Star Wars Celebration Anaheim - April 16-19, 2015

Reaction score
Yes!!! This is awesome news. Couldn't have picked a better location. Will be fun to watch all the smug FL and east coast peeps whine and moan now. That's right, it's our turn now, suckas!! lol:grin:

Reaction score
So happy about this. My family and I will finally be able to attend without spending a small fortune on air fare! Can't wait!!

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the timing? Right before Episode CVII is released. Maybe they can do one of those massive premieres with all the stars!

Reaction score
Yes!!! This is awesome news. Couldn't have picked a better location. Will be fun to watch all the smug FL and east coast peeps whine and moan now. That's right, it's our turn now, suckas!! lol:grin:
Smug East Coast peeps huh...I see how it is. SDCC is not enough for your Hipster West Coast Crowd? JK!

Live in South Carolina and looking forward to making the trip! The only bad part about it is having to learn the layout of another convention center.

Reaction score
One thing I like is the arena. It's a higher capacity than the Main Even room of the OCC, right?

Meeting RoomDimensionsCeiling HeightSquare FeetTheaterSchoolroomBanquetExhibit Booths
Arena
146 ' x 207 '45 ' - 89 '28,1407,500--1,200
10 ' x 10 '​

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the timing? Right before Episode CVII is released. Maybe they can do one of those massive premieres with all the stars!
I appreciate the timing because of the movie release but this is again during the school year. The August ones we after the start of the school year in my area and now this is before the end.

So much for the idea of being for the whole family.

Reaction score
I live in the east and will be going. I just wish they would post the prices for tickets now instead of waiting.

Reaction score
got spoiled with consecutive celebrations in my back yard... oh well, were headin to Anaheim! Its all good, it will be back in Orlando and the peeps in Anaheim will boo hoo as well when it happens. no biggie! BTW thank you for the local map... time to get general ideas on hotel prices!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wahoo!!!! Can't wait to be back at Celebration! B)

Although, it does seem a bit early for tickets to go on sale -- nearly two years in advance! :p

Reaction score
Sad that it's still 2 years (almost) away but super happy for Anaheim. About time it comes back to the best I mean west coast! B) Hopefully this means they have plans for Star Wars Weekends at Disneyland as well.

Reaction score
I'm from the East but I'll hopefully get the time off and funds to fly over for a good time!

Reaction score
I'm glad it's 2015. VII should line up with Episode VII (as the first three did), plus I plan on going to SDCC next year and can't really afford to fly to California twice in one summer.

Reaction score
No whining here... Jersey boy with a credit card and nearby airport... Celebration to celebrate a new movie!!! Can't get better than that.

Reaction score
I appreciate the timing because of the movie release but this is again during the school year. The August ones we after the start of the school year in my area and now this is before the end.

So much for the idea of being for the whole family.
CI, CII, CIII, CIV... not many issues with attendance or kids present... Actually, more of an attendance drop off noticed when the Celebrations started in Orlando.

Reaction score
Does anyone think this could also be a possible release date for SW7? Disney loves to premiere movies at Disneyland and this would be the perfect time to do so.

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm in

I've flown once & swore I never would again. The things you do for Star Wars

Reaction score
Are you still in the game Beek?
Never really left....heh. Even though I am not hardcore into "collectibles"...still involved in Vintage, I won't pass up a fun time of hanging with my fellow Scum buds. Like I said, Celebration 6 was an absolute blast.

Reaction score
CVII shall ignite Beek's SW flame!
I thought his fire had gone out of the universe. You my friend, is all that's left of their religion.

Seriously though, the SW celebrations are great just to connect with other fans and I hope to meet some of you guys on Scum. If you guys come a day early, we might be able to hit Disneyland on a Wednesday.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i'm glad i will be able to attend. it will be my third celebration. i had the opportunity to attend cIII in indy and cIV in los angeles and had a blast each time. i am really looking forward to april 2015 :).

Reaction score
Its been probably 25 years since Ive been in a plane....:$
I'll be 35 by the time Celebration rolls around. I've flown once when I was 21, so 14 yrs it will be.

The bottom line is if I don't go, I have to wait 4 yrs to go to a Celebration & who's to say it won't be in Anaheim again.

I'm live in NYC, I even attempted to mapquest driving directions yesterday, but 40 hrs each way, my daughter would miss to much school.

Reaction score
Vacation has been approved! See you guys in April...2015, LOL!

Do I get a prize for being one of the first to do that?

Reaction score
Live in WV, so I would have to fly no matter the location :)

Checked out the Convention Center on line and it looks fantastic!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Reaction score
I remember one of the complaints about CVI was that there wasn't enough time to plan, since there was less than a year between the actual announcment and the date of CVI.

You guys think having almost two years notice will boost attendance? Also, what about the fact that it's falling on an actual movie release year? I think attendance will see a MAJOR boost.

Maybe even the biggest one yet.

Last edited: