Star Wars Celebration V Info & Events Thread

Reaction score
Reaction score
Re: Star Wars Celebration V Info & Events Thread

Happy birthday Justin
and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Reaction score

As instructed below by Justin, comments were copied and pasted within the appropriate thread.

Reaction score

This thread is intended solely to list all of the confirmed CV events/programming.

Please post any comments pertaining to an aspect of CV and/or your CV planning in the corresponding thread.

LS - please re-post your comments in the CV Hotel Thread .

Reaction score

JustinL said:
This thread is intended solely to list all of the confirmed CV events/programming.

Please post any comments pertaining to an aspect of CV and/or your CV planning in the corresponding thread.

LS - please re-post your comments in the CV Hotel Thread .
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. As mentioned above, I copied and pasted my comments where indicated.

Reaction score

Didn't want to start a entirely new thread for this question.

Has there been any mentions or rumors about another Celebration Europe at all?

Reaction score

Sweet! Seth Green is going. Wonder if Family Guy can't be too far behind.

From SW.com:

Robot Chicken Star Wars -- Seth Green and Matt Senreich speak about their shared passion for the Star Wars Saga, and how it led to the creation and development of the Robot Chicken Star Wars specials.

Reaction score

This sounds sweet!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Star Wars Video Game Universe -- Nearly every Star Wars game ever created will be brought together in a single location -- where they will be playable for the full duration of Star Wars Celebration V.

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score

Here's hoping! I live in London!

But it probably won't be in London...

Reaction score

I was wondering if someone has a pic or link to the CV floorplan.

I remember seeing it sometime back but not remebering where?

Thanks
Chris

Reaction score

Beanie said:

Thanks
Chris
You can find it here.

Reaction score

Defiantly want to be part of the droid hunt this celebration. Would love to get one of the Fett design badges to take home also.

Reaction score

Jorbex said:
Beanie said:

Thanks
Chris
You can find it here.
Thanks Jorbex

Reaction score

Curious, I haven't read anywhere with a winner from the cartoon network's giveaway, or any other contest that was out their. I know alot of people would like to hear about it , even if it wasn't any of us that didn't win.

Reaction score

awesome news.... it's going to be an awesome rush the next couple of weeks... I'm getting pumped now

Jim

Reaction score

You'll be spoilt for choice!

Will print them out the day before I leave the UK!

Reaction score

Ok, I know the schedules are likely to change so this may not be true but according to Steve Sansweet, overflow for the 'Main Event' will be in the Digital Stage so there has to be a block for the Celebration Stage and the Digital Stage at the same time. I'm thinking the 'Main Event' may be Saturday from 11:00am - 12:30pm

Reaction score

I was thinking the same exact thing (I had just posted that earlier over on the JC boards).

Reaction score

Thank the Force the schedules are up. I did notice that the Celebration store is only open 12 hours.

Reaction score

Lets just hope it doesn't turn out to be another C3 experience.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I don't think they can replicate that if they tried. The store seems to be in an accessible and open enough space that it shouldn't be a problem. And if they learned any lessons with management at C-IV, then this should run smoothly, even if it's not open 24/4.

Reaction score

I hope so, you know what they say sometimes history repeats itself.

Reaction score

Jovial_Jay said:
I don't think they can replicate that if they tried. The store seems to be in an accessible and open enough space that it shouldn't be a problem. And if they learned any lessons with management at C-IV, then this should run smoothly, even if it's not open 24/4.
I'll agree here - the line management was much better at CIV. I had gotten a "time ticket" to enter the store and went by a couple hours earlier and there were no lines at all. It will be nice if CV is the same or better!

Reaction score

leia214 said:
Jovial_Jay said:
I'll agree here - the line management was much better at CIV. I had gotten a "time ticket" to enter the store and went by a couple hours earlier and there were no lines at all. It will be nice if CV is the same or better!
But its a whole new company running this. There are no "lessons learned" as this is Reed's first time doing it. I'm sure LFL went over what to do and what not to do but still...I thought the 24 hour thing worked out really well and I was surprised to see it open only half the time now. We will see when we get there I guess.

Reaction score

epsilonjedi} But its a whole new company running this. There are no "lessons learned" as this is Reed's first time doing it. I'm sure LFL went over what to do and what not to do but still...I thought the 24 hour thing worked out really well and I was surprised to see it open only half the time now. We will see when we get there I guess. [/quote said:
I've been to the NYCC which Reed also runs. The first one was a complete disaster. But they do seem to learn from their mistakes, the last few ran much smoother.

I'm sure day one will be crazy, but hopefully it will calm down after that. The 24 hours was probably overkill at CIV, how many people were actually going to the store at 3AM?

Reaction score

leia214 said:
Jovial_Jay said:
I had a time ticket also, but never used it. when I went to the store it was very painless. I walked in, bought the stuff I needed and was done in less than a half hour. I was very pleased. Compared to the disaster at C3.

Reaction score

I must be in the minority but I waited in an hour-long line from entrance to exit at the CIV store. Perhaps I went on a bad day? (I think I shopped on the first or second day.)

Reaction score

I'd rather take that hour long line you had at C4 than my over 12 hours wait at C3.LOL

Reaction score

clonetrooper10 said:
I'd rather take that hour long line you had at C4 than my over 12 hours wait at C3.LOL
QFT! That line still give me nightmares.

Reaction score

Eric_Geller said:
I must be in the minority but I waited in an hour-long line from entrance to exit at the CIV store. Perhaps I went on a bad day? (I think I shopped on the first or second day.)
I went on the first day and there was no line at all. I think you just had bad luck.

Reaction score

Has there been any additional info on the live tattooing? It is on the event schedule, but I can't seem to find any info??

Reaction score

From Starwars.com:

"The Star Wars tattoo program at Celebration V is back, and this time with a new twist. Soon you'll be able to make an appointment with one of a selection of renowned tattoo artists who will be tattooing live at the event in Orlando. All four days of the show fans can also drop in to see if there is time available to get that awesome Star Wars tattoo they have always wanted.

What better place to get a permanent memento of Star Wars fandom than at the biggest Star Wars Party this side of the Galaxy? Marc Draven is heading up the Celebration live tattoo area. Check back soon for appointment information.

Shane Turgeon, author of The Force in the Flesh, is returning to Celebration to coordinate another fantastic Star Wars tattoo show, schedule for Sunday morning, August 15. Sign up for the event at the Celebration V Tattoo Pavilion on the show floor.

While you are there, check out the many skateboard decks designed and painted by exceptional artists. The decks will be auctioned off for charity at the Celebration Make A Wish Auction Sunday afternoon. Turgeon is coordinating "The Empire Skates Back" project, and has contacted some incredible talent to create these decks. Rare, one-of-a-kind works of art, they are not to be missed!"

Reaction score

AWESOME! Just saw that. I am going to set my appoinment as soon as it goes up!

Reaction score

FYI, from Twitter:
StarWarsCelebration: You're in luck: the mobile app's in the works! Stay tuned for the go-live notice.

That would be very handy.