Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022

Reaction score
Did anyone actually get an email from Reed Pop yet? I haven't seen anything yet.

I had to do a double-take on that 2022 date,since I wasn't expecting it to be that far away. I understand it and hope that a full, unrestricted convention can occur.

I plan on letting my ticket transfer to the new dates, since it was so difficult to obtain initially. Unloading it later, probably won't be difficult. I would imagine that ticket supply later would be extra limited if tickets now are being held. I wouldn't want to fight anyone later for super-limited amounts of tickets.

Glad to hear that the ability to receive merchandise pre-ordered is an option and that other items will be available in the near-future, whatever that means. I assume by not requesting a refund, the merchandise will automatically process. I'm sure more info will come out about this

Now there is more time to save up money.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
disney alternates d23 and celebration out in socal. that was the plan originally. but it got altered over the lst 5-6 years. celebration one year, d23 the next. europe gets celebration then socal, then florida, then socal, etc

Reaction score
If you haven't received an email from Reed by the end of the day, you need to send an email to 'starwarsinquiry@reedexpo.com'. I asked about this on Twitter and this was the official answer.

Problem is though, that I did that in January and the only email I got was the "Thank you for contacting Customer Service! We will get back to you with an answer as quickly as possible."-email and after that nothing. So I don't have much confidence in them. To this day the only emails I have received in relations to Celebration 2020 is my receipt for my ticket and then the "Thank you for contacting… yada, yada, yada"

Reaction score
FYI - I e-mailed Reed today with a question, and I got a response in about 5 hours. In case anyone else has the same question, I was asking about kids badges - both of my kids qualify for a kids badge for 2020, but by 2022, they will be too old. I asked if they would still be able to use the kids badges. Unfortunately, the answer was no - but there will be a way to upgrade kids badges to adult badges by paying the difference.

Reaction score
If you haven't received an email from Reed by the end of the day, you need to send an email to 'starwarsinquiry@reedexpo.com'. I asked about this on Twitter and this was the official answer.

Problem is though, that I did that in January and the only email I got was the "Thank you for contacting Customer Service! We will get back to you with an answer as quickly as possible."-email and after that nothing. So I don't have much confidence in them. To this day the only emails I have received in relations to Celebration 2020 is my receipt for my ticket and then the "Thank you for contacting… yada, yada, yada"

Still no email arrival, so I just sent an email to them. In case the email would be needed somehow or that future emails don't come, I wanted to reach out for info.

Sol

Reaction score
Whether or not people receive an email is irrelevant. It's posted on the main Celebration website, so that should be sufficient.

Plus, for those of us that don't request a refund, we get a sick pin!

Reaction score
2022 sounds good to me. There's no telling if summer 2021 will be much better than now. I really hope it is, though.

Reaction score
Cele. in 2022 is good, getting my goodies I ordered in Nov. is good, getting a Stormtrooper pin is good! (just as long as it's enameled metal.) All is now good! Let's rest for a bit now.

Reaction score
2 years is probably best, as it will likely take a whole year just to spread the vaccine around to people across the globe. That's after it's approved and sufficient supply is made for all.

Reaction score
I'm getting the reimbursement as I want to pay off the credit card at this time. I'm not even sure if I want to go to a large scale convention come 2022. I wonder though what Celebration 2022's theme will be as this one was the celebration of Empire's 40th. I think they should have pushed the show back to 2023 and made the theme the 40th of Return of the Jedi.

Reaction score
anyone get an email from lyte for a request of a ticket to sw celebration 2020.?.? it's some kind of exchange...

Reaction score
I'm getting the reimbursement as I want to pay off the credit card at this time. I'm not even sure if I want to go to a large scale convention come 2022. I wonder though what Celebration 2022's theme will be as this one was the celebration of Empire's 40th. I think they should have pushed the show back to 2023 and made the theme the 40th of Return of the Jedi.

There's currently a Star Wars movie scheduled for December 2022. If that date holds, that will obviously be a big deal. Even it gets pushed to 2023, that will still have a presence.

You'll also probably still have The Mandalorian going along with Kenobi and Cassian. There's a good chance there's a new animated series by then. There's also the Leslye Headland show. So there could potentially be a ton of content in 2022.

Reaction score
Who's to say 2023 won't have a Celebration? After all, if things had gone according to plan we would have had back-to-back events in 2019 and 2020.

Reaction score
you don't have to go everyone.. Yes, I'm a big fan, but I stick to the ones on the west coast. and as you get older, there are things you can't do anymore. conventions are literally a death trap for me, personally.

Reaction score
I'm glad this was cancelled with all the messes going on in the country. lack of transportation, funds due to job loss, diseases, riots, European restrictions( for European fans) etc. now more lockdowns! more infections! oh-my! Age matters not for me, I will go to either Anaheim or Orlando(yes, Orlando, never been to DW) Let's help dthstr1977 get to the next Cele!

Reaction score
no need for the help. didn't think I would make it to see the force awakens, I did. then I got a nice shiny object that keeps me going. my body may leave this earth, but there will be something of me left...😄

Attachments

• lifesvaer.jpg
    lifesvaer.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 15
Reaction score
I hope you will be able to go to Cele. in Anaheim dthstr1977! we are up here in WA. state and Calif. is indeed a more convenient location! let's hope that the "current situation" is over by then, I hope you will be feeling better by then! Don't give up yet!

Sol

Reaction score
I rolled over my ticket for the next Celebration. It'll save me the stress and hassle to secure another multi-day pass.
What did you do to roll the tickets over? The message on the Celebration website says there's nothing we need to do, it'll happen automatically.

Reaction score
What did you do to roll the tickets over? The message on the Celebration website says there's nothing we need to do, it'll happen automatically.

I think there was a link on the site to do it, but yeah, if you go there now it says do nothing and they'll roll over.

Reaction score
It has always been a case of not needing to do anything. And it says so quite clearly on the site.
If you want a refund, then they need info, but if you want to transfer your ticket to 2022, then it will happen automatically after the cut off date on August 26th. All tickets that hasn't been requested refunded, will be transferred to 2022, and they have your info from when you bought the ticket, therefor they don't need info to transfer your ticket.

Reaction score
I decided to take the refund option at this time. I'd rather pay off the credit card and await the next Celebration instead of holding onto the tickets. I did keep my merchandise on the order.

My only gripe with the refund is that it's being sent via PayPal and I have to wait till August 24th to receive the refund.

Reaction score
I rolled my tickets and merchandise over to 2022. They're already paid for and I won't need to worry about"GETTING" my 4 day tickets when they go on sale again. I believe they will limit the ticket sales even in 2 years due to "SOCIAL DISTANCING"that probably will still be around, especially in California. (I HOPE I"M WRONG THOUGH !!!!!!!!!)

Reaction score
If there's still social distancing in 2022, I don't think it'll be worth the trip for a compromised Celebration. Cons next year could be iffy, but I think things will be pretty normal in two years. There's optimism we could have a vaccine at the start of the year.

Reaction score
If there is social distancing and mask wearing 2 years from now, the world will be in a lot of trouble! epidemics don't last that long! UGH!!!

Reaction score
if covid and it's surrounding affects are here in 2022, we, as humans, aren't worth a damn. the world will be in a lot worse shape then to worry about conventions. period.