Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022

Reaction score
Thank you for making my day and cheering me up! ID's idea for a biohazard suit (with appropriate patches and such) is very creative at this time! I don't see how anyone would be offended. the outfitted fans are being "realistic" if you are looking for the ultimate protection.

Reaction score
Getting itchy to go. I was already looking at the area around Anaheim, since I'll have a car with me. May seems so far away.

Reaction score
I need May to get here. I need Celebration. Megacon was a few month ago and I just can't wait for another con.

Reaction score
We need some info regarding guests, special performances, Celebration only special items for sale etc.
Will there be reveals for new shows? Will we get any teaser trailers for upcoming productions?
Also, what is going to be the theme for this Celebration?
In the past we have had at least a little bit of info to peak our interest.
The longer we have to wait for any snippet of information makes me wonder if the Con is getting closer
to being cancelled/pushed back for another year.
Fortunately the hotel prices (which I check on a regular basis) have not come down to todays levels.
I take this as a good sign that Celebration is still a go.

Reaction score
I think the only reason they're waiting is basically because of Covid but sports stadiums, other conventions, schools, etc have had no problem hosting events.

Reaction score
But Cele. is different in the way it's run, esp. with the current situation, Due to this virus mess all the mandates take the fun out of Cele. I may not be going-weep.

Reaction score
That's why it should have been moved to Florida. I'll never understand it but I guess based on contracts it had to stay in CA.

Reaction score
I think the only reason they're waiting is basically because of Covid but sports stadiums, other conventions, schools, etc have had no problem hosting events.
I think Convention Organizers are simply focusing on Cons one at a time as opposed to ones a couple months from now

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
remember, california is different. has a lot of rules and regulations. there are county rules and then there are city rules. which takes preference city or county..??? plus, other cons have been pushed back and have taken dates that celebration might have taken. look what happened to sdcc. they ended up on the worst set of weekend possible. thanksgiving weekend. booths, available. tickets availble, parking availble, exhibitors going, next to no one. no hasbro, no marvel, no dc, no gentle giant, etc. so you have so many different cons competing against each other for dates to their liking. celebration being memorial day weekend will be interesting ...... I live 10 minutes from the big D.

Reaction score
Yes, and the rules keep on coming! this Cele. could end up sort of small with a lot of uncomfortable people, esp. if it's hot out. but then, it'll be springtime-who knows.

Reaction score
Yes, and the rules keep on coming! this Cele. could end up sort of small with a lot of uncomfortable people, esp. if it's hot out. but then, it'll be springtime-who knows.

Heat shouldn't be an issue, since the convention is indoors.

I remember walking 20 min to the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando for CV and CVI. It was super humid during the summer, but it didn't stop anyone.

Reaction score
Yes, I remember that, very pleasent and cool in the morning. but that's Orlando, yes, I prefer Orlando too! I meant Anaheim, yes, it'll be May, but it can get hot standing in line for who knows how long. esp. people in masks and costumes. It would be so good if those mandates were eliminated by then! it would make things easier(not to worry about masks and papers please) and feel the freedom we once felt at Cele. I hope-very much those "things" will vanish soon. Yes, the first line is outside, the second line is inside the building. ugh.

Reaction score
during the time for celeb, it shouldn't be hot and humid. the weather has always been very pleasant during that weekend. with climate change, things are all messed up all over, but we will know for sure the weather usually about 10 days out. for sure.

Reaction score
You can't really do anything about lines; people just have to grin and bear it...

Reaction score
D.B. that's right about those lines! that's a part of convention life. but fans should not have to wear masks outside in the clean air(?)that could depend on Mandates-will there be more? fires, will there be more? As D.S.77 mentioned, uh-oh! climate change! if there are fires raging, all should wear masks! I hope, very much, that the virus and mandate mess are over by then so fans can enjoy themselves as they used to! lines actually can be tolerable then-again.

Reaction score
Given that Cali's Wuhan numbers are double since their stupid mask mandate and Florida's Wuhan numbers are way down without a mask mandate logic would dictate (sorry to go all star trek there) that the convention should be moved to Orlando immediately.
I just checked the calendar for the month of May and the week of May 8th. - 15th. is open. That means Thursday - Sunday, May 12th. - 15th. are available and the perfect days for Star Wars Celebration.
Unfortunately we know that is not going to happen. But why should we. Remember, this is disney. The company that gave us the last jedi.

Reaction score
Given that Cali's Wuhan numbers are double since their stupid mask mandate and Florida's Wuhan numbers are way down without a mask mandate logic would dictate (sorry to go all star trek there) that the convention should be moved to Orlando immediately.
I just checked the calendar for the month of May and the week of May 8th. - 15th. is open. That means Thursday - Sunday, May 12th. - 15th. are available and the perfect days for Star Wars Celebration.
Unfortunately we know that is not going to happen. But why should we. Remember, this is disney. The company that gave us the last jedi.
They aren't moving the dates

Reaction score
I don't believe they'll move the dates either, I just wish it was still going to be in Aug. but Disney is counting on the holiday for extra bodies and money! Orlando in spring must be nice.

Reaction score
What’s “Wuhan”…? 😛

(A bit out of place to bring up TLJ too, no?)

Regardless, the convention isn’t moving. Location and convention space are negotiated years in advance.

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, As for Cele. and location, only 2 available, Calif. and Florida. The only thing that can change this is "the Wuhan"- this can change the dates definitely. things "cannot' get worse,( can they?) let's be positive now.

Reaction score
So true...maybe we have to be happy with the things they offered for the original Cele. date. maybe they will offer more for ESB. I would like a Wampa mug, with the Wampa glaring at you from the inside of the mug, remember the cute Porg mug? I was only able to get one of those, wanted a pair. but am grateful for one!