Star Wars Celebration V 50 Day Countdown

Reaction score
Many thanks for the survival guide! It's always useful.

Just 50 more days fellas!

Reaction score
Nice Chris, it give us some info on the show in a nice easy way to look at and plan. Thanks Bud!!!!!

Reaction score
Ok, here's a process that you could do once the survival guide is available in PDF format. First, download the IBook app (it's free) and install it on your Ipod. Then, download Calibre from the internet (it's also free). From there, you can import the PDF file into Calibre and convert it to EPUB format. Once it's converted, import it into Itunes and then sync it with your IPOD or IPHONE.

Reaction score
Sounds a lot easier to just email it to yourself and load it while on wifi. That's what I've done with all my PDFs in the past (for college and whatnot)

Reaction score
Sorry kenobi, but cprav sounds easier. Off note though, are they going to do a fan club breakfast at all this convention? I would love to know, because haven't seen anywhere to buy tix for it.

Reaction score
I'm hoping (but at the same time NOT hoping... to save money lol) that they are! I just HOPE that if they do have one I can get tix. They're going to sell out like hotcakes and I spend a lot of time away from the PC on my work weeks

Reaction score
clonetrooper10 said:
Off note though, are they going to do a fan club breakfast at all this convention? I would love to know, because haven't seen anywhere to buy tix for it.
Beings that they disbanded the fanclub, I wouldnt get my hopes up for it. If they do, they either a) screw everyone that didn't have a membership prior to the announcement or b) will open it up to everyone and the chances of getting tix and hoping the server doesn't crash are very slim (ala the VIP tix). The breakfast usually costs upwards of $70 anyways and for what you get its not that great of a deal unless Lucas himself shows up (which is a possibility, though unlikely).

Reaction score
I was pretty sure they said they were doing a fan club breakfast and there was a shaded out unclickable link on thr OPX C5 website.

But that shaded out unclickable link has vanished, anyone else notice that?

Jim

Reaction score
Honestly? If they don't have a breakfast I won't lose any sleep over. I just want to go if they DO have one.
And IF they had one they could just open it up and have it be a fan (no club) breakfast like at Fan Days.

No point speculating until we get closer I guess.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Celebration V tip of the day:

You are most certainly going to meet many new people and make lots of new friends during the four day show. The easiest way to stay in contact is via email, so before making your way to Orlando, why not print out some info cards? Include your name, your Rebelscum.com or TheForce.net forum screen name, your email address and any other information that might be useful about yourself. This way, when you make a new friend, you don't have to worry about digging around for a pen and paper.

Reaction score
Hi All, For those of you inquiring about the Fan Breakfast, we have decided not to do one at Celebration. We felt that another $70 ticket on top of all the other add-ons at the convention was not in the fans' best interest. There's plenty to enjoy already. See you there! -Anne

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Anne. At least we can stop speculating now. It was a fun time at Fan Days, but I can't say that I'm not happy about saving $70! :p

Again, thanks for the update

Reaction score
Anne said:
Hi All, For those of you inquiring about the Fan Breakfast, we have decided not to do one at Celebration. We felt that another $70 ticket on top of all the other add-ons at the convention was not in the fans' best interest. There's plenty to enjoy already. See you there! -Anne
I know it was logistically crazy, but I really enjoyed them at C4.
Oh well...

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Anyone who's been to a big convention knows that you will spend the majority of your time standing on your feet. Sometimes it can be difficult to find somewhere to sit and rest with so many people around. Because of this, it's imperative that you wear comfortable shoes. This will save the day and create a much more enjoyable experience for yourself and those around you!

Reaction score
Great advice. If you buy new walking shoes, be sure to get them at least a couple weeks before the convention so you can break them in.

Reaction score
Seems like common sense, but definitly important. May I add that if you are doing a day in Disney, follow this as well. You have never known hurt like a Disney blister om 98 degree heat.

Reaction score
Off topic, got my C5 shirts in the mail today. Now it really feels like its getting closer to the con. On topic buy insoles also!!!!!!!!!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

As is true at any good convention, you are going to be busy! Above all else, remember to take the time to eat something and drink lots of water. It's very easy to let the day go by while you enjoy yourself, but you must not forget to take care of yourself as well. Bring bottles of water along with a healthy snack to munch on as you walk around and don't forget to take a lunch break!

Reaction score
Its good to see these tips on the board, it really makes a difference. Good job Chris, for putting these up for newbies and for the rest of us. Just wanted to say thanks.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

One of the most important things to do before attending a convention is research. Find out who has exclusives, where they are located and how many you'll want to grab. Map out your route, plan ahead and stick to it. Without a plan, you could spend hours wandering aimlessly through the show missing out on really cool stuff!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

With all the amazing things that take place at a Celebration, be sure to remember your camera! That also includes extra batteries, extra memory cards and a small bag to carry everything. There's nothing worse than having your camera die on you or being forced to delete photos to make more room. If you aren't traveling solo, it's also a good idea for everyone to have their own camera instead of trying to share one! More cameras equal more great photos.

Reaction score
Chris Wyman said:

Anyone who's been to a big convention knows that you will spend the majority of your time standing on your feet. Sometimes it can be difficult to find somewhere to sit and rest with so many people around. Because of this, it's imperative that you wear comfortable shoes. This will save the day and create a much more enjoyable experience for yourself and those around you!
My wife and I brought a small canvas stool with us so that if lines were really busy we could sit for a bit.

When we got to Anthony Daniels table at CIV he saw this and said he thought it was a great idea.

Reaction score
Great tip I need to get more rechargeable batteries.

I highly recommend rechargeable it's better for the enviornment and cheaper than one time use batteries.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Inevitably you will be making some purchases during the show. You will also be waiting in lines for autograph guests, panels, events, food, etc. You are going to need somewhere to put the things you buy and a backpack or shoulder bag is the perfect place. It's a hands free way to organize your belongings and alleviates the need to carry around large or small items with your hands. You'll need your hands for more important things like taking photos!

Reaction score
Just go to the Celebration store before you get a lot of merch in the exhibit hall because the bags they gave away for C4 at least were huge enough to carry lots of goodies.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
epsilonjedi said:
Just go to the Celebration store before you get a lot of merch in the exhibit hall because the bags they gave away for C4 at least were huge enough to carry lots of goodies.
Which you then have to carry around in your...hands.