Star Wars Celebration V 50 Day Countdown

Reaction score
This is going to be my first Celebration Event; I am planning on going Saturday or Sunday. With only the one day to spend there, I want to make the most of it, especially for my 6 year old who just loves SW. Chris or anyone else that might have advice on ways to do that, I would appreciate it.

Reaction score
The fan hall would be neat for him, and with the building of hoth he can take a piece home with him on Sun., you guys can build it together. And there is the Autograph hall and meet the actors who played some the beloved characters.Don't forget to go to the 501st booth and get badge for the hunt for the droids game. Also there is laser tag, plus alot more to do. I tried to put out the stuff that a kid would love to do. Hope this helps some.

Reaction score
The Rebel Legion will also have a snowspeeder he can get his photo in
Don't forget the Droid builders!

Reaction score
That is great thanks everyone. That is perfect, SW celebration with my two sons, doesn't get much better mesa thinks.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 34

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist David Rabbitte. Read all about David and his stunning Celebration V Exclusive print below!

StarWars.com writes:

David Rabbitte is a professional illustrator who has worked in the animation industry since 1993, serving as a background artist on feature films such as Anastasia, Titan A.E., and Curious George. Currently working as a freelance artist, he is known for his Sci-Fi and fantasy artwork which has been featured on book covers, trading cards and comics. He has worked for clients including Lucasfilm, 20th Century Fox, Universal, Marvel, Byron Press Books, Boom! Studios, Sabertooth Games, Decipher, Topps and Upper Deck Trading Cards. Recent projects include a base card and 100 sketch cards for the Star Wars Galaxy 5 trading card set, sketch cards for Topps' The Empire Strikes Back 3D Widevision card set, and cover art for Boom! Studios Muppet Peter Pan hardcover book.

From David's website, SkyhookEntertainment.com:

My big announcement for the summer! I am one of the lucky people chosen to participate in Artists' Alley at Star Wars Celebration V being held in Orlando Florida, August 12-16 2010, and will be selling a limited edition print sold exclusively for the show.

<center></center>

My entry "The Clash of Lightsabers" will be limited to 250 prints and will be sold on 18" x 24" glossy paper.

Reaction score
My dumb question of the day:

I know that the deadline to get your tickets/badge mailed to you is July 11.

I already ordered of course, but do they mail them to everyone, or did you have to mark that you wanted them mailed on the order somewhere? I can't find anything on my receipt that tells me.

Reaction score
Shua, I believe they are mailing them out to everyone who orders before July 11. There's no option to pick them up at will call before that.

I ordered a program book when I got my badge, and I'm wondering if it's the same program that's just been shown (with the Martinez cover art)???

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 33

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Doug Cowan. Find out more about Doug and his Boba Fett themed Celebration V Exclusive print below!

Doug Cowan is from South Hadley, Massachusetts. Having been born after Return of the Jedi, he can say that he has truly been a lifelong Star Wars fan. Doug's Star Wars artwork first appeared in Topps' 30th Anniversary series. Since then, his credits include Star Wars Insider, "New Visions" for both Topps' Galaxy IV and Galaxy V, as well as Topps' Clone Wars and Empire Strikes Back Widevision card sets. A graduate of Pratt Institute, his work has also been shown at the Salmagundi Club in NY and The Society of Illustrators.

He cites Joe Johnston, Ralph McQuarrie and Nilo Rodis-Jamero's work in The Art of Return of the Jedi as a substantial influence. More of his work can be seen at www.dougcowan.net.

"... The idea of a bounty hunter means someone who will never give up. Also, a bounty hunter has lots of experience. When you think of a bounty hunter you don't think of someone starting out in the business. That's why we made him look like he had been through hell." -Irvin Kershner

<center></center>

The image shows bounty hunter Boba Fett and his ship, Slave I , shortly before the events of The Empire Strikes Back. He's tracked a fugitive to the desolate Outer Rim - essentially the ends of the Earth - and like the bounty hunters of the Wild West, he is looking to bring them in "dead or alive.

Doug's print will be limited to just 250 pieces!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 32

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Scott Erwert. Read all about Scott and his Celebration V Exclusive print below!

StarWars.com writes:

In a world of apps and tweets, Scott Erwert seeks to inject a little humanity into the everyday. He has recently illustrated and designed a visually rich series of "monster books" entitled How to be a Zombie, How to be a Werewolf and How to be a Vampire. A child of the original trilogy, Scott was thrilled to be asked to Skywalker Ranch for a stint as Art Director of Marketing, where he worked on all facets of the creative campaign for Episode II. Balancing and blending his efforts between fine art, illustration and design, Scott continues to build artistic solutions for a growing and impressive project list, including: The Art of Planet 51, The Complete Making of Indiana Jones, The Cinema of George Lucas, The Warner Bros. Story, Playboy -- Mutual Seduction, Philadelphia Phillies -- An Extraordinary Tradition and Star Wars 365 Days. See more at www.erwert.com.

<center></center>

<center>Title: "Rebel Alliance"
Edition size: 250
Star Wars Celebration V Exclusive</center>

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 31

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Michael Golden. Read about Michael and check out his Celebration V Exclusive print below!

StarWars.com writes:

Artist/writer/creator Michael Golden is best known for his late-1970s work on Marvel Comics' The Micronauts, as well as for his co-creation of the characters Rogue, Spartan X and Bucky O'Hare. As a conceptual cover artist, Golden has penciled everything from Batman and Captain America to Vampirella. He has served as an editor at DC Comics as well as Senior Art Director at Marvel Comics, and has worked on scores of movie projects, some currently in development. His art has been the focus of gallery shows in places as diverse as Gijon, Barcelona, New York, Antwerp, Breda and Brussels, while his class on storytelling has been conducted from Spain to Brussels to France to Canada to the United States – and most recently China. Currently, Golden is working for all the major comic publishers in the U.S. and abroad while working on his creator-owned properties as well as movie production design for several upcoming features. For more information on Michael and his work, visit his Facebook page.

<center></center>

<center>Edition size: 250

Reaction score
wow only 31 days away!

I and many others will be in Orlando in 30 days.

I can't wait!

alreay have my clothes set asisde for packing.

Reaction score
cprav said:
I was worried about that as well, but iirc you eventually get to a paypal page, so just make sure you check that the amount is just for the addition before approving the payment.
I went ahead and ordered our C5 Program and Shirts as an add-on today, but it altered out confirmation date for the tickets. I sure hope nothing ridiculous happens now like our tickets being for pick-up at the show instead of mailed or something...

Reaction score
ack! I hope it doesn't mess anything up as well!
you could always call or email to make sure?

Reaction score
cprav said:
ack! I hope it doesn't mess anything up as well!
you could always call or email to make sure?
I'm sure it'll be fine, but I sent an E-Mail anyway. Reed Exhibitions is awesome.

The problem is that I'm neurotic.

Reaction score
One month to go today!!

But my trip starts on the 7th!

Question: Is there only one official CV guide? As a VIP ticket holder, it's included in the price, so hoping it's the only official guide!

On another note, international ticket holders have to collect their tickets at the Convention Center itself. Hopefully everyone has the option of collecting theirs a few days before CV starts!

Reaction score
Check the main C5 thread - I got an email back. the programs should be the same

Also, I heard something about being able to pick up passes on Wednesday?

Reaction score
cprav said:
Check the main C5 thread - I got an email back. the programs should be the same

Also, I heard something about being able to pick up passes on Wednesday?
Just looked and thanks!

Hopefully we can collect our tickets at a time that suits us rather than them! There are other places to visit beforehand!

Reaction score
You should have no problem getting your tickets on wed. But I think they close early on wed. nite, like they did at C4. I was a voluteer for the con that one and worked that day helping set up.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 30

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Lee Kohse. Read all about Lee's vast career and the many different things that brought him to where he is today. Also check out his Celebration V Exclusive print below!

From LeeKohse.com:

Lee was born in Northern CA but moved to San Diego California shortly afterwards. In the early nineties Lee started worked in a comic book store and in 1992 he graduate from Chula Vista High School. Shortly after graduation he was approached to manage and Co-Own a comic store just south of San Diego in Chula Vista. Lee accepted but after about a year Lee left the comic retail business and began work as a freelance artist. In 1994 Lee enlisted in the US Marine Corps and became a heavily armed government clerk and toured the world. When it was discovered that he could draw better than he could type, Lee was transferred to the Graphic Arts section at MCRD San Diego where he finished his enlistment.

In 1996, Lee met Dennis Greenhill and began to get interested in comics again, this time as an artist. After getting out of the Marines, Lee pursued art as a full time job and became a freelance web designer and illustrator. In 1998, Lee and Dennis formed BloodFire Studios and began work on the vampire comic Dark Tarot.

Currently, Lee lives in San Diego doing freelance work as a web designer, illustrator, concept artist, and game designer.

Favorite Artists: Too many to mention. Check the links section for a bunch of sites.
Favorite Writers: Chaucer, Matt Wagner, Tolkien, and there is still room for Terry Brooks, Margrett Weis and Tracy Hickman
Hobbies: Art, Writing, Cyberpunk & Goth, Sci Fi films, and collecting original art.

<center></center>

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 29

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Monte Moore. Read about Monte's career and check out his Celebration V Exclusive print celebrating the 30th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back below!

From MavArts.com:

Thank you for visiting Maverick Arts. If you are not familiar with me or my work, here is a bit about my background and interests. I graduated from Colorado State University in 1993 with a BFA in Graphic Design/Illustration and was awarded outstanding Senior Portfolio in the State of Colorado from the Art Director’s Club of Denver. I have specialized in comics, gaming, pin-up and entertainment illustration for more than 20 years.

Awards I have won include two time winner of the World Fantasy Art Show for Best Black and White Art, and my work has appeared in Spectrum: The Best in Contemporary Fantastic Art several times. Along with having 6 books independently published of my fantasy and pin-up artwork, I have designed over 100 resin fantasy and gothic sculptures for 3 different international giftware manufacturers. I am also co-owner of MYNDzei Games LLC, which creates and market’s games illustrated by yours truly.

I live in a beautiful home in Colorado with fantastic views of the Rocky Mountains from my studio. I have a well known passion for motorcycles, which I ride, tour and paint. I am also an avid movie fan and have written 3 screenplays, with one in production in 2009. I also enjoy music of all kinds, scuba diving, gaming, martial arts and other diversions. Thanks for stopping by.

~ Monte Moore – Artist/Writer/Designer

<center></center>

<center>Size: 18"x24" on archival paper, with Silver Metallic Inks
Price: $50

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 28

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Tsuneo Sanda. Read about Tsuneo's career and check out his Celebration V Exclusive print celebrating the 30th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back below!

StarWars.com writes:

Born in Osaka, Japan, Tsuneo Sanda has had a varied career in the field of illustration. Beginning his career as a freelance designer, he went on to work with OMNI Magazine as a cover designer, in addition to creating original art to accompany feature stories. He established Creative House Sanda Ltd. in 1993 -- but it was not until 2007 that his varied career finally came full circle, and Sanda returned to the freelance artist circuit. Among his notable works, Sanda contributed poster art for Paramount Pictures' Star Trek 30th Anniversary campaign, and he has been providing Star Wars art to Lucasfilm since 1995 -- including book covers, comic book art, Celebration prints and the company's exclusive holiday card. See his work at http://www.sandaworld.com/top.html.

<center><a href="http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/c5/artprints/sanda_c5.jpg&text=Tsuneo Sanda
">
</a></center>
<center>

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 27

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Tim Proctor. Read about Tim's career and check out his Celebration V Exclusive print celebrating the 30th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back below!

Bio from StarWars.com:

Tim Proctor has been an avid Star Wars fan since early childhood and is excited to be a part of the Star Wars Celebration V Art Show. He discovered his passion for art at the age of three. Tim earned his BFA from the Memphis College of Art and has since been working as a freelance illustrator and designer. Working primarily in ink, acrylic and marker, he combines the subjects of pop culture, science-fiction and fantasy. His work has appeared on many surfaces, both two and three dimensional – from canvas and illustration boards to t-shirts and sketch cards. Recent projects include Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season One Widevision, Star Wars Galaxy 5 and The Empire Strikes Back 30th Anniversary set.

<center><a href="http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/c5/artprints/proctor_c5.jpg&text=Tim Proctor
">
</a></center>

<center>Title: "There Is No Try"
Edition Size: 250 prints
Print Size: 16" x 20" 100lb Cover Stock with aqueous coating
Price: $30</center>

We asked Tim to give us a detailed description about his first official Star Wars print and this is what he had to say:

“When creating this print for Celebration V I wanted to keep the concept simple and focus on one of my favorite characters from The Empire Strikes Back. For me, Yoda was the obvious choice. I also wanted to use a somewhat limited palette when it came down to color selection. When I think of Yoda, I think of the force. I wanted to capture an iconic moment that people remember from the film. To convey the force, Yoda's facial expression plays an important role in this piece along with the addition of the levitating rocks. The glow emanating from his hut contrasting with the background lighting and limited palette of the Dagobah backdrop helps sets the tone for the overall piece. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did creating this piece."

To see more of Tim's work, visit TimProctorArt.com.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
[image]http://www.rebelscum.com/c5/countdown/c5-countdown-30.gif[/image]

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 30

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Lee Kohse. Read all about Lee's vast career and the many different things that brought him to where he is today. Also check out his Celebration V Exclusive print below!

From LeeKohse.com:

Lee was born in Northern CA but moved to San Diego California shortly afterwards. In the early nineties Lee started worked in a comic book store and in 1992 he graduate from Chula Vista High School. Shortly after graduation he was approached to manage and Co-Own a comic store just south of San Diego in Chula Vista. Lee accepted but after about a year Lee left the comic retail business and began work as a freelance artist. In 1994 Lee enlisted in the US Marine Corps and became a heavily armed government clerk and toured the world. When it was discovered that he could draw better than he could type, Lee was transferred to the Graphic Arts section at MCRD San Diego where he finished his enlistment.

In 1996, Lee met Dennis Greenhill and began to get interested in comics again, this time as an artist. After getting out of the Marines, Lee pursued art as a full time job and became a freelance web designer and illustrator. In 1998, Lee and Dennis formed BloodFire Studios and began work on the vampire comic Dark Tarot.

Currently, Lee lives in San Diego doing freelance work as a web designer, illustrator, concept artist, and game designer.

Favorite Artists: Too many to mention. Check the links section for a bunch of sites.
Favorite Writers: Chaucer, Matt Wagner, Tolkien, and there is still room for Terry Brooks, Margrett Weis and Tracy Hickman
Hobbies: Art, Writing, Cyberpunk & Goth, Sci Fi films, and collecting original art.

<center><a href="http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/c5/artprints/kohse_c5.jpg&text=Lee Kohse">[image]http://www.rebelscum.com/c5/artprints/kohse_c5-tn.jpg" border="1" alt="Lee Kohse" title="Michael Golden[/image]</a></center>

Awesome piece! Another one I will have to pick up!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 26

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Jamie Snell. Read about Jamie's career and check out his Celebration V Exclusive print based on the hit television series The Clone Wars below!

StarWars.com writes:

Since the tender age of five -- when Star Wars first hit the big screen -- Jamie Snell has always wanted to be a Star Wars artist. With that said, he is beyond excited to be taking part in his first Star Wars Celebration Art Show. Graduating from Columbus College of Art and Design, Jamie has been working on and off as a freelance illustrator for over 10 years. Some of his credits include various sketch card sets from Topps, IDW Publishing: Beastwars Source book, Image Comics: Popgun Anthology Vol.1 , and various other inking projects.

<center></center>
<center>Title: "Bane"
Edition Size: 250 prints
Print Size: 18" x 24"
Celebration V Exclusive</center>

To see more artwork from Jamie, visit his Facebook page.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 25

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Kyle Babbitt. Find out more about Kyle and check out his Celebration V Exclusive print based on The Empire Strikes Back below!

StarWars.com writes:

Kyle Babbitt is an artist living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since Kyle was young he has had a love for art and Star Wars, never thinking that one day the two worlds would come together professionally. Since Kyle began work as a professional illustrator he has worked with such major Lucasfilm properties as Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Kyle is best known for his work as a sketch card artist. Some of the sets Kyle has worked on include: Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Galaxy 5 and Indiana Jones Heritage. Kyle is looking forward to his first convention appearance at Celebration V. Kyle's work can be seen at www.kylebabbitt.com.

<center></center>

<center>Size: 18"x24"
Medium: Markers, Colored Pencils and Acrylic

Be sure to stop by Kyle's table during the show and introduce yourself!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 24

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Ken Steacy. Find out more about Ken and check out his Celebration V Exclusive print based on The Empire Strikes Back below!

StarWars.com writes:

Ken is a crazy Canuck, who decided at age eleven to become a graphic novelist, even though the term itself had yet to be coined. He's written and illustrated Star Wars storybooks, comics, covers, and more for a quarter century, while also creating his own IP -- including the graphic novels Night and the Enemy (stories by Harlan Ellison), The Sacred & the Profane (with co-creator Dean Motter) and Tempus Fugitive (solo). He believes that specialization is for insects, and his favorite color is currently sanguine, as is his demeanor. Though they disagree about which is the best Star Wars episode, he is still happily married to author/illustrator Joan Thornborrow Steacy, and they have two very creative sons, Alex and Raymond. View more of Ken's art at www.kenspublishing.com.

<center></center>

<center>Edition Size: 250

Be sure to stop by Ken's table during the show and say hello!

Reaction score
I've seen anywhere from $30-$150. Most of the ones for CV should be in the $40-$50 range. I think the Vanderstelt is $100 and Dorman will be more.

Edit---I think that you meant prints in general. It really depends...(size, artist, paper, edition size, etc) Some ACME stuff is pretty expensive, upwards of $150.

Reaction score
For instance the Lee Kohse print. It's limited to 250. I have seen some of the prices for some of the prints listed about, but not all and not very much. So I was thought I would try to find out a little info, so as not to drop a kidney when I see the price. So far only 3 that I am looking to pick up.

Thanks!

Jovial_Jay

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Som artists have not yet set a price. Stay tuned for that information as we get it!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 23

Artist Spotlight: Russell Walks

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Russell Walks. Find out more about Russell and check out his Celebration V Exclusive print based on A New Hope as well as his Celebration Store Exclusive poster and limited edition print celebrating The Empire Strikes Back!

From RussellWalks.com:

Although his original career goals included both becoming bionic and joining the rebellion against the Empire, Russell Walks eventually decided that his destiny lie along another path, and chose art school over adventure. Since beginning his career as a professional illustrator in 1992, Walks has created art based on licensed properties for a variety of clients, including Lucasfilm, Paramount, Warner Brothers, and Marvel, while his award-winning children's themed work has appeared in a variety of books and magazines. Walks is also a successful painter; his personal work has won both regional and national acclaim, and hangs in private collections throughout the world.

Walks currently lives in Montana, where he spends his days drawing, painting and counting himself lucky that he actually gets paid for doing what he loves.

<center></center>

<center></center>
<center>Celebration V Empire Tribute
Celebration Store Exclusive
Size: 24"x36" poster with a matte finish
Edition Size: 2,000
Price: $10.00

Also as a limited edition lithograph on heavy rag-content paper, matte finish
Signed & hand-numbered
Size: 16"x26"
Edition Size: 100
Price: $60.00
</center>

Be sure to stop by Russell's table during the show and say hello!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 22

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Brent Woodside. Find out more about Brent and check out his thrilling Celebration V Exclusive print featuring Boba Fett!

From nihm-art.com:

Name:
Brent Woodside aka Nihm

America- Kansas (yeah I know- don't make fun)

Skills:
graphic design, comic art, conceptual art, character design, fantasy illustrations, storyboard

Education:
I have to credit my high school art teach Mr. Cost. I went to one semester of one class in collage and got a low C. I figured I could stay home and have people tell me I suck.

I have done professional:
writing, graphic design, comic art, conceptual art, character design, fantasy illustrations and storyboard art for the last nine years.

Clients:
Lucas Arts, Tolkien Estate, New line Cinema, Black ink graphics, Paper street publishing, Reaper magazine, Catholic High School Girl Press, Team Room With A Moose, Rotting Corpse Comics and Fate

<center></center>

Make sure you stop by and say hi to Brent during the show!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 21

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Brian Rood. Discover more about Brian and feast your eyes on his stunning Celebration V Exclusive print featuring a familiar cast of characters!

From BrianRood.com:

<u>Entertainment Artist Brian Rood</u>

Brian Rood is a professional illustrator working in the entertainment, comic and commercial art fields. He is most known for his [censored] female illustrations and his photo-realistic paintings of Hollywood's stars and characters. Brian has established an international fan base as well as an impressive client list featuring Paramount Pictures, Pressman Films, Lucas Film Ltd., Acme Archives Direct, Dynamic Forces, EA games, Blam Entertainment, IDW Publishing, Marvel Comics, Character America, Chaos Comics, Image Comics, Celebrity Art International, Decipher Games, Upper Deck, Z-Man Games, Kid Rock, Heavy Metal Magazine, Art Scene International, SQP Inc. & MG Publishing. He has worked on hot-name properties, including Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Transformers, Planet of the Apes, Star Trek, The Crow, X-men, The Matrix Reloaded, Marvel Characters: Spiderman, Hulk, Daredevil, Electra, and the Avengers, Battle of the Planets, Vampirella, Lady Death, Chastity and GI Joe. A bit outside the Sci-Fi / Fantasy realm in which he is best know, Brian has worked on artwork based on some of the greatest entertainers of the 20th Century. Greats like Ray Charles, Sammy Davis Jr., Frank Sinatra, and Richard Prior are just a few.

Projects including such pup culture icons like The World Poker Tour and American Idol have also been graced with the artist's creative brush.

Brian's latest works can be found throughout various retail markets including the collectors market, Hasbro toys packaging art for both the Star Wars and Transformers toy lines, the gift markets, books and magazines, posters and lithos, giclees, stickers, collectible cards for both Topps and Upperdeck, magnets and much, much more! Be sure to stop by the online shopping to pick up your official Brian Rood merchandise today.

<u>Background </u>

Born September, 1975 (Toledo, OH USA)

Brian began his career while in college, studying graphic design. He became interested in the field of illustration and started an internship with a local art studio that was breaking into the comic books industry. It was here, that Brian learned about the airbrush as a commercial illustration tool and quickly caught on to painting with it. Soon Brian was teaching other artists how to manipulate the tool and create images that rival photographs.

Brian attended his first Comic Book convention with only two paintings and not knowing what to expect. Much to his surprise, the convention was more then just comic books, it was a gathering of sci-fi, fantasy, horror, film, music, video games, pin-ups, pop culture, licensed merchandise, etc… that would soon be taking Hollywood by storm. He was in complete awe of the opportunities and possibilities that were contained within the convention center walls. For several years to come, Brian toured the various conventions across then country and began establishing himself with fans, collectors, editors, art directors, writers and other artists. Brian's untouchable talent got him jobs such as cover art, interior art, storybook illustrations, posters, collector lithographs, trading cards, and advertising/ packaging art. Brian's first art book, The Art of Brian Rood , was published in 2003 and has since gone into a hardbound edition.

<center></center>

Stop by and say hello to Brian during the show and check out more of his work!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 20

We are just 20 days away from the biggest Star Wars party on earth! Be sure to check out the newest version of our Official Rebelscum.com Celebration V Survival Guide. This is your one stop shop for all CV info including a list of all show exclusives, show schedules, floorplans & maps, transportation info, a dining guide, a vendor list, hotel info and more!