Star Wars Celebration V Info & Events Thread

Reaction score
Re: Star Wars Celebration V Info & Events Thread

I love Robot Chicken, so I'm going to have to hit one of those panels.

Reaction score

Agreed. I saw Seth & Co in Melbourne when they went down there for a convention tour to support Titan Maximum. Hysterical.

Reaction score

I saw a mysterious tweet from the SW celebration people around 1pm eastern and i quote

"#swcv staff is prepping boxes, sending supplies and getting stoked for an amazing Celebration! That said, got some amazing news to share..."

I wonder what it is

Jim

Reaction score

I've been a bit frustrated with the formatting of the official schedule so I made my own. I've done this for C's II, III, IV, and now V. It's an excel file with merged cells (doesn't import properly into google docs). Feel free to do what you want with it. Each day will fit in landscape mode on a legal size paper. The type is small, but readable. I make no guarantees on the accuracy of the data, but I've done my best to make it accurate as of today.

CV Excel Schedule 20100802

Reaction score

Wow! Looks great! Thanks for doing all that work and sharing it with us

Reaction score

Sure thing. If you have Excel, you can always remove some of the all day event columns and it will fit on an 8.5x11 sheet. You can also change the colors of the events to red or another color to highlight what you want to go see. You'll have to change the properties of the all day events to unmerge the cells to change the color of a couple rows in something like laser tag or the exhibit hall. If you do this, be sure to merge back the first 2-3 rows in a large column in order for the description to show back up.

Reaction score

Thanks Thistledown - I got your xls at CIII and CIV and it was easier to use than what is always provided!

Reaction score

Does anybody know what the "Celebration Experience" is? I haven't been able to find anything about it on the CV site; it looks to be an all-day event every day. Props perhaps? Also, did anybody else notice that they added more stages for The Main Event? The Collectors Stage and the Lecture Room are scheduled to show the simulcast according to the schedule. Wonder how many people those rooms can hold.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

deerumseth said:
Does anybody know what the "Celebration Experience" is?
The experience is the whole open exhibitor hall - from the Autographs, to the art show and the exhibitors.

IMHO, if Mitch Mitchell is not on Drums, then it's not the experience

Reaction score

Thistledown said:
I've been a bit frustrated with the formatting of the official schedule so I made my own. I've done this for C's II, III, IV, and now V. It's an excel file with merged cells (doesn't import properly into google docs). Feel free to do what you want with it. Each day will fit in landscape mode on a legal size paper. The type is small, but readable. I make no guarantees on the accuracy of the data, but I've done my best to make it accurate as of today.

CV Excel Schedule 20100802
I just downloaded and printed your Excel schedule. Excellent work!

Reaction score

awesome! much better than the one i printed a few days ago. thanks.

Reaction score

Nice work Thistledown, thanks for sharing!!

Reaction score

the badges look awesome...hope there is a way of getting a set at the convention...

Reaction score

DarkArtist said:
the badges look awesome...hope there is a way of getting a set at the convention...
Do you mean the convention badges? They'll be on sale at the CV Store, for $60.

Store Catalogue

Reaction score

I've got a question that I just cannot find an answer to. The Hyperspace people get in first, correct? Well, I'm Hyperspace but my father, who is attending with me, is not. Would he have to wait in the "regular" line while I wait in the Hyperspace line? Or can a Hyperspace attendee bring in a "regular" guy with him? I'm just trying to plan my mode of attack.
Thanks for any help guys and we'll see you there!

Reaction score

Chr2win said:
I've got a question that I just cannot find an answer to. The Hyperspace people get in first, correct? Well, I'm Hyperspace but my father, who is attending with me, is not. Would he have to wait in the "regular" line while I wait in the Hyperspace line? Or can a Hyperspace attendee bring in a "regular" guy with him? I'm just trying to plan my mode of attack.
Thanks for any help guys and we'll see you there!
He can come with you. You get one guest.

http://www.starwars.com/fans/event_news/cv_hyperspace_perks/index.html

Reaction score

If anyone has the hyperspace membership and wouldn't mind getting a fellow scummer in along with them, shoot me a PM!