Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2020

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like we'll be doing it all over again in about a year. Star Wars Celebration returns to Anaheim in 2020 for the first time since 2015.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm all for another Celebration, but 2020 seems too soon.
100% agreed. Way, way, way too soon for another one. Celebrations should be just like Star Wars films should be...one every three years.

Reaction score
I'm game for it next year only because I planned to go to Disneyland next year anyway. I guess it really depends on when in the year. I'm hoping for fall!

Reaction score
I'm game for it next year only because I planned to go to Disneyland next year anyway. I guess it really depends on when in the year. I'm hoping for fall!
That would be a nice change! I would like to go for the same reason, but doubt I will have the cash. :(

Reaction score
I'll be there but am really hoping for a summer/fall Celebration. Possible since we don't have a film release next year.

Reaction score
I'll be making it but it's WAY too early. 2 years separate at the very least IMO.

Reaction score
I hope it isn't in summer like D23. Growing up in southern California you learn to avoid Disneyland like the plague during the summer. It's the worst time to go.

...but I guess people who attend celebration and have camped out are used to "Disneyland in the summer" type of lines or worse. It just doesn't have to be that way.
If they planned it during a time that is not the peak season Disneyland is much more enjoyable.

Coz

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm in the same boat as many others out west who couldn't make it to Chicago. So this is great news for me.

Reaction score
Completely agree with you, Hutt. Not to mention the fact that Anaheim and Disneyland in the middle of summer can be rough (my wife and I were there in July in 100 degree temperatures).

Reaction score
If they're smart, they'll make it in the Fall, so it's more like 1 1/2 years... I suspect they will want to time it with the opening of Phase 2 at Disneyland, whenever that is...

Reaction score
Attended Anaheim in 2015 during the Spring and it was nice weather in my opinion. Went to Disneyland twice
and loved each day. But I'm not going in 2020. Saving for WDW instead. However, if there is another Celebration
in Orlando, I'm so there!

Reaction score
Can't wait to go back to Anaheim. We want to go to Galaxy Edge just not sure what day to go. I was thinking to go on Friday.

Reaction score
How about a date announcement today for Star Wars Day? I thought they would do it today.

Last edited:
Reaction score
when do you think it will take place, i saw that wondercon is the 10-12 of april, do you think the next celebration will be later, like may?

Reaction score
when do you think it will take place, i saw that wondercon is the 10-12 of april, do you think the next celebration will be later, like may?
The obvious answer to me is august...but I'm out if that's the case. It can be unpleasantly warm and Disneyland is always overcrowded during the summer...I'm hoping its not but it seems likely imho.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last Anaheim Celebration, I stayed at the Marriott next door. Easy to book thru OnPeak. I certainly hope it would be that easy again.

Reaction score
I've been to all the US Celebrations since CV. I really hope I can go to next year's, but timing is crucial. April through summer might be difficult, but I could possibly pull off the fall.

Reaction score
100% agreed. Way, way, way too soon for another one. Celebrations should be just like Star Wars films should be...one every three years.
My friends and I have been to every Celebration since CIII, we're skipping next year.

Reaction score
I went to the closing panel and when they announced Anaheim and next year, I almost heard a moan amid the somewhat weak cheers! I moaned, not because of the location(I'm in WA.state) but the timing, next year! too soon. UGH!!!

Reaction score
It seems almost unanimous that It is either to soon or we hope it is fall at the earliest...

Reaction score
I spoke to Steve Sansweet about Reed renewing their contract to put on Cele.'s, he said the renewal process was in the works as we spoke. I had heard from the Cele. before this one that Reeds contract was run out and this last con. was their last! the timing of next year may have something to do with Galaxy's Edge, (which I will not attend in the near future) a fall con. would be more pleasant weather wise unless there are fires burning around the area or earthquakes or Imperial invasion!

Reaction score
September or early November would be ideal for me.
August = start of college, start of high school for some, too close to SDCC, too hot, end of the summer vacations

Reaction score
I spoke to Steve Sansweet about Reed renewing their contract to put on Cele.'s, he said the renewal process was in the works as we spoke. I had heard from the Cele. before this one that Reeds contract was run out and this last con. was their last! the timing of next year may have something to do with Galaxy's Edge, (which I will not attend in the near future) a fall con. would be more pleasant weather wise unless there are fires burning around the area or earthquakes or Imperial invasion!
Even if Reeds contract gets renewed, with Mary gone and the current issues that are happening with the 501st/Disney future celebrations could look very different. Hopefully it all gets worked out.

Reaction score
Even if Reeds contract gets renewed, with Mary gone and the current issues that are happening with the 501st/Disney future celebrations could look very different. Hopefully it all gets worked out.
I'm not familiar with the 501st issues. What's going on?

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the 501st issues. What's going on?
I'm not a 501st member so someone else can probably explain it better but it has been talked about a lot on various armor facebook groups the last few days.

Apparently the 501st, RL and MM were contacted by Disney/lfl about their armor being produced legally through licensed channels in the future...from what I hear the exchange didn't go well...

Reaction score
Now comes the times of the Empire! time for possible rebellion or just shut Star Wars down! (a tragedy)without fans it will become a Force Ghost.

Reaction score
August reminds me of the first two Celebrations I attended. I’m actually excited about this even though Chicago was only a couple months ago.