Star Wars Celebration 2019

Reaction score
Day 2, I went straight to Wintrust Arena for Ep. IX panel. They did scan QR codes but no ID's. Loved the panel and Trailer and the extra guest at the end. (Not Hamill, FYI.) Saw the Collecting Track panel for The Holiday Special and ILM: Making of Solo. Enjoyed all of them. Got a couple of autographs, Erin Kellyman (Enfys Nest) and Jason Isaacs (Grand Inquisitor).

Made it to some of the vehicle props (love the X-Wing) and Fan collecting organization booths. Picked up the Hasbro exclusives with my Hasbro Pulse VIP pass. Only had to wait 5 min at most.

Definitely much busier than Thursday. Could walk around without too much hassle, unless you are by the SWS Live Stage. The Autograph hall is too small. Lots of people made it too crowded. Thought Topps would've understood this.

Overall, had a good day.

Gonna try for the Store tomorrow, I hope.

Reaction score
They did scan QR codes today for the Disney panel but I was able to get in using my Episode 9 panel code that they didn’t scan. There were plenty of empty seats and a ton of people whose codes didn’t work.

Reaction score
Day 3: Was a fun day, despite not seeing the Disney Parks panel. However, the merchandise reveal in their booth was all the toys and creatures. Saw the Salacious Crumb toy. It moves and cackles. This is similar to the banshees in Pandora (Avatar Land). Will need to get one of these.

Saw the Rebels Remembered panel. Great to listen to the cast and watch Dave Filoni squirm trying to avoid the "Where's Ezra?" question.

Got autos with Matt Lanter, Hugh Quarshie, Joonas Suotamo and Hayden Christensen. All were very appreciative and easy to talk to. Hayden is definitely a bit too quiet, though. Went with one Photo Op w/the Clone Wars Cast (Lanter, Eckstein, Taber, Kane, Wood, JAT, Baker). Sadly, it went by too fast and it was all a blur. Later, got to chat with Cat Taber, when she had nobody in line at her table.

Did get in the store, was surprised by that, picked up a few things, but saw some stuff sold out for the day. Wish I could've helped non-attendees out with stuff from the store, but I had no idea if I'd get in after issues the first two days there.

While the weather is not cooperative, Celebration has been a success. Gut feeling is that it will not come back to Chicago.

Reaction score
Day 3: Was a fun day, despite not seeing the Disney Parks panel. However, the merchandise reveal in their booth was all the toys and creatures. Saw the Salacious Crumb toy. It moves and cackles. This is similar to the banshees in Pandora (Avatar Land). Will need to get one of these.

Saw the Rebels Remembered panel. Great to listen to the cast and watch Dave Filoni squirm trying to avoid the "Where's Ezra?" question.

Got autos with Matt Lanter, Hugh Quarshie, Joonas Suotamo and Hayden Christensen. All were very appreciative and easy to talk to. Hayden is definitely a bit too quiet, though. Went with one Photo Op w/the Clone Wars Cast (Lanter, Eckstein, Taber, Kane, Wood, JAT, Baker). Sadly, it went by too fast and it was all a blur. Later, got to chat with Cat Taber, when she had nobody in line at her table.

Did get in the store, was surprised by that, picked up a few things, but saw some stuff sold out for the day. Wish I could've helped non-attendees out with stuff from the store, but I had no idea if I'd get in after issues the first two days there.

While the weather is not cooperative, Celebration has been a success. Gut feeling is that it will not come back to Chicago.
Lol read that about the Ezra question. We’ll hopefully see him back in something. Funko showed off some Pops from the Rebels line that weren’t made because sales were bad from the previous wave. So what was shown at the Galaxy’s Edge panel that we haven’t already seen heard? I did catch the Coke/Dasani bottles will have Aurebesh on them.

Reaction score
SPECIAL REQUEST for HELP

Hey guys! I'm trying to put together the 6 part puzzle patch from the different collector's sites. I will not be able to be at the "This Week in Star Wars" meet and greet at noon since I live about an hour outside the city and have Sunday obligations. Would someone please pick up the "This week in Star Wars" patch for me? I will be at the 4:30 meet and greet for Yakface at 4:30 pm. I'll be happy to trade the piece from today (star wars action news) and some of the cards they handed out today for the TWISW patch. I would really appreciate some help on this. It's my first Celebration, and so far everyone has been great. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score

Does anyone have a link for this?

Reaction score
Well, I was late to the 4:30 pm get together today. I got the Yakface patch, and managed to trade for the TWISW patch. So now I'm just missing the Celebration Logo patch for this puzzle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Day 4: A lot of Good, a Little of Bad.

The Good:

The Mandalorian looks like a slam dunk. Besides the BTS clip which is online, at the end of the panel, we got an exclusive clip and preview montage. I won't spoil anything, but WOW is all I can say. The Clone Wars panel was so much fun. The show is definitely getting a proper send-off. This will be a fun last season. Saw Alan Tudyk's panel. He's hilarious. And went to the Into the Archives panel. The author of Star Wars Archives Ep. IV-VI, Paul Duncan, talked about his research and access to the most priceless item of SW fandom. Learned how Boba was created and where exactly the Death Star I trench actually is. Also, a prequel archive book is coming next year.

Wasn't much in the main hall today, except at the end.

The Bad:

It snowed so bad for all of the day. Miserable walking outside between McCormick Place and Wintrust Arena.

I got there early, was within the first 10 people in the regular line. Got into the building, but Reed Pop didn't follow thru and let us in before a random queue line on the other side of the hall. Mass hysteria, anger and a stampede of people trying to beat the cheaters into the hall. Same thing happened on Saturday, I had heard.

The main Celebration stage allowed people to stay in the hall all day if needed, but they didn't announce that the Clone Wars freebie redemption ticket was being distributed. Thousand of fans missed out. Some were pissed. I was one. After going back over to the redemption area and finding NO Reed Pop bosses, I went to head of the line and started talking to a crew member. I didn't even explain the issue, but he knew I was pissed. He handed me a poster, that I was entitled to. Heard many people upset about that the rest of the night.

Besides the headaches, it was a great day. One final day to go.

Reaction score
What’s this SNOW you talk of Ant? (Sadly or luckily I’ve never experienced snow in my life) I was wondering why the Celebration page was saying it was like Hoth outside. I just figured it was still cold. Good I guess they chose a different location, but Orlando/Anaheim snow free!

Reaction score
Well, I was late to the 4:30 pm get together today. I got the Yakface patch, and managed to trade for the TWISW patch. So now I'm just missing the Celebration Logo patch for this puzzle.
I’m only missing the Celebration logo piece as well and can’t figure out how to get one. Anyone know where/when this piece can be had?

Reaction score
I've exhanged messages with some of the forum leaders (of other forums) and was told they will be distributed randomly throughout the weekend. To include today. I guess just show up and hope it's there when you arrive. I'll bet there are plenty for everyone. B)

Reaction score
Well, I never got the final "random" patch piece for this year's celebration. Does anybody have,an extra to spare?

Reaction score
The Bad:

It snowed so bad for all of the day. Miserable walking outside between McCormick Place and Wintrust Arena.
Pffft. Try driving from there to downstate Peoria. I have never been more terrified in all my years behind the wheel. It was brutal.....

Reaction score
Did they announce anything at the closing ceremony? Have to catch a flight so left early.

edit: Anaheim 2020 wow only 1 year or less?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unlike C3, this year I was only able to attend one day and I'm from Chicago!!! LOL

Just want to say thanks to RS for the badges.
To all who dressed up and took the time to take pics with the fans.

It was a fun celebration and looking forward now to 2020.

Safe travels to all who came to visit the windy and snowy city.

Reaction score
Sign sad about no Orlando Celebration. May have to consider Anaheim next year. Never really been to Cali....and I’ll be turning 40 next year!! Shots on you guys?

Reaction score
How perfect- Star Wars Celebration during the day and then Galaxies Edge @ DL at night; who's with me?

Reaction score
Unless they plan to drop some new movie plans, I see next year’s Celebration being heavy in regards to the TV projects and 40th Anniversary of Empire....

Reaction score
I was banking on Orlando, but I guess it is Anaheim's turn. Anaheim was the last Celebration I attended....it was a decent venue I guess and I had a good time.

Reaction score
Would anyone trade for the final 6th piece of the collector's Darth Maul puzzle patch for this year? The one that has the celebration 2019 logo. I am willing (if needed) to trade a lot for this piece. Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm in for Anaheim!!! Now I got to decide if I'm going to be ALL in for Anaheim. Is getting the Jedi or lightspeed pass or whatever the best way to go? Does that only get you into the shop earlier? Or does it also get me into the Funko and Hasbro lines?

Reaction score
Pffft. Try driving from there to downstate Peoria. I have never been more terrified in all my years behind the wheel. It was brutal.....
You win. Glad to here you survived that horrible drive. April snowstorms in IL are rare, so this was a shocker.

Reaction score
Honestly, I am not too surprise that Anaheim was chosen for next year. I always thought Anaheim was supposed to get this one, but with Galaxy's Edge, not ready yet, they went elsewhere. At any rate, I am considering going, but I am on a high right now from this weekend.

Day 5: It was a mighty fine day. TPM 20th panel was entertaining, but it really needed a top line actor to make it a great one. Got Dee Bradley Baker auto to complete all my CW photos. I asked him if he loses a little bit of himself when Dave Filoni kills off a clone. His response back sounded as if Captain Rex was answering. I was puzzled but completely understanding.

I hung out for the closing ceremonies at the SWS Live Stage. Did this the last two Celebrations and I think this will be a new tradition of mine. After signoff, got to meet hosts Andi and Anthony. I appreciate all the hard work they put in to deliver the SW fandom to us.

A bunch of people I talked too thought Celebration Chicago was a huge success. I am in agreement. Although there were some major hurdles along the way with how things ran or didn't run, the good certainly outweighed the bad. I always find a way to have fun at Celebrations and isn't that the point?

I hope all who attended enjoyed their time in Chicago. I know of one fan that had never seen snow fall, so he got a bonus gift.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The main Celebration stage allowed people to stay in the hall all day if needed, but they didn't announce that the Clone Wars freebie redemption ticket was being distributed. Thousand of fans missed out. Some were pissed. I was one. After going back over to the redemption area and finding NO Reed Pop bosses, I went to head of the line and started talking to a crew member. I didn't even explain the issue, but he knew I was pissed. He handed me a poster, that I was entitled to. Heard many people upset about that the rest of the night.

Besides the headaches, it was a great day. One final day to go.
I came in just for the Clone Wars, they were not handing out redemption tickets when I came through, but they were later going up and down the aisles handing them out in the stadium. That is where my son and I got ours.

Reaction score
It has been another successful week. As I sit here packing up, man it was good.
I felt like it ran much smoother than the last couple. The lines were handled well. The addition of the lightspeed passes and the panel reservations on the app were great.
The mandalorian panel was much better than I expected. I went in with no expectations and it blew me away.
I felt like I wandered around the con floor more than in the past just appreciating it all.
There are always a couple things that could be adjusted for the future but overall it ran smoothly. This con might not have had the big, life changing experience type of panels or have the super stars attend but the general, base experience was very enjoyable...better than some in the past imho.

Thanks to everyone I was able to share it with.

Reaction score
I came in just for the Clone Wars, they were not handing out redemption tickets when I came through, but they were later going up and down the aisles handing them out in the stadium. That is where my son and I got ours.
That's good to hear that other people were able to get the redemption tickets. I was in the lower bowl closest to the stage but farthest from the entrance. Maybe, the employees never made it up there. In the end, it worked out, but an announcement about the redemption tickets would've eased a lot of frustration.

Reaction score
Back to KCMO - My first celebration - according to my iphone health app I walked 8.5 miles yesterday and 9 miles Sunday - 19,000 or so steps.. totally feeling that now. I took a crap ton of gopro 4k footage of toy booths so I can go back at my leisure and relive the experience. Going to cons and toy shows in the past - my favorite parts were always the booths with vintage star wars.. so for celebration it was pretty overwhelming.

The highlight was getting to meet Warwick as we were checking out of the hotel at the same time this morning!

Reaction score
I was very happy with this year's Celebration. Line management seemed pretty good and lots of great vintage dealers. I'm really surprised Lucas wasn't at the TPM 20th panel. I figured he'd pop up at some point since it was in Chicago. Not sure I can do another Celebration next year, though. These things add up!

Reaction score
Another Celebration in the books! I had a good time at this one, tho I find myself going slower now than I used to. 5 days seemed a day too long - I could've done without the extra show floor day. I got my 4 autographs, and considered getting more, but passed. I didn't buy as much crap as I usually do. I wasn't a huge fan of the lottery system but I guess it worked okay. We discovered the QR codes for each panel were all the same, so they could be traded to friends, but we didn't find that out until the last day. If they are going to continue to use that system, it needs some bugs worked out. The app was a general failure. I never heard of anyone getting a last minute lottery panel reservation or having a lightspeed pass. They gave up entirely on the app-version of the show store. Security was handled extremely well, and normal panels were well managed. I never had to wait in a very long line for anything, which was great. And the 501st Bash was awesome!

Overall, it was a success. I think I enjoyed Anaheim the most, so I am pleased it's going back there - I just hope it's in the fall.

Reaction score
For those that attended, do you think that the fact the highly desirable panels (Episode IX, Mandalorian, etc...) were later in the morning made a difference? If I recall fro Celebrations past, those panels were at 9:00 or something.

Reaction score
If they are going to continue to use that system, it needs some bugs worked out. The app was a general failure. I never heard of anyone getting a last minute lottery panel reservation or having a lightspeed pass.
Early Sunday morning while eating breakfast at the hotel, my friend and I were able to get the lightspeed pass for the store to work. Easy 30 minutes in and out that morning. I had pointed it out to someone later in the day for them to schedule a time on Monday and it was still working at that time. Overall, as mentioned, the app was a general failure without the bugs worked out. A nice idea on most of the app, but they just waited way too close to the show to release it and have it tested.

5 days was a little too long. Thursday wore me out despite not much going on. We skipped out on Monday to head home a little early. Overall, had a great time. Hope it makes it back to the Midwest/Chicago again in the future.