Star Wars Celebration 2019

Reaction score
I used a lightspeed pass for the store as well as my other friends. It only didn't work on Thurs. (then you had to update the app). The app did release later than in the past but once everything was working it was fantastic.
The lightspeed pass and the panel reservations made things go very smoothly (I wasn't planning on going in the show store but it was so quick there was no reason not to. I only bought 1 thing. In and out in 10 mins.)

I felt like it could have been longer than 5 days. With no camping out I got more sleep than any celebration ever before. I was not completely exhausted like in the past.

Last edited:
Reaction score
With no camping out I got more sleep than any celebration ever before. I was not completely exhausted like in the past.
This made a huge difference to the overall Celebration experience, and I hope they continue the lottery system in the future (not that it was perfect...but it was far better than overnight lines).

I'm also excited that Celebration is making a return to Anaheim! The only downside is that the Anaheim Convention Center feels a bit more cramped compared to Chicago and Orlando. I'm also hoping it's not in the middle of summer...

Reaction score
I enjoyed this Celebration, like others have said, I thought the lottery system was excellent. While I only got into two panels (overflow), it was nice to not have to sleep on concrete and get to sleep in.
I will say that, while security was good, I was able to walk right in without showing/wearing a badge on Thursday and Sunday. Thursday it was under my coat and Sunday I didn't wear it as an experiment. No one said a word to me. I also talked with other people who didn't have 5 day badges, who said they just turned their badges around and walked in.
The store on Thursday morning was brutal! It never seems to fail, besides LA, there's always some type problem with the Celebration Store. Please, please, please let us PRE-ORDER what we want!
And lastly, I can't believe another Celebration next year...at least in the states? Besides Celebration 1, I haven't missed a state side Celebration. Sucks, as much as I'd like to go, time and funds are going to be my undoing. :\

Reaction score
This made a huge difference to the overall Celebration experience, and I hope they continue the lottery system in the future (not that it was perfect...but it was far better than overnight lines).

I'm also excited that Celebration is making a return to Anaheim! The only downside is that the Anaheim Convention Center feels a bit more cramped compared to Chicago and Orlando. I'm also hoping it's not in the middle of summer...
There was a down side though. The energy in the room wasnt the same as when everyone wanted to be there enough to camp out.

There was a lady behind me crying but the family in front of me got up, looked at their watches and said what's next when the ep 9 panel ended. They definitely didn't seem like they cared enough to go out of their way to camp out.

At the last couple celebrations I would say a majority of the main room was crying. That wasn't the case this time around. That percentage was much less from my observation.

Don't get me wrong, it was still fun but I noticed the difference.

Edit: About returning to Anaheim. The convention center has had an expansion since 2015. Hopefully that is noticeable but we will see? I haven't been since the expansion.
At least the arena in Anaheim is a good size. It is closer to Wintrust than the tiny rooms that have been used for the big panels in Orlando.

I completely agree in that I hope it is not in summer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There was a down side though. The energy in the room wasnt the same as when everyone wanted to be there enough to camp out.

There was a lady behind me crying but the family in front of me got up, looked at their watches and said what's next when the ep 9 panel ended. They definitely didn't seem like they cared enough to go out of their way to camp out.

At the last couple celebrations I would say a majority of the main room was crying. That wasn't the case this time around. That percentage was much less from my observation.

Don't get me wrong, it was still fun but I noticed the difference.

Edit: About returning to Anaheim. The convention center has had an expansion since 2015. Hopefully that is noticeable but we will see? I haven't been since the expansion.
At least the arena in Anaheim is a good size. It is closer to Wintrust than the tiny rooms that have been used for the big panels in Orlando.

I completely agree in that I hope it is not in summer.
I agree that people camping out are more die-hard than some folks that won the lottery but it speaks volumes when you have average folks asking "what's next" after the biggest reveal in over a year. So much for "letting the past die", they keep reviving it because without the OT fans no one will buy their product.

Reaction score
Still looking for the 6th piece of the darth maul puzzle patch the collector's sites offered this year at the collecting room at the Celebration. It's the one that says "Star Wars Celebration" on it. If you have it, I need it to complete my patch. Let me know what you want and we can make a deal. Thanks!

Reaction score
Still looking for the 6th piece of the darth maul puzzle patch the collector's sites offered this year at the collecting room at the Celebration. It's the one that says "Star Wars Celebration" on it. If you have it, I need it to complete my patch. Let me know what you want and we can make a deal. Thanks!
Same here. My patch set is only missing this one piece.

Reaction score
I have to say after being @ all the Celebrations stateside, this one was my favorite! And that is not because it was here in Chicago. I had a blast chilling w/my buddies on Thursday & Friday. Spent some quality time w/the wife Saturday & Sunday. And on Monday just played it by ear.
Everything ran smoothly. I got the graphs I wanted & didn’t spend forever in line ( Compared to Orlando).
Got everything from the Celebration store & I didn’t have to spend all day in that line.
All in all just an amazing time!!

Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot to give a shout out to Topps. The autograph area couldn't have been more different than Orlando, where I regularly spent more than an hour in line for a single autograph. I don't think I waited more than 20 minutes this time around, and the area felt so much more spacious.

Reaction score
I have to agree on the autograph area. They super-duper improved from last time, and it might be the best it's ever been. The group numbering is pretty brilliant in that the celebrity just signs until his line runs out. Who says a team can't learn from its mistakes?

Reaction score
I have to agree on the autograph area. They super-duper improved from last time, and it might be the best it's ever been. The group numbering is pretty brilliant in that the celebrity just signs until his line runs out. Who says a team can't learn from its mistakes?
Agree as well. So much better organized and better staffed. Last time, no one could answer questions, this time staff knew where to go to get us answers.

Reaction score
I had a GREAT time at Celebration Chicago. To me it seemed to be run better than Orlando. I only had 2 issues, First someone took my Custom Rebelscum Badge from their booth; and I fell outside the Wintrust Arena on Monday going to the Phantom Menace Panel. I'm ok just a bruised and sore knee. I want to THANK the several anonymous fans that helped me up and made sure I could walk ok. I was more stunned and embarrassed than I was hurt. I'll see everyone in ANAHEIM next year !!!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Had an amazing time in Chicago. The autograph area was super smooth. I think I only waited about 20 minutes at most. Was glad I got into the Mandolorian panel. Hoping I can make it to Anaheim next year. Hopefully they can announce the dates soon.

Reaction score
So, I got the feedback survey request email. I went thoroughly and as detailed as possible with the ups and downs with this Celebration. While I am one of many, I hope that this info will be put to good use and next year, Anaheim, goes off smoothly and successfully.

Plus, filling out the survey enters you into a contest for free Anaheim Celebration tickets. That would be pretty sweet.

Reaction score
It would. I did the same. So many things done well, but improvement could still be achieved. :grin:

Reaction score
From beginning to end, 48 minutes in the Celebration Store. That was a biggie for me and finally meeting Ahmed Best!
Picked up our badge with ease and ran the Willrow Hood with my foam ice cream cone. Great time in Chicago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My main points of feedback pertained to the app (a dismal user experience overall), and not enforcing the panel lotteries as much as they should have. Other than that, it was an excellent Celebration! :grin:

Reaction score
From beginning to end, 48 minutes in the Celebration Store. That was a biggie for me and finally meeting Ahmed Best!
Picked up our badge with ease and ran the Willrow Hood with my foam ice cream cone. Great time in Chicago.
Congrats on the running of the Hoods. I saw all the Hood's on the live stage having an awesome time. Always a great sight to see.

Reaction score
I thought the venue itself was good and overall it was a great Celebration but I strongly dislike the expense and and lack of close/walkable hotels vs Anaheim or Orlando. My hotel cost more than double what I paid for the Hilton and Rosen Center. Those locations just seem so much more budget friendly and with lots more hotels within walking distance.

But again - venue itself was fine and I thought things went well.

Will say I’m surprised GL didn’t surprise the crowd for the TPM panel. I think most people expected something like that.

Reaction score
I thought the venue itself was good and overall it was a great Celebration but I strongly dislike the expense and and lack of close/walkable hotels vs Anaheim or Orlando. My hotel cost more than double what I paid for the Hilton and Rosen Center. Those locations just seem so much more budget friendly and with lots more hotels within walking distance.

But again - venue itself was fine and I thought things went well.

Will say I’m surprised GL didn’t surprise the crowd for the TPM panel. I think most people expected something like that.
I completely agree. The lack of hotels was terrible for such a large convention center.

I was at the TPM panel and could not believe the horrible Lucas video. I really thought he would be there since this was located in Chicago and TPM was his baby.