Star Wars Celebration IV Auction

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Celebration IV will feature a Live Auction as well as daily Silent Auctions, providing ample opportunity for fans to fill in their collections with rare, vintage items that will have relatively modest reserves. Proceeds from the sale of the items, donated by the Lucas Licensing Archives, will benefit the Make-a-Wish foundation.

[/QUOTE]

More info at http://www.gencon.com/2007/swciv/events/auction.aspx

Reaction score
I´m waiting for the breakfast registration

Here in Spain now is 1:20am and I must go to the bed

I hope the breakfast registration will not be while I´m sleeping

Reaction score
HEY!! Good stuff. I was talking to the auctioneer recently and he said it was hush until all the details with LFL worked out. Good to see it's a go! I'm looking forward to seeing this.

John

Reaction score
UPDATE -- Looks like GenCon removed the auction link form their Events section. I guess they announced it at the wrong time (or were not totally sure they were going to have it).

I am going to lock this thread until the official announcement is re-posted on GenCon's site.

UPDATE -- The link is back up on GenCon's website.

Reaction score
Celebration IV Charity Auction
April 23, 2007

Celebration IV: Auction Of Vintage Goods to Benefit Make-A-Wish
Auctioning off the Galaxy...For a Great Cause!

From action figures to Underoos, for 30 years an endless variety of Star Wars branded fun has been available to fans. But vintage items are becoming harder and harder to find. Now, through the generosity of the vaunted Lucas Licensing Archives, Celebration IV will be the site of a major charity auction that will include scores of rare, classic items--many in mint to near-mint condition.

There will be both a major Live Auction as well as daily Silent Auctions, providing ample opportunity to fill in your collection--or start a new one--of rare, vintage items that will have relatively modest reserves. Looking for Power of the Force or Animated Droids & Ewoks figures? How about a case of four "minty" Radio-Controlled Jawa Sandcrawlers or JC Penney Sonic-Controlled Landspeeders from the original Star Wars era?

The bounty is huge and broad: Kenner action figures, play sets, carry-cases, vehicles, role-play, weapons, and creatures covering all three original movies and the Power of the Force line; Micro Collection sets; numerous craft sets; collector plates; Underoos; school supplies; banks; jewelry; costumes; model kits; lunchboxes; games; cards; cork boards...and lots more. While the majority of the items are from the U.S., other countries represented include the U.K., Australia, Japan, and France.

"We are really excited to give our fans and collectors the opportunity to pick up a 'treasure' from the Licensing Archives ," said Howard Roffman, president of Lucas Licensing. "We've gone through and picked some really choice items. We know that the people attending Celebration include some of our most loyal fans and it's great to be able to give them something back and have all proceeds go to a truly great charity."

Why pay online auction prices? Here's your opportunity to "steal" a rare item at a very low price and benefit a wonderful cause, the Make-A-Wish Foundation®, with which Lucasfilm Ltd. -- and the 501st Legion -- has had a long relationship.

"I'm sure this auction is a wish come true for legions of Star Wars fans, and it's fantastic that such a fun event will also help us grant the heartfelt wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions," said David Williams, Make-A-Wish Foundation of America president and chief executive officer.

In addition to the live Celebration IV Charity Auction, which will be held Monday, May 28 at 12 Noon in Petree Hall at the Los Angeles Convention Center, silent auctions will be held Thursday through Sunday at Celebration IV. Remember: Republic credits are no good here. U.S. currency (or credit cards) only!

Keep checking starwars.com for updates on what treasures you will find. Click here for full list of auction rules and guidelines.

My only issue is that I leave Monday am

Reaction score
Of the few items they listed, it is hard to even think what one may want. I am a big fan of botage Kenner. Hopefully we can get a sneak peek of what the live auction will have (maybe something really cool). I imagine the silent auctiosn will be smaller items. I am glad to see that the $ will go to charity.

Reaction score
My sense is that the good stuff will go for a mint because there will be so many fans and collectors present. I wonder if there will be a list of items prior to C4.

Reaction score
Yep, there are many of fans out there with deep pockets. It would be nice to see up front what they are planning to auction off though.

Reaction score
darthvader1usa said:
In addition to the live Celebration IV Charity Auction, which will be held Monday, May 28 at 12 Noon
I won't have any money left to spend by the time Monday comes around.

I might still go to the auction just to see what they pull out and what it goes for.

Who's gonna start the bidding at $750 for a ball of George Lucas' flannel belly lint?
-theropod

Reaction score
With all of the money that I will be spending at the CIV Store, Autograph Hall, Hasbro booth, Art Show, and on vendor exclusives, I highly doubt I will have even $5 left for any auction.

Reaction score
That's the truth, I'm already over $1000 and will probably need to cut some things. Maybe everyone will be low on cash and the bidding prices will cut down

Reaction score
darthvader1usa said:
I'm leaving early too. In the auction rules for the silent bids it says something about picking up your lots before you leave. How does that work for people who are leaving early I wonder?

Reaction score
dre222 said:
darthvader1usa said:
I'm leaving early too. In the auction rules for the silent bids it says something about picking up your lots before you leave. How does that work for people who are leaving early I wonder?
We can bid on the auctions thru Sunday but we have to pay & pick the items up Sunday. We just can't participate in the regular auction Minday

Reaction score
Well then, no auction for me I guess...
We're leaving early Sunday morning.

Reaction score
Its scary to think of just what they might pull out of the archieves! I might have $5 left to bid on a pillow case..LOL

Reaction score
wvstarwarsfan said:
Its scary to think of just what they might pull out of the archieves! I might have $5 left to bid on a pillow case..LOL
I don't plan on bidding for anything, but it would be great to go just to see how much some of it goes for.

Reaction score
I agree - I'd love to attend the auctions just to see the items from the archives and the insane prices that they sell for.

Reaction score
I would love to go to an auction where people start the bids out "LOWWWWWWW" People get excited because they want something and then they bid high amounts of money right away and then noone can afford to buy auction stuff except people with deep pockets. So pass the word to start bids "LOWWWWW". So there can be some great deals had.

Reaction score
I figure if there are a lot of sealed vintage items for sale, and they leave them sealed (cases of figures, vehicles, non-toy items, etc), a lot of dealers will probably bid on them. They could send them directly to AFA and get the U rating and then resell them.

I'm thinking that a lot of stuff will go high and it'll pretty much be dealers and collectors with very deep pockets.

E...

Reaction score
Maybe if we all pitch in we could buy something. I knwo I will be broke from all the itmes I am buying @ CIV.
LOL
I got 5 on it

Reaction score
darthvader1usa said:
dre222 said:
darthvader1usa said:
We can bid on the auctions thru Sunday but we have to pay & pick the items up Sunday. We just can't participate in the regular auction Minday
Silent Auction:
1. The Silent Auctions begin Thursday, May 24, 2007 and end Sunday, May 27, 2007.
2. Silent Auction bidding hours are: May 24 from 12 Noon to 6 pm. May 25 to May 27 from 10 am
to 4 pm.
3. Bids written on silent bid forms after the stated closing time will be deemed invalid.
4. Winners with single day badges must pick up their lot(s) by the end of the day indicated on their
badge. Admittance to the show will not be granted solely for the purpose of picking up your lot
without an appropriate day badge.

It seems like to me that you are able to pick up your stuff at the end of each day.. It says something for the people with single day badges have to pick their stuff up the same day..so i would think that means you could pick up your item(s) at the end of the auction day

There will be daily silent auctions Thursday (starting at 12 noon), and Friday through Sunday (starting at 10 am) in the West Hall Lobby

So I think you'd be able to bid and pick stuff up anyday of the silent auction...

Reaction score
Jentau said:
Silent Auction:
1. The Silent Auctions begin Thursday, May 24, 2007 and end Sunday, May 27, 2007.
2. Silent Auction bidding hours are: May 24 from 12 Noon to 6 pm. May 25 to May 27 from 10 am
to 4 pm.
3. Bids written on silent bid forms after the stated closing time will be deemed invalid.
4. Winners with single day badges must pick up their lot(s) by the end of the day indicated on their
badge. Admittance to the show will not be granted solely for the purpose of picking up your lot
without an appropriate day badge.

It seems like to me that you are able to pick up your stuff at the end of each day.. It says something for the people with single day badges have to pick their stuff up the same day..so i would think that means you could pick up your item(s) at the end of the auction day

There will be daily silent auctions Thursday (starting at 12 noon), and Friday through Sunday (starting at 10 am) in the West Hall Lobby

So I think you'd be able to bid and pick stuff up anyday of the silent auction...
Thanks!
When I listened to Sansweet describe it on the Force-Cast that's what I got too. Makes a lot more sense to do the silent auctions that way.

Reaction score
I hope there are no surprises. For instance selling off a few props, like the star trek auctions.

Reaction score
RediNight said:
I hope there are no surprises. For instance selling off a few props, like the star trek auctions.
I would love that surprise! Though I seriously doubt it, but you never know. A few years ago LFL put a few pieces on ebay for charity - one being a Stormtrooper helmet.

The auction is probably the highlight of the official convention activities for me. I can't wait to see what items they have lined up.

-chris

Reaction score
The auctions are going to be a highlight of CIV, but unfortunately a highlight that very, very few fans will be able to partake in. I can't see any fans there being able to make the financial committment necessary to bid on any of the rare Vintage items, especially things like sealed cases of figures and vehicles.

My feeling is the the vendors and dealers who could afford to swallow the huge price of these items will be the ones who benefit from the auctions. Yes the proceeds go to charity, but I highly doubt that will be a thought in their minds as they bid on the items. They are gonna be more concerend with taking their winnings and turning them around for profit as soon as they leave CIV.

Reaction score
Jedi_Justin said:
My feeling is the the vendors and dealers who could afford to swallow the huge price of these items will be the ones who benefit from the auctions. Yes the proceeds go to charity, but I highly doubt that will be a thought in their minds as they bid on the items. They are gonna be more concerend with taking their winnings and turning them around for profit as soon as they leave CIV.
This might be true. On the flip side, if the vendors do end up buying this stuff, it will be back out there for us to buy. Then, the money goes to charity AND we get another chance to buy it. But I don't think the vendors would pay an exorbitant amount for it if they couldn't get anyone else to buy it too.