Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022

Reaction score
Maybe that page was put there to encourage fans "all is not lost"? time is running out, people are losing money saved, I wish Reed would hurry up.

Reaction score
^ Now this is getting weird, first link took me to a FB page that said it's London 2021 and now I'm getting Anaheim 2021.

1589012781980.png

Last edited:

Coz

Reaction score
That 2021 page has 45 following. The one I posted a screenshot of has over 200K following. If you search star wars celebration on FB it takes you there. Is that 2021 page legit?

Last edited:
Reaction score
EDIT: facts not conjecture, and definitely no politics.
Unfortunately politics plays a large part in deciding if this will happen or not. I'm leaning 100% not happening as the governor just moved CA into phase 2 opening up smaller business for curbside pickup only. Phase 4 is large sporting events, concerts, and presumably cons like this so he would have to move phases fairly quickly which is very much in doubt. ReedPop decidedly will wait until the last moment (just like they always do) so they can get bailed out by their insurance and not have to pay the convention center or hotels tens of thousands of dollars in cancellation fees. I expect they will wait until June to give us any other further updates.

Reaction score
Unfortunately politics plays a large part in deciding if this will happen or not.

What you wrote in your post above is fine. It's the arguing over whether X or Y governor is right/wrong is what must be avoided.

Reaction score
Dsineyland resorts are starting to take reservations for july 1st. hotels only. parks still closed.

Reaction score
only the hotels have reservations. the restaurants will still be closed. there still is a lot to do and see in orange county. it is only about 30-45 minutes away from Hollywood a well.

Reaction score
But then Hollywood attractions would be closed or extremely limited to access, you may need a mask for the smog that would've returned! Who knows what stage the 're-opening" may in in a couple months!

Reaction score
Yes, but dimly sometimes and surrounded by an pinkish haze, I grew up partially in Long Beach when the air was clean and the sand at the beach squeaked when you walked on it. If smog gets as bad as it was, wear a mask!

Reaction score
California didn't extend till august. taken out of context. it will be gradually opening stuff up through august and then some

Reaction score
not really, we are pretty much in the same boat as LA. the guidleines are set by the governor and since we have a high # of cases, we follow LA as a guide. so whatever goes with LA, so does OC.

Reaction score
I'm sure it's going to be cancelled, they are just waiting to have a new date before they make the announcement. My niece lives in Orange County not far from Disney and she said they WILL NOT be having any large gatherings in the area till at least the Fall.

Reaction score
Let's have a rebellion, the Gov. can be the MC! he will see what fun he will be missing due to this slowness! If Seattle has Emerald City Comicon, I'll have to go to that one in Sept.? but then ,celebrities may not show up, it's run by Reed too.

Reaction score
I live in SoCal and we‘re in Phase 3 now. With Phase 4 being last phase with theme parks and cons. That’s over two months away. This could still happen.

Reaction score
I live in SoCal and we‘re in Phase 3 now. With Phase 4 being last phase with theme parks and cons. That’s over two months away. This could still happen.

Less than 80 days and still no guest announcements, panels etc. I'm not holding my breath that the show will happen in August.

I still think this show should just be cancelled already and refunded or postponed till 2021. I can't imagine how they can logically pull this show off. I mean how many people are seriously planning on going and possibly risking getting sick. Also how is the Convention Center going to handle the amount of people allowed in during the event. I mean 10,000+ people per day and trying to maintain a safe distance of 6 feet apart is not going to be easy. I also believe we will all have to be wearing masks as well throughout the show as I don't see that ending anytime soon.

Also on the off chance that someone is sick at the show and tests positive for the virus that would mean everyone at the show itself would also have to be tested and quite possibly quarantined to prevent the possible spread of the virus. How are they going to handle that. Is the staff going to be checking temperatures of the guests and spectators upon entry into the convention center? I think there are just too many unknowns that need to be addressed 1st and foremost before even debating about having this show.

I work for the government in NJ and we have just entered Stage 2 of the recovery process and our indoor gatherings at the point are no more than 50 people inside with a social distancing of 6ft. there is no way that in 2 months time that number is just going to disappear and return to door wide open and everyone pile in.

I'm debating cancelling my hotel reservations and airline tickets and possibly taking a hit on the show ticket.

Reed pop and Star Wars Celebration should just issue the refunds and or credits for a 2021 show as I'm sure I'm not the only person who would rather have the show postponed and funds refunded.

Reaction score
they will announce either way at the last possible minute. I live very, very close to where the show is suppose to be held. not all food places are open for dine in. they are still a ways to go before everything will be open. also, phase 3 doesn't mean anything until everything is opened up. yes, we are in phase 3, but some places are erring on the side of caution. not all places are opened their normal hours before the pandemic. not all places have full capacity. movie theaters are allowed to open this Friday, at 25% percent capacity or no more then 100 people period. not all theaters will open. it just means more things are allowed to open, but that doesn't mean they will. Disneyland pushed back their hotel reservations from July 1st to the 15th, and might get pushed back again. Friday and Saturday are sold out. how will social distancing work.? how will the booths work.? will they ask for people to refund their tickets because they over sold based on a new capacity.?? my money is still on them cancelling/postponing the August show. also, how many people still want to go and how will the celebrities act.???? they in a sense have the most to lose in a certain way...

Last edited:
Reaction score

Yeah, but let's think about this logically.

Even when theme parks reopen (as we've seen in several cases throughout the country), there will be substantial attendance and social distancing restrictions in place -- most likely for months. Conventions are every bit the germ-spreading powder keg that theme parks are (if not more so). Add to that the fact that Celebration draws crowds from not only this country but all over the world.

At this point, it's borderline irresponsible that ReedPop hasn't announced a cancellation/reschedule.

Reaction score
odds are the show will be moved into next year at another location, like 2020 never happened or they will just move from august to say march/april. celebration 2015 was april of that year.

Reaction score
if they get government approval, Disneyland scheduled to open July 19. coachella 2020 is officially cancelled on the other hand. that was suppose to be October 2020.

Reaction score
2020 = Jumanji and we're 1/3rd of the way through level 6.

There are 11 levels followed by a boss fight.

Reaction score
Sounds to me like a trip to Disney parks should be put off till the following year or later, i don't know how much fun a person can have amidst these types of conditions. You go to these places to interact and enjoy the surroundings, not fear for your life simply being around other people.

One sneeze an you're quarantined...

Reaction score
About eating out, if Cele. were to happen, with all the restrictions in place, making it miserable, you have the gut-trucks possibly, delivering delicious food, and outside too!

Reaction score
You go to these places to interact and enjoy the surroundings, not fear for your life simply being around other people.

It is one thing to fear or not to fear for your own life, but those who go to Disney or Celebration if it should happen in August are running the risk of getting the disease and passing it on to someone else, be that family or friends or someone at the grocery store and ultimately perhaps be the cause of their death. Most survive, but too many die of this ****.

I just learned today, that my cousin, whom I haven't spoken too in 4 month have had it twice, two different strains of it (according to doctors), so you can't even claim to be safe if you have had once, maybe there is even more than two strains.

I really hope they come with a postponement announcement soon, cause I will likely have brain meltdown if they go ahead with Celebration in August. I REALLY don't want to miss a Celebration, but at the same time I feel it is irresponsible and selfish to go to Celebration or Disney for that matter in these times. At the moment though lack of airfare is putting a natural stopper on going, but that could change before August. So a postponement of Celebration and an airline that doesn't fly to Los Angeles would be preferable, so I can get my airfare money back.

Reaction score
Taking my admin hat off for a minute, I agree that it can't go ahead. The risk is that Celebration draws too many people into a small area, the likelihood of a carrier coming in contact with others is high and there will be further spread of the virus. That's a public relations nightmare. One thing in favour of it getting cancelled is the closed borders. No international guests or convention-goers will have a chance of attending. And that has will have a financial impact. And personally, if it does go ahead I'll lose huge amounts of respect for Lucasfilm. It needs to be cancelled so wounds can be like clean.

Rumours have abounded for the last two days that there is an announcement coming in the next day our two, so perhaps something is in the wind.

Admin hat back on now.

Reaction score
admin hat or not ( no disrepect), everyone needs to look at the whole scenario with "common sense". first and foremost, look at all the actors from 1977 sw to 2019 rise of skywalkers. what do most have in common...??? just off of my head, over the age of 60, hamill, ford, lucas, mcdiamid, bulloch, plus anyone who worked on OT movies. there are some from the new batch. another big factor, a lot of them are from England. which has it's own problems and the borders are closed like Jeremy said. the only regret to some, might be that this was probably going to be the last convention some of the celebrities were going to. I know that jeremy bulloch has parkinsons disease, plus his mind is slowing down, not in the good way. the last show he did officially was vegas toy con 3 years ago, I think. we as fans, we should be grateful we have the opportunities to talk and "geek" out at these shows. never should we take them for granted. hope this makes sense. the old saying applies here " as we get older, we do get wiser". just not always in the right ways....😁 and on the my last note, I still remember and in a way, cherish that hour or so plus of time I was able to talk to and listen to mark hamill while I was on the clock . imagine, getting paid to hear and interact with a star from the best movie of your childhood. we have to look for the future, not the present.......

Coz

Reaction score
It's easier for me. I live in San Diego and have not had to book a flight or anything. I'm not going even if they don't cancel. I'll eat the cost of tickets for my wife and I. That being said, they should cancel and should have done it already. Many people could probably use that money right now.

Reaction score
a lot of them are from England.

I'm putting my pedants hat on now. They are from the United Kingdom (or at a push Great Britain). England is not a soverign state and those of us from outside of this region get very offended by being labelled as English. It would be the same as me using the "Oklahomans" as a term for anyone from America.

My pedant hat is off.

Reaction score
Sad to see it but the announcement was expected.

Wish they could find a way to transfer hotels vs cancelling them. Then there is the Disney After Dark tickets to deal with.