Star Wars Celebration V 50 Day Countdown

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:
epsilonjedi said:
Just go to the Celebration store before you get a lot of merch in the exhibit hall because the bags they gave away for C4 at least were huge enough to carry lots of goodies.
Which you then have to carry around in your...hands.
Ya but sometimes a backpack isn't enough if you know what I mean!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Jerry Vanderstelt. Many will recognize the name as he has created some of the most life like Star Wars pieces in the history of the Saga.

From VandersteltStudio.com:

I've been drawing since I was a young boy at the age of eight. My interest in Sci-Fi and Fantasy was sparked when I first read C.S. Lewis' "The Chronicles of Narnia" books. Later, I discovered J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings". C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien put their Christian perspective to work that made for beautiful storytelling, as well as leaving me with some profound truths that I found in their work. Their writings inspire my love for the genre today.

My client list includes: Ace, Roc, Pocket and Scholastic books, as well as the Franklin Mint, The Bradford Exchange,Vivendi/Universal Games, Capital One Bank, Hasbro toys, Acme Archives, Topps Trading Cards and Lucasfilm Ltd. I also work with Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema in the creation of licensed reproductions for my "The Lord of the Rings" fine art program.

I use the finest materials available for all my paintings, utilizing Holbein's "Areoflash" acrylic paint on Strathmore Hotpress 500 illustration board.

Jerry is among the many artists to be featured at Star Wars Celebration V this year with a show exclusive print that will be limited to just 250 pieces.

Reaction score
When will they start shipping the admission tickets and convention guide/program?

Reaction score
No problem SoonerSean. Does anyone know what gentle giant mini bust are they going to have????? Just wondering, and haven't heard it brought up yet or in awhile. I don't remember.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Katie Cook. Get to know Katie and preview her adorable Celebration V Exclusive print!

From KatieCanDraw.com:

I graduated from the College for Creative Studies in 2004 with a BFA in illustration, my love of cartooning and comics has led me to where i am today.

I've done licensed work for DC, Marvel, Star Wars, HEROES, Lord of the Rings, and more. I love being a nerd, so being able to draw nerdy things for a living is the best thing ever.

I have a weird obsession with toy collecting and robots. It's sad, I know and acknowledge that i have a problem. This makes it fine.

I'm married to the best guy ever. Ryan keeps me grounded while still being an enabler when I want to buy very expensive, stupid things.

I like my cats.
...I tolerate my dogs. one of them ate a couch.

i live in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area, which is a great city.

The constant support of my family, pets, friends, and even complete strangers, is what drives me to succeed in art. Thank you everyone, because of you, I am what I am.

Which means... I'm all your fault.

Katie is among the many artists to be featured at Star Wars Celebration V this year with a show exclusive print that will be 36" x 9" and limited to just 200 pieces.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
clonetrooper10 said:
Does anyone know what gentle giant mini bust are they going to have????? Just wondering, and haven't heard it brought up yet or in awhile. I don't remember.
They have not announced what their exclusive will be yet.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Kevin Graham.

From KevinGrahamArt.com:

Hot off the press… I went and proofed my Star Wars Celebration V print today for color correction, etc. Looks great if I’d say so myself! Colors are very vibrant. I had them printed on a nice heavy stock – 80# cover so they won’t get bent up easily. Great for framing as they arent to glossy. I will be asking $50 per print and will be available Only at Celebration V. The sooner you get one the better as I think they will go fast. Look forward to seeing you at Star Wars Celebration V.

Kevin is among the many artists to be featured at Star Wars Celebration V this year with a show exclusive print that will be 24" x 18" and limited to just 250 pieces.

Reaction score
Chris this daily countdown is great.

Getting to see items that will be up for sale and showcasing the limited edition artwork is a big service to me and others.

Thanks so much.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 39

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Joe Corroney.

From JoeCorroney.com:

Joe Corroney has been providing Lucasfilm with official Star Wars artwork for books, games, trading cards, comic books, posters and magazines since 1997. Other comic books he's illustrated include GI Joe, Fallen Angel, 24: Nightfall, Doctor WHO, Angel and Spike Vs. Dracula for IDW Publishing, Buckaroo Banzai, Kolchak The Night Stalker and The Phantom for Moonstone Books and Crimson Dynamo for Marvel Comics. Currently, he's providing cover art for IDW's new Star Trek series and BOOM! Studios' new Farscape comic books, developing his creator owned comic book series, Death Avenger and continuing to create new Star Wars artwork for Lucasfilm.

Some of the other licenses and professional publishers he has illustrated for are DC Comics, Hasbro, The Lord of the Rings, Heroes, Wizards of the Coast, XBox, Dragon Magazine, Sony Picture's Men In Black, Xena: Warrior Princess, ThunderBirds: The Movie, IDG Entertainment, Rittenhouse Archives, Paizo Publishing, White Wolf Publishing, Cinemagraphix, Last Unicorn Games, West End Games, Image Comics, Blue Line Pro, and Microsoft's Age of Empires collectible card game.

He was also the instructor for the Comic Book Illustration Course at the Columbus College of Art and Design in Columbus, Ohio (from 1998 - 2008) and has also taught the Ohio State University's Summer Comic Book Workshop.

Joe runs a full-time illustration studio and can be commissioned or contracted for work.

<center></center>

This print will be limited to 250 hand signed and numbered editions, 18" x 24" (or 46 x 61 cms) in size and will sell for $40 each. It will only be available for sale directly from me in the Art Show, hosted by ACME Archives, in the Celebration Experience Exhibit Hall at Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando, Florida from August 12th - 15th.

I am currently taking a list of reserve requests for prints prior to the show for pick up on AUGUST 12th ONLY if you email me directly at joe@joecorroney.com or through my Facebook fan page and type CELEBRATION V PRINT in the subject line. I will be taking reserve requests up until midnight on August 9th and I will only be accepting payment at the show. The artwork *will* be available for sale to all fans and everyone that attends the event and there will be *no limit* to how many copies you can purchase in person until the limited edition print is sold out.

This reserve inquiry list is meant for serious and interested fans and collectors ONLY (or their chosen representative) intent on purchasing the print from me on site August 12th at the show. The print will be held for you for pick up until the end of show time on August 12th. Due to Lucasfilm contract rules and regulations I can only sell this limited edition print artwork at Celebration V. There are no exceptions.

For those of you who own my previous Celebration IV Star Wars 30th Anniversary limited edition print artwork this is your chance to own the new companion piece as another rare and highly collectible piece of Star Wars art history.

At Celebration V I will also be signing my art, sketching for fans on-site and selling my original art from Star Wars Insider, The Star Wars Role-Playing Game, Hasbro, unpublished Star Wars art, sketch cards, Star Wars trading cards, Star Wars Empire and my other comic book artwork as well.

The Celebration V Art Show Hours (in the Celebration Experience Exhibit Hall) -

Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday, August 13, 2010 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday, August 14, 2010 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, August 15, 2010 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM

I hope everyone enjoys the artwork. I'm really looking forward to the show. Thanks for the support and I hope to see you in Orlando this August to celebrate the biggest Star Wars event ever and the 30th Anniversary celebration of The Empire Strikes Back!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Beanie said:
Chris this daily countdown is great.

Getting to see items that will be up for sale and showcasing the limited edition artwork is a big service to me and others.

Thanks so much.
You are welcome!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 38

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Cat Staggs.

From CatStaggs.com:

Illustrating over 130 cards for the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith card set for TOPPS, Cat joined the Star Wars / LUCASFILM family in 2004. The highly collectible artist’s sketch cards brought Staggs into the forefront of Star Wars fandom. Having produced exclusive prints for Star Wars Celebrations III, IV, and Europe, as well as illustrating short fiction for starwars.com.

Not content to only play in that galaxy far, far away, Cat also works in the comic book and film ranging from creating original character sketches for a new character by Stan Lee for POW! Entertainment to her work onon Rittenhouse Archives’ Complete Marvel Avengers, X-Men Archives and DC Legacy card sets, as well as The World’s Finest VS trading card game and Iron Man I and II trading cards for Upperdeck.Cat’s work has also been featured on The Lord of the Rings Evolution and Masterpieces card sets and three sets featuring Indiana Jones for TOPPS. She is currently working on cover art for two different top secret, soon to be released, comic books.

Star Wars.com has posted my artwork for Celebration V. “To Hoth And Back” The print is the third in a series of star wars propaganda posters. The previous two are pictured below. “Spirit of ”77” and “They Were Expendable” from Celebration IV and Celebration europe (London).

<center></center>

<center></center>

The print will be the same size as the previous two 18 x 24. It will also have the weathered, aged look. Printed on high quality giglee’ paper.

Celebration Art Show Celebration Experience Exhibit Hall
Thursday through Saturday, August 12-14
10:00 AM — 7:00 PM
Sunday, August 15
10:00 AM — 5:00 PM

Days, times, and location subject to change. Please consult schedule closer to show.

Cat's print will be limited to just 250 pieces, so don't wait to grab yours!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 37

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Grant Gould. Read on to learn more about Grant, his work and why he chose to do a The Clone Wars themed piece instead of a The Empire Strikes Back print for Celebration V!

From GrantGould.com:

I've been a freelance illustrator since 2004. My clients range from private collectors and small publishers to companies such as Lucasfilm and Topps.

<center></center>

StarWars.com has unleashed the first wave of exclusive art prints that will be available at Celebration V, including mine -- an Ahsoka piece titled "Around Every Corner."

As much as I loooove The Empire Strikes Back, I knew most of the attending artists would focus on Empire, so I chose to give the Clone Wars a little love and focus on Ahsoka. And let's face it - she's my favorite.
I decided to include some of the villains that have played a major role in Ahsoka's adventures thus far, too... Plus I thought it might be fun for people to be able to buy my print and then go get it signed by the voice actors: Ashley Eckstein, Matt Wood, Jaime King, etc. So hopefully people will dig it!

Like my last Celebration piece, this one will be 11"x17", and priced very affordably. More details (and announcements) to come! Keep an eye on GrantGould.com and of course StarWars.com over the next few weeks.

Grant's print will be strictly limited to just 250 pieces which are sure to go quick!

Reaction score
Love it!! Glad I ordered one.

and perhaps I channeled that announcement... just a little while ago I decided I might go to the space centre on my time off lol

Reaction score
I'm glad I preorder mine also. Off topic anyone needs a 4-day celebration badge, give me a pm. I have an extra since my buddy can't make it , alls I'm asking for is what I paid for it. If you need one pm me and we can make arangements.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 36

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Ben Curtis Jones. Find out more about Ben and his Celebration V Exclusive print below!

From BenCurtisJones.com:

As far back as I can remember, fictional stories have been a part of my life. In some way I managed to bond with subjects that only existed in my imagination. Particular themes moved me as I understood the symbolism of certain imagery and events which took place. With each piece of art I create, I interact with characters and places from different worlds grasping a higher understanding of what they are attempting to tell us. Overall, I hope my interpretations of these subjects speak to the hearts of the viewers allowing a greater focus on how these stories reflect our cultures...

<center></center>
<center>"Betrayal"
Medium: Colored pencil on Rives BFK paper
Size: 13" x 19" and will float evenly in an 18"x24" frame leaving a 2.5" space for a matte.
Limited to 250
Star Wars Celebration V Exclusive</center>

Reaction score
cprav said:
Love it!! Glad I ordered one.

and perhaps I channeled that announcement... just a little while ago I decided I might go to the space centre on my time off lol
Where can you pre order one of these?

Reaction score
cprav said:
It was an add-on option when I first ordered my 4-day months ago on the celebration site.

If you didn't order one, you should be able to add one to your order
https://www.compusystems.com/servlet/ar?evt_uid=227&site=CON&campaigncode=CampGE
Thanks! Now I understand why, I have had problems with that. I tried to order a t-shirt the same way and it did not come up for me. I had to go through customer service to get the T-shirt. Which I received last month. Guess I will have to do the same thing.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
yeah, I found adding stuff (the t-shirt in my case) to my order to be really confusing! Glad you got your shirt though and good luck with the program! Can't beat it for the price, I think.

Reaction score
for the price of the ticket they'd better include it! lol

Reaction score
According to Amanda Gochee from Reed Expo:
"The Commemorative Show Guide is a collector's item which will include scheduled events. There will be other guides available on site so you won't get lost in the shuffle!"

Reaction score
Usually they have a paper program at the front doors that is a map and gives showtimes on all the events. I should know since I was a voluteer last celebration and was giving them out at the front door while checking badges.

Reaction score
So can the cool commemorative guide only be purchased via pre-order? Do I need to add it to my order, or can I grab one at the show?

Reaction score
I'm sure you could pick one up at the show, but if you add it to your order you won't have to worry about that.
check the link a few posts up.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Star Wars Celebration V Countdown: Day 35

Today's Artist Spotlight features artist Mark McHaley. Discover more about Mark and his vibrant Celebration V Exclusive print!

StarWars.com writes: Working as a professional illustrator since 1989, Mark left his paintbrushes behind in 1995 to pursue music and other opportunities. In 2005, he reintroduces himself to illustration by taking on numerous sketch card sets including properties held by Marvel, DC Comics and Lucasfilm. Watercolor, Pencil, Pen & Ink are all mediums Mark loves to work in. Having attended Celebration Japan, this is Mark's second time participating in a Star Wars themed art show.

From MarkMcHaley.DeviantArt.com:

Here's my contribution to CV.

I wanted to take these popular ESB Bounty Hunters and put them in a non-ESB scenario. The flags display Jabba's symbol, as Bossk finds a lead and points Fett and Zuckuss in the right direction towards their prey. Just before....or just after the capture of Han Solo....it's up to you.

<center></center>

<center>"Bounty Hunt"
Size: 18" x 24"
Limited to 200
Star Wars Celebration V Exclusive</center>

Reaction score
I love this count down Chris. Just alittle more than a month to go. OOOOOOHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Are there enough days left to highlight each artist as well as mention some other events?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thistledown said:
Are there enough days left to highlight each artist as well as mention some other events?
Hoping to get all the artists in for sure. Typically we do seperate stories for big events that are announced.

Reaction score
cprav said:
yeah, I found adding stuff (the t-shirt in my case) to my order to be really confusing! Glad you got your shirt though and good luck with the program! Can't beat it for the price, I think.

I now have one of these ordered to pick up at CV! Thanks for letting me know about this!

Reaction score
Adding to my order really confuses me. They send me a link and I click it, then it sends me to a page that's been pre-filled in with items I already ordered like 2 tickets, pre-order shirts, UPS shipping, etc. If I just add the program and leave the other fields as they are, how will the system know not to add more tickets and shirts and stuff to my order as well?

I just don't understand their system...

Reaction score
I was worried about that as well, but iirc you eventually get to a paypal page, so just make sure you check that the amount is just for the addition before approving the payment.