Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2020

Reaction score
As someone who has been the every US celebration since C3, i feel the ticket purchasing/hotel booking experience has gotten worse every celebration.
Same, I’ve been since C4 and ever since Disney took over it has gotten worse. It’s not because it’s more popular either as Chicago had less attendees than Orlando. They must only sell about 10,000 4 day passes and the rest are single day. I don’t understand how they sold out within an hour with projected attendance at 50,000+. All about greed. Hotels for sure are just about more expensive in the block than booking normally.

Reaction score
Can't believe Saturday adult tickets are sold out. There must be scalpers buying large amounts of tickets for resale.
Thursday, Friday, and Sunday tickets are not desireable to ticket resellers. I bet those days don't sell out.
I was looking forward to celebration in Anaheim. Oh well.... Orlando in 2021 !!!

Reaction score
Can't believe Saturday adult tickets are sold out. There must be scalpers buying large amounts of tickets for resale.
Thursday, Friday, and Sunday tickets are not desireable to ticket resellers. I bet those days don't sell out.
I was looking forward to celebration in Anaheim. Oh well.... Orlando in 2021 !!!
Yes, when you look on ebay there are already enough scalpers on there. I just cant believe people are so rude to do things like these. Buy tickets only to make easy profits on them, and keeping other/true Star Wars fan on getting the chance for a (VIP) ticket on the regular prices.

The organization just should make sure for other Celebrations that all tickets are sold with your name on it, and when entering the venue show your ID.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thats what SDCC does, your pass has your name on it and you have a unique membr ID so you cant buy 10 passes.

Reaction score
Those sales make me sick. This is way too common practice for basically everything these days.

As for Orlando, I'd bet the next show is in Orlando, but I'd bet against 2021. I feel this years was a very rare occurrence with the 40th of TESB.

Reaction score
Those sales make me sick. This is way too common practice for basically everything these days.

As for Orlando, I'd bet the next show is in Orlando, but I'd bet against 2021. I feel this years was a very rare occurrence with the 40th of TESB.
Exactly.

Even though it won't help much, because of the scalping I sent all those ebay sellers who are doing it a PM, just to make them aware of their rudeness and stupidity.

Lex

Reaction score
I was hoping to attend for the first time in US. According to the site, tickets are still available at the door. Does anyone have experience how much do they have and do you need to camp out all night to get these or something? I was going to get the 4-day pass. :/

Coz

Reaction score
I was hoping to attend for the first time in US. According to the site, tickets are still available at the door. Does anyone have experience how much do they have and do you need to camp out all night to get these or something? I was going to get the 4-day pass. :/
Tickets will be available at the door only if they don't sell out before the show. I'm pretty sure everything will sell out well before the show. So get what you can now.

Reaction score
Scalping could easily be avoided if they did magic bands like Disney world has. Your name/ID are attached to the band. Hopefully they figure this out sooner than later.

Reaction score
I had to buy all 4 days individually by the time my turn came up.

I can't believe how quickly they sold out. They should make it where the 4-days passes can be sold until a single day is sold out. Having a limited quantity is just ridiculous.

Reaction score
The scalpers are hard at work! has anyone seen that VIP ticket for $7500? disgusting, esp. if someone buys it! Will this Cele. be worth the price? I was lucky to get my 4 day pass,but am having trouble getting 5 days at a hotel! I guess, unless your a VIP or have connections, you may have to take one or the other! I've never had so much trouble.

Coz

Reaction score
I sent an email to Brian Stephenson, Global Brand Marketing & Creative Director, Reed Pop regarding the scalping. Here is his response.

"Hey Brian!
Thanks so much for the e-mail and for your concern. I’m glad that you and your wife were able to secure tickets and that we will see you in Anaheim.

Believe me when I say that there is nothing I would enjoy more than feeding some scalpers to the Rancor! Our team takes this issue very seriously and we are working hard to identify scalpers and cancel their ticket orders as quickly as possible.

We have already been able to execute order 66 on several scalpers ticket orders and have cancelled them since Star Wars Celebration tickets went on sale and we will continue to do so. Please feel free to send us any listings you find, but rest assured that our team is probably already looking into them.

Since we cancel the orders of any scalpers we identify, we actively discourage fans from buying tickets from reselling sites and we highly recommend looking for the tickets they want on Lyte, the Official Ticket Exchange platform for Star Wars Celebration.

We work directly with Lyte to provide a legitimate, safe, and official ticket exchange that undercuts scalpers, provides fair prices and assures fans that they are purchasing a genuine Star Wars Celebration ticket."

Reaction score
I sent an email to Brian Stephenson, Global Brand Marketing & Creative Director, Reed Pop regarding the scalping. Here is his response.

"Hey Brian!
Thanks so much for the e-mail and for your concern. I’m glad that you and your wife were able to secure tickets and that we will see you in Anaheim.

Believe me when I say that there is nothing I would enjoy more than feeding some scalpers to the Rancor! Our team takes this issue very seriously and we are working hard to identify scalpers and cancel their ticket orders as quickly as possible.

We have already been able to execute order 66 on several scalpers ticket orders and have cancelled them since Star Wars Celebration tickets went on sale and we will continue to do so. Please feel free to send us any listings you find, but rest assured that our team is probably already looking into them.

Since we cancel the orders of any scalpers we identify, we actively discourage fans from buying tickets from reselling sites and we highly recommend looking for the tickets they want on Lyte, the Official Ticket Exchange platform for Star Wars Celebration.

We work directly with Lyte to provide a legitimate, safe, and official ticket exchange that undercuts scalpers, provides fair prices and assures fans that they are purchasing a genuine Star Wars Celebration ticket."
Good to see there are more people taking actions against this. I also emailed with the organization a couple of times now, and I got a like response from them. Even better, like I said earlier in this thread, I PMed scalpers on ebay just to make them aware of their stupidity. Their "reasons" for selling them are always so stupid, trying to justify their sales on ebay. I hope their ads on ebay can get removed quickly.

Reaction score
Last Anaheim Celebration, I stayed at the Marriott next door. Easy to book thru OnPeak. I certainly hope it would be that easy again.
Same here. It was perfect in April, at the time, and Disneyland was very doable. Booked at the Marriott was great!
I had minimal displeasures in 2015.

Reaction score
can you please post the email you sent your complaint to. I want to send them some info I have as a way to stop ALL of these SCALPERS. Thanks !! See you in ANAHEIM.

Reaction score
I've been having a difficult time with ReedPop with the ticket I purchased on release day.

So, when tickets went up, I chose one 4-Day pass + merchandise, got to submit order and got an error message saying session timed out (despite time on the clock). Website went back to ticket selection window. Went thru and chose one 4-Day pass + merchandise. This time I got the confirmation screen.

I received two emails, with different confirmation #'s, and two separate charges on my credit card. I am attending by myself and only needed one order. So, I call ReedPop customer service and also send an email. I explain both times that there was an error during purchasing and I received two orders. I also want one order cancelled. The customer service rep passes on this request for cancellation.

One day later, I received two refund emails, one for each of my orders. Now I have NO tickets. Within minutes of receiving those emails, I call customer service again to try to fix things. Luckily, I get the same customer service rep and a brand new order of one 4-Day pass + merchandise was placed. I receive that new email, but not completely content with the difficulties I've had to face.

I don't know where that extra 4-Day pass goes to, maybe Lyte, maybe not. I guess I could've resold it, but honestly, since it was a glitch with the Showclix site and ReedPop, they should be able to fix it now. Plus, I rather not have an extra $370+ charge to deal with.

Now I wait for the refunds to process. What a headache, nightmare, whatever. Something simple easily became a big problem. I went from going to Anaheim, then not going, then back to going, all with 30 hours.

This new ticket better be honored. It is in my Showclix account.

Reaction score
Wow you’re playing Russian Roulette. Hope you still get your badge. Should’ve just re-sold the other rather than risk it with Reedpop.

Reaction score
Wow you’re playing Russian Roulette. Hope you still get your badge. Should’ve just re-sold the other rather than risk it with Reedpop.
Trust me, I thought about just reselling it. I also want them to correct their mistake, too. I gambled and went thru them. Fingers crossed it works out, or I might have to travel to Southern California and do other stuff, since I probably will have bought a plane ticket by then.

I can't fathom how my request of one order being cancelled wasn't followed. Its so simple, but apparently it was hard. I told them over the phone and in the email specifically what to do and they botched it. Maybe it is time for ReedPop to not run this show. We'll see what happens. Either I'm happy or extremely ticked off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’ve been following this website and using it regularly as a resource for almost 20 years. But this is my first time posting. I’ve attended 3 celebrations (V, VI, and Orlando 2017). I would have gone to Chicago this year but I hate cold weather. Anyway, I tried to get VIP or a 4 day ticket for Anaheim 2020 last Friday and failed. I can’t believe how hard it is to get tickets now. Obviously tickets were/are being sold on EBay for stupid prices. I was tempted but did not want to support scalpers. But surely there are legitimate cases of people’s plans changing or not being able to go for one reason or another and need to sell their passes. Is this the case? Does anyone think there will be an opportunity for me to buy a ticket from someone who’s not a scalper? And if so, where would be the best places to look? Thanks!

Reaction score
They will have a ticket exchange going soon (it was up for a while but they took it down) called Lyte. You pay face value but there’s a waiting list so you have to hope people are selling. Other than that I suggest finding some groups on Facebook to join and even here people will offer up tickets. It’s still a long ways away so you have plenty of time. Unfortunately Reed limits the number of 4 day passes and with each celebration they are becoming harder and harder to get. Eventually I think it will become like SDCC where you only get a chance to buy if you went previous years. Unfortunately Reed cares nothing about the secondary market scalpers or they would release more tickets to the general public. Again, it’s still a long ways off so you should be able to find something close to retail anyways. And welcome!

Reaction score
Thru the Connections Housing link on the Celebration site, some more hotels became available. 8/26-8/31, has a few open hotels.

I was able to book a few days before at one hotel, closer to Disneyland and the 5 nights around the convention at another hotel by the convention center. I wanted to upgrade the hotel after I could only get the Red Lion Inn initially. Those reviews and lack of free breakfast were making me uncomfortable, but now I am cancelled at that place.

Good thing I looked before I went to bed on Saturday.

Reaction score
They will have a ticket exchange going soon (it was up for a while but they took it down) called Lyte. You pay face value but there’s a waiting list so you have to hope people are selling. Other than that I suggest finding some groups on Facebook to join and even here people will offer up tickets. It’s still a long ways away so you have plenty of time. Unfortunately Reed limits the number of 4 day passes and with each celebration they are becoming harder and harder to get. Eventually I think it will become like SDCC where you only get a chance to buy if you went previous years. Unfortunately Reed cares nothing about the secondary market scalpers or they would release more tickets to the general public. Again, it’s still a long ways off so you should be able to find something close to retail anyways. And welcome!
Yes, this is all so weird and confusing. I also had lots of email contact with the organization about the way of ticket sales and the annoying scalpers, and when I got the information about the Lyte system I went there to check. Indeed this went online about a week ago and I added myself to a fairly good spot in the queue. However when I look at the main site, as you mentioned, it now gives the standard information on the lyte sales before it went online in the first place. So what is all going on, and if this system get back online (again...) do you have to reserve a whole new spot in the queue even when having reserved one in the first place??

Reaction score
Not that many Celebration tickets for sale on Ebay. Maybe Reed Expo did cancel some ticket orders where they bought extra tickets to sell on ebay ????? That is what BStephson said they were going to do. I don't know why Reed didn't sell the tickets like they do for NYCC where you must pre register and put a name on Each ticket so you can become fan verified. Anyone have any thoughts on this !!!!!!!!

Reaction score
However when I look at the main site, as you mentioned, it now gives the standard information on the lyte sales before it went online in the first place. So what is all going on, and if this system get back online (again...) do you have to reserve a whole new spot in the queue even when having reserved one in the first place??
When I sign into lyte it still shows that I am #75 in the queue for a 4 day pass. That was from when Lyte went live the first time. I'm thinking that as long as it still shows your place in Lytes system we should be good.

Reaction score
Hey REED EXPO, LOOK AT EBAY AGAIN THERE ARE MORE CELEBRATION 2020 BADGES FOR SALE FAR ABOVE THE COST !!!!!!

I sent this to Reed Expo this afternoon.

Reaction score
Hey REED EXPO, LOOK AT EBAY AGAIN THERE ARE MORE CELEBRATION 2020 BADGES FOR SALE FAR ABOVE THE COST !!!!!!

I sent this to Reed Expo this afternoon.
When are people going to realize Reed doesn’t care. If they cared they would release more tickets or have Lyte open. Why they closed it is anyone’s guess. It’s a fact of life there will be scalpers for any event and the market decides the value of said tickets.

Reaction score
When are people going to realize Reed doesn’t care. If they cared they would release more tickets or have Lyte open. Why they closed it is anyone’s guess. It’s a fact of life there will be scalpers for any event and the market decides the value of said tickets.
I have done thesame as SW987 describes, but unfortunately I think you are right on this one. But hey, we can always hope that the organization does something with all the scalping info they receive from fans.

Reaction score
Couple of quibbles...

While I'm not surprised at the announcement of a Celebration next year I am surprised that tickets went up for sale so soon after Chicago ended. I mean it was barely 60-days from when I flew home from Chicago that I was buying tickets for Anaheim. And more than 14 months ahead of the convention. That's absurd. Even SDCC doesn't require you to buy your tickets more than a year in advance.

Second quibble... there is no reason why the room site had to go live while people were still trying to secure tickets. Sell the tickets on one day - wait a day (or week) and THEN let the hotels go live. There were people complaining they were still in the Reed Pop ticket queue when the hotels went up for reservation.

The whole thing is so irritating (and yet I still paid for my tickets and booked a room). Just feels like a money grab to have people paying $300 or more 14-months in advance of the actual event.

And wow... can't believe how quickly tickets sold for Chicago and then it was like 10X as fast for this one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about that next years Cele. may be the last one as we have known them? having almost back to back conventions is distressing! very expensive, stress at the work place, can cause stress on the family! I'm not happy about the "next trilogy", Stars wars made in Disney's image. This may be the last Cele. I go to due to this problem, I will wait for the 50th Anniv. of Star Wars,and attend SDCC. Have you noticed alot of activities that we enjoyed in the past are not there anymore? The costume contest(I still call it that) is very limited by catagories and number of participants. At Chicago, I noticed quite a few persons seemingly had professional titles,costume construction. that isn't too fair. there wasn't a "baby" catagory! there was plenty of time,a 5 day convention, to make better plans,don't you think? I'm not trying to be negative now....

Reaction score
I just looked at EBey at those tickets and it's very bad! these people are definetly not fans! I make sure I get those tickets- first thing then the hotels. it's all a strange mess.

Reaction score
There's been a few additions to the hotel block recently, including the Homewood Suites, across from the convention center, for the Wed-Mon convention block.

Reaction score
The lyte page is up, I requested a four day badge and a Saturday only badge as I did manage to get thurs, fri and sun hopefully I get a chance to get at least one of those two options.

i really hope they crack down on the eBay scalpers, find out who they are and cancel the tickets then offer them to the people in the lyte lines. Scalpers need to be stamped out. All they do is ruin events and cause undue stress for the real fans.

Reaction score
Yes the Lyte page is up but when it first went up weeks ago I got in line for a 4 day and I was #35. Ok not bad. However when I checked after it came back up I was in the 50s!!! How does this happen?? There’s some really shady stuff going on.