Star Wars Celebration V 50 Day Countdown

Reaction score
Great update! The only thing that I noticed was that the map of level 2 cut off Room W221 which is where the USPS Cancellation station will be.

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Kenobi77 said:
Great update! The only thing that I noticed was that the map of level 2 cut off Room W221 which is where the USPS Cancellation station will be.
Nuh-uh!!
Just scroll to the right. It's highlighted in yellow but the numbers are kinda hard to read. I'll try to get that fixed over the weekend. Thanks for noticing!

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Chris Wyman Be sure to check out the newest version of our Official Rebelscum.com [url=http://www.rebelscum.com/prec5.asp said:
Celebration V Survival Guide[/url]. This is your one stop shop for all CV info including a list of all show exclusives, show schedules, floorplans & maps, transportation info, a dining guide, a vendor list, hotel info and more!
And more things added every day. Heck, at this rate, I'd updating 2-10 times a day. Just added Hodges new posters to the Exclusives list!

Reaction score
Jovial_Jay said:
Chris Wyman Be sure to check out the newest version of our Official Rebelscum.com [url=http://www.rebelscum.com/prec5.asp said:
Celebration V Survival Guide[/url]. This is your one stop shop for all CV info including a list of all show exclusives, show schedules, floorplans & maps, transportation info, a dining guide, a vendor list, hotel info and more!
And more things added every day. Heck, at this rate, I'd updating 2-10 times a day. Just added Hodges new posters to the Exclusives list!
And we appreciate it very much Jay!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 19

Today's Artist Spotlight features Steve Anderson & Matt Busch. Read more about both of these amazing artists and check out their Celebration V Exclusive prints below!

Steve Anderson

StarWars.com writes:

Steve Anderson has been a licensed Star Wars artist for over 15 years. His illustrations fill the Lucasfilm Style Guides for all six Star Wars films, the animated Clone Wars series as well as the four Indiana Jones movies. His style guide art has been used on a vast quantity of domestic and international merchandise sold in over 100 countries. Steve has been a professional artist for 25 years. After 10 years as an artist for Hallmark Cards, he left to create Steve Anderson Design in 1997. Steve has been the cover artist on numerous New York Times best-selling books for Random House Publishing and has illustrated more than 20 Star Wars book covers. He has created art for Hasbro Games and licensees of such studios as Disney-Pixar, Marvel, MGM Studios and Universal Studios. Properties include Battlestar Galactica, Serenity, Stargate, Lord of the Rings, Narnia, Polar Express, Spider-Man, Transformers, Jurassic Park and X-Men. See his work at www.steveandersondesign.com.

<center></center><center>
Title: "Agents of Destruction"
Edition Size: 250
Celebration V Exclusive</center>

Matt Busch

StarWars.com writes:

Since the early '90s, Matt has provided art for movies, television, books and comics -- including The Lord of the Rings, Night of the Living Dead, and Battlestar Galactica -- as well as such notable music acts as Beastie Boys, Foo Fighters and Poison. Within the Star Wars universe, Matt has worked on dozens of books, magazines, posters and more. In 2007 alone, Matt provided nearly 400 drawings and paintings for DK's You Can Draw Star Wars book. Since then, Matt has extended his own unique tutorials to video with many featured episodes on StarWars.com and topping the charts on YouTube. Matt has several published collections of his work, including The Worlds of Matt Busch and a brand new, over-sized Sketch In the Star Wars Universe book. Check out the official web site: www.MattBusch.com.

Make some time to stop by and chat with both of these guys during the show. They don't bite, we promise!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 18

Today's Artist Spotlight features Jeff Carlisle & Dave Dorman. Read more about both of these very talented artists and peruse their Celebration V Exclusive prints below!

Jeff Carlisle

From JeffCarlisle.com:

Born in the town of Shelby, OH (Birthplace of the seamless tube industry in America), Jeff Carlisle grew up in the bustling metropolis of Columbus, OH. There, he attended public school without being shot or stabbed and continued his education at the prestigious Columbus College of Art and Design, to whom he swears he will pay back his tuition.

A year or so after graduating from Art School, Jeff submitted art to the Star Wars fan site TheForce.Net, which resulted in a dedicated fan art gallery there and enough courage to actually talk to his peers. In the year 2000, A chance meeting with acclaimed fantasy artist and children's book author Tony DiTerlizzi resulted in a new friendship for both and persistent nagging from DiTerlizzi to "get in the game," which led to the 2000 GenCon game fair, which led to his first industry job: programming Binary Load-Lifters, er, drawing Starships, Droids and Aliens for Star Wars Gamer magazine.

After moving for a short time to San Diego California to work on a video game, Jeff returned to Columbus -- where he lives with his wife, Lisa, and their white hellcat, Snow.

After six years of freelance illustration and concept design, he has worked with a number of clients including: Alderac Entertainment Group (AEG), COSI Studios, Decipher, Goodman Games/Sword and Sorcery, Green Ronin Publishing, Lucasfilm Ltd., Paizo Publishing, Poop House Reilly, Presto Studios/Microsoft Game Studios, The Scarefactory, Inc., Topps and Wizards of the Coast.

Now, people actually pay him to do what he does for free on his own time, but don't tell anyone--that's a secret.

Dave Dorman

From DaveDorman.com:

Dave Dorman is an Eisner award-winning illustrator who has been working as a professional artist since 1979. He is best known for his photo-realistic renderings of action and fantasy subjects.

Dave was born in Michigan in 1958. The child of a military family, he lived in various places, including the Azores and Washington DC.

After only two years of college, Dorman enrolled in the Joe Kubert School of Comic Art. After one year and the realization that he would not learn the painting techniques in which he was interested, he quit the school. With the loving support of his parents, Dave spent the next few years teaching himself his, now well-known, oil-painting style.

He has done artwork for comic, book, and game publishers, including The Batman for DC Comics and the Indiana Jones and Star Wars series' for Dark Horse Comics. In addition he has done a wide range of book and magazine covers. Some of these include the Aliens paperback series, the Lone Wolf series, the Surfing Samurai Robots series and many other single book covers. His work is also showcased in the Bram Stoker nominated, illustrated novel Dead Heat from MoJo Press, and a book collection of his art, Star Wars: The Art of Dave Dorman.

Recent trading card art includes the Star Wars Galaxy sets, Universal Monsters' Incredible Shrinking Man subset, a Robin subset in the Batman: Saga of the Dark Knight trading card series, a complete set of 98 painted trading cards for the Skybox Masterseries: Malibu Ultraverse, nine cards in the Skybox/DC Masterseries, a 25 card subset in the Skybox Masterseries: Creators Edition and artwork for the accompanying CD-ROM game, and a card set of his art called The Best of Dave Dorman: Chromium.

Aliens: Tribes, an award-winning illustrated novel featuring 24 of his full paintings is available in hardcover and has been released as a trade paperback.

Dorman's work is also now available as a series of popular, limited edition, Star Wars lithographs from Rolling Thunder Graphics. His many continuing projects include the ongoing Young Jedi Knights and Han Solo series' of paperbacks, and toy design for the Aliens 4: Resurrection movie.

Title: "A Small Disturbance in the Force on the Battlefield of Hoth"

Be sure to stop by and check out both of these fantastic artists during Celebration V!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 17

Today's Artist Spotlight features Jan Duursema & Robert Hendrickson. Read on for more information about both artists and check out their Celebration V Exclusive prints!

Jan Duursema

From JanDuursema.com:

You've seen my art in Dark Horse Comics' STAR WARS ongoing series, STAR WARS: REPUBLIC, STAR WARS: JEDI, STAR WARS TALES, STAR WARS: EPISODE II comic adaptation, STAR WARS: DARTH MAUL. You've also seen my art on Marvel Comics' titles and characters such as THE INCREDIBLE HULK, SPIDER-MAN, WOLVERINE, X-FACTOR and THE UNCANNY X-MEN and at DC Comics on characters such as HAWKMAN, WONDER WOMAN and more!

Title: "Maul"

Robert Hendrickson

From RobertHendrickson.com:

Robert Hendrickson was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. At a young age he showed an interest in the arts that eventually lead him to the Art Center College of Design. Since launching his career as a freelance illustrator, Robert has created artwork for the entertainment, advertising, book and magazine industries. Client?s that Robert has worked with include Lucasfilm, The Jim Henson Company, Time Inc, IDG Entertainment and more. In 2005, Robert began officially creating artwork for the Star Wars universe. His work can be seen in the pages of Star Wars Insider to limited edition prints for Star Wars Celebration IV and Star Wars Celebration Japan. Robert currently resides in Southwest Florida.

Size: 18"x24"
Price: $40

Stop by and say hello to Jan and Robert during your Celebration V adventures!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 16

Today's Artist Spotlight features Craig Howell & JAKe. Read on for more info on both of these guys and check out their Celebration V Exclusive prints while you're at it!

Craig Howell

StarWars.com writes:

For more than 17 years, Craig Howell has worked as an illustrator and art director -- for books and magazine publishers, record labels, film companies and advertising agencies. Craig has worked with companies including Lucasfilm, ESPN, Warner Brothers, Interscope Records, Random House Publishing, Volvo, Universal and more. Designing and art directing everything from multi-platinum albums to best-selling novels, his work has reached international exposure. In 1999, he started Cheeba Productions in San Francisco and now resides in upstate New York. See more at www.cheebaproductions.com.

Size: 18"x24" , printed on a heavy 100 pt. stock

JAKe

StarWars.com writes:

London-based graphic artist JAKe's work is instantly recognizable -- having first come to prominence in UK publications such as NME, Esquire and Time Out. But it was his iconic work for The Prodigy on the Fat of the Land LP that first brought him to the attention of an international audience. JAKe is also the creator/writer/director of Geekboy, an acclaimed series of animated shorts for SyFy Channel. His work has appeared in The Mighty Boosh, The Times newspaper, the BBC, Ugly Duckling, and Steinski/Sugarhill Records, as well as in collaboration with Carhartt, Colette/Comme Des Garcon and the t-shirt labels 2K by Gingham and Gimme 5. Since he was first commissioned by Lucasfilm more than 10 years ago, his Star Wars art has appeared on posters and merchandise worldwide -- including Celebration IV passes, clothing, backpacks and stickers, as well as Adidas sneakers and even a t-shirt worn by George Lucas himself! Check out his website at www.jake-art.com.

Make your way over to these guys during the show and tell them Rebelscum.com sent ya!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 15

Today's Artist Spotlight features Ken Lashley & Erik Maell. Read on for more info on both artists and check out their Celebration V Exclusive prints available only at the show!

Ken Lashley

From Ledkillalives.blogspot.com:

l have been very blessed to have an amazing family...l have produced thousands of illustrations for every company you can think of...but at the end of the day l am most proud to be a father to my little girls. in my pro life l have worked for them all, Lucasfilm, lucas arts, Hasbro, Mattel, Dc comics, Marvel comics, Fox sports..etc..l have done a ton ....and l still got some juice..watch out....Emmy nominated( wow that sounds crazy..) l am currently drawing comics at Marvel , as well as developing my IP with Transgaming Entertainment, as well as tons of design for Mattel , Hasbro and others on some top secret stuff.

Erik Maell

StarWars.com writes:

Though Erik Maell is a relative newcomer to the Lucasfilm family of artists, he has already enjoyed a very diverse career, working both as a commercial illustrator and as a fine artist. His work as an illustrator has included assignments for Marvel Comics, Topps Trading Card Company and Victoria's Secret Beauty Corporation, as well as both the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises. As a fine artist, he has exhibited his paintings in many solo and group exhibitions across the United States and in Europe. See more of his artwork at www.aiekon.com/erikmaell.html

While you're at the show, take a moment to drop by their tables and say hi!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 14

Today's Artist Spotlight features Tom Hodges. Learn more about Tom and check out all of his insanely awesome Celebration V Exclusive artwork which will only be available at the show!
UPDATE: Nathan Hamill will be appearing at Tom's booth during the show!

StarWars.com writes:

Tom Hodges has been drawing Star Wars since the ripe old age of five -- way back in 1977. He's done it professionally since 2004 -- but he's not billing for the years in-between. Tom has been the lead artist on StarWars.com's Star Wars: The Clone Wars web-comic since its launch, and he is currently gearing up for the show's third season. He currently resides in San Francisco, CA with his wife Terri, their cats and a dog named Harley Quinn. To see more of Tom's work head to www.tomhodges.com and http://hodges-art.deviantart.com.

I recently asked Tom some questions regarding his amazing Celebration V print along with the free mini posters he'll be giving away each day of the show. This is what he had to say:

Question: What gave you the idea for a theme park layout for your print?

Answer: I have had this idea since around the release of Ep1. Minus Ep2 & 3 concepts. It was around my first trip to Disneyland and my first ride on Star Tours for me to ask "Why isn't there an entire park devoted to the Star Wars Universe.

Over the years. I've tinkered with the idea but until now never committed it to anything, especially like this.

Question: How long did it take you to complete the project?

Answer: I had the rough concept down last summer. I was assuming with the 30th Anniversary of Empire coming up that a Celebration was in the works. My wife Terri, Stan Stice (Ralph McQuarrie/Dreams & Visions Press) and Steve Sansweet urged me to make this my C5 piece. Once I was invited, I submitted the concept I did the previous summer and hoped for the best.

Once it was approved, the piece took over 100 hours to complete. Honestly, it was a lot of work and that's just the map. The Attraction Posters are a whole other animal.

Question: I understand there are some hidden characters in your piece. How many in total are featured?

Answer: No comment. Why ruin the fun of finding what's there.

Question: What was more fun for you to create, the print or the mini-posters?

Answer: Eh, fun should be used loosely. LOL there were times I wanted to cut my hand off working on this entire project. When I was working on it, some days were easier then others... But the end result is what I'm happy with. I couldn't be happier with everything I did on this.

Question: Do you think we'll ever see a Star Wars theme park (perhaps based on your print) and if so, where should it be located?

Answer: Yes, I do. It has too many possibilities not to happen. B. Wouldn't that be crazy?!? C. Central California. Good weather, lots of Space. Get Disney to build it and watch the magic happen!

<center></center>

<center>Title: The Star Wars Universe Dream Park
Size: 26" x 39"
Paper used: 80# Finch Fine Bright White Ultra Smooth
Edition size: 250
Price: $60
Remarque: $20 (pencil only)/$40 (ink/grays)</center>

<center> </center>
<center>Attraction Posters (5 total)
Size: 11" x 17"
Edition Size: 250 of the daily posters to be handed out at 2pm each day of the show in an orderly fashion. The Hoth Poster is at half edition size and will be given out at random throughout the show.</center>

<center> </center>
<center>Tom will also have two prints featuring art from the book Star Wars: Tales from the Clone Wars. Limited to 750 pieces each they will be available at the book signing, to be announced at the show.</center>

UPDATE:

1. Nathan Hamill will be appearing at Tom's booth off and on during C5. He will have APs of his TESB 30 print and possibly other goodies. A schedule will be posted soon.

2. On Friday, August 6 at 6pm PT, Tom be going LIVE on USTREAM to answer all things C5 concerning his print, his attraction posters, sketches... etc!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 13

Today's Artist Spotlight features Leah Mangue & Clark Mitchell. Read on for more info on both artists and check out their Celebration V Exclusive prints available only at the show!

Leah Mangue

StarWars.com writes:

Leah Mangue has created several hundred pieces of art over her lifetime -- running the creative spectrum from Pets Illustrated to high profile entertainment properties. Her licensed work includes Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Heroes, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, FX's The Pet Department and The Wizard of Oz. She has also illustrated magazine features, including Welcome To Santa Barbara, Star Wars Insider and Non-Sport Update, as well as the inaugural cover of the Chicagoland Entertainment Collectors Expo convention program and the blacktop at the Santa Barbara Mission. Leah is thrilled to be participating in her very first Star Wars Celebration Art Show.

Title: "Have Rifle, Will Travel"
Price: $35

Clark Mitchell

StarWars.com writes:

Clark Mitchell has been an illustrator for 27 years. He worked on his first Star Wars job with Studio 212 for Pepsi and then worked on The Queen's Gambit for Hasbro. After working with Studio 212 for several years, he started his own business with three of his co-workers and became 4G Squared. After four years and thousands of Star Wars illustrations, he left to pursue his own interests. Since then, he has worked with many clients, including Hasbro, Mattel, Coke, Pepsi, Bud, Miller, Coors and Corona, Black Velvet, Frito Lay, Time Magazine and many others.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 12

Today's Artist Spotlight features William O'Neill & Jason Palmer. Learn more about both artists and check out their exclusive Celebration V prints inside!

William O'Neill

From HurricaneE.com:

William O'Neill might have become an official Star Wars artist on Topps Star Wars: Heritage, and Revenge of the Sith card sets, but he has been an unofficial Star Wars artist since 1977, when, on the morning after seeing A New Hope, he was drawing X-wings and Wookiees.

William has gone on to become a professional illustrator and writer. His freelance resume includes: Fox Television, MGM, New Line, Jim Henson Productions, Inkworks, Hanna-Barbera, Cross-Gen, Image Comics, and Island Pictures. William, and his lovely wife Jan, co-own Hurricane Entertainment, where he co-created the popular comic books VIOLENT MESSIAHS and CHASSIS. As a solo writer, William has written screenplays and the acclaimed comic book series, JOHN CARPENTER'S SNAKE PLISSKEN CHRONICLES. He is currently writing ODYSSEY for BlueWater Productions.

Title: "Size Matters Not"

Jason Palmer

From JasonPalmer.net:

Illustration has always been one of Jason's greatest passions. He continues to work on a variety of projects - everything from Star Trek comic books, to prop art for various TV shows, licensed artwork for Warner Bros., Universal Studios and Lucasfilm properties, story boards, ad designs, and more.

Jason lives in Huntington Beach, California with his wife Yelena and cats Squeak and Tina.

Title: "The Saga"

Be sure to find these guys at the show and say hello!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 11

Today's Artist Spotlight features Ken Phipps & Malcolm Tween. Learn more about both artists and check out their exclusive Celebration V prints below!

Ken Phipps

From Hdia.com:

I was born in Texas City, TX and spent most of my childhood playing football, swimming in lakes, absorbing television, going to movies, and playing video games. I am the son of an Art History mother and Chemical Engineer father, which accounts for my love of art and computers. After graduating high school, I attended Louisiana State University where I earned a BFA in Graphic Design and played lacrosse for the LSU team. The first few years of my professional life were spent working on large main-frame computers, mostly slugging tape, for banks in New Orleans. I went back to grad school at CalArts in the Los Angeles area, and took a job at a furniture design studio, and began learning interactive design. Back then, most companies were just learning what could be done with computers, and I became a freelance consultant to motion picture advertising agencies in Hollywood. My love for movies, television and interactive work lead me to working with great clients. I freelanced in video, motion graphics and special effects all before the internet boom happened. Once the internet began to take off, so did I. I packed up and moved north to San Francisco, and took a full-time position at a startup called "C|net" where I continued to create video for their four television shows, and was Senior Designer for Gamcenter.com. Eventually, the desire to lead my own company pushed me back into the freelance world where I got to do great "flash" and video projects for tech companies like HP, Apple, Sun Microsystems. I also got work for Lucasfilm on Episode I, II and III as a style-guide artist. I continued to make great contacts in the bay area and joined a NYC based ad agency just opening their west coast office. I developed rich media advertising and microsites for their largest clients Disney and ABC. Eventually, I moved away from Northern California, and have continued to work remotely from North Carolina for clients on both coasts (and everywhere in-between).
Size: Approx: 12"x24", signed and hand numbered. Unique hand printed by the artist - 3 color serigraph on 100lb Cougar White Cover.
Price: $16
Edition Size: 125

Malcolm Tween

StarWars.com writes:

Malcolm Tween is the co-founder of Digital Progression, one of the UK's leading illustration studios. Digital Progression's clients include some of the world's best known names in advertising, design and video games. In addition, he has worked with Lucasfilm on campaigns for Revenge of the Sith, the original Star Wars Trilogy and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Beyond his association with Lucasfilm, Malcolm has worked with numerous game publishers including Sony, Microsoft, EA, Activision, Square Enix, Capcom and Sega. Malcolm has previously exhibited at Celebration IV and Celebration Japan and lives and works in sunny Bournemouth on the south coast of England. See more at www.digitalprogression.com.

Size: 19"x13"
Price: $35

Make time to stop by their tables and say hello during the show!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 10

Top 10 Excuses for NOT Attending Celebration V

10. It's too hot in Florida in August!
Let's face it, you'll be spending 95% of your time indoors, in an air-conditioned building. It will be perfectly pleasant.

9. I can't get time off work.
That can be a hard sell, but what will your boss say when they catch you reading Rebelscum.com & TheForce.net convention coverage in your cubicle? Call in a couple sick days and head on down!

8. It's too expensive.
It can cost quite a bit of money. But if you follow some handy tips (like driving, and sharing a room) and make sure to budget your purchases in advance, it will be cheaper than getting your Convention Swag after the fact.

7. Too far away.
Florida is surprisingly easy to get to. It's a major airport hub, and can be driven to from the majority of the continental United States within a day.

6. Have no friends to go with.
No friends? You'll be going to the largest Star Wars party of the year, with thousands of people that share your interests. What do you mean you have no friends?

5. Ack! Gators!
We suggest you stay out of the swamps, and on the paths. Go in groups and whatever you do, try not to sound like a turtle!

4. Isn't it sold out?
The pre-orders to have a pass shipped to you may be complete, but there are still plenty of one and four-day passes to be had. No one says you have to attend all four days!

3. Nothing fun to do.
There are 1,001 things to do at one of these shows. No one will ever complain about being bored! Between the autograph guests and exclusives, panels and interviews, film screenings and parties, giveaways and exhibitors -- you will have trouble feeling like there is too much to do!

2. I'm too old/young.
There are great things to do for all ages. Younger fans can enjoy the Star Wars Family Room or the paper crafts panels. Older fans will appreciate the thoughtful interview panels, this year focusing on the stars and creators behind The Empire Strikes Back.

1. It's too late.
It's never too late. We've given some great tips above, we've got a great on-line guide to help you plan, and all it takes now is YOU!!

Hopefully we've addressed all your questions and the only one we have is "when are you arriving?" See you in 10 days at Star Wars Celebration V!!!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 9

The Washington DC Area Star Wars Collecting Club, The Kentucky Star Wars Collectors Club, The Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club, The Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society, and the Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance are proud to announce a fantastic exclusive patch for fans to try and complete during the show. Read on for the full press release on this exciting and fully licensed exclusive with details on how to get your full set below!

<center></center>

Celebration V Exclusive 5-piece Collectors Club Patch Set Press Release:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Phone: 571-215-3679
Email: kingpin@dcswcc.org
Web: http://www.dcswcc.org

Five Clubs, Five Patches for C5

Five of the largest Star Wars collecting clubs in the US are pleased to announce a set of five themed patches for Star Wars Celebration 5. The participating clubs are The Washington DC Area Star Wars Collecting Club (DCSWCC), The Kentucky Star Wars Collectors Club (KSWCC), The Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club (OSWCC), The Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society (PSWCS), and the Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance (SWGFA). The five triangular embroidered patches, each sponsored by one of the clubs, fit together like a puzzle to form a larger image of Boba Fett, the show's de facto mascot. Design and artwork for the patches was provided by long-time web cartoonist Bill Cable.

All five patches will be available exclusively at Star Wars Celebration 5 and free to attendees, but quantities are extremely limited. Each club will be distributing their sponsored patch in a different way, which will be announced separately.

DCSWCC is one of the largest and most active collecting clubs in America, with over 60 members. The club meets monthly and holds special events throughout the year such as socials, picnics, and "Roadshow" appraisal events. For more information, visit the club website at http://www.dcswcc.org

KSWCC is a locally based club focused on helping members become better collectors, and helping each other in achieving their personal collecting goals. In addition to three regional monthly meetings where members keep fresh with what's new and in the stores, KSWCC holds larger annual gatherings which include the annual auction fund-raiser, Fall Social, and the Regional Holiday Gift Exchanges. For more information, visit the club website at http://www.kswcc.com

OSWCC is a great resource where collectors all over the Buckeye State can discuss collectibles, toys, and generally anything Star Wars. Their three regions host monthly meetings, and they have a strong online forum for their
275+ members. The club attends many local toy shows and has outings to big conventions like Celebrations 2, 3, and now 5! For more information on OSWCC, visit http://www.oswcc.com, where you will find up-to-the-minute information on how to obtain their piece of the patch.

PSWCS celebrates their 10th anniversary this year, and a highlight of the festivities is participating in their third Star Wars Celebration. Their
360+ members are dedicated to enhancing the collecting experience through networking, education, and social events. You can learn more about PSWCS at http://www.pswcs.com

The SWGFA consists of three clubs in the state of Florida: The Orlando System, The Tampa Star Wars Club, and The Treasure Coast Star Wars Club. We hold quarterly socials, local monthly meetings, and group outings. These clubs represent fans of the Saga, collectors, costumers, and above all, those who share a love for all things Star Wars. For more information on the Alliance, visit http://www.swgfa.com

<center># # #</center>

Read below to find out how you can collect a complete set of all five pieces!

DCSWCC

The Washington DC Area Star Wars Collecting Club (DCSWCC) is pleased to announce exciting activities and exclusives for Star Wars Celebration 5. All activities are free with your paid admission to Celebration 5 – just stop by booth #1421 in the main Exhibit Hall. Trench Run Mini Golf will challenge participants to send a golf ball “proton torpedo” into the thermal exhaust port, dodging TIE fighters along the way. Sinking a hole-in-one will earn you a prize such as the DCSWCC piece of the officially licensed Celebration 5 Collector’s Club Patch. Fans who attend the Star Wars Patches Panel will also have a shot at getting our piece.

KSWCC

You want the KSWCC patch? Look for our members in the bright yellow C5-exclusive T-shirts everywhere! In the the fan hall, the exhibit hall and the collectors panels, especially the patches panel!

OSWCC

The Ohio Star Wars Collectors Club crew will be mobile at CV, and here’s how to find us: We will be attending a lot of the collector’s panels (especially the patch collector’s one.) We will be hanging around the DCSWCC, PSWCS and SWGFA booths in the Fan Hall. We will be roaming around the show floor and doing all the same fun things you are! Several of us will be at the Last Tour to Endor Event on Saturday night. Feel free to say hello and we’ll give you a patch, until supplies run out. There is a limited supply for each day of the show. One to a person please, so that everyone gets a fair shot. See you in Orlando!

To make it easier to find us, we’ll be wearing a different OSWCC club shirt each day of the show:

Thursday: Our Blue logo shirt
Friday: Our 2010 Green club shirt
Saturday: Our 2009 Red club shirt
Sunday: Our 2008 Brown club shirt

We’ll also have OSWCC badges on a lanyard. All shirts and the badge to look for are pictured on www.oswcc.com.

PSWCS

The Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society will be in the Exhibit Hall at booth #1423 handing out our piece of the patch. You can also attend the Star Wars Patches Panel for a chance to grab one too.

SWGFA

The Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance will be in the exhibit hall at booth #1520. We have several great things planned for fans who stop by to say hello. We will have a slide show presentation of past events, a raffle with cool prizes, a giant replica of a very popular Star Wars vehicle and we'll be handing out our piece of the patch. You can also attend the Star Wars Patches Panel for a chance to score one there as well.

Star Wars artist Michael Locoduck Duron will be appearing at our booth from 12:00pm to 2:00pm on Sunday, August 15th! Note, he will not be selling his artwork, but he will be doing free caricatures & handing out a free CV exclusive goodie! Mark & Kay Minckiewicz (TheTallestJawa) along with their son Luke, world famous creators of FCTV (ForceCast Television) will be appearing at our table on Sunday as well! Be sure to stop by and say hello. You never know what they might bring with them. We can't wait to see everyone at the show!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 8
<center> </center>

Official Pix will be offering exclusive 8x10 Metallix photos for $10.00 each. The first 150 photos sold for each guest will include a free metal character pin! The artwork for these pins was done by artists Chris Reiff & Chris Trevas while Rebelscum's own Chris Holoka did the design.

Customers who purchase $100 or more in these special Metallix 8x10's will receive a limited free 'George Lucas" metal pin!

First come, first served. Limit one character pin, per actor, per customer. All pins offered while supplies last. 150 total Lucas pins. One Lucas pin per customer.

<center></center>

There will also be big a selection of regular 8x10 & 11x14 sized photos available at the Official Pix booth for sale.

Don't forget! For those that don't want to wait in line to get their photos signed, you can use the Official Pix Drop-off Service located right next to the Registration Booth inside the Autograph Hall. This will be the only service with exclusive private access to all Celebration V headliners. You can drop off your items, we'll get them signed, you pick them up...pretty simple!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 7

Today's Artist Spotlight features the legendary Ralph McQuarrie. Discover more about Ralph and check out his Celebration V print along with more exclusive merchandise and giveaways at The Art of Ralph McQuarrie booth below!

Ralph McQuarrie

StarWars.com writes:

As the design consultant and conceptual artist for the original Star Wars trilogy, Ralph McQuarrie helped to bring the vision of George Lucas to life. With only the director's script and words as a reference, McQuarrie played a pivotal role in creating the look of Star Wars with his painted images of exotic aliens, helpful droids, futuristic vehicles and mysterious landscapes. When Lucas needed to convince 20th Century Fox to finance his upcoming project, he commissioned McQuarrie to create several paintings, which included R2-D2 and C-3PO in the desert and Darth Vader dueling against a hero (then named Deak Starkiller) with lightsabers. The presentation was a hit, and the rest is Star Wars history. Over three Star Wars movies (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi), Ralph's sketches and production paintings served as the framework from which Lucas and his team worked. In addition to his film, television and published work outside the Star Wars Universe, Ralph created artwork for Star Wars books including The Illustrated Star Wars Universe, The Mos Eisley Cantina Pop-Up Book and Jabba's Palace Pop-Up Book. He lives in Berkeley, California with his wife Joan.

Title: "Bounty Hunters"
Size: 22"x24.5", individually Hand-Signed and numbered copies
Price: $180

Celebration V Gallery to Feature Early Ralph McQuarrie Artwork

The name Ralph McQuarrie will forever be synonymous with Star Wars. It was his keen eye, vivid imagination and artistic renderings that first brought to life the worlds and words of George Lucas' script while the young director was pitching his film idea to studios.

The amazing collection on display for the first time at Star Wars Celebration V is made up of more than 100 pieces from McQuarrie's personal collection -- some of which had been forgotten for decades. Just months after publication of The Art of Ralph McQuarrie -- which was designed to be a comprehensive, career-spanning retrospective of the legendary artist's work -- McQuarrie himself discovered a large, forgotten folder of art when some cabinets needed to be moved to access the failing furnace in the Berkeley, California home he shares with his wife Joan.

McQuarrie inadvertently had stumbled upon a veritable treasure trove of designs, sketches and concepts that literally had not seen the light of day -- in any form -- since they'd been laid aside decades ago. Since a second edition of the lavish hardcover book so soon after the first impressive volume was out of the question, there was no venue to showcase this tremendous find.

Until now.

The original works on display in this exhibition include character, creature, spaceship, weapons and planet designs, as well as numerous thumbnail sketches and original pencil drawings that were used in the making of the iconic Star Wars production paintings, Christmas cards and other items. Most notable, however, is the inclusion of the very first Star Wars sketches Ralph ever created -- the day he received the original script from Lucas.

Some of the work will seem familiar, since it led to McQuarrie's iconic production paintings. While none of the original artwork from the Lucasfilm Archives is on display here, in some cases the exhibit includes reproductions of those paintings to show the evolution from initial thumbnails to finished pieces.

Though he had never worked on a film production prior to Star Wars, McQuarrie went on to work as the conceptual designer on the film's first two sequels. He continued working as a film designer with the alien ships in Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and his work on the film Cocoon earned him the Academy Award for Visual Effects.

McQuarrie's incredible, imaginative and influential Star Wars art has been seen around the world and still continues to be an inspiration to artists today.

Exclusive Merchandise and Giveaways

For those looking to take a piece of the exhibit home with them, there's a 48 page souvenir guide containing all of the art on display. And to celebrate the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, 12 of McQuarrie's production paintings have been reproduced as 10- by 20-inch Metallix prints, limited to 80 of each print. Sharp-eyed McQuarrie aficionados may notice that two of the Metallix prints (albeit without the cool Metallix finish) were included in Ballantine's 1980 set of portfolio prints -- the remaining ten, however, are new to this format! Some of the prints will be available signed by McQuarrie and all of them will be numbered.

Finally, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, a set of nine trading cards showcasing photos of Ralph working behind the scenes as well as in costume as General McQuarrie will be given away (two cards per day, one day will be three cards -- 1,000 sets total). Fans who collect all nine cards will be able to assemble a puzzle of Ralph's iconic Yoda painting on the back! Get these at the exhibit or at the Dreams and Visions Press booth.

Dustin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm Ready! I'm Ready!
I'm Ready! I'm Ready!
I'm Ready! I'm Ready!
I'm Ready! I'm Ready!

Is it time yet?!

Grahame

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dustin said:
I'm Ready! I'm Ready!
I'm Ready! I'm Ready!
I'm Ready! I'm Ready!
I'm Ready! I'm Ready!

Is it time yet?!
I'm SO glad I'm not rooming with you

Reaction score
Is it really one week?

Travelling to Orlando in 2 days time, so will be out of touch till CV!

Don't fancy really looking at a computer screen once I arrive in Orlando!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 6

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Chris Trevas. Check out his extensive show schedule, some awesome exclusives and his amazingly detailed Celebration V Exclusive prints below!

From ChrisTrevas.com:

As you may be able to guess, Star Wars was an early influence in my life. As a kid I spent many an afternoon playing the intergalactic hero either with a toy laser gun or on a smaller scale with my action figures. Did you know a plastic Chewbacca will turn green after spending a winter lost in the Michigan snow?

I took my first official Star Wars job in 1995 working on the roleplaying game with West End Games. A year later, I graduated with honors from the illustration department of the College for Creative Studies in Detroit and went freelance full-time. My involvement in that galaxy far, far away grew as I became the primary artist for Star Wars Kids magazine and illustrated Star Wars children's books for Golden Books and Randomhouse Publishing. To date I've worked with nearly all of the big Star Wars licensees on a variety of projects. I've even become a bit of a writer with a regular article in the Star Wars Insider magazine.

I consider myself extremely fortunate to be living that childhood dream today making my own mark in the Star Wars universe.

<center></center>
<center>
Title: "The Hunter and His Prey"
Below the title is the movie quote which was the inspiration "I had no choice. They arrived right before you did. - Lando Calrissian"
Size: 18"x24"
Price: $55

With only 250 pieces available, this one is sure to go quick. Interested in sharing your own opinion on this piece? Check out the Chris Trevas Art Thread in our online forums here. Chris would love to hear your thoughts and so would we!

Mr. Trevas wrote us with his extremely busy CV schedule to make it easier to keep track of where he'll be and when during the show along with some awesome exclusives you won't want to miss:

My schedule and exclusives:

I will be signing Star Wars Essential Guides and Encyclopedia at the Barnes & Noble booth #129 on Thursday (6-7pm) and Friday (6-7pm).

I will be signing Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition with Chris Reiff at the DK booth on Friday (11am-12:30pm) and Saturday (2-3pm).

I am a part of the following panels:
Exploring the Star Wars Galaxy with the Essential Guides - Thursday 1:30-2:30pm, (Behind-The-Scenes Stage W414 ABCD)
The Jedi Path book overview - Thursday 3:30-4:30pm (Star Wars Classroom W300)
The Making of Star Wars Blueprints: The Rebel Edition - Thursday 5-6pm (Star Wars Classroom W300)
Star Wars Quiz Show - Friday 3-4pm, (Behind-The-Scenes Stage W414 ABCD)
Discover the Atlas: Inside the Star Wars Essential Atlas - Friday 6pm-7pm, (Behind-The-Scenes Stage W414 ABCD)

Chris Reiff and I will be talking to kids about the blueprints in the Family Room W311EFGH from 2 - 3pm on Sunday. We'll be handing out worksheets and letting kids come up with their own internal workings of an X-wing!

<center></center>

I designed a piece called Iggy's Eighty-Eight Espresso that will be available in the Celebration store as a coffee mug ($12) and an embossed retro tin sign ($20). It was created as a humorous nod to the fact that the part used to make IG-88's head was first used as a piece of set dressing behind the bar of the Mos Eisley Cantina.

<center> </center>

I illustrated the characters for two of the collector's panels cereal boxes, Admiral Ackbar Cereal and Greedo's (available at the Star Wars Patches Panel and Star Wars Collectibles Authors Panel respectively).

<center></center>

Chris Reiff and I did the artwork for the Official Pix Celebration V character lapel pins (45 characters in total). Each silver toned character pin is free with purchase of a Metallix 8"x10" photo. There is also a gold toned set which is free with purchase of a complete autograph set of Official Pix guests.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 5

Today's Artist Spotlight features the late, great John Alvin. While he may not be with us anymore, his amazing work will live on forever. Check out his VERY limited Celebration V exclusive print below along with a wonderful interview with his wife, Andrea.

John Alvin

StarWars.com writes:

The late John Alvin worked on more than 250 film campaigns, with over 100 finished posters to his credit -- including E.T., Blade Runner, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Gremlins, Legend and Willow. In addition to receiving the Hollywood Reporter Key Art Awards' grand prize, Alvin's E.T. was the only movie art ever to be honored with the Saturn Award from The Academy of Science Fiction, Horror and Fantasy Films. He has created more finished posters for Steven Spielberg-directed movies than any other cinema artist. Alvin has produced many special works for Lucasfilm. His Star Wars Concert and Star Wars Tenth Anniversary posters are among the most collectible in the market today. He also created the official Celebration I and IV event posters. Additionally, The Smithsonian exhibited Alvin's Phantom of the Paradise as one of the best posters of the 20th Century. John Alvin passed away in February 2008. His sudden death was a great loss to the Star Wars community, and his art will forever be regarded as some of the best in movie history.

Title: "The Cold of Hoth"
Price: $150
Edition Size: 100

We've been told that this particular artwork will never be released as a limited edition again! Read on for a wonderful interview with John's wife, Andrea.

ANDREA ALVIN INTERVIEW:

Leslie Combemale of ArtInsights Animation and Film Art Gallery, which will be featuring the art of famed cinema artist John Alvin in their booth at Celebration, caught up with Andrea Alvin, his wife, about what made John so special as an artist…

LC: John Alvin is most known as the artist who created the finished posters for ET, Blade Runner, Blazing Saddles, and some of the most collected Star Wars posters...What is it about John Alvin that sets him apart from all of the other poster artists?

AA: John was never just an illustrator. He was an extraordinary illustrator in the sense that he could imbue his subjects with a sense of excitement and emotion. He often brought an etherial quality that felt like cinematic lighting. Art directors and directors of marketing began to call it "Alvinizing." He had the ability to compose the art to create the sense of a big, important movie.

John went beyond being a "wrist for hire," and a maker of pretty pictures. He could do it all, from concept to copywriting to finished art. If the poster was more appropriate as a photographic solution, he would design the poster with the photos and enhance them with a mélange of art and photography. This was done before computers and later with computers.

LC: He did tons of movie posters, right?

AA: His contribution to entertainment posters in the 20th Century was comparable to no other artist. He worked on over 200 films and did the final poster art for 144 movie one sheets. He created posters that became icons of a generation. Mention the movie, and most people will describe John's art. All this, in a lifetime of only 59 years.

LC: I know John had a particular passion for all things Star Wars…

AA: Oh, yes. John loved Star Wars. He was a fan from the first day he saw it. He was asked, actually begged, to do a poster for the original movie, but was too busy working on what were considered "Important Films" and did not have the time to do it. It's the one film that got away. He went on to create the "Star Wars Concert Poster" which has become one of the most collectible of the Star Wars posters of all time. He has created memorable posters for Star Wars special events and a series of personal paintings called "The Force of Influence," many of which George Lucas has in his personal collection.

LC: Can you talk a bit about what John and his history with Celebration and what you're doing this year?

AA: John did the official poster for Celebration I. Three years ago he was a prominent presence at Celebration IV. He painted the event poster and created a limited print of the thirtieth anniversary of the original Star Wars. This year he is no longer with us, but I'll be at the Artinsights booth. We have produced a limited print commemorating the thirtieth anniversary of the Empire Strikes Back, featuring a painting by John that has not been seen before. Artinsights will be representing Johns original art and rare posters and prints. Acme Archives will have brand new limited prints of John's art. John always greatly appreciated his fans and I have been touched by the way they reached out to me to tell me what his art meant to them. Without John, this show will be very different from the last one for me, but I'm excited to bring the art that represents John's legacy to his fans at C5, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of his fans and collectors for the first time.

About ArtInsights at C5, (booth 1026):

ArtInsights Animation and Film Art Gallery will have a booth at Celebration 5 featuring the art of John Alvin and other original art that has been part of official Star Wars releases including images that have been used to create limited editions. Come by the booth to see the exclusive John Alvin limited edition created for the show and meet Andrea Alvin, as well as official C5 artist Randy Martinez and wildly popular Star Wars artist Christian Waggoner, both of whom will also have original art at the ArtInsights booth.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 4

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Marc Wolfe. Learn more about Marc and his awesome work and check out his Celebration V exclusive print below!

Marc Wolfe

StarWars.com writes:

Marc Wolfe has been doing art in the Star Wars galaxy for the past four years. Celebration V marks his third appearance at a Star Wars Celebration. Marc's realistic painting style has graced comic covers, posters, toy packages and more. His more recent work focus has been military art -- which he translated into an exclusive CV print celebrating the Empire's military might. You can see more of Marc's artwork at www.MarcWolfeArt.com.

<center></center>
<center>
Title: "Legacy of Valor"
Size: 16"x24" on 100pt silk cover-stock
Price: $40

Reaction score
Will load up the car and head out from OHIO in about 12 hours...stop overnight around Macon, Ga then hit Orlando Tuesday afternoon!!! See you all soon.. Almost there!

Reaction score
Flying on the red eye from Vegas tomorrow night. Two days of R&R out in the sticks at my Mom's place, then four days of non-stop sleep-deprived Star Wars salvation. I can...

not...

wait!

Reaction score
Good morning everyone! Just woke up. I'll be on-line for about an hour then I'll shave (trim my beard), shower, eat, and head off to Bishop International Airport! I'll be arriving in Orlando by 10:45am.
Boy, does that sound sweet! See you all there.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 3

Official Pix will be offering a super cool, brand new set of photos for all you Boba Fett fans! Each of the ten 8x10 metallix finish photos offers a cool view of everyone’s favorite bounty hunter! The set is limited to 500 photo editions. There will also be a ‘Signature Edition’ Photo set signed by Jeremy Bulloch, John Morton, Dickey Beer and Jason Wingreen on sale after CV in the online store. Check 'em out here!

Reaction score
Wow, how time flies. Only a few days left, then we will all be back here telling or experience from the show. Bragging on what swag we got and that. Then Chris will have to start the next countdown to C6, Years and days til this. LOL

Reaction score
And we thought we'd never get here. It has been 250 days since the show was announced!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 2

Official Pix will be offering a stunning set of 5x7 cards signed by every attending guest for Celebration V which comes in a beautiful leather binder. You also get a full set of the trading cards, 41 total gold metal character pins along with something very rare and very special! Want to know what that might be? Stop by the Official Pix booth during the show and find out! These sets will be extremely limited to just 25. Price to be set once all guests are finalized.