Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2020

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out why this upcoming Cele. is back to back with Chicago? what is going on? Also, if you are not using OnPeak for hotel reservations, the earliest you might be able to make them is Oct._Nov. of this year. we already called about one. The hotels are not booked up already. nothing to worry about.

Reaction score
Every Celebration sells out faster than the previous one, so why WOULDN'T they have one every year?

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out why this upcoming Cele. is back to back with Chicago? what is going on? Also, if you are not using OnPeak for hotel reservations, the earliest you might be able to make them is Oct._Nov. of this year. we already called about one. The hotels are not booked up already. nothing to worry about.
My thoughts on why it is in consecutive year are based on two factors. 1) The 40th Anniversary of TESB and 2) Galaxy's Edge wasn't ready for this year and Disney/Lucasfilm wants convention go'ers to attend the new Land in the park as soon as possible. Maybe with a special nighttime event.

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the ticket sales work? I have never purchased tickets for a Star Wars Celebration. I setup an account on their website yesterday but it says that was for Celebration Orlando so I don't think it will help me for today. I just want to make sure I get a 4-day pass.

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the ticket sales work? I have never purchased tickets for a Star Wars Celebration. I setup an account on their website yesterday but it says that was for Celebration Orlando so I don't think it will help me for today. I just want to make sure I get a 4-day pass.
Did you open an account with Showclix, that is what they have used as ticket sellers in the past? The Starwarscelebration site should load as the Anaheim one and the front page has a buy link, click that and you should go to the tickets. If you purchase it today, there should be no issues getting the 4-day pass. Unless I am underestimating the demand.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Who's waiting for tickets to open up? And who's ready to plop down $900+ taxes for VIP? And if you do, can I be your Celebration buddy? Ha!

Reaction score
Despite being sold out, I kept refreshing and was able to get a VIP in the cart, unfortunately I did not have much time before it would kick me from the queue. So while I was clicking the last box I timed out and I lost it. They need to go to a lottery system, because this current crap system is an abortion.

Reaction score
I got into the Que at 12:00:04pm and just purchased my tickets at 12:28pm When I got in to purchase the tickets at 12:21, the VIP were already sold out. I need to wait until Sept to reserve my Disneyland timeshare at the Grand California Hotel. Must wait until Aug. to book the airline tickets and rental car. We are making a 2 week vacation out of this next year. See you all in Anaheim next year.

Reaction score
Took about 35 min to get to the ticket page. VIP's long gone, so added 4-Day + merch, got to the end and got message "session timed out", despite over 4 min left on the clock. Luckily, the webpage went back to the ticket page, not the queue, and finally got it to go thru. Going to Anaheim.

Now to hope for the best with the Hotels.

Edit: my laptop got thru the queue while the desktop was still in queue, despite clicking within seconds of each other. Such a horrible system.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got my tix. I was using my phone & work desktop. The phone was faster. I had a shot at the VIP it was available but I can't justify that cost. Took about ten minutes.

Reaction score
I got in and had a shot at the VIP, but coudln't justify the cost.
What is funny is my web browser that was in line longer, got through the line later.

Reaction score
This was insane. Managed to get a hotel room, but not necessarily for the days or hotel I wanted. Oh well.

I’m sure others will pop up as it’s still over a year away.

Coz

Reaction score
Got our 4 days. The last one I went to was IV. Is there a hotel sale later through Celebration?

Reaction score
The VIP sales were insane, yes. I also, I believe like most, was logged in instantly when sales went loose but then VIP was already gone. I am a fan from Germany and want to visit my first Celebration, so I took the 4 day pass.

On ebay there are already some advertisements of the VIP tickets for crazy prices, those people are so annoying. They just keep VIP tickets for fans who wanted to buy them for the 'normal' 900 price, and then are selling them only to make profit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Took about 35 min to get to the ticket page. VIP's long gone, so added 4-Day + merch, got to the end and got message "session timed out", despite over 4 min left on the clock. Luckily, the webpage went back to the ticket page, not the queue, and finally got it to go thru. Going to Anaheim.

Now to hope for the best with the Hotels.

Edit: my laptop got thru the queue while the desktop was still in queue, despite clicking within seconds of each other. Such a horrible system.
Do you, or anyone else, know if the merch that was being offered at checkout is also all available at Celebration itself?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well the new system they have in place sucks, waited so long in queue that the 4-day sold out on me . So now it's a waiting game for me to get a badge to go or this could be my first one i will miss out on.:mad:

Reaction score
Is this the quickest for the 4-days to sell out? I took my lunch break and saw they were already gone.

Reaction score
Do you, or anyone else, know if the merch that was being offered at checkout is also all available at Celebration itself?
At Celebration Chicago, all except the preorder specific items were available in the show store. If it didn't say "preorder" on the item, it would be available later.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Took 45 min to acquire the 4-Day pass and merch. Then fought the hotel site. After many tries and date combinations, I was able to secure 5 nights from Wed-Mon at the Red Lion Hotel Anaheim, which is across the street from the convention center. Since the essential day/nights were secured, I feel like I won the battle, barely. I just need to secure hotels for a few extra days to go to Disneyland.

Coz

Reaction score
The pickings were slim on the official hotel finder so I called the Clarion directly. It's an older hotel but very close. Standard room was $209 a night.

Reaction score
Was in the que at noon. Had my 4 Day pass paid for at 12:10. VIP already sold out at that point. Blown away that the 4 Day & Saturday passes sold out so quickly.

Reaction score
That was fast..
4 day pass sold out ..
Secured a Friday and a Saturday pass.
Then I checked again and the 4 day pass was available.. Very frustrating..oh well..
2 days Will do.. A lot of things to do in the LA. Area including the star wars park / Disney land..
Will be booking the hotel later.. Either Marriott or a Hilton hotel.. Will be using points for the free stay..
I also ordered the ESB 40th anniversary shirt and cap.. My favorite movie...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was at another con when this went live so I missed out on the 4 day. Absolutely unreal. Did manage to get Thursday and Friday though.

Reaction score
Was in the que at noon. Had my 4 Day pass paid for at 12:10. VIP already sold out at that point. Blown away that the 4 Day & Saturday passes sold out so quickly.
Congrats on getting thru the queue in 10min. I have no idea it was possible, since I clicked on "Buy" right when it became active and had to wait 35 min to get to the ticket choices.

Reaction score
Yeah, took me about 40 minutes to get through the queue. Between that and the hotel booking experience, it was a much rougher experience this time than Chicago.

Reaction score
As someone who has been the every US celebration since C3, i feel the ticket purchasing/hotel booking experience has gotten worse every celebration.