Star Wars Celebration VIII (April 13-16 2017)

Reaction score
Woohoo!!! I was crossing my fingers for Orlando again. It should be fantastic weather in April, too.

Reaction score
I am a little surprised that they scheduled this for Easter weekend.

Reaction score
Yeah, im totally pumped! Out of all the celebrations I've been too (everyone since C3), I've had the most fun at the Orlando ones.:awesome::awesome:

Reaction score
Can't believe it's time to start planning again. Get your reservation in now if you want a close hotel, Rosen Center and Rosen Plaza are already sold out.

Reaction score
Just booked the hotel, 1/2mile from the convention center.. See everyone there.

Reaction score
Yes! I can't wait. I already have my reservations at the Rosen Centre. These hotels won't be sold out for long. In months to come they will open up more rooms.

Reaction score
Anyone seen a price list for tickets anywhere? Both 4 day and VIP? I couldn't find it at any of the relevant links.

Reaction score
Rosen block was full already when I called at 2:30. I booked at the Hilton and will keep checking for openings.
Went ahead and booked the Hyatt Regency, but might change to the Rosen Centre if it opens. Believe its cheaper too...

Reaction score
We booked at the Hilton, since they have the mega-pool for the kids. We'll be there all week.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First time attending here....is it actually possible to get tickets online when they go onsale....or do bots buy them up....also whats parking like near the center if planning on driving....thanks

Reaction score
First time attending here....is it actually possible to get tickets online when they go onsale....or do bots buy them up....also whats parking like near the center if planning on driving....thanks
Don't worry about ticket availability (just don't put it off for too long). From what I can remember there is ample parking available at the convention center, though I can't recall what the cost was.

Reaction score
Anyone seen a price list for tickets anywhere? Both 4 day and VIP? I couldn't find it at any of the relevant links.
Based on pricing trends from the last 3 US Celebrations, I'm expecting:

$150 for the 4 day pass
$500 for VIP Jedi Knight
$900 for VIP Jedi Master

Reaction score
So the Rosen Centre was available?
Rosen Centre is always the first to go. It and the Hilton are the two closet hotels, but it's cheaper per night.

According to my emails from C6, a couple days after they announced, they added more rooms to the Rosen Centre. I wasn't able to get in on the first day, but got in a couple days later.

So I'd say check the website again every couple days and see if they re-open the hotel.

Reaction score
Rosen Centre is always the first to go. It and the Hilton are the two closet hotels, but it's cheaper per night.
I believe the Rosen also sets aside a large block of rooms for the convention and the 501st, which makes it all the harder to get a room there.

Reaction score
Tonite I will call the Disney Vacation Club and book a room from 4-9 thru 4-18. The family will want to visit the land of Mickey at the same time !!!!

Reaction score
I booked a room but as of now, I'm 50-50 on whether I go to this. If I can somehow snag a VIP pass on the 25th I'll defintely go, but otherwise, I'm not so sure. I think it's great that it's back on the east coast, but it stinks that they scheduled it for Easter weekend. I know my g/f won't want to go because of that, and while I'm sure she won't object to me going, I'm not sure I want to go without her.

Reaction score
Based on pricing trends from the last 3 US Celebrations, I'm expecting:

$150 for the 4 day pass
$500 for VIP Jedi Knight
$900 for VIP Jedi Master
Never been before, but we got a reservation at the Hilton.

what does the VIP Jedi Knight get you?

Last edited:
Reaction score

According to my emails from C6, a couple days after they announced, they added more rooms to the Rosen Centre. I wasn't able to get in on the first day, but got in a couple days later.

So I'd say check the website again every couple days and see if they re-open the hotel.

Hyatt Regency (formerly The Peabody) is right across the street from the center. That is where I stayed for Celebration 5 and 6 and am booked there now!

Reaction score
Just booked the hyatt place....3/4 of a mile from the center...stayed there before...great free breakfast...free parking....now just need the tickets....for hilton and hyatt....does that include the resort fees as well?

Reaction score
Even though it was a bit farther but I stayed at the Embassy Suits on Jamaican circle. Free breakfast and free cocktails. Very nice hotel.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Def agree with some that it would be much better on a different weekend. Maybe if they pushed it to mid-May it would be better, I know I'd have more peeps coming with if it were.
As it is though, it should still be a good time - now the hard part, trying to get the tickets. Hoping for a VIP pass but I wonder if pre-sales will deplete them before public really gets a chance.

Reaction score
How do autographs work? Do all the celebs charge a fee to sign?
You buy person specific autograph tickets for the big celebrities and generic ones for the rest. Then you wait in a separate line for each person. None of them are free.