Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2020

Reaction score
Yes the Lyte page is up but when it first went up weeks ago I got in line for a 4 day and I was #35. Ok not bad. However when I checked after it came back up I was in the 50s!!! How does this happen?? There’s some really shady stuff going on.
My 4 day queue still says 75th in line, same as the first day it was up before it was taken down (actually I started out 76th and have went up a spot. Someone must have cancelled). That issue is with you.

That being said, I'm not concerned. There will definitely be tickets for both of us. It's a non-issue.

Reaction score
Hope you have progressed in your place in line Hutt, hope everyone is able to get their tickets in time! All is quiet here now, I am a Force Ghost.

Reaction score
There has been some more hotels opening up via the hotel portal on the Celebration site. If needing one, take a look.

Reaction score
Any word on dates yet? I agree that Summer in So Cal isn't very much fun with the heat, so I'd prefer Spring or Fall.

Reaction score
Any word on dates yet? I agree that Summer in So Cal isn't very much fun with the heat, so I'd prefer Spring or Fall.
Yeah, you're a bit late to the party. It's August 27-30. At this point, only Thursday and Sunday tickets remain. 4 day passes sold out in under an hour this time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Think again, the fires are burning now and we can only hope next year that the weather will be better! yes, if there are fires burning it's hot! due to the basin area Anaheim is in and smog! I grew up part of my life in S. Calif. but it wasn't like this back then. dress light and have sun screen and water.

Reaction score
I'm with epsilonjedi on this one. I'll take 95 degrees in dry heat over anything above 80 in humidity any day.

Reaction score
I just saw on my Facebook feed the Empire Con. In LA this December. Any know anything about it???

Reaction score
I just saw on my Facebook feed the Empire Con. In LA this December. Any know anything about it???
I’ve never been but it’s quite pricey for being held in a hotel and not having any big stars there. They are having a memorial service for Peter Mayhew so I may go on Saturday though. Don’t think it’s worth all 3 days.

Reaction score
I can understand, But i'm looking forward to Meeting Billy Dee, and want to meet and get some auto from some of the crew i've never had the chance to since this will be their first time in the States.
also considering joining the 72hr Film race. I love doing those things.

Reaction score
Where can I find out about Empire Con? it sounds like fun, but I can't go(WA State) If you can't go to that one, Emerald City Comicon in Seattle usually has a nice Star Wars line up. I got Billy Dee's autograph there several years ago for $30. This con. is run by Reed.

Reaction score
Wow! Haven't visited here since CIX.
Must send my regrets that I shall not be attending Anaheim.
Like so many others . . . it was too soon after Chicago.

(Love the new look of the site!)

Reaction score
Yes, it is too soon after Chicago. wonder if this becomes the norm? the Cele's. will cease to exist as we know them in the past. I'll be attending this one coming up because it will be my last-until, if it will, the Star Wars 50th Anniversary Cele. I can't see how Star Wars can exist with out the back bone of the past. Yes, Mandalorian is good, but will it become the "next generation"? or will Star Wars(as we know it, fade slowly away. I will try to attend local cons. and SDCC since it is "right down the street"(down the coast) What say you all about the future?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Stormtrooper Olympics were held at the Chicago Cele.? I looked all over and at the schedule but didn't find it. I hope it hasn't been eliminated. I always enjoy it.

Reaction score
Where can I find out about Empire Con? it sounds like fun, but I can't go(WA State) If you can't go to that one, Emerald City Comicon in Seattle usually has a nice Star Wars line up. I got Billy Dee's autograph there several years ago for $30. This con. is run by Reed.

Reaction score
Just saw the Empire Con site, sounds like fun and a return to the 'old days' of the 70's to cons. I used to go to! The price-now a days is reasonable and would be willing to pay it. No, there doesn't seem to be too many big celebrities, but I would go for, insider info, new toys and collectibles and just to be around fellow fans-esp. if I still lived down there,You never know who may suddenly show up!

Reaction score
Empire Con is looking like a lot of fun. I've been referring to it as Celebration Lite as it does feel like a smaller scale Celebration.

Wish I could attend but work got in the way.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Stormtrooper Olympics were held at the Chicago Cele.? I looked all over and at the schedule but didn't find it. I hope it hasn't been eliminated. I always enjoy it.
Not at Chicago iirc.

Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I can't remember the last time the Stormtrooper Olympics were hosted at Celebration. I remember them vividly back during CIV.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got my passes and hotel. Just waiting for a good deal on flights :D

I can't wait - my son and wife are coming too. It'll be their first Celebration!

Reaction score
Got my passes and hotel. Just waiting for a good deal on flights :D

I can't wait - my son and wife are coming too. It'll be their first Celebration!
How exciting! Anaheim is definitely a great place to experience Celebration for the first time since Disneyland is right across the street!

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How exciting! Anaheim is definitely a great place to experience Celebration for the first time since Disneyland is right across the street!
Right on! My son already has his cosplay costume sorted out - he was a shepherd in his school's production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, so he'll grab a toy lightsaber and stick a fake beard on his chin. Instant Jedi!

We've been to DL and CA Adv a couple of times but not Galaxies Edge. With a trip up to LFL and Rancho Obi-Wan it'll be a three week family holiday of Star Wars fun!

Reaction score
Right on! My son already has his cosplay costume sorted out - he was a shepherd in his school's production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, so he'll grab a toy lightsaber and stick a fake beard on his chin. Instant Jedi!

We've been to DL and CA Adv a couple of times but not Galaxies Edge. With a trip up to LFL and Rancho Obi-Wan it'll be a three week family holiday of Star Wars fun!
I still need to make the pilgrimage to Racho Obi-Wan. Might need to add it to the Celebration itinerary next year.

Jeremy

Imperial Dignitary
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I still need to make the pilgrimage to Racho Obi-Wan. Might need to add it to the Celebration itinerary next year.
You should go! I've been half a dozen times and I'm always impressed. Steve and the crew are super welcoming and the tour is incredibly informative.

Before you make plans you should know you'll need to join Rancho Obi-Wan because tours are only open to members.

Reaction score
You should go! I've been half a dozen times and I'm always impressed. Steve and the crew are super welcoming and the tour is incredibly informative.

Before you make plans you should know you'll need to join Rancho Obi-Wan because tours are only open to members.
Thanks for the info! Doesn't look like they are hosting tours during Celebration, (makes sense, they'll have a booth at the con), but I definitely plan to make it out there one of these days.