps for miles around the convention center because they only have one door open after 10am. Apparently the security checkpoint. This may be my last Celebration if every day is like this. All other doors have security telling you to get in the one main line.
Line update: finally reached the switchback after over an hour in line. Anyone who has photo ops early aren't going to make it.

Reaction score
My wife drive by and us nerds were lined up outside! I had to tell her those are the people who HAVENT even gotten in yet!

Reaction score
Line update: 2.5 hours outside and finally inside but no formal line just a giant mob of about 1000 people trying to funnel in to 4 metal detectors. No TVs of the stream or any organization whatsoever.

Reaction score
Just landed, waiting to get my rental car. Were the lines to get in really that horrible?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just landed, waiting to get my rental car. Were the lines to get in really that horrible?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
And then some. The line stretched down the street I believe. They need more checkpoint/bag checks. CV and CVI here weren't even close to this.

Reaction score
And then some. The line stretched down the street I believe. They need more checkpoint/bag checks. CV and CVI here weren't even close to this.
Great. Is it the additional security causing the difference? I hope they are feverishly working to make changes by morning.

Reaction score
They're bottlenecking the line into 4 metal detectors. Then they search your bag. Sometimes just a glance. If you park in the back, once they open the back doors for reentery you can dump stuff in your car and come back. Any VIP that isn't going to the LJ panel wanna let me use their badge?(lololololol I can dream)

Reaction score
40 Years of Star Wars on the Galaxy stage !

Did the sleepover last night. Wasn't bad. Ended up in the last row of the Galaxy stage ! Was totally worth the hassle ! Besides the usual bunch that show up for these things , we also got Lucas , Hayden , Ian , Kennedy , Hammil , and FORD ! Then when we thought it was over , the curtain on the side opens up and there stands John Williams and an orchestra ! Think he played like 10 minutes or so of live Star Wars music for us ! Was frikkin EPIC !

Reaction score
Not sure why they didn't see to do it before things started yesterday but the additional entry points made a HUGE difference. No line - 5 minutes tops to get in que up for show floor.

Reaction score
heading to the convention in a bit..
Having breakfast first at the hotel..
So looking forward to celebration..
How's parking at the convention?
Should I just get a taxi?